Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#940135 Jul 8, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
She thought President Obama raised her electric bill and controls the price of milk; that's when he's not creating hurricanes and deposing dictators and monitoring gitmo and listening to Aunt Batty's phone calls, and Zimmermans trial.
Busy man, our President.
I want you to tell me with a straight face that if GWB were still in office and your electric bills were going up and food prices were going up, you'd give him a pass.

Obama lied to you about Gitmo; he didn't create the hurricane, he just benefited from it; and has nothing to do with the Zimmerman trial except saying Trayvon looked like him.

But he also said the police were wrong in trying to protect that black professor's home without knowing all the facts too, remember?

Now tell me you wouldn't have blamed Bush if the cost of everything had increased under his watch.

I dare ya'.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#940136 Jul 8, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
How many people disapprove of obamacare?
It's obvous every Democrat that voted for it disapproves of it. Otherwise they wouldn't have any problem having it apply to themselves.

Orlando, FL

#940137 Jul 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Carol, you're doing the exact wrong thing. Open the upstairs vents. If people are too cold at night, adjust the thermostat.
Well, I just shut both of them upstairs a few minutes ago and semi-closed the one downstairs, set the temperature a little higher, and it's quite comfortable downstairs now.

Rarely is anyone upstairs during the day.

I'll do the opposite with the vents tonight and get a fan for me downstairs after everyone's gone to bed.

That makes a lot more sense to me.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#940138 Jul 8, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You must be the stupidest mofo on this thread if not the entire planet and that would even include the nitwit formerly known as Carol who questions why her Florida July electric bill is higher than that of the previous November.
FYI Consumer Milk prices were higher than giraffe nuts during late 07 and early 08 for reasons that Ray Charles could see.
Today's consumer milk prices are lower than in 08.
Next!
You must be the stupidest mofo on this threaad to not know how much milk prices have increased since Obama took office.
But, how about you post some actual numbers to back your bullshit up.

I'll help you with the sentence structure:

Milk in 2007 was $_.__ a gallon.
Milk in 2008 was $_.__ a gallon.
Milk in 2009 was $_.__ a gallon.

and milk today is $_.__ a gallon.

Or, pick any food item you desire. The more food items you pick, the more accurate your assessment of inflation will be. I just picked milk because everyone not getting food stamps feels the inflation.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#940139 Jul 8, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
Obammy Care--the next big runaway government trainwreck
On the heels of Tuesday's report that Obamacare's employer mandate would be delayed by a year, the Obama Administration delayed INCOME-VERIFICATION REQUIREMENTS for health exchange subsidies. This is another piece of the unraveling that has continued to take place even as the Obama administration has pressed forward with implementation.
From the Washington Post's report:
The verification systems are meant to determine who qualifies for new benefits under the Affordable Care Act. The law includes tax subsidies to purchase health insurance for Americans who earn less than 400 percent of the poverty line, about $45,000 for an individual.
After encountering “legislative and operational barriers,” the federal government will not require the District and the 16 states that are running their own marketplaces to verify a consumer’s statement that they do not receive health insurance from their employer...
The rule also scaled back states’ responsibilities to double-check the income levels that consumers report, which determine any tax subsidy they receive.
Smells like the delay of the employer mandate was to avoid verification of the individual mandate.

The law does not permit subsidies if the employer offers coverage and the employee declines the coverage. This move by ObamaKKKare allows massive subsidies not permitted by the law.

All in all, an invitation to massive fraud, just like elections that do not require any verification of voter identity.

The Egyptians have more democracy under military rule than we do under Obama.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#940140 Jul 8, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>No, but if it's going to assist the winners it should then assist the losers.
we thought the whole premise of the democrats was to have permanent safety nets so that being stupid, lazy, irresponsible and anti-social shielded one from the consequences of poor choices and decisions.

what started as protecting widows and veterans turned into universal entitlements with everyone getting a a guaranteed outcome regardless of their efforts.

everyone gets a trophy.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#940141 Jul 8, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Reporting poll results without providing the question asked is sloppy reporting.
Besides, with the National Healthcare Reform, it is doubtful that 10% of the respondents to the poll even understand the issue.
Thanks JG
Clearly, the government has no clue how to implement ObamaKKKare.

More likely, they do, but have discovered that ObamaKKKare will result in massive budget overruns and are trying to modify the law while bypassing Congress.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#940142 Jul 8, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>No, but if it's going to assist the winners it should then assist the losers.
You're the one who wants to keep some subsidies and eliminate others.

Why not eliminate all subsidies, tax credits, etc.?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#940143 Jul 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
In many states, Homer's included, there is no free market for milk, with minimum prices set by the state to help the farm lobby.
I guess Homer was paying $4.00 a gallon for milk in 2008 then. I was paying a little over $2.00 a gallon for the same brand. Today, it's over $4.00 a gallon.
But, I don't get food stamps, so I have to feel the inflation.
Homer probably gets food stamps and hasn't got a clue what the inflation really amounts to because, if the price of food goes up, he gets more food stamps.... like the current farm bill.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#940144 Jul 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I want you to tell me with a straight face that if GWB were still in office and your electric bills were going up and food prices were going up, you'd give him a pass.
Obama lied to you about Gitmo; he didn't create the hurricane, he just benefited from it; and has nothing to do with the Zimmerman trial except saying Trayvon looked like him.
But he also said the police were wrong in trying to protect that black professor's home without knowing all the facts too, remember?
Now tell me you wouldn't have blamed Bush if the cost of everything had increased under his watch.
I dare ya'.
are you kidding? there was constant media criticism of Bush about the price of gas, until Obama took office. then they dropped the subject faster than Cindy Sheehan unshackled herself from the White House fence.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#940145 Jul 8, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvous every Democrat that voted for it disapproves of it. Otherwise they wouldn't have any problem having it apply to themselves.
False as usual, i'm sure there were parts in the bill that a lot of people would have disagreed with. But the single issue of healthcare being needed most all Democrats would have agreed with. While all of the greedy corporate loving, poor hateing,woman controlling homophobic baggers as usual are against anything that Obama proposes,and at the expense of everyone but the filthy rich. They are scum, just like you. By the way was that movie "Get Shorty" about you.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#940146 Jul 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Smells like the delay of the employer mandate was to avoid verification of the individual mandate.
The law does not permit subsidies if the employer offers coverage and the employee declines the coverage. This move by ObamaKKKare allows massive subsidies not permitted by the law.
All in all, an invitation to massive fraud, just like elections that do not require any verification of voter identity.
That's worth saying again....
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#940147 Jul 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Then move to Egypt you frigging un-American moron, and take "SHORTY" with you.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#940148 Jul 8, 2013
Jimmy Carter has to be smiling, if Historian records Obama’s Presidency correctly, Obama will be known as the Welfare President!! This President told us back in 2000 he was Focus like a Laser on Jobs/Economy, today 47% of adults have full time Jobs in 2007 59%, Longest Stretch of 7.5%+ Unemployment on Record, 10 million Americans on disability another 47 million on Food Stamps, 101 Million Americans Receive Food Aid from Federal Gov't the facts are this President was more Focus On improving his Golf Scores than life’s for the American People!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#940149 Jul 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I just shut both of them upstairs a few minutes ago and semi-closed the one downstairs, set the temperature a little higher, and it's quite comfortable downstairs now.
Rarely is anyone upstairs during the day.
I'll do the opposite with the vents tonight and get a fan for me downstairs after everyone's gone to bed.
That makes a lot more sense to me.
Hot air rises, cold air descends.

You need ceiling fans to do any good.
Goldwaterite

Stillwater, OK

#940150 Jul 8, 2013
"If five years ago some pundit or some politico had predicted that Chicago conmen do not change when they come to Washington, that ends-justifying-the-means radicals never become across-the-aisle moderates, surely we would have dubbed him unhinged, delusional, a racist, and a hater. Yet Obama’s own hubris accomplished all that and more — in a way that his most vehement critics could never have imagined." --Dr. Victor Davis Hanson (07/07/2013)

Orlando, FL

#940151 Jul 8, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Before you were in a condo and had the insulation of the units beside, above and below you. Now you don't.
The one-story condo had one other unit beside ours, a garage underneath and no one above.

Our townhome obviously has no one above or below but units on both sides which are very well-insulated.

The "no noise" factor is very important since hubby has to go to bed early and get up early. Very quiet here. So was our former condo.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#940152 Jul 8, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be the stupidest mofo on this threaad to not know how much milk prices have increased since Obama took office.
But, how about you post some actual numbers to back your bullshit up.
I'll help you with the sentence structure:
Milk in 2007 was $_.__ a gallon.
Milk in 2008 was $_.__ a gallon.
Milk in 2009 was $_.__ a gallon.
and milk today is $_.__ a gallon.
Or, pick any food item you desire. The more food items you pick, the more accurate your assessment of inflation will be. I just picked milk because everyone not getting food stamps feels the inflation.
GFY, my statement was accurate fkface, do your research and don't forget that you said, "consumer prices."
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#940153 Jul 8, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess Homer was paying $4.00 a gallon for milk in 2008 then. I was paying a little over $2.00 a gallon for the same brand. Today, it's over $4.00 a gallon.
But, I don't get food stamps, so I have to feel the inflation.
Homer probably gets food stamps and hasn't got a clue what the inflation really amounts to because, if the price of food goes up, he gets more food stamps.... like the current farm bill.
The price of milk is a poor indicator of inflation because of government price controls.

Orlando, FL

#940154 Jul 8, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>are you kidding? there was constant media criticism of Bush about the price of gas, until Obama took office. then they dropped the subject faster than Cindy Sheehan unshackled herself from the White House fence.
True...true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 39 min Anonymous91 54,522
Drop a letter lose 10 words ! 42 min Anonymous97 30
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Frank 179,420
Dr john 0782857120 abortion clinic in jane furs... 1 hr Dr john 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr KiMerde 50,640
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr TRD 68,665
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr grave digger 47,501
Abby 10-24 7 hr edogxxx 23
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]