Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Grey Ghost

Spotsylvania, VA

#939210 Jul 7, 2013
Emoron wrote:
<quoted text>
34,000 whines, think about what a loser that makes you. It's one whine after another.
You gotta love their misery and daily whine then throw in their racism, bigotry, anger,cluelessness and you have the makings of most of the righties on here...They need their own wailing wall...I know how about giving them Texas? No one would miss that decrepit wasteland.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#939212 Jul 7, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
The Magic Negro was meeting with the Muslim Brotherhood even before Morsi was in power. He had no complaints or hesitancy about giving the Muslim Brotherhood American F-15's, High-Tech Tanks and other munitions technology.
Now, suddenly, this jerk is talking about revisiting America's policy of selling these weapons to 'Egypt'.
What happened?
His bro's got booted. That's what's up.
Ww you are dumb.

If Obama give the weapons to the Muslim Brotherhood, why didn't the Muslim Brotherhood use them to keep Morsi in power?

Idiot.

The Egyptian military is not the Muslim Brotherhood as proven recently.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#939213 Jul 7, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me see if I can explain it to you.
There was this airplane crash at SFO.
At least two people died.
Sixty have been injured.
You figure it out.
This is great news, an airliner crashed and only two people were killed.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#939214 Jul 7, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Because ALL are not
Evidently teabagger favorite Marco Rubio hasn't been Taxed Enough Already:

"Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) is considering being the primary sponsor of a 20-week abortion ban proposal in the Senate. Rubio is often mentioned as a strong presidential candidate in 2016, so his backing would assure the topic remains in the center of national policy discussions.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/abortion...
Follow us:@thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook"

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#939215 Jul 7, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
The guy you claim to have voted for ran for the Republican nomination.
Ron Paul is a republican.
You are not a libertarian.
I voted for him in 1988 when he was the Libertarian Party presidential candidate.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#939216 Jul 7, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>You're a liar. I believe that you don't even live in Missouri. "WASHINGTON -- Senate Republicans objected to an attempt Thursday to repeal a controversial provision, informally dubbed the "Monsanto Protection Act," that could allow seeds deemed unsafe to be planted regardless of judicial order.
The provision was quietly slipped into law earlier this year and generated a firestorm once its substance became known. During debate on the farm bill Thursday, Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) offered an amendment that would have repealed the measure, but it was blocked by Senate Republicans, led by Roy Blunt (R-Mo.).
Earlier on Thursday, in an interview with The Huffington Post, Blunt said that the point of the provision was to protect farmers who had already purchased seeds that were later deemed unsafe."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/23/mons...
Monsanto Protection Act backlash prompted some food activists to place the blame for the GMO legislation at Senator Barbara Mikulski’s feet. Some of those opposed to allowing GMO ingredients in food products without labeling blame the Democrat for allowing the biotech rider to find its way into the new law.

The GMO seeds portion of the act was reportedly added to the bill last month. Senator Barbara Mikulski is the chair of the Senate Appropriations Committee. President Barack Obama signed the GMO biotech rider section of HR 933 into law. During a 2007 speech in Iowa, Obama stated that Americans have the right to know what goes into their food, a comment which some are now citing as a broken campaign promise.
http://fooddemocracynow.org/blog/2013/apr/1/m...

YOUR liberal President signed--didn't he read it either? LOL-can he even read?

P.S. you don't have to live in a state to call their representatives--I call any representative-most of them however are democrats. You know it is better to call them, than to email them--most of the time the democrats hit delete on the emails. But they have to account for all calls.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#939217 Jul 7, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you need to have your head checked yourself...for delusions and cluelessness.
Many sectors of the WORKING classes are Beyond taxed enough-and have been for some time.
Now they're just getting reallllllllllllllly FED up, with slcakerTICS riding off the fruits of their lifelong efforts!!
I guess teabagger favorite Sam Brownback hasn't been Taxed Enough Already:

Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback signs sweeping anti-choice bill into law
Among other anti-choice provisions, the bill states that "life" begins at fertilization under Kansas law

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#939218 Jul 7, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't it the Koch brothers who started the tea party? Libertarians
The Koch brothers are single minded, they will support any cause or candidate that will lower their tax bill. If a Fascist Party became viable and promised to eliminate corporate taxes the Koch's would be on board. Their association with libertarianism is based solely on their tax position, they couldn't care less about any of the other foundational libertarian issues.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Prevented this

#939219 Jul 7, 2013
Lois Lerner the criminal head of the IRS--is asking for immunity to testify-WHY? she said she didn't do anything wrong. ROTFLMAO--evidentally she lied.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Prevented this

#939220 Jul 7, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
The Koch brothers are single minded, they will support any cause or candidate that will lower their tax bill. If a Fascist Party became viable and promised to eliminate corporate taxes the Koch's would be on board. Their association with libertarianism is based solely on their tax position, they couldn't care less about any of the other foundational libertarian issues.
OF COURSE--I should have know...Single minded people always amass multi-billion dollar empires. Do you even think before you type?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#939222 Jul 7, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't have been more saddened and angered when that teenager was killed. I blamed Zimmerman for leaving his house with a gun in the first place.
Unfortunately, whether Zimmerman should have waited for the police outside of his car or not or left his house with a gun or not, that young man ultimately lost his life by deciding to act as the aggressor attacking Zimmerman.
I wish more than anything that young man were still alive today and Zimmerman had not left his house. But it's now up to a jury to decide Zimmerman's guilt or innocence - not us.
Ha! You're so funny.

Let's let the jury decide that Martin attacked Zimmerman proving once and for all that black folks are always the guilty party.

"Unfortunately, whether Zimmerman should have waited for the police outside of his car or not or left his house with a gun or not, that young man ultimately lost his life by deciding to act as the aggressor attacking Zimmerman."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#939223 Jul 7, 2013
United States President Barack Obama has signed a bill into law that was written in part by the very billion-dollar corporation that will benefit directly from the legislation.

On Tuesday, Pres. Obama inked his name to H.R. 933, a continuing resolution spending bill approved in Congress days earlier. Buried 78 pages within the bill exists a provision that grossly protects biotech corporations such as the Missouri-based Monsanto Company from litigation.

With the president’s signature, agriculture giants that deal with genetically modified organisms (GMOs) and genetically engineered (GE) seeds are given the go-ahead to continue to plant and sell man-made crops, even as questions remain largely unanswered about the health risks these types of products pose to consumers.

....If the president’s signature isn’t all that surprising, though, consider the genesis of the bill itself. According to an article published Monday in the New York Daily News, US Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Missouri)“worked with Monsanto to craft the language in the bill.”

http://rt.com/usa/monsanto-bill-blunt-agricul...

i can't for the life of me figure out why Republicans get mad when Obama signs on to one of their pet projects.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#939224 Jul 7, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
Lois Lerner the criminal head of the IRS--is asking for immunity to testify-WHY? she said she didn't do anything wrong. ROTFLMAO--evidentally she lied.
Bush appointed Republican = liar.

i can't for the life of me figure out why Republicans keep attacking Bush appointees.

Location hidden

#939225 Jul 7, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't watched O'Reilly in maybe 10 years or longer. I haven't listened to Rush over the same time period. I watch none of the Fox News Shows at all.
The Liberal Tenzing motormouths and the OBAMA the GENIUS pre-teens are in a constant head-long and mindless rage to push square pegs into round holes. Why? Who knows the finer internal workings of defective minds? Go figure.
I am so often called teabagger, dittohead, foxbot or any of a long list of Liberal Spittle for expressing my views although I neither belong to, listen to or subscribe to any of those groups.
Liberals make lots of noise and stink using big rattles and full diapers respectively.
Ha! So why then do you have all the talking points and language?(I won't even bother with your previous BS post-racism post)

"Old stuff but Liberal Media remains quite about the 'evolving' Jerk in the Oval Office:

'Matchmaker' Rev. Jeremiah Wright 'provided cover for gays': http://tinyurl.com/9kw26kc

Rev. Jeremiah Wright has been since kicked to the curb by the Magic Negro for being honest with the media."
PDUPONT

Easthampton, MA

#939226 Jul 7, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
You have it backwards.
Obama is trying to undermine America.
WRONG STUPID! The Tea Party Republicans are the American equivalent to the Muslim Brotherhood trying to impose their own narrow values on the rest of us and wasting time and taxpayer money on legislation that's doomed to failure. Meanwhile our infrastructure is rapidly deteriorating with roads in disrepair, bridges that are structurally unsound and water systems that leak more water than they carry and let pathogens into our drinking water. They don't have any allegiance to this country but to corporate plutocrats who want to control and privatize everything so that they can line their pockets.

Location hidden

#939227 Jul 7, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>OF COURSE--I should have know...Single minded people always amass multi-billion dollar empires. Do you even think before you type?
Here's your chance to read it again since you obviously never got past the first phrase:

"Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
The Koch brothers are single minded, they will support any cause or candidate that will lower their tax bill. If a Fascist Party became viable and promised to eliminate corporate taxes the Koch's would be on board. Their association with libertarianism is based solely on their tax position, they couldn't care less about any of the other foundational libertarian issues."
TSM

El Paso, TX

#939228 Jul 7, 2013
Is Snowden going to be Obama’s, Carter ‘s Iran hostages Crisis?
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#939229 Jul 7, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG STUPID! The Tea Party Republicans are the American equivalent to the Muslim Brotherhood trying to impose their own narrow values on the rest of us and wasting time and taxpayer money on legislation that's doomed to failure. Meanwhile our infrastructure is rapidly deteriorating with roads in disrepair, bridges that are structurally unsound and water systems that leak more water than they carry and let pathogens into our drinking water. They don't have any allegiance to this country but to corporate plutocrats who want to control and privatize everything so that they can line their pockets.
WRONG STUPID!

"The Tea Party movement spontaneously formed in 2009 from the reaction of the American people to fiscally irresponsible actions of the federal government, misguided “stimulus” spending, bailouts and takeovers of private industry. Within the first few weeks of the movement, Tea Party Patriots formed to support the millions of Americans seeking to improve our great nation through renewed support for fiscal responsibility, constitutionally limited government, and free market economic policies."

http://www.teapartypatriots.org/about/

You are a liar and an idiot.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#939230 Jul 7, 2013
TSM wrote:
Is Snowden going to be Obama’s, Carter ‘s Iran hostages Crisis?
really reaching for another FOX faux scandal.

aren't there enough already?

Location hidden

#939231 Jul 7, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
United States President Barack Obama has signed a bill into law that was written in part by the very billion-dollar corporation that will benefit directly from the legislation.
On Tuesday, Pres. Obama inked his name to H.R. 933, a continuing resolution spending bill approved in Congress days earlier. Buried 78 pages within the bill exists a provision that grossly protects biotech corporations such as the Missouri-based Monsanto Company from litigation.
With the president’s signature, agriculture giants that deal with genetically modified organisms (GMOs) and genetically engineered (GE) seeds are given the go-ahead to continue to plant and sell man-made crops, even as questions remain largely unanswered about the health risks these types of products pose to consumers.
....If the president’s signature isn’t all that surprising, though, consider the genesis of the bill itself. According to an article published Monday in the New York Daily News, US Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Missouri)“worked with Monsanto to craft the language in the bill.”
http://rt.com/usa/monsanto-bill-blunt-agricul...
i can't for the life of me figure out why Republicans get mad when Obama signs on to one of their pet projects.
The "questions" are the left's employment of a tactic used by the right, most notably by Glenn "I'm just asking the question" Beck.

The answers are out there. The risks being questioned are the same risks associated with any genetic alteration. Beefsteak tomato anyone?

"To date world-wide there have been no verifiable untoward toxic or nutritionally deleterious effects resulting from the cultivation and consumption of products from GM crops."
http://www.bis.gov.uk/files/file15655.pdf

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Rogue Scholar 05 180,905
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr DonPanic 48,584
EverGreen Belgrade 2 hr aqif blyta 11
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 3 hr Swedenforever 54,527
Aldi's is the Worst Supermarket Chain (Jun '12) 4 hr Jamie 330
Boycott all Topix Sponsors 4 hr Jamie 5
World's Best Photo Art 4 hr Jamie 3
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News