Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#938797 Jul 5, 2013
been there9 wrote:
<quoted text>President Obama has appointed Michael Taylor and ex-Monsanto CEO to oversee our Ag Dept. I am a radical anti GMO advocate and have been on Topix here for several years. I'm extremely disappointed in the Democrats and just as appalled by the so called Republican crazies that have managed to keep everyone distracted while they allow Obama to implement the policies they helped create.
And what policies would that be? You can't get away with throwing grenades and then hiding on here. Unless that's what you do on all threads.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#938798 Jul 5, 2013
been there9 wrote:
<quoted text>President Obama has appointed Michael Taylor and ex-Monsanto CEO to oversee our Ag Dept. I am a radical anti GMO advocate and have been on Topix here for several years. I'm extremely disappointed in the Democrats and just as appalled by the so called Republican crazies that have managed to keep everyone distracted while they allow Obama to implement the policies they helped create.
What's your problem with disease-resistant seeds that produce superior crops?

Are you also "gluten-free"?

Have peanut allergies?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#938799 Jul 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama meddled in Egypt's internal affairs, and look at the results.
I guess when you ringers lie day in day out it all starts to look like the truth. Obama had nothing to do with Egypt except prop up whomever is in government as long as they remain loyal to the US. This goes back to way beyond Obama's administration and dates back to the 70's after they got pounded by Israel. So when the brotherhood was elected democratically, what did you expect the US to say ??? Go back and have another go ? I mean there are millions of Americans right now regretting that they had anything to do with the tea party and electing some of those clowns. It made the whole congress dysfunctional. Well breaking news!!! thats exactly what happened in Egypt. The government was not governing so the ppl got fed up. One thing I can promise you, NO tea party dick-head will ever be elected again in the US after the experience gained in the past few years.
Tonto 2

Montréal, Canada

#938800 Jul 5, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you're going to spit on the graves of those who died to save the union and end the institution of slavery too?
You have no shame. Because you have no conscience.
It's time for you to start reading some books on forgiveness and letting go of the past - and check out a few books about moving on too.
You'll be a better person for it.
You would know, white woman.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#938801 Jul 5, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you're going to spit on the graves of those who died to save the union and end the institution of slavery too?
It's time for you to start reading some books on forgiveness and letting go of the past - and check out a few books about moving on too.
With all due respect, Carol, don't let yourself get sucked in by a phony, a Ghost in drag.

“Blood Type B - Attitude B +”

Since: Mar 08

Felton California

#938802 Jul 5, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
To what extent do we EVER know the whole story?
We don't. But making a stab at fixing perceived wrongs is both a right and an obligation. How often do people in power use the "State Secrets" BS on the citizens who ask questions? Often. VERY often.
With this administration, arguably more than ever.
To many different extents we can at least keep peeling back the layers. All I said is that one of the ways of getting to the bigger picture is by not approaching all topics with a preconceived notion that we have the whole picture. Are you perceiving somehow that I was defending the use of domestic spying on citizens? Not sure where you are coming from in your response shinning.

Orlando, FL

#938803 Jul 5, 2013
Tonto 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You eradicated my people to build your Disneyworld. You are nothing and have contributed nothing. Soon, anyone in your bloodline will be brown or black. There are not enough George Zimmerman's to prevent this. So... you must accept the inevitable. You built it, you broke it, you own it. Enjoy.
You are a friggin' drama queen, kemosabe.

Welcome to the 21st century and the world of modern conveniences and cars and iPods and computers and even fun parks that we built for you.

As well as the freedom to enjoy them.

Wish we could deport you.
Tonto 2

Montréal, Canada

#938805 Jul 5, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
So... white eyes... it better if Tonto have 'shame?' Tonto not eradicate white people, other way round. What Tonto got feel ashamed about? Not supporting you?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#938806 Jul 5, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess when you ringers lie day in day out it all starts to look like the truth. Obama had nothing to do with Egypt except prop up whomever is in government as long as they remain loyal to the US. This goes back to way beyond Obama's administration and dates back to the 70's after they got pounded by Israel. So when the brotherhood was elected democratically, what did you expect the US to say ??? Go back and have another go ? I mean there are millions of Americans right now regretting that they had anything to do with the tea party and electing some of those clowns. It made the whole congress dysfunctional. Well breaking news!!! thats exactly what happened in Egypt. The government was not governing so the ppl got fed up. One thing I can promise you, NO tea party dick-head will ever be elected again in the US after the experience gained in the past few years.
Obama ordered Mubarak to leave, paving the way for the genocidal Muslim Brotherhood.

The Tea Party was not involved in any way.
Tonto 2

Montréal, Canada

#938807 Jul 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect, Carol, don't let yourself get sucked in by a phony, a Ghost in drag.
Didn't stop you, did it?... Lover...
Tonto 2

Montréal, Canada

#938808 Jul 5, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a friggin' drama queen, kemosabe.
Welcome to the 21st century and the world of modern conveniences and cars and iPods and computers and even fun parks that we built for you.
As well as the freedom to enjoy them.
Wish we could deport you.
For God's sake, woman, Kemo Sabe is TWO words!!!! It means... dummy, or... asshole or something like that... Plus, it's a proper noun and you have to CAPITALIZE it. Sheesh! And, yes, I spit on graves all the time, BECAUSE THEY"RE DEAD!!!! DUMMY! They don't care!!! They're GONE!!!! The symbolism is ALL YOURS!!!
Tonto 2

Montréal, Canada

#938810 Jul 5, 2013
Tonto never been to "Fun Park." Tonto never WILL be at "Fun Park." "Fun Park" another phrase for, 600 acres of wetlands destroyed so white European American dummies can take fat children to ride on stupid things they not have to work to build. Any questions?
Tonto 2

Montréal, Canada

#938811 Jul 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama ordered Mubarak to leave, paving the way for the genocidal Muslim Brotherhood.
The Tea Party was not involved in any way.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah. .. who cares?

Orlando, FL

#938816 Jul 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Saint Trayvon should have been home with his Mommy going to school...except he got kicked out of school for being a gangsta.
Stop feeling sorry for a punk whose poor decisions led to a downward spiral and whose parents didn't give a shit.
If Zimmerman is telling the truth, Trayvon was determined to kill him that night and even told him so.

But if Zimmerman had stayed in his house or his car, Trayvon would not have been able to attack him and he'd still be alive.

Whether Zimmerman is telling the truth has yet to be determined by the evidence and a jury who is hearing all the evidence.

However, a lot of teenagers lose their way and make mistakes but overcome them and eventually become responsible adults.

You can't judge a young person so easily or justify their death based on their actions at any given time. Zimmerman may have been perceived as the threat and stalking him.

If unwise decisions made out of anger or stupid actions are a reason for a young person to die, there'd be a lot of grownups who would have deserved to die too as a young person.

If Trayvon was, in fact, trying to kill Zimmerman that night, Zimmerman had no choice but to act in self defense.

I'm going to wait and let the jury decide.

Orlando, FL

#938817 Jul 5, 2013
Tonto 2 wrote:
Tonto never been to "Fun Park." Tonto never WILL be at "Fun Park." "Fun Park" another phrase for, 600 acres of wetlands destroyed so white European American dummies can take fat children to ride on stupid things they not have to work to build. Any questions?
You do realize civilization has modernized in countries all around the world?

Actually, maybe you don't.

You should move to the Middle East. They haven't caught up yet there either. Still holding a grudge and living in the past.
Tonto 2

Montréal, Canada

#938818 Jul 5, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
If Zimmerman is telling the truth, Trayvon was determined to kill him that night and even told him so.
But if Zimmerman had stayed in his house or his car, Trayvon would not have been able to attack him and he'd still be alive.
Whether Zimmerman is telling the truth has yet to be determined by the evidence and a jury who is hearing all the evidence.
However, a lot of teenagers lose their way and make mistakes but overcome them and eventually become responsible adults.
You can't judge a young person so easily or justify their death based on their actions at any given time. Zimmerman may have been perceived as the threat and stalking him.
If unwise decisions made out of anger or stupid actions are a reason for a young person to die, there'd be a lot of grownups who would have deserved to die too as a young person.
If Trayvon was, in fact, trying to kill Zimmerman that night, Zimmerman had no choice but to act in self defense.
I'm going to wait and let the jury decide.
Well, Tonto projecting here, but he think that means you're going to shut up about the Obama Presidency until it's over. Right? You know, rule of law and all that stuff...

Orlando, FL

#938819 Jul 5, 2013
Tonto 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
For God's sake, woman, Kemo Sabe is TWO words!!!! It means... dummy, or... asshole or something like that... Plus, it's a proper noun and you have to CAPITALIZE it. Sheesh! And, yes, I spit on graves all the time, BECAUSE THEY"RE DEAD!!!! DUMMY! They don't care!!! They're GONE!!!! The symbolism is ALL YOURS!!!
Looked it up because I've never had reason to spell it before now.

It can be spelled both ways.
Tonto 2

Montréal, Canada

#938820 Jul 5, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize civilization has modernized in countries all around the world?
Actually, maybe you don't.
You should move to the Middle East. They haven't caught up yet there either. Still holding a grudge and living in the past.
Well... realistically... if the choices are the Middle East and an American "Fun Park,"... are there any other options?

Orlando, FL

#938821 Jul 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Was just getting ready to wash my hands of him.

He can be someone else's soufflé that flattened.
Tonto 2

Montréal, Canada

#938822 Jul 5, 2013
But I confess I can see the attraction of a Mouseketeers World in Dubai, I mean, where else? Yes, a shining city on a hill of sand is what I see too whenever I hear that phrase... Give it up, kids. Wherever there are people there is disease, death, and disorder. Haven't you all overlooked the obvious? We're the enemy. Don't you get it? Yeah... we're the Indians... literally. The rest of the planet is the cavalry. Get it? No?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 11 min KiMare 51,291
Jackie Robinson Little League 23 min very disappointed 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 34 min IBdaMann 49,324
amy 12-26 1 hr RACE 3
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr PEllen 98,884
abby 12-26 1 hr RACE 3
Chicago police stop black motorists more, ACLU ... 2 hr Big Red 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance