Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#939232 Jul 7, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
United States President Barack Obama has signed a bill into law that was written in part by the very billion-dollar corporation that will benefit directly from the legislation.
On Tuesday, Pres. Obama inked his name to H.R. 933, a continuing resolution spending bill approved in Congress days earlier. Buried 78 pages within the bill exists a provision that grossly protects biotech corporations such as the Missouri-based Monsanto Company from litigation.
With the president’s signature, agriculture giants that deal with genetically modified organisms (GMOs) and genetically engineered (GE) seeds are given the go-ahead to continue to plant and sell man-made crops, even as questions remain largely unanswered about the health risks these types of products pose to consumers.
....If the president’s signature isn’t all that surprising, though, consider the genesis of the bill itself. According to an article published Monday in the New York Daily News, US Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Missouri)“worked with Monsanto to craft the language in the bill.”
http://rt.com/usa/monsanto-bill-blunt-agricul...
i can't for the life of me figure out why Republicans get mad when Obama signs on to one of their pet projects.
Who cares?

The real news you Obama supporting communists do NOT want to talk about is:

1 - The Libya fiasco where Obama & Clinton screwed up big time and Americans died (actually, were left to die).

2 - The IRS Scandal where Obama & his cronies (Democrats) abused that power of government targeting Americans and denying them their rights and trying to destroy people for political purposes. This is a new low in the history of American government that extended into other government agencies as well.

3 - The Snowden scandal where even the NY Times stated the Obama ahs lost all credibility

4 - Just a couple days ago, Obama took the extreme step of postponing a key provision of his signature legislation (oBOZOcare, AKA, The Unaffordable Heath Care Act).

5 - Jobs, it's all about jobs, commie.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#939233 Jul 7, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
really reaching for another FOX faux scandal.
aren't there enough already?
You corrupt un-American people seem to commit them every month, fast & furiously.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#939234 Jul 7, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG STUPID!
"The Tea Party movement spontaneously formed in 2009 from the reaction of the American people to fiscally irresponsible actions of the federal government, misguided “stimulus” spending, bailouts and takeovers of private industry. Within the first few weeks of the movement, Tea Party Patriots formed to support the millions of Americans seeking to improve our great nation through renewed support for fiscal responsibility, constitutionally limited government, and free market economic policies."
http://www.teapartypatriots.org/about/
You are a liar and an idiot.
Seems the Texas Tea Party hasn't been Taxed Enough Already:

What of our Christian Heritage?
http://texasteaparty.org/christianheritage.ht...

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#939235 Jul 7, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Monsanto Protection Act backlash prompted some food activists to place the blame for the GMO legislation at Senator Barbara Mikulski’s feet. Some of those opposed to allowing GMO ingredients in food products without labeling blame the Democrat for allowing the biotech rider to find its way into the new law.

YOUR liberal President signed--didn't he read it either? LOL-can he even read?
P.S. you don't have to live in a state to call their representatives--I call any representative-most of them however are democrats.
You are a bigger liar than Roy Blunt, at least he admitted to putting the 'Monsanto Rule ' into the Food Appropriations Bill --he had to finally admit it since he was the leader of the republican fight to block its repeal.Typical tea party corrupt politician--won't accept responsibility for his own wrongful actions .
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#939236 Jul 7, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems the Texas Tea Party hasn't been Taxed Enough Already:
What of our Christian Heritage?
http://texasteaparty.org/christianheritage.ht...
I don't care about what you cherry picked so you can misrepresent the entire movement, half-truther. You never were a big picture person anyways.

While I'm not religious, I prefer them over you crazies. You on the left are in some type of "cult" that is far worse. I left your cult party and am glad I did.

Location hidden

#939237 Jul 7, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares?
1 - The Libya fiasco where Obama & Clinton screwed up big time and Americans died (actually, were left to die).
2 - The IRS Scandal where Obama & his cronies (Democrats) abused that power of government targeting Americans and denying them their rights and trying to destroy people for political purposes. This is a new low in the history of American government that extended into other government agencies as well.
3 - The Snowden scandal where even the NY Times stated the Obama ahs lost all credibility
4 - Just a couple days ago, Obama took the extreme step of postponing a key provision of his signature legislation (oBOZOcare, AKA, The Unaffordable Heath Care Act).
I guess the teabaggers in the N. Carolina Legislature aren't that concerned with jobs and obviously haven't been Taxed Enough Already:

North Carolina Republican state representatives Henry Warren and Carl Ford introduced House Joint Resolution 494 in early April, which would allow the state to institute an official state religion.
http://www.nationalmemo.com/5-worst-ideas-fro...

Location hidden

#939239 Jul 7, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care about what you cherry picked so you can misrepresent the entire movement, half-truther. You never were a big picture person anyways.
While I'm not religious, I prefer them over you crazies. You on the left are in some type of "cult" that is far worse. I left your cult party and am glad I did.
If you were really what you say your are you'd be libertarian and be just as pissed off at the phony teabaggers as I am.

But you are NOT what you say you are as evidenced by your racist, right-wing posts.

I guess the Oklahoma City Tea Party hasn't been Taxed Enough Already:

The Big Lie: Separation of Church & State
Separation of Church and State was in the Soviet Union’s Communist constitution, but not in the U.S. Constitution. See this outstanding lecture by Dr. Andy Woods — about 70 minutes — that shows why and how incorporation of the ‘Separation’ lie has been erroneously insinuated into our U.S. legal, legislative and executive culture.
http://www.okcteaparty.org/education/the-big-...

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#939240 Jul 7, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG STUPID!
"The Tea Party movement spontaneously formed in 2009 from the reaction of the American people to fiscally irresponsible actions of the federal government, misguided “stimulus” spending, bailouts and takeovers of private industry. Within the first few weeks of the movement, Tea Party Patriots formed to support the millions of Americans seeking to improve our great nation through renewed support for fiscal responsibility, constitutionally limited government, and free market economic policies."
http://www.teapartypatriots.org/about/
You are a liar and an idiot.
Just so happens to coincide with the fist black President taking office.

Funny, huh?

Bush ran up record debt, two quagmire wars,a housing collapse, a near financial meltdown, record earmarks, worst recession in 80 years.

Bush started where you dipsticks claim to want - a balanced budget.

You azzwipes did & said NOTHING as Bush ran that into the ground.

But swear in a black man as President & holy Cow, the Tea Party forms.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#939241 Jul 7, 2013
You know you have Zero influence in the Middle-East when the President/Secretary of State ones playing Golf the other Yachting and the administration response to Save Face ‘We’re Staying Neutral’ Axelrod was correct the job is to Vast for Obama!!

Location hidden

#939242 Jul 7, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Just so happens to coincide with the fist black President taking office.
Funny, huh?
Bush ran up record debt, two quagmire wars,a housing collapse, a near financial meltdown, record earmarks, worst recession in 80 years.
Bush started where you dipsticks claim to want - a balanced budget.
You azzwipes did & said NOTHING as Bush ran that into the ground.
But swear in a black man as President & holy Cow, the Tea Party forms.
If you read the platform of the Gem State Tea Party its some pretty good stuff:

http://gstp.org/gstp_principles.html

However, the reality is the teabagger Idaho Legislature isn't really concerned with liberty and obviously haven't been Taxed Enough Already:

BOISE, Idaho – A federal judge has struck down Idaho's law banning abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy based on beliefs held by physicians and others that the fetus is able to feel pain at that point.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/06/fe...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#939244 Jul 7, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't watched O'Reilly in maybe 10 years or longer. I haven't listened to Rush over the same time period. I watch none of the Fox News Shows at all.
The Liberal Tenzing motormouths and the OBAMA the GENIUS pre-teens are in a constant head-long and mindless rage to push square pegs into round holes. Why? Who knows the finer internal workings of defective minds? Go figure.
I am so often called teabagger, dittohead, foxbot or any of a long list of Liberal Spittle for expressing my views although I neither belong to, listen to or subscribe to any of those groups.
Liberals make lots of noise and stink using big rattles and full diapers respectively.
Pretty sure I'm to blame for the obsession about Fox since I happen to like O'Reilly and haven't been shy about saying so.

Been an O'Reilly Factor fan for more than a decade though - almost since the very beginning.

Don't watch much other Fox shows either - maybe once in a while or when it's a special event being covered.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#939245 Jul 7, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Slavery, Indian Mistreatment, Japanese Internment Camps...so much of America's darker history is only historical awareness to me and not a source of guilt. Yes, there are shameful and unfortunate events in the histories of ALL countries but future generations need not share any guilt for them. Why should they when they did not participate or condone it?
Should a 20 year old German continue to be blamed and held guilty for the Third Reich? Should a 10 year old Spaniard girl or 18 year old Mexican boy be held responsible for the Conquistadors' genocide of Central and South American Natives today?
The Race Card and the constant chest-beating over the American Indian histories has been held over the heads of good, hardworking and innocent Americans long enough and needs to stop.
Yes, I've read of the horror stories of both slavery and indigenous peoples. I've felt a deep spiritual connection with Indian world-views toward Nature and Mother Earth. Yeah, I saw Roots.
But I am not guilty and I am not responsible for those actions of people 200 - 300 - even 400 years ago. It simply is what it is and the Jesse Sharptons can all go to hell for all I care. They have sucked, shucked and extorted enough money, pain and misery for generations to come.
George Zimmerman knows this well. Paula Deen knows it. Qualified non-blacks refused entrance to universities know it. The Ronald Goldman family knows this. The families of Korean shop owners murdered in the LA riots know this.
The black racial hypocrisy has hurt America deeply.
It's certainly not something we should dwell over. With the exception of the Indians which was definitely a tragic black mark on our history, unlike much older countries, we at least try to right our wrongs or, if that isn't possible, acknowledge them with regret.

There's nothing anyone can do about their own country's past atrocities. Generations and changing times replace those responsible and the reasons why it happened.

It's just easier for some who feel they have reason to hold a grudge to keep holding onto it while others are able to let it go, put it into perspective and realize, as in the racial issue, more whites were not - and still are not - racists, many died to end slavery indigenous to one part of the country over 200 years ago, and those reasons have long since faded away along with that part of our history.

Racial and ethnic tensions exist everywhere - in the Middle East between Shiites and Sunnis - Jews and Arabs - Muslims and Christians - Muslims and Europe - and even between people of the same race for political or social differences.

The racial tensions in our own country are predominantly self-manufactured by those who keep it alive for political purposes.

There are always going to be people who don't like anyone who don't look and act just like them - the color of their skin, their ethnicity or their religion - and for blacks in this country to keep blaming this generation for the atrocities of the past or believe they are the only people here or anywhere who are discriminated against because of ignorance or self-pride or irrational fear, you're right, is like beating a dead horse.

The past is dead and should be buried and left alone. Only it's lessons should remain and accepting we don't live in a perfect world with perfect people and we never will.

(Sermonette for the day.)
Stoneman

Boise, ID

#939247 Jul 7, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
The Koch brothers are single minded, they will support any cause or candidate that will lower their tax bill. If a Fascist Party became viable and promised to eliminate corporate taxes the Koch's would be on board. Their association with libertarianism is based solely on their tax position, they couldn't care less about any of the other foundational libertarian issues.
Taxing corporations is a ridiculous concept. It should be ZERO.

What happens when you tax corporations? They put the cost of the tax into the price of their products. Which in turn is paid by the consumers-- living, breathing people.

I know, I know, you want to tax the hell out of fat, bald, white, middle-aged Evil Rich CEO's. And you think taxing the corporations they run will accomplish that. It won't. We have the second highest corporate income tax in the world (second only to Japan), yet do you see CEO's hurting?

All it accomplishes is making our businesses less competitive. And more corrupt-- if a company like General Electric can get their CEO Immelt to suck up to Lord Obama, PRESTO! They get a special exemption, no taxes. It's called Cronie Capitalism.

You want it to be fair? Make taxes 15% ACROSS THE BOARD for all individuals, regardless of income. No exemptions, no deductions. No charitible deductions. No union dues deductions. No discrimination between whether the money came from investments or driving a forklift. The cost of around a QUARTER MILLION IRS EMPLOYEES could be slashed, as the majority of them could be laid off. Tax accountants, tax lawyers, CPA's-- all would have to find something productive to do.

Taxing corporations is a brilliant way for a bureaucrat-breeding politician to bury the true cost of gubbermint. You THINK you pay only 28% tax, while everything you buy contains tax in the price. It's the smartest way for politicians to dupe the public since the payroll deduction started during WWII. People don't seem to notice the "GROSS" amount on their checks. Better for the gubbermint.

Location hidden

#939249 Jul 7, 2013
TSM wrote:
You know you have Zero influence in the Middle-East when the President/Secretary of State ones playing Golf the other Yachting and the administration response to Save Face ‘We’re Staying Neutral’ Axelrod was correct the job is to Vast for Obama!!
Are you a Tea Partier?

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#939251 Jul 7, 2013
TSM wrote:
I'd rather have an honest President Obama on the limits of American power in the Middle East than a dishonest George Bush who lied and rushed us into a war that we could not win in Iraq and Afghanistan.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#939253 Jul 7, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares?
jobs?

so let's see the bills introduced by Republicans that address that issue.

can't find any? sure you can't. helping the American people find a job might make Obama look good. can't have that, can we?

as we all suffer while Republicans have given up on governance to play the identity politics game. it's just a shame that they'll never win another national election until they quite catering to 3 million lowly FOXbots.

Location hidden

#939254 Jul 7, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty sure I'm to blame for the obsession about Fox since I happen to like O'Reilly and haven't been shy about saying so.
Been an O'Reilly Factor fan for more than a decade though - almost since the very beginning.
Don't watch much other Fox shows either - maybe once in a while or when it's a special event being covered.
More whimsey from the NC teabaggers who couldn't care less about liberty and obviously haven't been Taxed Enough Already:

5 Worst Ideas From North Carolina’s Tea Party Legislature

Accidentally Banning Domestic Partnerships Between Heterosexual Couples

North Carolina voters took to the polls last year and voted overwhelmingly in favor of a Constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage. What voters didn’t realize was that defining the only legal partnership as marriage between one man and one woman could in turn nullify domestic partnerships between heterosexual couples. Which is exactly what happened.

The text of Amendment One reads that “marriage between one man and one woman is the only domestic legal union that shall be valid or recognized in this state.” Prior to this vote, same-sex marriage was already illegal in the state. The amendment just added an extra layer, making civil unions and domestic partnerships illegal as well — for everyone.

Location hidden

#939255 Jul 7, 2013
Stoneman wrote:
<quoted text>
Taxing corporations is a ridiculous concept. It should be ZERO.
What happens when you tax corporations? They put the cost of the tax into the price of their products. Which in turn is paid by the consumers-- living, breathing people.
I know, I know, you want to tax the hell out of fat, bald, white, middle-aged Evil Rich CEO's. And you think taxing the corporations they run will accomplish that. It won't. We have the second highest corporate income tax in the world (second only to Japan), yet do you see CEO's hurting?
All it accomplishes is making our businesses less competitive. And more corrupt-- if a company like General Electric can get their CEO Immelt to suck up to Lord Obama, PRESTO! They get a special exemption, no taxes. It's called Cronie Capitalism.
You want it to be fair? Make taxes 15% ACROSS THE BOARD for all individuals, regardless of income. No exemptions, no deductions. No charitible deductions. No union dues deductions. No discrimination between whether the money came from investments or driving a forklift. The cost of around a QUARTER MILLION IRS EMPLOYEES could be slashed, as the majority of them could be laid off. Tax accountants, tax lawyers, CPA's-- all would have to find something productive to do.
Taxing corporations is a brilliant way for a bureaucrat-breeding politician to bury the true cost of gubbermint. You THINK you pay only 28% tax, while everything you buy contains tax in the price. It's the smartest way for politicians to dupe the public since the payroll deduction started during WWII. People don't seem to notice the "GROSS" amount on their checks. Better for the gubbermint.
Do you not oppose individual income taxation too?

Location hidden

#939256 Jul 7, 2013
Sorry, the above post should have started with the word "Why"

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#939257 Jul 7, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
The "questions" are the left's employment of a tactic used by the right, most notably by Glenn "I'm just asking the question" Beck.
The answers are out there. The risks being questioned are the same risks associated with any genetic alteration. Beefsteak tomato anyone?
"To date world-wide there have been no verifiable untoward toxic or nutritionally deleterious effects resulting from the cultivation and consumption of products from GM crops."
http://www.bis.gov.uk/files/file15655.pdf
Sanctimonious government officials order the people to do as they say, not as they do
In essence, the common folk are basically expected to openly embrace untested GMOs while their overlords in government gorge on all-natural foods that have not been shown to cause cancerous tumors, digestive destruction, and other major health problems. This is further evidenced by a recent statement put forth by the company that prepares and serves food for the Parliament, which admits that Parliament members do not personally want to ingest GMOs.

http://www.infowars.com/uk-govt-bans-gmos-fro...

UK: The Church of England has refused permission for GE crop trials
on 60,000 hectares of its land, dozens of local authorities supply GE
free school lunches, the House of Commons banned GE foods for its
catering. The vote of the Welsh Assembly to keep Wales GE free was
counteracted by the ministry of Agriculture approving a GE maize variety.
The Island of Jersey banned GE crops.

http://www.organicconsumers.org/gefood/countr...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Apr '13) 5 min texas pete 391
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 18 min SpaceBlues 48,521
After Ferguson the Protest Should Move to Chicago. 21 min rico 6
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 54 min loose cannon 180,803
Dear Abby 11/24/14 1 hr Mister Tonka 15
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,789
Super Waste by Post Office 1 hr CallWaltJacobson 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr primetime justice 98,684
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:09 am PST

Bleacher Report 7:09AM
2014 Week 13 Fantasy Football Quarterback Rankings
NBC Sports 9:38 AM
Colts' practice squad adds Griff Whalen, sprinter Jeff Demps
Bleacher Report10:47 AM
Can Bears Emulate Pats' Successful Gameplan vs. Lions?
Bleacher Report12:46 PM
5 Bold Predictions for Washington Redskins' Week 13 Matchup
Bleacher Report 2:37 PM
Cards Sign Veteran RB Michael Bush