Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#940960 Jul 9, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
The dems had complete power for 2 years yet the wars continued.
one word FILIBUSTER......Look it up....the GOP has used it a record number of times, their use is unprecedented in the history of the U.S. Congress

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#940961 Jul 9, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Your thought progress is primitive! Both phrases mean the same thing coming from an authority figure. Do you actually think the dispatcher asked Zimmerman was he following Trayvon, then said"we don't need you to do that after Zimmerman said " yes"for nothing? Don't do that to yourself, you're losing respect by the second!
The admitted street thug and cocaine dealer telling us we need to do what the cops tell us. I bet your mamma is so proud.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#940962 Jul 9, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>

Who doesn't want medical insurance?
Medical insurance is a product, not to be confused with medical care, and as such is subject to cost-benefit analysis as part of the purchase decision.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#940963 Jul 9, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You couldnt lie your way out of it so now it's "who cares".
"As regime change was unfolding in Egypt, Secretary of State John Kerry spent time on his boat Wednesday afternoon in Nantucket Sound, the State Department acknowledged to CBS News on Friday, after repeatedly denying that Kerry was aboard any boat."
So? Is that your worst problem?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#940964 Jul 9, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> The Saigon, South Vietnamese Thieu regime was never dedicated to building a 'Vietnamese liberal middle class' but it was only concerned with retaining its own power and pursue its own private self-interests . The South Vietnamese political regime lost its legitimacy( I doubt if they even had widespread legitimacy) with the Vietnamese people over the long years of the war because it failed as a government to represent and protect the interests of the Vietnamese public.
Interesting subjective diatribe... right out of the system of lies invented by the Democrats about Vietnam.

But, if what you're saying is true, what motivated the South Vietnamese to defeat the single largest communist invasion of the war WITHOUT ASSISTANCE FROM US GROUND COMBAT UNITS and control over 90 percent of their country, more than at any other time since Ho Chi Minh divided the country and began invading South Vietnam?

You are saying that nobody was motivated to support the government of South Vietnam throughout the war, right?
Then, who beat the shit out of the NVA in 1972? Aliens from space? That's your only other choice because US ground combat units had been removed from Vietnam the previous year.

Your argument just doesn't hold up in the face of the facts of history.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#940965 Jul 9, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
everyone who's been in the military since the late 70's knows your serial number is your SSN. so asking someone to post their serial number is
1. either an idiot, knowing full well in this age of identity theft won't do it.
2. or has never been in the military and has watched 1 to many WWII flicks
Galt is a proven liar, and has never served a day...Maybe in the county jail.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#940966 Jul 9, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Wherever did you come with the idea that First Lady Michelle Obama is interested in public office? It's not true.
President Obama has no say as to who will win the nomination. You just make stuff as if you're only talking to the dummy rightwingers; you know, the ones who argued for days that Hitler was democratically elected! OOpppsie! So did you. I forgot.
Obama is in absolute control of the DemoKKKrat Party.

All the Obama fundraising is for his personal political organization, not for the party.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#940967 Jul 9, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Seems to me the NSA must of gathered information on the Moslem-what? oh they didn't profile Moslems--why ? because O'bama told them not to.
the NSA doesn't have to profile Muslims, they're intercepting everybodies phone call, internet usage and emails. There were plenty of warnings that the military missed. You can't blame the President for the incompetence of minor military officers

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#940968 Jul 9, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
one word FILIBUSTER......Look it up....the GOP has used it a record number of times, their use is unprecedented in the history of the U.S. Congress
Good. The entire country has been duped... again. Fortunately there is a rule in the Senate to stop the Marxist communist takeover of the country.
I'd like to see the filibuster used continuously until the Senate passes a goddam budget, something we haven't seen since Obama took office.
An idiot can tell you any government that can't even budget itself is certain to collapse.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#940969 Jul 9, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Wherever did you come with the idea that First Lady Michelle Obama is interested in public office? It's not true.
President Obama has no say as to who will win the nomination. You just make stuff as if you're only talking to the dummy rightwingers; you know, the ones who argued for days that Hitler was democratically elected! OOpppsie! So did you. I forgot.
Galt is convinced more broadly that the 2016 nominee will be an Obama surrogate, Moochelle being only one of several possibilities.

Others include Cory Booker, Deval Patrick, and Eric Holder.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#940970 Jul 9, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did or did not Barack Obama lie about a video on the anniversary of a 9/11 terrorist attack on an embassy in front of the UN two weeks after Benghazi - and one week after Hillary Clinton admitted it was, indeed, a terrorist attack - still blaming the video?
Yes or no, Lily?
Better look it up before answering.
No
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#940971 Jul 9, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt is convinced more broadly that the 2016 nominee will be an Obama surrogate, Moochelle being only one of several possibilities.
Others include Cory Booker, Deval Patrick, and Eric Holder.
I highly doubt any of the above is interested.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#940972 Jul 9, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
everyone who's been in the military since the late 70's knows your serial number is your SSN. so asking someone to post their serial number is
1. either an idiot, knowing full well in this age of identity theft won't do it.
And that is exactly why Nobraina tries to not talk about any military service . He gives himself away every time.. Too funny

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#940973 Jul 9, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Tell it to the Republicans because they WANT your vagina.
O'bamacare owns your vagina. You have to read O'bamacare to see what's in it.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#940974 Jul 9, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Early 70s, dufus. I think since 71, maybe 72.
I remember mine.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#940975 Jul 9, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a point.
The only way that Obama would allow Hillary to have the nomination would be if she agreed to accept Moochelle as VP.
But why do that when he can just install Moochelle at the top of the ticket?
Hillary/Michelle would win in a landslide. Homer would vote for that ticket.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#940976 Jul 9, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
the NSA doesn't have to profile Muslims, they're intercepting everybodies phone call, internet usage and emails. There were plenty of warnings that the military missed. You can't blame the President for the incompetence of minor military officers
I can blame the idiot O'bama for everything.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#940977 Jul 9, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Question A-Of course. then I would I would expect the nieghborhood watch person to remain in place, and wait for the law to show up, if not in any immediate danger.
Question B-Absolutely-common sense would definitely propel ANYONE having ay-to stay on the RIGHT path, rather than veer off in any WRONG direction.
Hense-- In trouble, found trouble, both out looking for trouble.
Second degree manslaughter is appropriate.
The rest of the stuff is just --MORE racist based bullchit.
Perhaps you're right.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#940978 Jul 9, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is in absolute control of the DemoKKKrat Party.
All the Obama fundraising is for his personal political organization, not for the party.
Obama doesn't need a personal political organization any longer since he won't ever run for office again in his life. Just another loony conspiracy theory.
You're right about one thing though, Obama is the leader of the Democratic party. Who is the leader of the Republican party? That one will keep you busy for a while.
LCN Llin

United States

#940979 Jul 9, 2013
Good News for America

First lady Michelle Obama on Tuesday hosted a “Kids’ State Dinner” at the White House. The event honored 54 children who won a national healthy lunch recipe contest associated with Mrs. Obama’s “Let’s Move!” initiative.

First lady Michelle Obama speaks at a Kids' State Dinner at the White House on Tuesday. Obama welcomed 54 children to the White House for creating winning recipes as part of a healthy lunch contest.

In some ways the lunch was indeed just like a real state dinner, the first lady noted when greeting the group. Everybody got to go through a reception line. They walked a red carpet past a group of press. They had to wait and wait to get through security.

“It’s a real hassle coming to the White House, isn’t it?” said Mrs. Obama.

But in other ways the lunch was actually better than the nighttime dinners that honor foreign leaders. For one thing, you could eat with your fingers. The first lady, in her remarks, expressly permitted such behavior.

This did not sit well with her husband, who made a drop-by appearance.

“Michelle never said to me I could just pick up something with my fingers at a state dinner. That’s just not fair,” President Obama said, to general hilarity from the 8- to 12-year-old contest winners.

Also, there were balloon animals. A really good balloon person entertained the kids as they filed in. His yellow giraffe was phenomenal.

“I don’t know who’s more popular, Mrs. Obama or the balloon guy,” said Michael Curtin, CEO of DC Central Kitchen and a judge of the recipe contest, prior to the meal.

The food itself was different, too. It was a selection of the winning recipes, one from each state and three US territories. These ran the gamut from “Alaskan Ceviche with Mango” to “Wisconsin Solar Oven-Simmered Chili.”

More than 1,300 children entered the Healthy Lunchtime Challenge contest, which was funded by the food website Epicurious as well as “Let’s Move.” It called for recipes based on the US Department of Agriculture healthy eating guidelines for kids at ChooseMyPlate.gov .

As you might expect, many of the winning recipes are pretty healthy-sounding. Most school lunchrooms don’t feature something called the Bring It On Brussels Sprouts Wrap, invented by 9-year-old Corbin Jackson of South Carolina.

There were lots of lettuce cups. Many winners got their start cooking because they or a sibling has a health challenge that limits their diet.

But gluten-free does not have to mean “tasteless.” Mrs. Obama mentioned that the Fun Mini-Pizza recipe of 10-year-old Olivia Neely of Kansas was so tasty that at least one judge could not believe the crust was made from cauliflower, not flour, and went back to the kitchen to make sure it had been made correctly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 29 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,850
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 31 min Rick Moss 71,088
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 49,228
The Violence in Chicago is from Gangs and Not t... 3 hr Culture Auditor 1
daughter/father appropriate physical contact (Mar '12) 4 hr WOW 16
abby 12-21 5 hr PEllen 1
amy 12-21 5 hr PEllen 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago