Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
863,021 - 863,040 of 1,082,426 Comments Last updated 27 min ago
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

United States President Barack Obama has signed a bill into law that was written in part by the very billion-dollar corporation that will benefit directly from the legislation.

On Tuesday, Pres. Obama inked his name to H.R. 933, a continuing resolution spending bill approved in Congress days earlier. Buried 78 pages within the bill exists a provision that grossly protects biotech corporations such as the Missouri-based Monsanto Company from litigation.

With the president’s signature, agriculture giants that deal with genetically modified organisms (GMOs) and genetically engineered (GE) seeds are given the go-ahead to continue to plant and sell man-made crops, even as questions remain largely unanswered about the health risks these types of products pose to consumers.

....If the president’s signature isn’t all that surprising, though, consider the genesis of the bill itself. According to an article published Monday in the New York Daily News, US Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Missouri)“worked with Monsanto to craft the language in the bill.”

http://rt.com/usa/monsanto-bill-blunt-agricul...

i can't for the life of me figure out why Republicans get mad when Obama signs on to one of their pet projects.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
Lois Lerner the criminal head of the IRS--is asking for immunity to testify-WHY? she said she didn't do anything wrong. ROTFLMAO--evidentally she lied.
Bush appointed Republican = liar.

i can't for the life of me figure out why Republicans keep attacking Bush appointees.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't watched O'Reilly in maybe 10 years or longer. I haven't listened to Rush over the same time period. I watch none of the Fox News Shows at all.
The Liberal Tenzing motormouths and the OBAMA the GENIUS pre-teens are in a constant head-long and mindless rage to push square pegs into round holes. Why? Who knows the finer internal workings of defective minds? Go figure.
I am so often called teabagger, dittohead, foxbot or any of a long list of Liberal Spittle for expressing my views although I neither belong to, listen to or subscribe to any of those groups.
Liberals make lots of noise and stink using big rattles and full diapers respectively.
Ha! So why then do you have all the talking points and language?(I won't even bother with your previous BS post-racism post)

"Old stuff but Liberal Media remains quite about the 'evolving' Jerk in the Oval Office:

'Matchmaker' Rev. Jeremiah Wright 'provided cover for gays': http://tinyurl.com/9kw26kc

Rev. Jeremiah Wright has been since kicked to the curb by the Magic Negro for being honest with the media."
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
You have it backwards.
Obama is trying to undermine America.
WRONG STUPID! The Tea Party Republicans are the American equivalent to the Muslim Brotherhood trying to impose their own narrow values on the rest of us and wasting time and taxpayer money on legislation that's doomed to failure. Meanwhile our infrastructure is rapidly deteriorating with roads in disrepair, bridges that are structurally unsound and water systems that leak more water than they carry and let pathogens into our drinking water. They don't have any allegiance to this country but to corporate plutocrats who want to control and privatize everything so that they can line their pockets.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>OF COURSE--I should have know...Single minded people always amass multi-billion dollar empires. Do you even think before you type?
Here's your chance to read it again since you obviously never got past the first phrase:

"Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
The Koch brothers are single minded, they will support any cause or candidate that will lower their tax bill. If a Fascist Party became viable and promised to eliminate corporate taxes the Koch's would be on board. Their association with libertarianism is based solely on their tax position, they couldn't care less about any of the other foundational libertarian issues."
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Is Snowden going to be Obama’s, Carter ‘s Iran hostages Crisis?
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG STUPID! The Tea Party Republicans are the American equivalent to the Muslim Brotherhood trying to impose their own narrow values on the rest of us and wasting time and taxpayer money on legislation that's doomed to failure. Meanwhile our infrastructure is rapidly deteriorating with roads in disrepair, bridges that are structurally unsound and water systems that leak more water than they carry and let pathogens into our drinking water. They don't have any allegiance to this country but to corporate plutocrats who want to control and privatize everything so that they can line their pockets.
WRONG STUPID!

