Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
865,101 - 865,120 of 1,083,778 Comments Last updated 44 min ago
kill_d_by_windmi ll

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
WHAT A SORE LOSER!
WHINE.....WHAAAAA.....whaaaaaa !
Let Republicans enforce it in the courts.
No big deal. Business should provide med ins anyway.
Obama gave them more time, all sides agree except you?
Carol last night: impeach!
WHAT A SORE LOSER!
Republicans will never have a president. They can't win.
Imagine: Republicans legislate medical procedures!
Tell women: Have that ultrasound your Dr. Says is not needed, IN YOUR V A G I N A.
Old white republican men know better than Dr.?
Republicans: We wrote a thousand bills to regulate your private parts ladies!
Hint hint: the people already impeached your losers!
Preemptive strike!
Ha ha ha! Losers!(Whine for me: all day byytch!)
<quoted text>
Im only a dumb bird.

Killed by obama's green energy!
kill_d_by_clothe sHanger

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
I know republicans can't read more than a 2 line post.
It is the best law ever passed in history!
ACA! LAW OF THE LAND!!
Just because the idiots you vote for can't read,
The rest of the country loves this law!
(According to Republicans: parents tell their children: "you don't need medical insurance, take a chance, go it alone. Cancer never strikes a child!)
Republicans: on the sidelines forever! Idiots all.
Thanks obama/liberals...

Scraping out the uteruses of americans for 50 years!
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

The Obamas’ visit to South Africa, for people of color on both sides of the Atlantic, is heavy on symbolism and photo-ops, but devoid of any substance for those who hunger and thirst for justice. The ANC won the flag at the end of apartheid, but South Africa’s white elite kept the land and the money, after allowing a few well-connected black faces into high places.

Centuries of oppression have made black people particularly susceptible to the tempting siren song which comes with the image of black success. It is harmless to want a black person to win some coveted acclaim like a Pulitzer prize or even an Oscar, but quite another to be rendered stupid by the sight. Our history teaches us that we must be wary lest we be carried away by emotion that is without substance.

Barack Obama is the most obvious example of this phenomenon and its pernicious influence. A black man being elected as president of the United States was long hoped for but seemingly impossible. The realization of what had long been imagined and the often racist attacks against this dream create common cause with Obama and intense personal happiness on his behalf. Yet what seems inspirational is in fact anything but. The feelings of affection for Obama have been a negative force which impede rational thought and political common sense. The people who most epitomized the American search for true democracy have given it up completely because they love seeing a black man wearing a POTUS jacket and get angry when white people don’t like seeing it.

That history of struggle and the group identity it creates have not been limited to the American experience. The decades long fight against the racist apartheid system in South Africa was supported by millions of people in this country too. Jim Crow was America’s own apartheid. It is only logical that the sight of black people being treated cruelly in the name of white supremacy would elicit feelings of affinity in this country and around the world.

Nelson Mandela’s release from 27 years of imprisonment and his subsequent election as president created a surge of pride and joy among black people everywhere. Unfortunately we did not truly understand what we were witnessing. These events came about as a result of forces unacknowledged in America and they also came with a very high price.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
So, we have idiots saying the economy is doing well while at the same time we have more people on welfare than there are working in the economy.
... what's wrong with that picture?
Note to Democrats:
A healthy economy has more people producing than not producing.
An idiot can tell you that.
Economy - The wealth and resources of a country or region, esp. in terms of the production and consumption of goods and services.

Auto industry is once again a world leader.
Interest rates low.
Inflation low.
Steady job growth.
Stock market soaring.
Housing market improving.
Social Security solvent.
Wars ending.
More Americans receiving health care.
All this in spite of an obstructionist Republican party
Life is GREAT here in America for sane citizens!!!
Thanks Obama!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>When posting on Topix you idiot, there's a fine line between what's on your mind you moron and You should probably call Bob or Julia about this you dumbass??
It's the culture...
Thanks dufus, I'll be sure and give them a call, now go adjust that bag strapped to your leg.LMAO..What a dope you are, and you actually think anyone does anything but laugh at your stupid.
kill_d_by_obamac are

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
ACA! LAW OF THE LAND!!
(According to Republicans: parents tell their children: "you don't need medical insurance, take a chance, go it alone. Cancer never strikes a child!)
Nancy pelosi did not read the ACA....

thanks obama/liberals!

Keeping dummies who can vote dumb for 237 years....
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
SO leave it to a methhead like yourself to post the incoherency-eh -you walking, LYING, delusional piece of trash.
Was that you Flo? With the Mountain Dew?'Splains ever'thang.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

State Troopers Forcibly Remove Texas Woman During Epic Testimony Against Abortion Bill

I will thank you, though, first. It was destiny that you would discriminate against us and try to force your way inside the bodies of Texas women. Thank you! For finally working against women so publicly, and not in the shadows like you’re used to. Thank you for every single bad press conference with your bad information. Thank you for every hateful statement degrading women and girls to sex objects, and brood mares, and bald eagles, and leather wallets, like your eloquent pro-life supporters have done today.

Thank you for being you, Texas legislature. You have radicalized hundreds of thousands of us. And no matter what you do for the next 22 days, women and their allies are coming for you. Let’s start down the line. Senator Campbell, you’re an ophthalmologist. So I won’t be making you the expert on reproductive health. We can give you all the children with chlamydia and herpes in their eyes, since we don’t have Sex Ed in this state.

As she was taken away, Slamen yelled,“This is a farce. The Texas legislature is a bunch of liars. It’s a low bar that you hold yourself to that you simply allowed us to speak

http://thinkprogress.org/
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
Treason - The betrayal of a trust; a violation of the allegiance owed by somebody to his or her own country.
This administration betrayed our trust and violated their allegiance owed to us and this country.
We were promised answers. They owe us answers.
Did this president know the IRS was going after his political enemies?
Why were unanswered questions surrounding Benghazi and a terrorist attack on 9/11 swept under the rug?
Why is Eric Holder still sitting in the Attorney General's chair in the White House?
Again, when does stonewalling cross the line and become treason?
When are we going to hear the word "impeachment"?
Getting away with such a betrayal of trust by disregarding the allegiance owed to one's country and its people is an impeachable offense by any definition.
I can only hope the wheels of this investigation are still in progress and we just can't hear it.
Or am I the only one who still wants answers and accountability?
Carol, you just keep trotting out the same tired inane old talking points that amount to nothing.
The IRS wasn't targeting anyone liar, they were doing their job vetting applications for 501(c)(4) status determining if those groups actually fit the legal definition. Groups that used the terms "Progressive",‘‘Medi cal Marijuana,’’‘'Occupied Territory Advocacy,’’‘'Healthcare legislation,’’‘'Newspaper Entities’’ and ‘‘Paying National Debt.’’ were also given additional scrutiny.
What unanswered questions about Benghazi? "Benghazi" is "the scandal that wasn't there." General Petraeus testified that, while they immediately suspected terrorism, they did NOT want that information made public for fear of tipping off the attackers, and the fact is the anti-Islam video behind the riots in Egypt WERE used as cover for the Libya attack, so the idea the attack was connected to the famed YouTube video was indeed the truth.
While I do have issues with Eric Holder not prosecuting bankers for fraud in crashing the economy nothing that alluded to comes close to committing a crime. In the Rosen case a warrant was obtained from a federal judge. In the AP case a subpoena was issued and was honored by the telecoms involved. The Supreme Court in Smith v Maryland ruled that the phone records belong to the phone company and that there is no expectation of privacy involved.
No Carol, there's no going to be any impeachment. Despite your insanely delusional rantings the have been no impeachable crimes committed or any crimes at all by the President.
Patriot

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

***ALL EYES ON THE GULF!***

Earlier we posted about the USGS conducting flights over the New Madrid today (yesterday). It appears according to several EQ watchers that there was a 5.2 EQ yesterday in the Gulf of Mexico. Also, in the past few hours, news of a NEW gas well leak near this EQ site is being reported (FAA is declaring this a no-fly zone). That's a triple whammy for those of us who have been watching the possible St. Lawrence Seaway/New Madrid/LA Sinkhole/Gulf of Mexico connection with great interest. I'll attach some links to check out. If you see anywhere (forums/webpages, etc) that these issues are being discussed, please post a link here as well!

USGS CONDUCTS NEW MADRID FLIGHTS: http://www.wbir.com/news/article/279776/2/Geo...

GOM EQ SCREENSHOT: http://lasinkhole.wordpress.com/2013/07/08/br...

NEW WELL LEAK: http://www.fox8live.com/story/22797333/natura...

NO FLY ZONE DECLARED: http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_3_2342.h...

AND for those of you who are wondering why we care, IT'S COMPLICATED! but these two people and their work will help you understand:

~Jack Reed was a retired geologist who studied oil formations in the Gulf of Mexico. Oversimplified, his theory says a crack in the North American tectonic plate runs from Louisiana through New Madrid to the St. Lawrence Seaway. Seismic activity in the western Gulf of Mexico would directly affect the New Madrid area: http://www.realistnews.net/Thread-jack-reeds-...

~Matt Simmons was a BP whistleblower who indicated in many interviews that the pressures in the BP well could never be contained, and that gas could migrate up into other faults setting off chain-reactions. My favorite interview of his (although there are many on you tube) is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch...

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST, IF THE NEW MADRID GOES OFF, BYE-BYE NUKE PLANTS: http://www.nrdc.org/nuclear/fallout/

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The "poor" have always been free to participate in the medical insurance market.
It's called working.
No, you're wrong again. Many of the poor were banned from purchasing health insurance because of 'pre-existing conditions' according to prejudicial conditions set by the insurance companies. That is no longer allowed thaks to Obamacare reforms to protect everyone's right to pursue better healthcare for themselves.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Target Gives Managers ‘Multi-Cultural Tips’: Not All Hispanics Eat Tacos Or Wear Sombreros

a. Food: not everyone eats tacos and burritos;

b. Music: not everyone dances to salsa;

c. Dress: not everyone wears a sombrero;

d. Mexicans (lower education level, some may be undocumented);

e. Cubans (Political refugees, legal status, higher education level); and

f. They may say ‘OK, OK’ and pretend to understand, when they do not, just to save face.

The plaintiffs, Robert Gonzalez, Bulmaro Fabian and Pedro Garcia-Ayala, charge that the managers, who are nearly all white, are often openly racist and abusive. Managers allegedly said things like “Only a ‘wetback’ can work this hard,” and “You got to be Mexican to work like this,” and “What the hell, I’m already sweating like a Mexican.” Gonzalez says he complained to human resources, only to be punished with his supervisor’s more concerted efforts to humiliate and demean him using racial epithets. All three employees claim they were fired because of their race.

kill_d_by_clothe sHanger

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
State Troopers Forcibly Remove Texas Woman During Epic Testimony Against Abortion Bill
I will thank you, though, first. It was destiny that you would discriminate against us and try to force your way inside the bodies of Texas women. Thank you! For finally working against women so publicly, and not in the shadows like you’re used to. Thank you for every single bad press conference with your bad information. Thank you for every hateful statement degrading women and girls to sex objects, and brood mares, and bald eagles, and leather wallets, like your eloquent pro-life supporters have done today.
Thank you for being you, Texas legislature. You have radicalized hundreds of thousands of us. And no matter what you do for the next 22 days, women and their allies are coming for you. Let’s start down the line. Senator Campbell, you’re an ophthalmologist. So I won’t be making you the expert on reproductive health. We can give you all the children with chlamydia and herpes in their eyes, since we don’t have Sex Ed in this state.
As she was taken away, Slamen yelled,“This is a farce. The Texas legislature is a bunch of liars. It’s a low bar that you hold yourself to that you simply allowed us to speak
Liberal accomplishments!!!!!!!

Scrapping out the va j j's of american women or 50 years
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Emoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Economy - The wealth and resources of a country or region, esp. in terms of the production and consumption of goods and services.
Auto industry is once again a world leader.
Interest rates low.
Inflation low.
Steady job growth.
Stock market soaring.
Housing market improving.
Social Security solvent.
Wars ending.
More Americans receiving health care.
All this in spite of an obstructionist Republican party
Life is GREAT here in America for sane citizens!!!
Thanks Obama!
Now, now, there you go stateing the "FACTS" again. You know how angry these Neanderthal knuckle dragging righties get when confronted with them. Now you have gone and stirred up these sheepies and a stampede will start along with all of the bellowing, crying, moaning....I love the daily whining it's music to my ears...Yahoo.
proud2bwhite

North Fairfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
ACA! LAW OF THE LAND!!
well I decided that I didn't want to work today I am going to stay home with a nice young lady all day. So I'll need you to send me $30 for lunch and we may need some birth control so you need to give me another $20 for that as well. But then if we fail to be responsible in our actions and she ends up pregnant you'll need to give me enough for all the related medical cost . Oh I almost forgot after that ill need you to give me enough cash to provide for that child till age 21 as well..

Damm now if that's how I actualy thought , I would be a worthless libtarded obama supporter.
kill_d_by_cracke r

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks dufus, I'll be sure and give them a call, now go adjust that bag strapped to your leg.LMAO..What a dope you are, and you actually think anyone does anything but laugh at your stupid.
You need to spend more time in trayvon martin's neighborhood....
obama_the_penius

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Obama, elections, spying on americans and I evolved....

http://politix.topix.com/homepage/6448-obama-...
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Obama's heritage is NOT of Negro Slaves of America. Obama is NOT an authentic, true, bonafide brother nor a descendant of Black U.S. History, but only "OUTSOURCED" with Kenyan roots, a Muslim Heritage, and Irish white mother, Obama to fool the White idiot and unconscious Black race...
It's the culture...
Obama was force fed to Blacks thru the media, 24 with jack bauer as the working class white guy loyal to AMERICA no matter what race or who the president is appealed to many working class white men and those who identified with working class white guys many weekend warriors got caught up in the HYPE prior to OBAMA being selected focus groups were responding well so not much rigging wasnt needed for the first election however the second election JACK BAUER stayed home and didnt vote they knew ROMNEY would not get the votes he was a turn off to JACK BAUER so jack stayed HOME

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

WOW wrote:
The Obamas’ visit to South Africa, for people of color on both sides of the Atlantic, is heavy on symbolism and photo-ops, but devoid of any substance for those who hunger and thirst for justice. The ANC won the flag at the end of apartheid, but South Africa’s white elite kept the land and the money, after allowing a few well-connected black faces into high places.
Centuries of oppression have made black people particularly susceptible to the tempting siren song which comes with the image of black success. It is harmless to want a black person to win some coveted acclaim like a Pulitzer prize or even an Oscar, but quite another to be rendered stupid by the sight. Our history teaches us that we must be wary lest we be carried away by emotion that is without substance.
Barack Obama is the most obvious example of this phenomenon and its pernicious influence. A black man being elected as president of the United States was long hoped for but seemingly impossible. The realization of what had long been imagined and the often racist attacks against this dream create common cause with Obama and intense personal happiness on his behalf. Yet what seems inspirational is in fact anything but. The feelings of affection for Obama have been a negative force which impede rational thought and political common sense. The people who most epitomized the American search for true democracy have given it up completely because they love seeing a black man wearing a POTUS jacket and get angry when white people don’t like seeing it.
That history of struggle and the group identity it creates have not been limited to the American experience. The decades long fight against the racist apartheid system in South Africa was supported by millions of people in this country too. Jim Crow was America’s own apartheid. It is only logical that the sight of black people being treated cruelly in the name of white supremacy would elicit feelings of affinity in this country and around the world.
Nelson Mandela’s release from 27 years of imprisonment and his subsequent election as president created a surge of pride and joy among black people everywhere. Unfortunately we did not truly understand what we were witnessing. These events came about as a result of forces unacknowledged in America and they also came with a very high price.
So, you are saying that President Barack Obama is just a 'figurehead' in America and the real white Corporate power brokers in America are still making the decisions. That today's America of growing inequality of income wealth and employment opportunity are still being engineered by the same white Corporate elite that ruled during the United States Gilded Age when disparities between rich and poor were at their greatest and lead to mass protests, rioting, panics, crime waves, and increased violence as the social contract broke down completely.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
ACA! LAW OF THE LAND!!
... and that explains why no Democrat in DC or union wants to be anywhere near it.

So, if the whole country loves the law, why is Obama promoting delaying the implementation until after the mid-term elections?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

41 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 33 min andet1987 4,592
Music Artists A to Z 1 hr _Zoey_ 263
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Louis Slungpoo 45,893
The Best Investment Advice Of All Time 2 hr Chan 1
Top 100 Inspirational Quotes 3 hr Chan 1
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 hr andet1987 477
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 3 hr andet1987 1,198
Amy 7-30 4 hr pde 21
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr LRS 175,138
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr PEllen 97,577
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs