Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
862,821 - 862,840 of 1,082,423 Comments Last updated 47 min ago

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Post again this this should be interesting :-)
Better yet, I'll just let that be your homework today.

I always taught my students research skills were much more important than memory skills or someone else doing the research for them.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I once got a lot of flack from my fellow conservatives for blaming Zimmerman at the onset for leaving his house with a gun and was the sweetheart of the liberals for doing so.
Now, there's more evidence and my only concern has always been it went to trial.
Even if Zimmerman left his house and his car, it was Trayvon who approached and attacked Zimmerman. He could have stayed hidden or went home as fast as he could.
That part simply can't be ignored.
lol! Talk about advocacy for syg in reverse!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Right-wing rips Colin Powell for exposing GOP’s ‘dark vein of intolerance’

Conservatives have begun bashing former Secretary of State Colin Powell over his comments that the Republican party seems to “look down on minorities” and has a “dark vein of intolerance.”

Florida Senator Marco Rubio was the first to counter Powell’s claims, pointing to the two Republican Hispanic Senators (including himself) and one Republican African-American Senator currently serving as proof. He neglected to mention that that sole African-American Senator, Tim Scott, used to be the party’s only African-American Congressman, and his appointment leave them with no black members of Congress.

Bill O’Reilly and Brit Hume slammed Powell’s comments on Monday as well. O’Reilly kicked off a segment of his show by questioning Powell’s party affiliation, even though he clearly affirmed during his Sunday Meet the Press appearance that he still considers himself a Republican. Hume argued that calling President Obama lazy, which Powell took issue with,“need not be considered a racial comment.”

He also tried to argue that Powell’s success within the Republican ranks proves that the party isn’t racist.“I think the case that he makes is weak, and it is an odd thing for a man who declares himself to be a Republican—and has done so well under Republican presidents—to say.”

Former aide to George W. Bush, Brad Blakeman simply rejected Powell’s premise entirely without any argument.“I reject it,” he said Monday on a Fox News panel.“If our party was like that, why would you consistently call yourself a Republican?”

Blakeman turned the issue back on Powell, asking what he has “done to change it?”

Laura Ingraham tried to turn the issue away from Republicans entirely.“Liberalism has been an utter disaster for black America,” she said.“The weapon of mass destruction has been found. The Democrats found it. It’s Colin Powell. He’s blowing up on Republicans.”

Another Fox panel went so far as to suggest Powell might be unhinged for his comments.

What conservatives still haven’t done, is directly address the myriad of racially-charged lines we’ve seen from Republicans of all stripes. Beyond Sarah Palin’s “shuck and jive” and John Sununu’s “lazy” comments, many other Republicans have made questionable statements. From the Republican primary we saw Rick Santorum refer to “blah people” and Newt Gingrich call Obama “the food stamp president.” Even Mitt Romney nearly stepped over the line when he joked that no one had ever asked to see his birth certificate.

Regardless of what conservatives believe about the matter, minorities clearly do not feel well aligned with the Republican party. African American voters choose Obama over Romney at the ballot box by a nearly 80-point margin, and Latino voters did split for the president by a 44-point margin.

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/01/15/right-wing-rip...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an opinion.
Clearly that's all you ever offer son.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
My intense interest in history didn't blossom until my college years.
How many history books did you read when you were 10 years old?
You are too judgmental for your own good.
1. Good you have interest. Now attempt to avoid hasty historical generalizations.

Your post-"Hollywood made us believe the Indians were the bad guys the entire time we were growing up.
Turns out, we were the bad guys. Nowadays, you'd think Hollyweird would be falling all over themselves to set the record straight just to promote their "blame America first" herd-like mindsets."

Who is "We" ?
Sounds more like you?

Hollywood did not make us believe anything :-)
"Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee" by Dee Brown was published in 1971.

Your Post -"We were the bad guys"
Are you speaking for all Americans?
Doubt if we share a collective guilt for events of the 1870s.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama publicly called for Mubarak to step down.
That's meddling, particularly when it comes from the biggest bully on the block.
That's BS to be filed along with the myth that Gorbachev took down the Berlin Wall 'cause Reagan told him to.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's based on simple perception and observation. The liberal media more than likely would have vilified a white man after being killed as the perpetrator because they slant the news in the direction of their bias every single time - just like they did in this black on "white" Hispanic case.
And Lily tags right along every single time.
Surely, you can see this even with blurred vision.
Impressed that you can read Lily's mind.

Generalizations seem your last refuge ?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

America’s Christian hypocrisy

The Bible preaches tolerance and liberal economics. So why do its proponents embrace right-wing politics?

The good news is that this may be starting to change. In recent years, for instance, Pew has found that younger evangelicals are less devoutly committed to the Republican Party and its Tea Party-inspired agenda than older evangelicals. Additionally, surveys show a near majority of evangelicals agree with liberals that the tax system is unfair and that the wealthy aren’t paying their fair share. Meanwhile, the organization Faith in Public LIfe has highlighted new academic research showing that even in America there is growing “correlation between increased Bible reading and support for progressive views, including abolishing the death penalty, seeking economic justice, and reducing material consumption.”

Of course, many Americans who cite Christianity to justify their economic conservatism may not have actually read the Bible. In that sense, religion has become more of a superficial brand than a distinct catechism, and brands can be easily manipulated by self-serving partisans and demagogues. To know that is to read the Sermon on the Mount and then marvel at how anyone still justifies right-wing beliefs by invoking Jesus.

http://www.salon.com/2012/04/20/americas_chri...
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Emoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Waxman you're a clown. Everyone here merely tolerates you. You are such a joke your name could be used as a verb, e.g. that post was Waxmaned. Guess what that means.
How funny! The thread name stealer & E-Moron is lecturing me.

Bawaaahhh!!!
NJ raider 1

Asbury Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I once got a lot of flack from my fellow conservatives for blaming Zimmerman at the onset for leaving his house with a gun and was the sweetheart of the liberals for doing so.
Now, there's more evidence and my only concern has always been it went to trial.
Even if Zimmerman left his house and his car, it was Trayvon who approached and attacked Zimmerman. He could have stayed hidden or went home as fast as he could.
Do what evidence do you have pointing to Trayvon not walking home & approaching Zimmerman. I watched the trial. From where the stalking began to where the shooting happened, is a very long way for Zimmerman not to be following Martin. Zimmerman said he was looking for a street sign but, the altercation happened in the back of the townhouse complex. If you were watching the trial, you would've saw that, just line in any apartment complex, there is no street signs in the back. The fact Zimmerman didn't tell police the names of the streets when there's only 3 streets &, he lives there is a clear indication that he's been lying from the beginning. What evidence do you have that states that Zimmerman didn't stalk, & approach Trayvon? Just because Trayvon confronted Zimmerman doesn't mean Zimmerman didn't approach Martin! But your bias is oozing out like you're on your monthly. Can't be that!
OBAMA the GENIUS

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey byytch!

What can't be ignored:

The gunman was told by the police during the gunman's call to the police:

"Do not follow the suspect"

"We have it from here"

"Stay in your vehicle"

"Police are on the way"

But the armed gunman did not comply!

He ultimately shot the boy! Killing him!

All the while stalking him.

He went against neighborhood watch guidelines.
He went against the police orders.
He murdered that kid?

An unarmed kid!
Walking in the neighborhood where he was living.
In the USA.

carol really cares about kids?
She hates food stamps for poor hungry kids too?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Right-wing rips Colin Powell for exposing GOP’s ‘dark vein of intolerance’
Conservatives have begun bashing former Secretary of State Colin Powell over his comments that the Republican party seems to “look down on minorities” and has a “dark vein of intolerance.”
Florida Senator Marco Rubio was the first to counter Powell’s claims, pointing to the two Republican Hispanic Senators (including himself) and one Republican African-American Senator currently serving as proof. He neglected to mention that that sole African-American Senator, Tim Scott, used to be the party’s only African-American Congressman, and his appointment leave them with ........
http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/01/15/right-wing-rip...
Meanwhile, what is going on that IS important in the real world

"Islamic militants attacked a boarding school in northeast Nigeria before dawn on Saturday, killing 29 students and a teacher. Some of the pupils were burned alive in the latest school attack blamed on a radical terror group, survivors said.

Parents screamed in anguish as they tried to identify the charred and gunshot victims."

http://www.thehindu.com/news/international/wo...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Clearly... it's your opinion.
It wouldn't be so sad if it were at least HER opinion instead of the opinion of the O'Reillys and Becks.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Impressed that you can read Lily's mind.
Generalizations seem your last refuge ?
I am sure you have no problems at all reading lily's mind.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

I guess teabagger favorite Rick Perry hasn't been Taxed Enough Already either:

The Texas abortion battle could be just what Rick Perry needs

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/w...

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dumbass emoron. The conversation was about california. On july 1st our gas tax went up 3.5 cents per gallon because of lower gas tax renevue. You really are the dumbest of the dumb.
Oh, diddle-squat, so you think somehow that the California gas and oil market is separate from world markets and demand? Oh, are you DUMB! Take a Econ 101 class, sophomoric noob.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
And isn't that their prerogative in a free country?
It's okay with you if Muslims believe Allah is the one true God though based on your selective tolerance, right?
Jiminy Cricket, Tenzing. You really are blind as a bat. And your intolerant bias is quite concerning.
Nope, I think all radical religious nuts are dangerous from jihadists to the phony "christians" on the right.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
How funny! The thread name stealer & E-Moron is lecturing me.
Bawaaahhh!!!
You are a clown, Waxman . You like the name so why all the fuss & bother ?
NJ raider 1

Asbury Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Jantel stated Trayvon told her that he was in the backyard of the house his father was staying at which was at the other end of sidewalk.
Why did he go back down to the junction?
Get over the race thing. Trayvon's parents ditched it when no racist remarks from Zimmerman was noted; however, Jantel stated that Trayvon called Z a "crazy ass cracker."
What did I say that had anything to do with race? Now you get over the race thing! Did you the pictures of the complex? He was found dead 20-30yds from his fathers house so, I'm in back of where my dad stays has more than 50yds of latitude. He could've just been entering the back section of his dads row of houses. She also said Trayvon said," man this dude close, he's right behind me "so, Zimmerman must've caught up to him! You ignore that part & assume that"behind my dads house" means he's right in front of the door. Commonsense would tell you he was'nt because, his father would've heard the screams!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
That's BS to be filed along with the myth that Gorbachev took down the Berlin Wall 'cause Reagan told him to.
Sure thing lib. Reagan had absolutely nothing to do with the end of the Cold War or the wall. Jimmy Carter did it, right? God forbid, a liberal give an ounce of credit to a conservative. Why, that would be honest! Just terrible!

"Obama in Berlin: No Ronald Reagan"

http://blog.heritage.org/2013/06/19/obama-in-...

Now leave your computer!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

28 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Rogue Scholar 05 174,967
Voting Whites NO LONGER hold majority in Ohio. 53 min WeBlacksOutBirthedWhitey 2
Chicago Train Robbery 57 min StarNazisDontFOOKWithMe 6
Strategy 1 hr ItTakesBalls2BNo1 7
Children were thrown to hungry crocodiles 1 hr AskACroc-KidsTasteGood 5
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Uzi 68,415
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 1 hr NITiN 19
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 15 hr Mister Tonka 97,562
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 10:11PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••