"The Tea Party movement spontaneously formed in 2009 from the reaction of the American people to fiscally irresponsible actions of the federal government, misguided “stimulus” spending, bailouts and takeovers of private industry. Within the first few weeks of the movement, Tea Party Patriots formed to support the millions of Americans seeking to improve our great nation through renewed support for fiscal responsibility, constitutionally limited government, and free market economic policies."

http://www.teapartypatriots.org/about/

You are a liar and an idiot.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

TSM wrote:
Is Snowden going to be Obama’s, Carter ‘s Iran hostages Crisis?
really reaching for another FOX faux scandal.

aren't there enough already?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
United States President Barack Obama has signed a bill into law that was written in part by the very billion-dollar corporation that will benefit directly from the legislation.
On Tuesday, Pres. Obama inked his name to H.R. 933, a continuing resolution spending bill approved in Congress days earlier. Buried 78 pages within the bill exists a provision that grossly protects biotech corporations such as the Missouri-based Monsanto Company from litigation.
With the president’s signature, agriculture giants that deal with genetically modified organisms (GMOs) and genetically engineered (GE) seeds are given the go-ahead to continue to plant and sell man-made crops, even as questions remain largely unanswered about the health risks these types of products pose to consumers.
....If the president’s signature isn’t all that surprising, though, consider the genesis of the bill itself. According to an article published Monday in the New York Daily News, US Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Missouri)“worked with Monsanto to craft the language in the bill.”
i can't for the life of me figure out why Republicans get mad when Obama signs on to one of their pet projects.
The "questions" are the left's employment of a tactic used by the right, most notably by Glenn "I'm just asking the question" Beck.

The answers are out there. The risks being questioned are the same risks associated with any genetic alteration. Beefsteak tomato anyone?

"To date world-wide there have been no verifiable untoward toxic or nutritionally deleterious effects resulting from the cultivation and consumption of products from GM crops."
http://www.bis.gov.uk/files/file15655.pdf
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Who cares?

The real news you Obama supporting communists do NOT want to talk about is:

1 - The Libya fiasco where Obama & Clinton screwed up big time and Americans died (actually, were left to die).

2 - The IRS Scandal where Obama & his cronies (Democrats) abused that power of government targeting Americans and denying them their rights and trying to destroy people for political purposes. This is a new low in the history of American government that extended into other government agencies as well.

3 - The Snowden scandal where even the NY Times stated the Obama ahs lost all credibility

4 - Just a couple days ago, Obama took the extreme step of postponing a key provision of his signature legislation (oBOZOcare, AKA, The Unaffordable Heath Care Act).

5 - Jobs, it's all about jobs, commie.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
really reaching for another FOX faux scandal.
aren't there enough already?
You corrupt un-American people seem to commit them every month, fast & furiously.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG STUPID!
"The Tea Party movement spontaneously formed in 2009 from the reaction of the American people to fiscally irresponsible actions of the federal government, misguided “stimulus” spending, bailouts and takeovers of private industry. Within the first few weeks of the movement, Tea Party Patriots formed to support the millions of Americans seeking to improve our great nation through renewed support for fiscal responsibility, constitutionally limited government, and free market economic policies."
Seems the Texas Tea Party hasn't been Taxed Enough Already:

What of our Christian Heritage?
http://texasteaparty.org/christianheritage.ht...

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Monsanto Protection Act backlash prompted some food activists to place the blame for the GMO legislation at Senator Barbara Mikulski’s feet. Some of those opposed to allowing GMO ingredients in food products without labeling blame the Democrat for allowing the biotech rider to find its way into the new law.

YOUR liberal President signed--didn't he read it either? LOL-can he even read?
P.S. you don't have to live in a state to call their representatives--I call any representative-most of them however are democrats.
You are a bigger liar than Roy Blunt, at least he admitted to putting the 'Monsanto Rule ' into the Food Appropriations Bill --he had to finally admit it since he was the leader of the republican fight to block its repeal.Typical tea party corrupt politician--won't accept responsibility for his own wrongful actions .
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems the Texas Tea Party hasn't been Taxed Enough Already:
What of our Christian Heritage?
http://texasteaparty.org/christianheritage.ht...
I don't care about what you cherry picked so you can misrepresent the entire movement, half-truther. You never were a big picture person anyways.

While I'm not religious, I prefer them over you crazies. You on the left are in some type of "cult" that is far worse. I left your cult party and am glad I did.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares?
The real news you Obama supporting communists do NOT want to talk about is:
1 - The Libya fiasco where Obama & Clinton screwed up big time and Americans died (actually, were left to die).
2 - The IRS Scandal where Obama & his cronies (Democrats) abused that power of government targeting Americans and denying them their rights and trying to destroy people for political purposes. This is a new low in the history of American government that extended into other government agencies as well.
3 - The Snowden scandal where even the NY Times stated the Obama ahs lost all credibility
4 - Just a couple days ago, Obama took the extreme step of postponing a key provision of his signature legislation (oBOZOcare, AKA, The Unaffordable Heath Care Act).
5 - Jobs, it's all about jobs, commie.
I guess the teabaggers in the N. Carolina Legislature aren't that concerned with jobs and obviously haven't been Taxed Enough Already:

North Carolina Republican state representatives Henry Warren and Carl Ford introduced House Joint Resolution 494 in early April, which would allow the state to institute an official state religion.
http://www.nationalmemo.com/5-worst-ideas-fro...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care about what you cherry picked so you can misrepresent the entire movement, half-truther. You never were a big picture person anyways.
While I'm not religious, I prefer them over you crazies. You on the left are in some type of "cult" that is far worse. I left your cult party and am glad I did.
If you were really what you say your are you'd be libertarian and be just as pissed off at the phony teabaggers as I am.

But you are NOT what you say you are as evidenced by your racist, right-wing posts.

I guess the Oklahoma City Tea Party hasn't been Taxed Enough Already:

The Big Lie: Separation of Church & State
Separation of Church and State was in the Soviet Union’s Communist constitution, but not in the U.S. Constitution. See this outstanding lecture by Dr. Andy Woods — about 70 minutes — that shows why and how incorporation of the ‘Separation’ lie has been erroneously insinuated into our U.S. legal, legislative and executive culture.
http://www.okcteaparty.org/education/the-big-...

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG STUPID!
Just so happens to coincide with the fist black President taking office.

Funny, huh?

Bush ran up record debt, two quagmire wars,a housing collapse, a near financial meltdown, record earmarks, worst recession in 80 years.

Bush started where you dipsticks claim to want - a balanced budget.

You azzwipes did & said NOTHING as Bush ran that into the ground.

But swear in a black man as President & holy Cow, the Tea Party forms.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

You know you have Zero influence in the Middle-East when the President/Secretary of State ones playing Golf the other Yachting and the administration response to Save Face ‘We’re Staying Neutral’ Axelrod was correct the job is to Vast for Obama!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Just so happens to coincide with the fist black President taking office.
Funny, huh?
Bush ran up record debt, two quagmire wars,a housing collapse, a near financial meltdown, record earmarks, worst recession in 80 years.
Bush started where you dipsticks claim to want - a balanced budget.
You azzwipes did & said NOTHING as Bush ran that into the ground.
But swear in a black man as President & holy Cow, the Tea Party forms.
If you read the platform of the Gem State Tea Party its some pretty good stuff:

http://gstp.org/gstp_principles.html

However, the reality is the teabagger Idaho Legislature isn't really concerned with liberty and obviously haven't been Taxed Enough Already:

BOISE, Idaho – A federal judge has struck down Idaho's law banning abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy based on beliefs held by physicians and others that the fetus is able to feel pain at that point.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/06/fe...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't watched O'Reilly in maybe 10 years or longer. I haven't listened to Rush over the same time period. I watch none of the Fox News Shows at all.
The Liberal Tenzing motormouths and the OBAMA the GENIUS pre-teens are in a constant head-long and mindless rage to push square pegs into round holes. Why? Who knows the finer internal workings of defective minds? Go figure.
I am so often called teabagger, dittohead, foxbot or any of a long list of Liberal Spittle for expressing my views although I neither belong to, listen to or subscribe to any of those groups.
Liberals make lots of noise and stink using big rattles and full diapers respectively.
Pretty sure I'm to blame for the obsession about Fox since I happen to like O'Reilly and haven't been shy about saying so.

Been an O'Reilly Factor fan for more than a decade though - almost since the very beginning.

Don't watch much other Fox shows either - maybe once in a while or when it's a special event being covered.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 45,849
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 174,967
Voting Whites NO LONGER hold majority in Ohio. 2 hr WeBlacksOutBirthedWhitey 2
Chicago Train Robbery 2 hr StarNazisDontFOOKWithMe 6
Strategy 2 hr ItTakesBalls2BNo1 7
Children were thrown to hungry crocodiles 2 hr AskACroc-KidsTasteGood 5
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Uzi 68,415
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 17 hr Mister Tonka 97,562
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••