Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
863,161 - 863,180 of 1,099,426 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#939402
Jul 7, 2013
 
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Lois Lerner is deeply embedded with the democratic voting machine, and a starlette not only for the liberal left in recent strategies, but since the days of the Clinton/Gore regime. Ms. Lerner joined the Federal Election Commissionís General Counselís Office in 1981, served as an Assistant General Counsel, and was appointed in 1986 to head the Enforcement Division. On December 1, 2000, after the defeat of Vice President Gore in his bid for president, outgoing and under articles of impeachment President Bill Clinton appointed Ms. Lerner to head up the entire commission in the position of Acting General Counsel for the FEC, replacing Lawrence M. Noble who left to become the Executive Director and General Counsel of the Center for Responsive Politics, a left leaning non-profit organization who operates opensecrets.org , targeting campaign donors. Prior to joining the FEC, she was a staff attorney in the Criminal Division of the Department of Justice (DOJ).
During Lernerís appointment at the Federal Campaign Commission in 1998, a case came under investigation by the House Committee Government Reform and Oversight. Committee members heard testimony concerning Federal Election Commission investigation and prosecution practices.&#8194;The particular incident in question was the FEC refusal to pursue Howard Glicken for soliciting and funneling contributions from Thomas Kramer, a German citizen, to the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee in 1993. Ms. Lerner defended her dropping the case because the FEC would not have had enough time to pursue Glicken in a lengthy litigation before the statute of limitations expired.&#8194;Burton and others wondered whether they had dropped their investigation because as stated by Lerner, Glicken was a close friend of Vice President Gore, and it would be unwise to investigate.
Frankly sonic-I don't care where this bitch came from-she needs to be arrested and sentenced to rot in a jail for the rest of her miserable commie life.
quite the history she has.

so why did Bush like her?
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#939403
Jul 7, 2013
 
Death of Tenzing wrote:
Texas Hospital Associationís
Statement of Opposition to Section 2 of the Committee Substitute for Senate Bill 5 by Glenn Hegar
Relating to the regulation of abortion procedures, providers, and facilities; providing penalties
The Texas Hospital Association, on behalf of its 450 member hospitals, offers the following statement in opposition to Section 2 of the Committee Substitute for Senate Bill 5.
Hospitals Should Not Be Required to Grant Privileges to Physicians Who Do Not Practice in the Hospital.
THA agrees that women should receive high-quality care and that physicians should be held accountable for acts that violate their license. However, a requirement that physicians who perform one particular outpatient procedure, abortion, be privileged at a hospital is not the appropriate way to accomplish these goals. A hospitalís granting privileges to a physician serves to assure the hospital that the physician has the appropriate qualifications to provide services to patients in the hospital. Thousands of physicians operate clinics and provide services in those clinics but do not have hospital admitting privileges. Requiring a hospital to grant admitting privileges to physicians who do not provide services inside the hospital is time-consuming and expensive for the hospital and does not serve the purpose for which privileges were intended; rather, the Texas Medical Board is the appropriate agency to address whether physicians are delivering appropriate care to patients, as the TMB regulates all physicians. Hospitals should not be required to assume responsibility for the qualifications of physicians who do not practice in the hospital.
http://www.tha.org/HealthCareProviders/Advoca... (special%20session).pdf
Please note that they are NOT stating the abortion clinics should not operate at the same standard of care as other facilities.

Their objection is to having board certify participating physicians as many of these same physicans that offer abortion also offer other OB/Gyn care which may include the use of a hospital this complaint seems to lack legitimacy.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#939404
Jul 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you being schizo-your term for being illogical-here?
Tell me how you think OBama and McCain have shown no support for the Muslim Brotherhood. You know you cannot support this claim.
The illogical leap you make is their opposition to a military coup of a democratically elected President and suspending support to that military in accordance with existing law somehow translates to support of that President's party.

Are you really that dumb?
The Elephant in the Room

Waynesboro, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#939405
Jul 7, 2013
 
Frank Church Open Senate Hearings on CIA
Watch:


Operation Mockingbird - CIA Media Control Program
Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#939406
Jul 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Better for you to tell me what legitimate interest government has in marriage beyond its contractual nature that is consistent with the right's "professed" desire for less government.
Less government doesn't mean no government-how do you keep confusing this.

Every government in the world has marriage laws. The onus is on you to explain why they should be abandoned. Why it isn't a function of government.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#939407
Jul 7, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>she was never appointed by Bush BTW--she was hired by Miller.
Miller has served most of his 25 years at the IRS, an agency in the Treasury Department, in its Tax Exempt and Government Entities Division (TE/GE). Starting as special assistant to the assistant commissioner for Employee Plans and Exempt Organizations, Miller rose to acting assistant commissioner, then director of Exempt Organizations from 1999 to 2004, in which he hired Lois Lerner as his assistant, his final position in the Tax Exempt and Government Entities Division was as the commissioner of the department from 2004 to April 2009.
In April to September 2009, Miller was moved to serve as commissioner of the Large Business and Mid-Size Business Division, leaving that post when he was named deputy commissioner for Services and Enforcement. Steven T. Miller was appointed by President Obama immediately after the 2012 Presidential election as acting commissioner of the IRS on November 9, succeeding Doug Shulman.
From the DOJ, to the FEC, to the IRS the political maneuvering of these two people have been strategically placed from the administrations of Clinton/Gore and then Obama/Biden, it is only a question as to how many more are undermining the election processes, and facilitating their strong arm tactics to enforce the progressive agenda?
huh?

Does Bush Appointee Lois Lerner Have A Political Agenda?

But if she has any political persuasion, it would seem to be Republican, based on her appointment by the Bush administration (infamous for politicizing government)Ö

http://radio.foxnews.com/2013/05/22/does-bush...
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#939408
Jul 7, 2013
 
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not what they "profess", for the most part I'm in complete agreement. Its the actions that reveal the hypocrisy that gets my goat.
They're liars just like the rest of the right, "advocates" of less government who instead grow government at every turn.
I've been posting examples of their big government proclivities for a couple of days now.
So the right dug in on the Senate immigration bill, they dug in to the tune of an additional $30 billion for border security.
That's NOT less government.
There is plenty of hypocrisy coming from the other side which you appear not to notice.

You also keep confusing reducing the cost of government with NO government which is a stance NO one is taking.

You keep making straw men which makes you the dishonest person here.
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#939409
Jul 7, 2013
 
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
The illogical leap you make is their opposition to a military coup of a democratically elected President and suspending support to that military in accordance with existing law somehow translates to support of that President's party.
Are you really that dumb?
There you go off with another straw man.

I stated
"Tell me how you think OBama and McCain have shown no support for the Muslim Brotherhood. You know you cannot support this claim."

This does not disprove what I stated.
Another WTF Moment

Waynesboro, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#939410
Jul 7, 2013
 
Obama:'The Planet Will Boil Over' If Africans Are Allowed Cars and Air Conditioning
Watch:

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#939411
Jul 7, 2013
 
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Please note that they are NOT stating the abortion clinics should not operate at the same standard of care as other facilities.
Their objection is to having board certify participating physicians as many of these same physicans that offer abortion also offer other OB/Gyn care which may include the use of a hospital this complaint seems to lack legitimacy.
That post wasn't about "standards of care", it was about admitting privileges.

They're not trying to apply standards evenly in TX, they're trying to force abortions into surgical centers while not requiring the same for other surgical procedures routinely performed in clinics. I asked Nobama about this several pages ago, he never answered.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#939412
Jul 7, 2013
 
Emoron wrote:
<quoted text>
34,000 whines, think about what a loser that makes you. It's one whine after another.
Stop talking about the color of my shoelaces and address the Magic Negro's growing ineptness. Affirmative Action would be a great point to start at.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#939414
Jul 7, 2013
 
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Carol, but your never ending attempt at trying to show an open mind is failing miserable. Now explain to us all again how a young man was walking along minding his own business eating a bag of skittles and was pursued against orders from the police to not do that became a victim of a vigilante wanna be cop? Please spare us the young mans history before that as it has absolutely nothing to do with that event. By the way would you consider a young boy walking down the street eating a candy bar drinking a soda suspicious. Those words were obviously a reason to show Zimmerman's racism and justify his aggression. The man is guilty as hell.
Sorry Casper, but your never ending attempt at trying to show an open mind is failing miserable when you make up stories about the supposed events that night.

He was eating a bag of Skittles and drinking a Soda? Were you there to observe this?

It was Arizona Iced Tea, azzhole. Not Soda. Later in your post, you call it a 'candy bar'.

He did not disobey orders from the cops. Read much?

He wasn't a young boy, either. You're Media-Gullible.

No racism was expressed by Zimmerman that night but only by the boy complaining about a creepy-ass cracka.

If I found you leading the lynch mob with the rope in your hand, I'd stamp my feet and scare you away, boy.

Even a lawyer from Mayberry RFD would have a lot of fun with a jerk like you on the witness stand:]
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#939415
Jul 7, 2013
 
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
That post wasn't about "standards of care", it was about admitting privileges.
They're not trying to apply standards evenly in TX, they're trying to force abortions into surgical centers while not requiring the same for other surgical procedures routinely performed in clinics. I asked Nobama about this several pages ago, he never answered.
That isn't what your quote states

"THA agrees that women should receive high-quality care and that physicians should be held accountable for acts that violate their license. However, a requirement that physicians who perform one particular outpatient procedure, abortion, be privileged at a hospital is not the appropriate way to accomplish these goals. A hospitalís granting privileges to a physician serves to assure the hospital that the physician has the appropriate qualifications to provide services to patients in the hospital. Thousands of physicians operate clinics and provide services in those clinics but do not have hospital admitting privileges. Requiring a hospital to grant admitting privileges to physicians who do not provide services inside the hospital is time-consuming and expensive for the hospital and does not serve the purpose for which privileges were intended; rather, the Texas Medical Board is the appropriate agency to address whether physicians are delivering appropriate care to patients, as the TMB regulates all physicians. Hospitals should not be required to assume responsibility for the qualifications of physicians who do not practice in the hospital."
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#939416
Jul 7, 2013
 
Death of Tenzing wrote:
Texas Hospital Associationís
Statement of Opposition to Section 2 of the Committee Substitute for Senate Bill 5 by Glenn Hegar
Relating to the regulation of abortion procedures, providers, and facilities; providing penalties
The Texas Hospital Association, on behalf of its 450 member hospitals, offers the following statement in opposition to Section 2 of the Committee Substitute for Senate Bill 5.
Hospitals Should Not Be Required to Grant Privileges to Physicians Who Do Not Practice in the Hospital.
THA agrees that women should receive high-quality care and that physicians should be held accountable for acts that violate their license. However, a requirement that physicians who perform one particular outpatient procedure, abortion, be privileged at a hospital is not the appropriate way to accomplish these goals. A hospitalís granting privileges to a physician serves to assure the hospital that the physician has the appropriate qualifications to provide services to patients in the hospital. Thousands of physicians operate clinics and provide services in those clinics but do not have hospital admitting privileges. Requiring a hospital to grant admitting privileges to physicians who do not provide services inside the hospital is time-consuming and expensive for the hospital and does not serve the purpose for which privileges were intended; rather, the Texas Medical Board is the appropriate agency to address whether physicians are delivering appropriate care to patients, as the TMB regulates all physicians. Hospitals should not be required to assume responsibility for the qualifications of physicians who do not practice in the hospital.
http://www.tha.org/HealthCareProviders/Advoca... (special%20session).pdf
The implication is that hospitals want nothing to do with abortion clinics and consider many of their physicians to be less than qualified.

So, how do these hospitals feel about botched abortions being dumped on their emergency rooms because the abortion clinics lack proper personnel, facilities, and equipment?

Why not perform abortions in hospital outpatients clinics, where all the physicians already have admitting privileges?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#939417
Jul 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Less government doesn't mean no government-how do you keep confusing this.
Every government in the world has marriage laws. The onus is on you to explain why they should be abandoned. Why it isn't a function of government.
Because I obviously disagree with what you consider the legitimate function of government. The social compact empowers the government with the authority to defend life, liberty, and property. If you can't frame a government action within that context I disagree with it. It applies differently from the Federal level down to the local. If your community wants the government to sanction marriage that's fine with me provided its within the equal protection clause; I don't have to be a member of that community. However, the further you get from the community level the more restricted the government must be otherwise you end up with a federal government like the one you constantly bitch about on here.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#939418
Jul 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Better for you to tell me what legitimate interest government has in marriage beyond its contractual nature that is consistent with the right's "professed" desire for less government.
So are you in favor of government granting contractual rights in marriage, or not?

Galt is not clear on your position.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#939419
Jul 7, 2013
 
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You gotta love their misery and daily whine then throw in their racism, bigotry, anger,cluelessness and you have the makings of most of the righties on here...They need their own wailing wall...I know how about giving them Texas? No one would miss that decrepit wasteland.
Racism and bitter hatred ooze from your pores.

Wherever you stand on a lawn, a dog burn appears.

When you pass a graveyard, the entire population rolls over.

Do the world a favor and go use your own hangman's rope.

Feeding the vultures is more your speed, Dood.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#939420
Jul 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
quite the history she has.
so why did Bush like her?
Who said Bush liked Lois Lerner, or even knew who she was?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#939421
Jul 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
The illogical leap you make is their opposition to a military coup of a democratically elected President and suspending support to that military in accordance with existing law somehow translates to support of that President's party.
Are you really that dumb?
Hitler was democratically elected.

That does not grant a license for genocide.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#939422
Jul 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
There is plenty of hypocrisy coming from the other side which you appear not to notice.
You also keep confusing reducing the cost of government with NO government which is a stance NO one is taking.
You keep making straw men which makes you the dishonest person here.
Ahh, you goobers with your hypocritical "less government" keep me plenty busy. Some particular outrages by the left get me to post about them here but the left hasn't been the side touting "less government" when they increase it.

I would prefer a mostly NO government but understand that most people aren't like me and are dependent on some measure of government. All I would ask would be that the government act within the confines of the Constitution, it IS the law and adherence to it is the government's foundation for legitimacy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,280
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 14 min JOEL 68,932
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 20 min Uzi 68,342
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 26 min SpaceBlues 46,283
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 26 min pellen 97,901
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 43 min newpoly 49,427
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 1 hr TW_sugar_daddio 31
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••