Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
863,241 - 863,260 of 1,098,710 Comments Last updated 17 min ago

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a claim yet to be acknowledged by courts.
Wow, its almost inspirational the level of respect you have for the infallibility of the government.

The government has engaged in MANY practices that were subsequently ruled illegal or illegitimate, it just hasn't happened in this case yet.

You don't see how they're violating their own law by discriminating on the basis of gender?
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides, who are we fooling?
You know as well as I do this subterfuge serves only to advance the christian right's opposition to abortion. Not even worth arguing over.
You're insisting it is wrong to apply the same standards to an abortion clinic as that of one doing an endoscopy based on your paranoia that the right wants this so it must be wrong leaves a huge gap in both your ethics and logic.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want the government to arbitrate the dissolution of a marriage contract I can live with that. I personally think private arbitration is better but I tend to think most things are better performed by the private sector.
Why should government give Social Security benefits to someone who has never worked or contributed to the system just by virtue of "marriage"?
gildoganw

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

I am the General Audit Manager, Accounts Department in our bank. I have the opportunity of transferring the sum of(22.850.000.00 twenty two million eight hundred and fifty thousand united states dollars only).
This fund originally belonged to one of our bank Customer who died in the year 2009.

My request for foreigner to stand as next of kin in this business is because the fact that the customer is a foreigner.
Based on the fact that this is a deal, I propose that 50% of this fund for you and 50% for me.
I will give more detail of the transfer process as soon as you show your interest in this transaction.

If anyone is interested please write me e-mail on slarinew@yahoo.com

Thanks byee
The Elephant in the Room

Waynesboro, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Muslim Brotherhood or Communist Zion, Who's the Bigger Threat? Pt 1of2 (VERY IMPORTANT!)
Watch:
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how you got so confused, maybe you should've just stayed out of the discussion.
Nobama's not having any trouble keeping up.
Says the person who claimed the law was forcing the clinics into hospitals which was a total misstatement.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want the government to arbitrate the dissolution of a marriage contract I can live with that. I personally think private arbitration is better but I tend to think most things are better performed by the private sector.
The contract terms of a "marriage" should be spelled out in writing in advance and should not require any arbitration.
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, its almost inspirational the level of respect you have for the infallibility of the government.
The government has engaged in MANY practices that were subsequently ruled illegal or illegitimate, it just hasn't happened in this case yet.
You don't see how they're violating their own law by discriminating on the basis of gender?
Until then it remains as the law. Isn't that your claim when the right objects to a ruling. Double standards again?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You're insisting it is wrong to apply the same standards to an abortion clinic as that of one doing an endoscopy based on your paranoia that the right wants this so it must be wrong leaves a huge gap in both your ethics and logic.
You can pretend to be fooled all you want. You won't fool anybody that doesn't also already want to be fooled.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
by the birther rules of guilt by association.....it was a Bush plan from the beginning.
No point trying for a serious discussion with the likes of you.
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
This in no way proves he and McCain are supporting the associates of the democratically elected President of Egypt.
See post above by another poster

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should government give Social Security benefits to someone who has never worked or contributed to the system just by virtue of "marriage"?
You're asking the wrong person; they shouldn't.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
it was and they were. from 2001 to 2009.
Total BS.

There are a relatively small number of federal government jobs that are political appointments.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

gildoganw wrote:
I am the General Audit Manager, Accounts Department in our bank. I have the opportunity of transferring the sum of(22.850.000.00 twenty two million eight hundred and fifty thousand united states dollars only).
This fund originally belonged to one of our bank Customer who died in the year 2009.
My request for foreigner to stand as next of kin in this business is because the fact that the customer is a foreigner.
Based on the fact that this is a deal, I propose that 50% of this fund for you and 50% for me.
I will give more detail of the transfer process as soon as you show your interest in this transaction.
If anyone is interested please write me e-mail on slarinew@yahoo.com
Thanks byee
This post is for you Whatever, don't miss your big chance!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the person who claimed the law was forcing the clinics into hospitals which was a total misstatement.
Forcing abortions out of clinics and into hospitals and surgical clinics.

Sheesh!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides, who are we fooling?
You know as well as I do this subterfuge serves only to advance the christian right's opposition to abortion. Not even worth arguing over.
Placing reasonable limits on the length of the pregnancy at the time of abortion extends beyond the Christian right and includes many people who are pro-choice.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Aunt Patty? And many checked into the Catholic Services homes such as the Florence Crittenden Homes where they'd give birth to babies already promised to good Catholic families.
The key was privacy-secrecy, the parents would not be shamed and the young lady could marry and "live happily ever after" with some toad that believed that he picked a cherry.
Girls off to college or those who moved to larger cities for better work were seeking abortions and many were paying for that mistake with their lives___the statistics of that era cannot be ignored, women were being butchered and/or suffering horrible after effects from chemical cocktails.
It astounds me that the subject remains such a hot topic after all these years.
It appears that the rightwing wishes to return to those days; the girls who could afford it and had family connections were admitted to hospitals for "d & c's" and everyone kept quiet about it. The poor ones bled to death. Now they want to criminalize everything; if a woman self induces her abortion, they'll charge her with murder. With the personhood bill, the egg has more rights than the host. These people are sick in the head.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go, another racist f*ck who thinks the only way a black man gets into Columbia & Harvard is through alternative action.
Dumbass Dave, the creepy-ass cracker, strikes again with "alternative action."
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
This post is for you Whatever, don't miss your big chance!
You're a malleable tool Detzing...

It's the culture

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The contract terms of a "marriage" should be spelled out in writing in advance and should not require any arbitration.
I agree and should be treated as any other contract the participants of which bound only by the ability to enter into a contract with informed consent.

If you want to get married, go to a church.

If you want to restrict marriage to one man and one woman that should be within the laws of that church.

Its simple, see no reason at all to involve the government in the cultural/religious nature of marriage.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 min TRD 68,323
Amy 8-27 7 min Community Disorga... 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min loose cannon 177,226
Abby 8-27 14 min Community Disorga... 3
Blood on All Our Hands 45 min Truth be told 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 54 min Patriot AKA Bozo 46,242
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 97,876
Amy 8-26 15 hr j_m_w 21

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE