Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1382549 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#939450 Jul 7, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Under your standard, Civil Service should be abolished and all government jobs should be political.
it was and they were. from 2001 to 2009.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#939451 Jul 7, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler was democratically elected.
That does not grant a license for genocide.
He was?

I think you need to review your history.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#939452 Jul 7, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
The illogical leap you make is their opposition to a military coup of a democratically elected President and suspending support to that military in accordance with existing law somehow translates to support of that President's party.
Are you really that dumb?
The Egyptian protestors are blaming Obama for the oppressive treatment by the Muslim Brotherhood due to his support for the group in the last election.

Obama is currently claiming to support no one.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#939453 Jul 7, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not what they "profess", for the most part I'm in complete agreement. Its the actions that reveal the hypocrisy that gets my goat.
They're liars just like the rest of the right, "advocates" of less government who instead grow government at every turn.
I've been posting examples of their big government proclivities for a couple of days now.
So the right dug in on the Senate immigration bill, they dug in to the tune of an additional $30 billion for border security.
That's NOT less government.
It should be interesting the next round what conservatives believe should be cut.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#939454 Jul 7, 2013
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever Carol!!
Hey, if you think calling me Carol is cause for me to get all butt hurt you are mistaken.

You don't know my name do you? A may be another Carol or Lily or ....
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#939455 Jul 7, 2013
I not A

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#939456 Jul 7, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I just find it strange that you are so anti-marriage and find no common good for having these laws.
Its strange to want the government to abide by its own rules? Most marriage laws fly in the face of the equal protection clause. If they can't even follow their own rules maybe that's a game they shouldn't play.

Stick with me here:

Bob can marry Sue but Bob cannot marry Gary.

The only difference between Sue and Gary is gender.

Therefore the government is discriminating on the basis of gender, something they specifically outlaw in a variety of civil rights laws and court decisions.

So, my solution is that the government shouldn't be involved in positions that force them to violate their own laws.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#939457 Jul 7, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
What other surgical procedures comparable to abortion are "routinely performed in clinics"?
And don't give us that "lancing a boil" crap.
Abortions should be performed in hospital outpatient clinics.
Why don't we let the medical community decide that instead of a bunch of Texas right-wing legislators?

Better yet, why don't we let the patient decide if they want to go to a hospital, a surgical clinic, or a walk-in clinic.

Can't do that, that'd be the less government approach y'all are so offended by.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#939458 Jul 7, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler was democratically elected.
That does not grant a license for genocide.
Morsi was trying to move the judicial system to his Islamic favor pulling hanky-panky in many ways. This is where he was making enemies real fast. It came back to bite him.

Morsi has about as much respect for democracy as the Magic Negro does.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#939459 Jul 7, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
What other surgical procedures comparable to abortion are "routinely performed in clinics"?
And don't give us that "lancing a boil" crap.
Abortions should be performed in hospital outpatient clinics.
Besides, who are we fooling?

You know as well as I do this subterfuge serves only to advance the christian right's opposition to abortion. Not even worth arguing over.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#939461 Jul 7, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Its strange to want the government to abide by its own rules? Most marriage laws fly in the face of the equal protection clause. If they can't even follow their own rules maybe that's a game they shouldn't play.
Stick with me here:
Bob can marry Sue but Bob cannot marry Gary.
The only difference between Sue and Gary is gender.
Therefore the government is discriminating on the basis of gender, something they specifically outlaw in a variety of civil rights laws and court decisions.
So, my solution is that the government shouldn't be involved in positions that force them to violate their own laws.
This is a claim yet to be acknowledged by courts.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#939462 Jul 7, 2013
Whoops, sorry about the above post -copied more than intended to.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#939463 Jul 7, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Interpretation: you'd rather have an incompetent Affirmative Action guy ruin America and America's world status than to have a qualified President run things any day.
Stupid is, Stupid does.
Here we go, another racist f*ck who thinks the only way a black man gets into Columbia & Harvard is through alternative action.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#939464 Jul 7, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You were the moron claiming the law was forcing abortion clinics into the hospital which was NOT supported by your article.
Is this another straw man trying to deflect from your misstatement/LIE?
I don't know how you got so confused, maybe you should've just stayed out of the discussion.

Nobama's not having any trouble keeping up.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#939465 Jul 7, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
No you didn't so the onus is yours.
With no prompting, you made the original comment with absolutely nothing to substantiate it.

Its obvious now that you cannot support your claim.

I knew it was BS all along, most of your posts are.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#939466 Jul 7, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The Egyptian protestors are blaming Obama for the oppressive treatment by the Muslim Brotherhood due to his support for the group in the last election.
Obama is currently claiming to support no one.


You are a liar.

Obama never supported Morsi or the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt's election.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#939467 Jul 7, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The Egyptian protestors are blaming Obama for the oppressive treatment by the Muslim Brotherhood due to his support for the group in the last election.
Obama is currently claiming to support no one.
This in no way proves he and McCain are supporting the associates of the democratically elected President of Egypt.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#939468 Jul 7, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>It should be interesting the next round what conservatives believe should be cut.
Well, we can be certain it won't have anything to do with cutting Defense or subsidies for oil and agri-business.
The Elephant in the Room

Meridian, MS

#939469 Jul 7, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar.
Obama never supported Morsi or the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt's election.
US Zionist - Muslim Brotherhood relation ship (John McCain)
Watch:

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#939470 Jul 7, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a claim yet to be acknowledged by courts.
Wow, its almost inspirational the level of respect you have for the infallibility of the government.

The government has engaged in MANY practices that were subsequently ruled illegal or illegitimate, it just hasn't happened in this case yet.

You don't see how they're violating their own law by discriminating on the basis of gender?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Rogue Scholar 05 214,292
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr Raydot 1,498
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr CrunchyBacon 101,938
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Into The Night 59,459
last post wins! (Dec '10) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 2,034
last post wins! (Apr '13) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 976
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 4 hr PEllen 2,405
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages