Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#940644 Jul 9, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Treason - The betrayal of a trust; a violation of the allegiance owed by somebody to his or her own country.
This administration betrayed our trust and violated their allegiance owed to us and this country.
We were promised answers. They owe us answers.
Did this president know the IRS was going after his political enemies?
Why were unanswered questions surrounding Benghazi and a terrorist attack on 9/11 swept under the rug?
Why is Eric Holder still sitting in the Attorney General's chair in the White House?
Again, when does stonewalling cross the line and become treason?
When are we going to hear the word "impeachment"?
Getting away with such a betrayal of trust by disregarding the allegiance owed to one's country and its people is an impeachable offense by any definition.
I can only hope the wheels of this investigation are still in progress and we just can't hear it.
Or am I the only one who still wants answers and accountability?
Call Glen Beck

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#940645 Jul 9, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox in and Faux out is amusing.
Faux does help distract the republicans and their fav radio host is not on the outside.
When President Bush took office on Jan. 20, 2001, the S&P 500 stock market index stood at 1,342.54.
The day he left office, it was 805.22, a drop of 40 percent.
Republicans have problems with economics?
Are you really this slow on the uptake? It's been pointed out to you numerous times the housing market collapse changed the landscape. Barney Frank and Maxine Waters led the Democratic pack in insisting Fannie and Freddie were doing just fine and any attempt to rein it in and hold Raines accountable in 2004 was, according to Waters, a "public lynching".

It was Bush who tried to warn them.

Maybe you ARE this slow on the uptake. How sad for you.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#940646 Jul 9, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
... is someone wearing "Skanque" perfume in here?
You just got a whif of your own breath.
LCN Llin

United States

#940647 Jul 9, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
The market historically does better with Democrats in office. I don't know what they're whining about. I overheard a rightwinger blasting off about President Obama; and in his next breath he claimed to have made a fortune since his election but was moving his millions to Panama! He was likely full of hot air! And, judging by his big fat appearance....
NSA leaker Edward Snowden damaged the “security of the country,” former President George W. Bush said in an interview.

Bush did not directly say whether he thinks Snowden can be labeled a “traitor” but said he knows the country has been hurt as a result of the leaks.“I think he damaged the security of the country,” Bush said on CNN while visiting Africa, adding that President Barack Obama will deal with the situation.

Bush did not attend the Republican convention but supports President Obama on surveillance program.

Bush also defended the surveillance program, which began during his administration after Sept. 11, saying the programs guarantee civil liberties are protected.
“I put the program in place to protect the country and one of the certainties is civil liberties were guaranteed,” Bush said. He went on to say there needs to be a balance between security and privacy when protecting the country.“I think there needs to be a balance, and I think as the president explained there’s a proper

Orlando, FL

#940648 Jul 9, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Many human senses often become jaded or acclimated. Some women can't smell their own perfume after wearing the same scent 1,000 times so they keep putting it on stronger until they think the strength is just 'right'. Meanwhile, men's faces are turning blue as she passes by gagging them.
If you eat Pizza 5 times week, the taste becomes boring. Salt has a way of becoming invisible to our taste buds making us increase the amount we put in our food.
The Magic Negro keeps farting Mustard Gas and expects us all to get acclimated to its gut wrenching smell and effects. The Liberal Media says playfully "Don't worry. You'll get used to it".
My great fear is that they are right.
And my great fear is that YOU are right.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#940649 Jul 9, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Treason - The betrayal of a trust; a violation of the allegiance owed by somebody to his or her own country.
This administration betrayed our trust and violated their allegiance owed to us and this country.
Why were unanswered questions surrounding Benghazi and a terrorist attack on 9/11 swept under the rug?
Why is Eric Holder still sitting in the Attorney General's chair in the White House?
Getting away with such a betrayal of trust by disregarding the allegiance owed to one's country and its people is an impeachable offense by any definition.
I can only hope the wheels of this investigation are still in progress and we just can't hear it.
These questions have been answered and resolved on all credible media. Turn off "unfair and unbalanced" FOX if you want real news and real answers.
LCN Llin

United States

#940650 Jul 9, 2013
John Galt wrote:
A retired U.S. Marine severely injured in Iraq was subjected to extra scrutiny at a California airport and at the state capitol building for wearing "too much metal" -- an inspection that shocked his travel companion as well as bystanders, the MilitaryTimes.com reported.
Cpl. Nathan Kemnitz, who was gravely wounded in 2004 from a roadside bomb in Iraq, has limited use of his right arm and is incapable of lifting it above his head, according to the website.
During a recent trip to the state capitol building in Sacramento, Calif.-- where Kemnitz was being honored as his legislative district’s veteran of the year -- the retired Marine was reportedly asked to remove his dress shirt.
He was also asked by TSA workers at Sacramento International Airport to lift his arms above his head during a full-body scan. Kemnitz could not comply with either request, telling Military Times, "My right arm doesn’t work. It’s a lot of hassle for me to do that."
Kemnitz's travel partner, Patricia Martin, was outraged following the incidents and wrote to Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki to express her anger.
“What does a uniform and heroism represent if our own citizens — in this case employees of the TSA and security personnel — have no regard for them?” Martin reportedly wrote.
"I feel so strongly that you need to know just how shamefully even a Purple Heart recipient/disabled veteran can be treated by some TSA and security employees," she said, according to the website.
Met a Vet with one legs missing, below the knee, from blast in Afghanistan. He was there for two weeks and this happened. He was a doctor assigned to medical team.
LCN Llin

United States

#940651 Jul 9, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really this slow on the uptake? It's been pointed out to you numerous times the housing market collapse changed the landscape. Barney Frank and Maxine Waters led the Democratic pack in insisting Fannie and Freddie were doing just fine and any attempt to rein it in and hold Raines accountable in 2004 was, according to Waters, a "public lynching".
It was Bush who tried to warn them.
Maybe you ARE this slow on the uptake. How sad for you.
"Hell has no Fury as a noncombatant..." ;-)
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#940652 Jul 9, 2013
MADISON, Wis.-- A federal judge issued a temporary restraining order Monday evening to block enforcement of a new Wisconsin law that bans doctors who lack admitting privileges at nearby hospitals from performing abortions.

U.S. District Judge William Conley granted the order following a hearing in a lawsuit filed Friday by Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin and Affiliated Medical Services. It alleged the requirement would unconstitutionally restrict the availability of abortions in the state, violates the U.S. Constitution's due process guarantee and unconstitutionally treats doctors who perform abortions differently from those who perform other procedures.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/08/wisc...

Orlando, FL

#940653 Jul 9, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Fourteen Propaganda Techniques Fox "News" Uses to Brainwash Americans
1. Panic Mongering.
2. Character Assassination/Ad Hominem.
http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/1964:fourt...
seek help immediately.
No, that would be your liberal media. They've been caught numerous times in the recent past editing the news to suit their bias and having to apologize after getting caught or just making up the news and well-known anchors getting fired.

You never hear any other side of anything and holding those in power accountable is taboo. That's brainwashing.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#940654 Jul 9, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
" OMG OMG OMG Graffiti!!! OMG OMG OMG"
You people are just plain dumber than sh*t.
Dumbass dave loves sounding like a teenaged girl.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#940655 Jul 9, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
And my great fear is that YOU are right.
Your great fear should be that you are agreeing with a person who posts 24/7 saying Magic Negro about the President of the United States
LCN Llin

United States

#940656 Jul 9, 2013
WASHINGTON — September 19, 2008 11:32 PM EST | AP

Struggling to stave off financial catastrophe, the Bush administration on Friday laid out a radical bailout plan with a jawdropping price tag _ a takeover of a half-trillion dollars or more in worthless mortgages and other bad debt held by tottering institutions.

Relieved investors sent stocks soaring on Wall Street and around the globe. The Dow-Jones industrials average rose 368 points after surging 410 points the day before on rumors the federal action was afoot.

A grim-faced President Bush acknowledged risks to taxpayers in what would be the most sweeping government intervention to rescue failing financial institutions since the Great Depression. But he declared, "The risk of not acting would be far higher."

The administration is asking Congress for far-reaching new powers to take over troubled mortgages from banks and other companies, including purchasing sour mortgage-backed securities. Administration officials and congressional leaders are to work out details over the weekend.

Congressional officials said they expected a request for legal authority to buy up the bad loans, at a cost in excess of $500 billion to the government. Democrats were discussing whether to try to attach middle class assistance to the legislation, despite a request from Bush to avoid adding controversial items that could delay action. An expansion of jobless benefits was one possibility.

In other major steps, the Treasury Department and Federal Reserve moved to give money-market mutual funds the same kind of federal protection, at least temporarily, that now applies to savings and checking accounts and certificates of deposit at banks. Money-market accounts sold through retail banks are already FDIC insured.

The spreading global selling panic had started to threaten some money-market funds, usually thought of as rock-solid investments. Administration officials feared a run on these funds, held by millions of Americans.

"Every American should know that the federal government continues to enforce laws and regulations protecting your money," Bush said at the White House. The 75-year-old Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation now insures savings and checking accounts and certificates of deposit up to $100,000.

Separately, the Securities and Exchange Commission acted to block short-selling in financial securities. That is a trading method that bets the value of stocks will go down. It has been blamed for accelerating the plunge in stock prices of banks and other financial institutions.

"This is a pivotal moment for America's economy," Bush said. "In our nation's history, there have been moments that require us to come together across party lines to address major challenges. This is such a moment."

Congressional leaders of both parties welcomed the administration's bold moves, after a series of ad hoc rescues.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#940657 Jul 9, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Bad example. I should have realized that Galt is a panty wasted chickensh*t who would stand by shivering in fear as someone insulted his wife.
Galt looked at the source and decided pity was the best emotion to have on your dumb ass. Only an idiot would swing at a teenaged girl for insulting their wife.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#940658 Jul 9, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
You're right, there was ample evidence that the administration was repeatedly warned of an attack on the U.S. by al Qaeda which were ignored. the attacks of 9/11 should have been followed by calls for impeaching the President and Vice President following the worse attack on U.S. since the War of 1812. There was the PDB of Aug 6, 2001 and the CIA briefings in June 2001 about an impending al Qaeda attack. Yet the Bush administration refused to act, leading to the deaths of 3,000 Americans.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#940659 Jul 9, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
NSA leaker Edward Snowden damaged the “security of the country,” former President George W. Bush said in an interview.
Bush did not directly say whether he thinks Snowden can be labeled a “traitor” but said he knows the country has been hurt as a result of the leaks.“I think he damaged the security of the country,” Bush said on CNN while visiting Africa, adding that President Barack Obama will deal with the situation.
Bush did not attend the Republican convention but supports President Obama on surveillance program.
Bush also defended the surveillance program, which began during his administration after Sept. 11, saying the programs guarantee civil liberties are protected.
“I put the program in place to protect the country and one of the certainties is civil liberties were guaranteed,” Bush said. He went on to say there needs to be a balance between security and privacy when protecting the country.“I think there needs to be a balance, and I think as the president explained there’s a proper
The Presidents Club has 5 members who totally "get it"
LCN Llin

United States

#940660 Jul 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Your great fear should be that you are agreeing with a person who posts 24/7 saying Magic Negro about the President of the United States
Republicans and Southern Democrats opposed the Civil Right Act of 1964. Barry Goldwater voted no.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#940661 Jul 9, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that would be your liberal media. They've been caught numerous times in the recent past editing the news to suit their bias and having to apologize after getting caught or just making up the news and well-known anchors getting fired.
You never hear any other side of anything and holding those in power accountable is taboo. That's brainwashing.
Delusional
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#940662 Jul 9, 2013
WASHINGTON -- Three southern Republican governors called on President Barack Obama Monday to end National Guard furloughs resulting from sequestration cuts.

Govs. Rick Scott (Fla.), Bobby Jindal (La.) and Phil Bryant (Miss.) said in a letter that the cuts would harm their states' abilities to fight natural disasters, and they urged the administration to direct the Department of Defense to reverse the policy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/08/rick...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#940663 Jul 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh shut up shorty, where's Svet?
"Svet" is light, or color in Russian, idiot. It comes from the sun, or a light bulb; and it has many visible frequencies.
Now, back to the issue:

You forgot to answer the post again, skank.
Please help us find "Wahhabistan" on a map. I can't seem to locate it.
Perhaps it will be helpful if you tell us which countries the Wahhabists are actively killing people and/or attempting to take control of and/or which countries Wahhabist terrorists come from.
I'll help you.
Most Wahhabist terrorists come from places like Saudi Arabia.
Please tell us why Obama gives "special traveller" status to all the Wahhabist terrorists in Saudi Arabia.
What's the plan?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Indemnity 179,658
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 min RACE 98,556
Abby 10-30 13 min RACE 14
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min Earthling-1 47,585
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 35 min Frijoles 70,146
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Boy G 50,755
Amy 10-30 3 hr edogxxx 11
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]