Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 43,153)

Showing posts 863,041 - 863,060 of1,034,859
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

On the Crisis in Egypt Liberals/Democrats are suggesting that Obama to stay in the background, can anyone tell me when he’s been in Front of a Crisis?
JimmyOlson13

Scranton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's like Bernie Goldberg said...the racial issue is a wound that won't close because people like Al Sharpton keep poking it.
Most Americans have long since moved on and left the past in the past where it belongs. Blacks have taken their rightful place in society in the professional and political arenas for decades. Race is kept alive for political gain by those who have the most to gain by keeping it alive.
It's starting to get old. Like Al Sharpton.

And you. Blah, blah, blah. And your comments. Stuff it Lois. Someone just stole a candy bar. Go investigate.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You are obviously not a linguist. I still cannot figure out why you think future conditional-something you should have learned in Junior High-is such a mysterious thing to you.
So you still don't know what Lodia, Hoodia is-LOL
"So you still don't know what Lodia, Hoodia is"

At least I know how to spell the words. What in hell is a 'Lodia', nitwit??

Other than one of the drugs you're taking, that is.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

GOPIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, his roommate ot Columbia has fond memories of thier time there.
http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/01/20/...
i can't bring myself to open the link about "the fond memories". it is disgraceful when all those rumors surface about Obammy being a closet homosexual. gay men NEVER wear Mom jeans.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
When blacks say it to each other, it is not derogatory. Not all black people use this term, you cannot judge all blacks by lyrics in rap music.
I don't know the details about Paula Deen but I do not think she is a racist. I could be wrong
"silly"
So you are saying it is alright for one black to call another black a n----r, but not okay for a white to call a black a n----r? Bit of a double standard?
Peace
KMA
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove anything I said was wrong.
1) Rand Paul advertised as being Board certified even though at the time he was not certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology
2) Rand Paul started his own Board making him the President, his wife the VP, his father-in-law sec/treas.
3) So Rand Paul is not certified by the recognized Board but instead started his own board & certified himself.
Why can't you right whiners accept these facts? Your hero Rad Paul, other than being uninformed, is a fraud.
Dumbass Dave proves once again that he is a creepy-ass cracker.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it. Galt, being the racist f*ck he is, claims the only way a black person can get into law school is through Affirmative Action.
Not the only way, but true in most cases, particularly those with unimpressive academic records like Obama.

Obama was certainly admitted to Harvard in preference to more qualified white students.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm proud for what we were and hopeful for what we may become but I am presently ashamed of what the Magic Negro has made us.
What struck me the most in the video was the stark contrast in each president's voice from FDR to GWB and their convictions about this country - who we are and what we stand for - compared to the present day president.

FDR could have speaking to America today in his First Inaugural Address:

"This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself — nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance."

In our times, it means we cannot shrink in the face of despotism by those who now hold the power over us and we cannot surrender our freedoms into the hands of the few.

May sound a bit overdramatic but we're living in pretty overdramatic times.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the definition of future conditional as you still seem confused by what it is and how it is used.
e future conditional describes something that might happen in the future with a condition. It often uses "if."
Examples:
If I go to the park tomorrow, I will bring my dog.
"If I go to the park tomorrow" is in the present tense.
"I will bring my dog" is in the future tense and uses a modal verb, will. You can use other modal verbs: can, might, should, must, etc.
Notice the use of a comma (,) at the end of the first clause. The use of "if" creates a dependent clause. The order of the sentence may also be reversed:
I will bring my dog if I go to the park tomorrow.
http://www.learnamericanenglishonline.com/Ora...
'If' Rmoney had been elected, you nitwits would be jumping for joy.

But it didn't happen. He and the racists who supported him lost.

'If' most of your fellow citizens hadn't voted for Obama, Rmoney would have won.

Another stupid piece of projection for you racists.

A future conditional was a stupid way to comment on Novbraina's dumb opinion "If people stop going to movie theaters, Hollywood would go bust".

A stupid statement on it's face, yet you attempt to give it credibility with your airhead reasoning.

So why does an old broad like you suck up to the racist haters on this thread??

Likely because you don't have a life of your own. You're on this thread constantly, posting your mindless stupidity.

Even the tragedy in your family only kept you away for a few hours.

Too bad about the goldfish. HAHAHAHAA

What's a 'Lodia', moron??
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

This is an Oldie for Goodie, when John Conyers was asked about Obamacare did you and your Colleagues read this CRAP.“What good is reading the bill if it’s a thousand pages and you don’t have two days and two lawyers to find out what it means after you read the bill?” Today without hesitation/doubt Obamacare is a Total Disaster!!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Still trying to pedal those spammed e-mail lies.
Dumbwaiter thinks Columbia is a fricken stupid as where he got his pretend engineering degree and passes out diplomas to any dumbass that pays to go there.
I have news, Columbia s a top notch school, not Podunk where they handed you an pretend engineering degree.
http://www.factcheck.org/2010/02/obama-at-col...
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/columbia...
What do these sites have in common?
They are calling you such a dumbasss that you believed those e-mls.
Snopes and Factcheck?
Oh, please. Those sites have been busted so many times for using sources like "senior advisor" and "inside source" without any names that may or may not exist to "prove" their case, nobody even uses those sources any more. These sites belong to George Soros.

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I know it's a derogatory word. Just wonder why blacks don't.
Paula Deen claims she used that word 30 years ago and only one time after being robbed at gunpoint by an employee.
So she should lose everything?
Have Americans become so thin-skinned and overly sensitive?

IMO, Paula Deen is a liar. All one has to do is read the actual court case to come to that conclusion. It really isn't about her use of the N-word. It is so much more. The fact that she condoned the disgusting behavior of her brother and dismisses it because he is "a good man", makes her "enterprise" guilty. The laws are very clear. Allegedly, her "enterprise" violated the law. If her "enterprise" is found guilty, it doesn't mean she will lose everything. She, her brother and her sons will just have to do with less until things calm down...and they will.

From her deposition:

"My brother and I have had conversations. My brother is not a bad person. Do humans behave inappropriately? At times, yes. I don't know one person that has not. My brother is a good man. Have we told jokes? Have we said things that we should not have said, that -- yes, we all have. We all have done that, every one of us.
.....I can't, myself, determine what offends another person."

Paula Deen is only crying crocodile tears because she sees her empire crumbling and she is terribly embarrassed by her behavior. Guess she should have thought of that before denying black workers the right to use customer bathrooms while not setting down the same rule for white workers.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"silly"
So you are saying it is alright for one black to call another black a n----r, but not okay for a white to call a black a n----r? Bit of a double standard?
Peace
KMA
You're an idiot, Ed.

I live in an Italian neighborhood. The Italians poke fun at each other and call each other 'dumb dagos'. If a non Italian says it, it's fighting words.

And you're too stupid to see that all ethnic groups do the same.

I see Frenchmen call each other 'frogs'. It's an inside joke, but from the outside, it's an insult. Same with Portugese, Polish, etc.

Figures you'd be too stupid to pick up on such social banter.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
Want a search engine that does not track your searches.
There is a new one out
https://duckduckgo.com/
This from the nitwit who had to ask how to attach a link to her post.

Stupid is as Whatever does!!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Still trying to pedal those spammed e-mail lies.
Dumbwaiter thinks Columbia is a fricken stupid as where he got his pretend engineering degree and passes out diplomas to any dumbass that pays to go there.
I have news, Columbia s a top notch school, not Podunk where they handed you an pretend engineering degree.
http://www.factcheck.org/2010/02/obama-at-col...
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/columbia...
What do these sites have in common?
They are calling you such a dumbasss that you believed those e-mls.
But, just to make it clear you're fullofshit, as well as your refernces, let's take a look at your "proof" from Factcheck:

"I remember often eating breakfast with Barack at Tom’s Restaurant on Broadway. Occasionally we went to The West End for beers. We enjoyed exploring museums such as the Guggenheim, the Met and the American Museum of Natural History, and browsing in bookstores such as the Strand and the Barnes & Noble opposite Columbia. We both liked taking long walks down Broadway on a Sunday afternoon, and listening to the silence of Central Park after a big snow. I also remember jogging the loop around Central Park with Barack."

Phil Boerner was never in any class with Obama.
Phil Boerner never saw Obama on the campus of Columbia.

What you referenced has no reference whatsoever to Obama ever even being on the campus at Columbia, let alone attending classes there.

Let's go over this again:

NOBODY IN OBAMA'S CLASS AT COLUMBIA EVER MET HIM.

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Hyde Park on Hudson was a good film?
Yes, it was. But I couldn't help coming away from the movie without asking myself: Why is that Democratic presidents can't seem to keep their pants zipped and Republican presidents can?

Not only did FDR have one mistress but three.

FDR, JFK and Clinton just couldn't seem to be faithful to their wives. Reagan, G.H.W. Bush and GWB all could.

What's up with that? Some people would say "if unfaithful in small things, then unfaithful in big things". What say you?

Obama at least broke the cycle of democrats and womanizing. As far as we know. He's just unfaithful to the country.

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever read any of his biographical type books?
"Relative" places to avoid, if you're an America POTUS on the wealthier side. Lots of panhandling going on there, he sayz so himself.
It IS the culture.
I do know in his first attempt at publishing Journeys in Black and White which was ultimately shelved in place of Dreams of My Father, his biographical information stated he was born in Kenya.

Posted it the other day. Apparently, even if the publisher writes the biographies, it's usually approved by the author.

Why would even a publisher print an author's birthplace so erroneously?
Nostrilis H Waxman

Secaucus, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
What struck me the most in the video was the stark contrast in each president's voice from FDR to GWB and their convictions about this country - who we are and what we stand for - compared to the present day president.
FDR could have speaking to America today in his First Inaugural Address:
"This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself — nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance."
In our times, it means we cannot shrink in the face of despotism by those who now hold the power over us and we cannot surrender our freedoms into the hands of the few.
May sound a bit overdramatic but we're living in pretty overdramatic times.
Thanks for not treating me like a troll. I want to admit to you that I have been posting as many others here and you always go along with it. My gratitude to you Carol for looking the other way.
NJ raider 1

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I was born in north Baton Rouge, you fucking moron. If you want to know what's that was like, just ask Snoop Dog. He's from a part of Baton Rouge just a few miles away where they kill fewer people, closer to LSU campus. Or, ask Master P, although he grew up in New Orleans but was a frequent visitor to where I was born.
I'm sure you know who these references are.
Like you can even come close to what I know about urban violence and how to get around in a place where the bullet-riddled corpses are stacked to the rafters every weekend.
You're an idiot... and a liar.
This is completely stupid. Your comparing your street life to mines when you have none. Fuck Snoop Dogg and Master P. They're rappers! Plenty of people grow up in harsh conditions but never play a part in it. I'm talking bout people that were in the streets since Snoop Dogg came out in 1990 or whatever. When I say in the streets, I don't mean homeless! You think cuz you lived near a violent place, that makes you an expert. I grew up in the projects. My little bro just came home yesterday, & my older Bro just got sentenced to a 10 with a 3 for 2 gun charges from 2 separate raids. What are you talking about Snoop Dogg & Master P? Your talking bout somebody else life, I live this.You never shot a gun at anything but a non human target. Like said, thus is completely stupid! You couldn't tell me the price of a brick of coc is right now or wouldn't even know who to get it from. Your privileged, be thankful idiot!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem for this president is credibility.
It's impossible to get back the people's trust once it's been violated.
He lied to us and marginalized his political enemies too many times.
Why should anyone with an "R" by their name trust this president or his Attorney General when even some with a "D" by their name have questioned their motives?
That would work if your Paula Deen racism hadn't begun in Jan. 2009.

You're the one with no credibillity.

You predicted Obamacare would never pass.

You predicted the Supreme Court would strike down Obamacare.

You predicted Obama would not be re-elected.

You've been hating the black man since he was elected, beating the slut Palin into the ground.

Here is proof;

carol
Melbourne, FL
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#8918Jun 23, 2009

Another 17 months before the next election...

With the already "changes we can believe in" transpiring within the past six months, what else can we look forward to over the next year and a half?

Considering the mind boggling corruption that is going on under all of our noses but just under the surface, I'm beginning to believe it may be all over but the cryin'.

When is Obama going to start creating those promised jobs? Or is part of the plan to keep us dependent on the government? Distributing the wealth sounds much more appealing when enough people are unemployed. Someone please tell me where I'm wrong.

----------

You were wrong in 2009, and you've doubled down on your racist hatred ever since, Paula.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 863,041 - 863,060 of1,034,859
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

91 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 9 min JOEL COOL DUDE 65,280
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 min Sublime1 96,167
Abby 4-21 14 min ScarletandOlive 10
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 16 min Religionthebiglie 47,098
Cook County issues 1,000th gay marriage license 19 min BackTrack 9
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 28 min Mothra 43,054
Amy 4-21 39 min Pippa 5
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance