Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
863,041 - 863,060 of 1,100,538 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
Whatever

Gering, NE

#939278 Jul 7, 2013
In more than a dozen classified rulings, the nation’s surveillance court has created a secret body of law giving the National Security Agency the power to amass vast collections of data on Americans while pursuing not only terrorism suspects, but also people possibly involved in nuclear proliferation, espionage and cyberattacks, officials say.

The rulings, some nearly 100 pages long, reveal that the court has taken on a much more expansive role by regularly assessing broad constitutional questions and establishing important judicial precedents, with almost no public scrutiny, according to current and former officials familiar with the court’s classified decisions.

The 11-member Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, known as the FISA court, was once mostly focused on approving case-by-case wiretapping orders. But since major changes in legislation and greater judicial oversight of intelligence operations were instituted six years ago, it has quietly become almost a parallel Supreme Court, serving as the ultimate arbiter on surveillance issues and delivering opinions that will most likely shape intelligence practices for years to come, the officials said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/07/us/in-secre... ;

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#939279 Jul 7, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read the platform of the Gem State Tea Party its some pretty good stuff:
http://gstp.org/gstp_principles.html
However, the reality is the teabagger Idaho Legislature isn't really concerned with liberty and obviously haven't been Taxed Enough Already:
BOISE, Idaho – A federal judge has struck down Idaho's law banning abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy based on beliefs held by physicians and others that the fetus is able to feel pain at that point.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/06/fe...
Roe v. Wade did not grant an unlimited right to abortion.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#939280 Jul 7, 2013
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Just my usual Gladys!! Pass the krispy kremes you hog!
Bwaaaaaahaaaaaaaaa!!!
You aren't very bright

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#939281 Jul 7, 2013
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
I picture you as the female version to my male version of Jabba the Hut sitting behind your computer screen consuming mass quantities of grape soda and pork rinds just like me!! We fat slobs have to stick together dontchaknow!!!!!!! Love you to bits Ca Ca!!
You are a nut case-who cares about your delusions.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#939282 Jul 7, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Liar.
It's the culture...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#939283 Jul 7, 2013
Red State Sucker wrote:
<quoted text>
You right wing morons don't want to talk about anything but Benghazi or some other phony made up conspirisy.
Things in the news?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#939284 Jul 7, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
More whimsey from the NC teabaggers who couldn't care less about liberty and obviously haven't been Taxed Enough Already:
5 Worst Ideas From North Carolina’s Tea Party Legislature
Accidentally Banning Domestic Partnerships Between Heterosexual Couples
North Carolina voters took to the polls last year and voted overwhelmingly in favor of a Constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage. What voters didn’t realize was that defining the only legal partnership as marriage between one man and one woman could in turn nullify domestic partnerships between heterosexual couples. Which is exactly what happened.
The text of Amendment One reads that “marriage between one man and one woman is the only domestic legal union that shall be valid or recognized in this state.” Prior to this vote, same-sex marriage was already illegal in the state. The amendment just added an extra layer, making civil unions and domestic partnerships illegal as well — for everyone.
What do you mean by "domestic partnerships between heterosexual couples"?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#939285 Jul 7, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer my question but I'll answer yours regardless. No, I do not frequent Soros funded media outlets.
Glad to hear that you check all facts independently rather than using one of the so-called "fact-check" sites.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#939286 Jul 7, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Tenzing lives in the Soros Echo chamber that thinks everybody who isn't pro-Obama must be a member of the Tea Party.
I am liking it. He is alienating more than shaming people here which is the stupidity of the Progressive sites.
I'd like to see proof of anything you say in this post, its not the least bit unreasonable to assume that right-wingers on here think they're teabaggers.

In any case, that I think right-wingers pose a threat to individual liberty and small government hardly puts me on the left. You're another confused right-winger who can only think in binary terms: Tenzing isn't a moronic right-winger so he must be an Obama liberal.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nostrilis Waxman

United States

#939287 Jul 7, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Both Detroit and Chicago are hoping to save money and reduce pension obligations by moving retirees off city health care plans and onto the exchanges. Bloomberg:
[Detroit's Emergency Manager Kevyn] Orr wants to give current and former workers health-reimbursement accounts. The city would pay from $100 to $250 a month to help with medical costs or premiums under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, according to a proposal to city unions [...]
Chicago plans to phase out retiree health coverage by the beginning of 2017, according to a May 15 letter from Comptroller Amer Ahmad.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-07-02/trou...
Bright enough to know who's sock you are eh, CA CA? Gothcha!!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#939288 Jul 7, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you not oppose individual income taxation too?
A consumption tax would be preferable.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#939289 Jul 7, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't the point and you know it. The so called less government teabaggers have shown repeatedly that one of their first orders of business is to expand the scope and authority of the government in passing or proposing abortion restrictions or bans. Forcing a woman to get an ultrasound before having an abortion is either putting that cost on the taxpayer or taxing the woman seeking the abortion depending on how its funded. Either way it isn't remotely in keeping with the tenet of Taxed Enough Already.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#939290 Jul 7, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true.

Also, it cannot be interpreted as meaning health standards should be abandoned.

Should any Texas woman think that are empowered because they can currently get a D&E for an unplanned pregnancy at a place with lower standards than where they go to get a endoscopy for an acid reflux diagnosis?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nostrilis Waxman

United States

#939291 Jul 7, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a nut case-who cares about your delusions.
That makes two of us!! Do you have any lard to spread on these donuts? If so hand it over and stop hoarding it all. They're a little dry today. And shift yourself, your chair is sagging a bit on the left side. That leg looks like it's buckling some!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#939292 Jul 7, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Things in the news?
Read some of DBWriter's posts. What news services carry his bizarre conspirisies? Or American Ladies? Or Waxman's? Or Eman'? Just more hypocrisy from the right.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#939293 Jul 7, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to see proof of anything you say in this post, its not the least bit unreasonable to assume that right-wingers on here think they're teabaggers.
What an odd comment.

Prove to us how you can make this claim that you "know" what another is thinking?

Special powers?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#939294 Jul 7, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't the point and you know it. The so called less government teabaggers have shown repeatedly that one of their first orders of business is to expand the scope and authority of the government in passing or proposing abortion restrictions or bans. Forcing a woman to get an ultrasound before having an abortion is either putting that cost on the taxpayer or taxing the woman seeking the abortion depending on how its funded. Either way it isn't remotely in keeping with the tenet of Taxed Enough Already.
Galt believes that abortion clinics should meet the same standards as other outpatient surgical clinics, including the presence of a licensed physician, and that laws requiring same are reasonable under Roe v. Wade. That requirement was one of the elements of the law that you opposed.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#939295 Jul 7, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean by "domestic partnerships between heterosexual couples"?
Living together.

The NC teabaggers are so concerned with personal liberty they tried to outlaw the living arrangements of consenting adults, even the heterosexual ones ('cause you know how much gayness violates individual rights and increases taxes).

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#939296 Jul 7, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Liar.
How's Lightening?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#939297 Jul 7, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt believes that abortions should be performed only by licensed and qualified physicians.

Galt believes that the requirement for an ultrasound should be entirely in the judgment of the physician performing the procedure.

The patient is always free to find another physician if she disagrees.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 28 min Crazy Jae 4,657
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr J RULES 68,997
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LRS 177,409
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr Candy4Me 7,751
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 68,379
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 2 hr newpoly 1,910
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr edogxxx 97,938
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE