Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
863,341 - 863,360 of 1,096,122 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
The defeat of Proposition 8 should alarm civil libertarians instead of causing them to celebrate.
Essentially the Court is saying that the executive branch of government can invalidate any law passed by the legislature simply by refusing to defend it.
The Court did nothing of the sort. The Governor of CA chose not to defend Prop 8, knowing it was clearly unConstitutional.

Prop 8 is clearly 'Tyranny of the Majority', and as such, clearly unConstitutional.

As usual, Nobraina can't see all sides of the issue, only uses his sick prejudices to defend his hatred for his fellow Citizens.

The Mormons had no standing to defend it, per the Courts. Without their money poured into CA, Prop 8 never would have passed.

Prop 8 is unConstitutional. Period.

The Court basically said that you cannot use majority rule to determine individual rights protected by the Constitution.

You don't get to vote on basic 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' issues.

Individual Rights are just that, not negotiable by the ballot.

If you did, women would never have gotten the right to vote, much less equality under the law.

Nor would negroes have the right to vote or Civil Rights.

You are clueless concerning the Constitution. Read up on the "Tyranny of the Majority" that our founders worried about so much.

Tyranny of the majority has been a concern in democracies since the time of Plato, you moran.

http://www.google.com/imgres...

----------

""A fear expressed variously by Plato, Aristotle, Madison, Tocqueville, and J. S. Mill. If the majority rules, what is to stop it from expropriating the minority, or from tyrannizing it in other ways by enforcing the majority's religion, language, or culture on the minority?"
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is a US law.
However, how do you reconcile an unpopular government who diddle away their time trying to create a theocracy rather than dealing with crushing issues important to the citizens such as jobs, foods and gas?
A government who refused to call for a new election despite public demands.
As you pointed out earlier, Hitler was elected to office to but the US participated in a military coup to remove him.
Sounds like the teaparty
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

BOSTON ó Teresa Heinz Kerry, the wife of U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, is in critical but stable condition in a hospital in Nantucket, Mass.

Heinz Kerry, 74, was admitted into the emergency room at Nantucket Cottage Hospital after 3:30 p.m. Sunday, hospital spokesman Noah Brown said

Heinz Kerry arrived at the facility in critical condition, and remained that way early Sunday evening, although doctors had stabilized her, Brown said.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like the teaparty
teaparty and RINO should be supported by the Democrats !

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither of your claims are supported by what the article states.
The law wants the hospital to board certify them.
You need to clarify what you think admitting standards are.
As most of the people offering these services also offer Ob/Gyn services that would on occasion use hospital services, I find this complaint lacking much merit.
So you are still objecting to abortion clinics having the same standards as other ambulatory facilities?
They do not have to move their facilities-as you are claiming- but meet the standards as other facilities offering out patient care. Why you think that an invasive procedure should require any less is not putting women's health first.
Oh my god woman! Did you suffer a head injury recently?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yes! Do the rightwingers think we should invade Egypt?
Hard to tell, if Obama doesn't want to invade Egypt then I'm sure a lot of 'em will be all for it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Whatever"
"dumos" is a liberaltarianloon. He is a firm believer all laws should be revoked when it comes to sex;
- Laws against incest
- Laws regarding adult sex with minors
- Laws regarding sex with animals
Actually "dumos" is just a loon. And a lair.
Peace
THAT was it, "LAIR". I knew one of Special Eed's flubs made it into the lexicon.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

The Affordable Care Act's implementation isn't in jeopardy despite President Barack Obama's administration delaying the employer mandate, Sen. Jack Reed said Sunday.

Last week, the Obama administration announced the employer mandate -- a key provision in Obamacare -- would be delayed until 2015, despite the overall law itself going into effect in October. Obamacare critics say this shows how flawed the controversial legislation is.

The Democratic senator from Rhode Island disagreed.

"This was a response to concerns -- principally among the business community -- that the information and the operational details would not be there. And as a result, I think the administration wisely decided to postpone for one year the mandate on employers," Reed said on "Fox News Sunday." "The exchanges go into effect in October. The coverage goes into effect. And, indeed, what they've done really affects a very small minority of businesses throughout the country."

"I think given the potential confusion, post-postponing it -- not eliminating it -- post-postponing it for a year makes sense," he said.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Why is that every time the topic of gay marriage arises; you change it to be sex with minors and animals or incest?
You rightwingers have such a distorted view of sex that it's incredible. Stay on topic or stfu you old fool.
"silly"
Calm down!!!! I was simply saying what "dumos" has been saying. He is a leftwingliberaltarianloon. I am surprized to hear you say that sex with animals, family members or children is a distorted view. I take it you are with "dumos" and that no laws should be passed the make such acts criminal?
"silly" if your thing is sex with one of your own gender fine, makes no difference to me.
Peace

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is a US law.
However, how do you reconcile an unpopular government who diddle away their time trying to create a theocracy rather than dealing with crushing issues important to the citizens such as jobs, foods and gas?
A government who refused to call for a new election despite public demands.
As you pointed out earlier, Hitler was elected to office to but the US participated in a military coup to remove him.
Since when does an elected President yield to mobs in the streets??

You really don't believe in nor understand Democracy, do you??

Do you really think that a leader should give up power due to protests by the opposition??

If so, you're an even bigger idiot than I thought.

You're still a hysterical woman who comes here with lame brained ideas, allowing others to make you look the fool on a constant basis.

You know nothing about what happened in Egypt under Morsi. More of your stupidity in action.

This was clearly a counter revolution by Mubarak supporters, helped by the Army.

Mubarek was brought down by the economy,stupid. Egypt's economy has been in shambles for decades.

A Democratically elected Government has been overthrown by a military coup.

Rick Perry called what happened in TX to stop the anti-abortion bill 'mob rule'.

If that was 'mob rule', what the hell happened in Egypt, you nitwit??

A freely elected President overthrown by mobs in the street with the help of the Army is certainly not democratic.

Bad as Morsi may have been, he was elected by a majority of Egyptians.

This was a military coup, McCain was right.

Things will get worse in Egypt, thanks to the Army, bought and paid for by the USA.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Republicans oppose Social Security and Medicare :-)

The official reason given by the Administration for delaying, by one year, the Affordable Care Actís mandate that employers with more than 50 full-time workers provide insurance coverage or face fines, is that employers need more time to implement it. The unofficial reason has more to do with the Republicansí incessant efforts to bulldoze the law.

Soon after the GOP lost its fight against Obamacare in Congress, it began warring against the new legislation in the courts, rounding up and backstopping litigants all the way up to the Supreme Court. Meanwhile, House Republicans have refused to appropriate enough funds to implement the Act, and have held a continuing series of votes to repeal it. Republican-led states have also done what they can to undermine Obamacare, refusing to set up their own health exchanges, and turning down federal money to expand Medicaid.

The GOPís gleeful reaction to the announced delay confirms Republicans will make repeal a campaign issue in the 2014 midterm elections, which probably contributed to the White House decision to postpone the employer mandate until after the midterms.ďThe fact remains that Obamacare needs to be repealed,Ē said Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell, on hearing news of the delay.

Technically, postponement wonít affect other major provisions of the law ó although it may be difficult to subsidize workers who donít get employer-based insurance if employers donít report on the coverage they provide. But itís a bad omen.

The longer the Affordable Care Act is delayed, the more time Republicans have to demonize it before average Americans receive its benefits and understand its importance. The GOP raged against Social Security in 1935 and made war on Medicare in 1965. But in each case Americans soon realized how critical they were to their economic security, and refused to listen.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
She makes Carol look sane by comparison. She's hysterical!!

She has no life, no family, no friends. Her life is on Topix.

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Why is that every time the topic of gay marriage arises; you change it to be sex with minors and animals or incest?
You rightwingers have such a distorted view of sex that it's incredible. Stay on topic or stfu you old fool.
"silly"
A couple of more things;
- I will not stfu
- I will post as I please
Peace
KMA
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Projecting again?
Your proof against what I stated was underwhelming.
LOL
Tell us about Hitlers election...
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Sounds like the teaparty
Moron, I am supporting Obama's position. You are so totally clueless.

Listen, maybe you should go play tea party with your cute little tea set and Southern Comfort. You aren't making much sense.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, probably not a good idea to promote Muslim Brotherhood or Ikhwan as being a part of the new government as Obama did.
"After a failed attempt to assassinate President Gamal Abdul Nasser in 1954, the Ikhwan were blamed, banned, and thousands of members imprisoned and tortured. The group continued, however, to grow underground.
This clash with the authorities prompted an important shift in the ideology of the Ikhwan, evident in the writing of one prominent member, Sayyid Qutb.
Qutb's work advocated the use of jihad (struggle) against jahili (ignorant) societies, both Western and so-called Islamic ones, which he argued were in need of radical transformation.
His writings - particularly the 1964 work Milestones - inspired the founders of many radical Islamist groups, including Islamic Jihad and al-Qaed"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-1...
The constitution in Egypt changes with each new admin. The Muslim Brotherhood quickly changed it into becoming a theocracy much like Iran. Why do you think the US should be in anyway obliged to another countries constitution?
What does "Ikwhan" have to do with anything?

Its their country, they elected a member of the Muslim Brotherhood, none of our business. Obama is acting in the capacity all presidents have since the Truman Doctrine, I don't agree with it but it is consistent.

As far as I know their Constitution guarantees freedom of religion, that's inconsistent with a theocracy.

I never said the US has anything at all to do with their constitution, I was defining a coup for you.

Don't feel bad, at least you have Special Eed in your corner.

This has however devolved into just trying to straighten you out and getting the words out of my mouth that you put there which is getting old fast.

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
The Court did nothing of the sort. The Governor of CA chose not to defend Prop 8, knowing it was clearly unConstitutional.
Prop 8 is clearly 'Tyranny of the Majority', and as such, clearly unConstitutional.
As usual, Nobraina can't see all sides of the issue, only uses his sick prejudices to defend his hatred for his fellow Citizens.
The Mormons had no standing to defend it, per the Courts. Without their money poured into CA, Prop 8 never would have passed.
Prop 8 is unConstitutional. Period.
The Court basically said that you cannot use majority rule to determine individual rights protected by the Constitution.
You don't get to vote on basic 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' issues.
Individual Rights are just that, not negotiable by the ballot.
If you did, women would never have gotten the right to vote, much less equality under the law.
Nor would negroes have the right to vote or Civil Rights.
You are clueless concerning the Constitution. Read up on the "Tyranny of the Majority" that our founders worried about so much.
Tyranny of the majority has been a concern in democracies since the time of Plato, you moran.
http://www.google.com/imgres...
----------
""A fear expressed variously by Plato, Aristotle, Madison, Tocqueville, and J. S. Mill. If the majority rules, what is to stop it from expropriating the minority, or from tyrannizing it in other ways by enforcing the majority's religion, language, or culture on the minority?"
"nutsucker in. "dumos" out?
Peace
KMA
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Hard to tell, if Obama doesn't want to invade Egypt then I'm sure a lot of 'em will be all for it.
McCain wants to arm the rebels in Syria, but wants to defund Egypt.
Next he will call for an invasion of Egypt.
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Trapped by your own words so you turn to lily's idiocy which we mock freely here.

Grab your bottle and post away.

She is so clueless and you just joined her.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't realize all this but did realize his point of law was lacking.
As a liberaltarianloon he lacks the less government concept.
You're buying Special Eed's claim that I oppose laws banning sex with animals and minors?

Look, Eed's always wrong, that's a given.

Informed Consent is a cornerstone of Common Law, neither an animal nor a minor can give informed consent.

Maybe you should go play with Eed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Father Of Hans Peterson Speaks Out (Oct '07) 13 min CDC 42
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Mississippi Man 49,266
Ferguson police shoot another black unarmed man! 2 hr joey 25
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr Whiny1 4,640
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr LRS 176,797
Word (Dec '08) 4 hr andet1987 4,633
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 4 hr andet1987 557
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr Toj 97,823

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••

Flash Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 2:56AM CDT

•••
•••
•••