Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 43,142)

Showing posts 862,821 - 862,840 of1,073,396
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Ted Nugent thinking about running for president

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-poli...

Hi, I'm Ted Nugent. I have nine children from seven women, and I'm running for president.”

the perfect Republican candidate.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Stolen valor from a draft dodger
And yet cons pray to a guy like Limbaugh....

... or even Romney.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Selective Fundamentalism in North Carolina

Something tells me the North Carolina legislators who suddenly (in order, it seems, to prevent the kind of protests their brethren in Texas are encountering) popped a let’s-shut-down-the-abortion clinics bill onto unrelated legislation would not see the irony in their choice of a Shariah Law bill as the vehicle. Yes, having resolved to protect the Tar Heel State from the entirely imaginary threat of Islamic theocracy, the solons figured they’d show the world what home-grown theocracy looked like.

Maybe I’m exaggerating a bit here, but the belief of many antichoice activists that they are engaged in “spiritual warfare” against demonic hordes promoting rebellion against the Ordinances of the Almighty is pretty hard to ignore. As we speak the Wingnutosphere is aflame with allegations that pro-choice protestors in Texas are chanting “Hail Satan” to counter the hymn-singing of the pro-life godly. Once again, an appreciation of irony is not a strong suit for conservative activists.

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/political-an...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
My intense interest in history didn't blossom until my college years.
How many history books did you read when you were 10 years old?
You are too judgmental for your own good.
REALLY? It's one of your worst subjects here son.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's based on simple perception and observation. The liberal media more than likely would have vilified a white man after being killed as the perpetrator because they slant the news in the direction of their bias every single time - just like they did in this black on "white" Hispanic case.
And Lily tags right along every single time.
Surely, you can see this even with blurred vision.
Clearly... it's your opinion.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
So when Zimmerman is found guilty will you adhere to their findings..Somehow I think not. You are extremely phony and a habitual liar even to yourself. Totally transparent.

I once got a lot of flack from my fellow conservatives for blaming Zimmerman at the onset for leaving his house with a gun and was the sweetheart of the liberals for doing so.

Now, there's more evidence and my only concern has always been it went to trial.

Even if Zimmerman left his house and his car, it was Trayvon who approached and attacked Zimmerman. He could have stayed hidden or went home as fast as he could.

That part simply can't be ignored.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Note Carol has not yet listed a history book she has read?
Listed two, and received a comical internet response :-)
Noted and shown you hadn't read a history book you listed.

Time to move on Leo, your OCD is showing again and marks you every time.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Cute Kid Note Of The Day: 9-Year-Old's Honest Opinion Of Fox News
The left column of today's cute kid note has a standout punchline.
Title: Fantasy vs. Reality
Author: Alex
Mom says: Alex wrote the note for a school assignment last year. "He really calls things as he sees them," she notes.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/05/cute...
a 9 year old is more well informed than 3 million FOXbots.
At 9 years old, those are his parents opinion.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
If there’s one thing Fox “News” conservatives are good at, it’s finding new ways to blame President Obama for their own party’s policies. This 4th of July was no different.
This time around, Fox Republicans are blaming Obama for the financial hits from the Republican sequester that Obama kept telling Republicans would be a very bad thing and should not be allowed to stand. And note the racial resentment cherry on top of Fox Nation’s headline.“Obama Spends $100M on African Trip But Cancels Marines’ July 4th Fireworks.”
Just how disingenuous of a title is that for the AP story? Well, in the story it clearly spells out that the boom is gone because of budget cuts and furloughed fireworks. Who is to blame? The AP says,“The failure in Washington to follow up a 2011 budget pact with additional spending cuts meant $85 billion across-the-board cuts that began in March. Budgets tightened, the military took a major hit and many federal workers absorbed pay cuts through forced furloughs.”
It is Republicans in the House who refuse to begin the process of budget reconciliation, so… that leaves a finger pointing right at Republicans unless you work at Fox “News”. President Obama has been warning the nation about the then impending sequester since at least February.
Even Speaker John Boehner admits that President Obama didn’t want the sequester cuts. We got here because Republicans refused to raise the debt ceiling to pay for their spending. The threat of sequester be added into the Budget Act of 2011 in order to force both sides to compromise when the time came. The time came, and Republicans refused to compromise — or rather, Speaker Boehner couldn’t get his Tea Party caucus to compromise with the Speaker’s own proposals. House Republicans refused to raise a dime of revenue.
And here we are, still waiting for House Republicans to be willing to sit down with the Senate to begin budget reconciliation because- oh, they cared so much about the budget, they cared so much that they had to bring this country to her knees and ruin her credit. But now that the budget depends upon them, meh. Budget schmudget. Did you hear about Obama’s Africa trip? IRS! Benghazi!
Nowhere in this story did the AP mention Obama’s Africa trip, which by the way was not a vacation, and that $100 million number is an estimate off of a Washington Post story based on the Secret Service’s estimate of previous president’s trips which claimed that it could cost between $60 and $100 million. Furthermore, although it’s the meme of the moment for the jingoistic Republicans, all presidents’ trips to Africa are expensive. First Lady Laura Bush went five times, and even took a safari.
If anyone canceled the fireworks, it is House Republicans, many of whom championed sequestration for years before they actually managed to make it happen in what they called a victory.
This is what happens when a party doesn’t really stand for anything but stirring up anger and resentment at Others. Eventually, they’re left holding nothing other than decaying turds of transparently empty and willfully ignorant rage now known as their “platform”.
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/07/05/fox-in...
I guess teabagger favorite Scott Walker hasn't been Taxed Enough Already either:

Scott Walker signs abortion bill; providers quickly sue

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/ab...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama publicly called for Mubarak to step down.
That's meddling, particularly when it comes from the biggest bully on the block.
Oh.... like Reagan telling Gorbachev to tear down this wall?

interesting..
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Total bullshit! You're beginning to see things the way you've wanted to see them all along. Because Rachel Jeantel has a deficiency in reading & comprehension, her testimony is null & void? Bullshit! Her timeline of the events from that night syncs perfectly with the time span of the phone calls. When Jeantel's story has inconsistencies, she's lying! When Zimmerman's story has inconsistencies, he was filling in the blanks, huh! Zimmerman has already been proven a liar numerous times. The prosecutor's witnesses seem to be trying to blow the case. The medical examiner was led straight into a lie. You get shot in your heart, trust me you're not moving at all &, you won't live for longer than 2 mins tops. He recanted on his statement that you can't move after being shot and the heart. You claim Trayvon should've kept going home. He was caught 20-30 yards from his house, proof he was on his way but, if someone stalking me got too close, I'm going to confront them too. You're not going to catch me with my back turned. Like I've always said," I hope Zimmerman gets off. He got a price on his head & the streets is hungry. Justice will be sought whether, the streets or the system. Either way it's gon be a life sentence!
Jantel stated Trayvon told her that he was in the backyard of the house his father was staying at which was at the other end of sidewalk.

Why did he go back down to the junction?

Get over the race thing. Trayvon's parents ditched it when no racist remarks from Zimmerman was noted; however, Jantel stated that Trayvon called Z a "crazy ass cracker."

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
The God of the Christian Bible is the one true God, Christians know this because the Bible tells them so.
And isn't that their prerogative in a free country?

It's okay with you if Muslims believe Allah is the one true God though based on your selective tolerance, right?

Jiminy Cricket, Tenzing. You really are blind as a bat. And your intolerant bias is quite concerning.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>If you had a brain you deranged idiot, you would NOT be assliçking...Waxman you stupid dumbass...
LMFAO... Itasca, IL
It's the culture...
Thanks. The idiot thinks everyone is Waxman! Can you imagine having that person in your family?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Clearly... it's your opinion.
This is an opinion.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
...and in the Senate?
Addressed in a subsequent post.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
Waxturds meltdown in progress.
No, I am not "No Surprise" either, however his describing you as deranged, might be a word I will begin using for you, idiot. It fits well!

Everyone's a Waxman!

Baawwaaahhhh!!!!

You are an idiot.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
At 9 years old, those are his parents opinion.
How many times has the LEFT been caught hiding behind the kids to make political statements now?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Funny How Intolerant Right-Wingers Leap to Decry Intolerance

http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiwert/funny...
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess teabagger favorite Scott Walker hasn't been Taxed Enough Already either:
Scott Walker signs abortion bill; providers quickly sue
http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/ab...
You still here telling your "half" truths? Go outside and do something. No wonder you on the left are so miserable. You do nothing but sit at your computer all day "fighting for your cause" (to mooch off others).

At least you seem more sane than the others who are also paranoid idiots.

Go outside. Leave the computer!

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Post again this this should be interesting :-)
Better yet, I'll just let that be your homework today.

I always taught my students research skills were much more important than memory skills or someone else doing the research for them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 862,821 - 862,840 of1,073,396
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

109 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 min TRD 67,556
Amy 7-14 4 min Toj 5
Abby 7-14 8 min pde 6
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 15 min not a ghost 4,490
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 17 min not a ghost 1,408
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 18 min not a ghost 410
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min Learn to Read 173,795
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info