Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 43,093)

Showing posts 861,841 - 861,860 of1,033,029
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

President Dilbert--Obama the Empty Suit

The left began to drift towards this profound silliness decades ago.

FDR, for example, freely acknowledged that he had no real plan to fix the nation's economic distress. His treasury secretary, Henry Morgenthau, six years into the New Deal, freely admitted to the House Ways and Means Committee that:

"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work. And I have just one interest, and if I am wrong ... somebody else can have my job. I want to see this country prosperous. I want to see people get a job. I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promises[.]... I say after eight years of this administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started...[a]nd an enormous debt to boot!"

What is memorable about FDR is his rhetoric and not his substance, and that rhetoric has been made memorable because of the fawning attention of biased historians.

Ask someone who lived through the Depression about FDR, and he will likely recall his "fireside chats," in which FDR said nothing, really -- but HE SOUNDED GOOD doing it.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Russian President Vladimir Putin said Monday that if fugitive leaker Edward Snowden wants to stay in his country, he must stop "damaging our American partners."

Putin said that Russia will not hand over Snowden to U.S. authorities but suggested the former National
American foreign policy success

Security Agency contractor should figure out where he wants to end up and go there.
“If he likes to stay here there is one condition:
he should cease his work aimed at damaging our American partners......No matter how strange it will sound from me,"

Putin told reporters, adding that he didn't think Snowden would stop.

Snowden — who left the U.S. before he leaked top-secret details of U.S. surveillance programs and was charged with espionage — abandoned Hong Kong for Moscow eight days ago.Putin said that Snowden is “not a Russian agent” and is not working with Russian intelligence services.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Obama, the Empty Suit

The same was true of other leftist icons.

What, for example, did JFK do? He said a lot, but he failed in almost everything he did -- his tax cuts being an exception -- and even his rhetoric was all impression and emotion, which is why Americans who heard the Nixon-Kennedy debates on radio thought Nixon clobbered Kennedy, but those who saw the two on television judged Kennedy the winner.

Kennedy -- the whole "Camelot" mystique -- was just that: mystique.

He had a glamorous wife whom he cheated on constantly; Kennedy was a serial adulterer, and recently we learned that he had sex with an underage intern, whom JFK tried to get to use drugs. He practiced the worst sort of nepotism placing the Department of Justice under his brother; his war record, which could have been considered dereliction of duty, was magically transformed into heroism.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I read this right before turning off my computer last night. Thought about it again before going to sleep and had to chuckle again - half asleep.
I'd love to watch 350 Million Americans begin to barter for their healthcare. The Magic Negro would have a Hissy-Fit trying to collect taxes.

He'd have to cancel his Africa Vacations AND the White House Tours.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Try to keep up with events?
Jane Says wrote:
President Dilbert
The most glaring fact about our president is that he is an empty suit.
The people around him are also empty suits. They believe in nothing, really, but unearned luxury, unmerited adulation, and unaccountable power. Those whom we have come to call "leftists" are in fact nothing but nihilists, and we flatter them when we presume that they value anything beyond their vanities, their avarice, and their selfishness.
When tragedy strikes, like in the Boston bombing, these empty suits can look and act appropriately somber and serious, but it is all for show, and the intended audience are Americans who have been carefully cultivated into creatures who emote in response to momentary appearances but who cannot think clearly or remember the past.
Putin said that Russia will not hand over Snowden to U.S. authorities but suggested the former National American foreign policy success Security Agency contractor should figure out where he wants to end up and go there.*

“If he likes to stay here there is one condition: he should cease his work aimed at damaging our American partners......No matter how strange it will sound from me,"
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, just when did Homer become such a big Bush fan?
Since he has been out of office and can do no more damage. I believe everyone deserves a second chance.

Now just answer the fcking question:

Good under Bush, bad under Obama?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
...The ones with a war on women, a war on gays, a war on the unemployed, a war on the poor, a war on immigrants.
What Arab country are you trying to describe here?

By the way, the only "war" on the unemployed is to make them get off their lazy asses and get a job. You're right. It just might take a war to do that.

There are no poor people in the United States.
A poor person doesn't have a hundred hours of tatoo work on them.
A poor person doesn't have the money to buy booze, drugs, stolen guns, etc., etc., etc.
A poor person doesn't have a mobile phone.

And, billion dollar drug cartels don't sell drugs in poor neighborhoods because -- you might need to write this down, idiot -- there isn't any money in poor neighborhoods.

Fuck the so-called poor. Get a fucking job... or starve.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

President Dilbert

Clinton, another leftist "success story," was just as much a failure.

His lying was so ubiquitous that leftists actually began to opine about the virtue in society of lying.

Clinton repeatedly promised the people of Arkansas that he would not run for president, yet he did.

He managed to be disbarred for lying in federal court (while he was president!), and Clinton angrily turned to news cameras and told the American people that he did not have sex with Monica Lewinsky.

Now we have in the White House the logical successor to FDR, JFK, and Slick Willie Clinton:

Only now has Obama finally presented a real budget, which he was required by law to do years ago.

He still has no real plan to deal with the very dire threat of a crazy nuclear North Korea or a viciously anti-Semitic nuclear Iran.

Even his "policy" of stimulus spending is a HEADLESS CHICKEN: Obama honestly seems to believe that simply government spending money helps the economy.

The real Obama is profoundly unserious. His wife appears in gossip magazines or gives advice, as she did in February, about how to diet...

while Obama opines about serious issues, like when he projected last month who would be the NCAA Four Final basketball teams.

Obama seems almost obsessed with the vacuous, the vapid, and the venal.

OBAMA IS THE DILBERT PRESIDENT: the meaningless meanderer in national life, the automaton who cannot function without a teleprompter.

Barack Hussein Obama is an empty suit, but he grew up idolizing the other empty suits which the left has placed in the White House. In fairness, the RINO presidents from Nixon and Ford to Bush and Bush have been little better than empty suits.

Why, in 2004, after he had been out of office for 15 years and out of public sight almost as long, did millions of Americans wait long hours for a last chance to pass by the body of Ronald Reagan for a few brief moments?

Because these Americans knew what the media flacks who fawn over Obama today do not know: EMPTY SUITS CANNOT LEAD.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/04/the_ta...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Coup in Egypt looks underway.
Perhaps the coup will expose Obama's complicity in installing the Muslim Brotherhood instead of democratic forces.

Since: Nov 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

17 million Egyptians protest Obama's Muslim Brotherhood installation in Egypt via CIA.

Yes, the same Obama who was against America (and Bush) meddling in other countries affairs!

See? Liberals are brain dead hypocrites!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
2 reasons why you couldn't possibly get brainwashed:
1.) No brain
2.) If you DID have a brain, only a firehose enema would suffice for brainwashing.
lol! "If you have no links or examples to offer then be a good consumer and go watch TV, airhead." - shinningelectr0n
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Bush and the “Objective Historians”

George W. Bush made a curious comment on how his presidency will be judged:

I won’t be around, because it will take a while for the objective historians to show up [bold mine-DL].

I’m not sure that there are ever any entirely objective historians, so it may take a very long time for them to appear on the scene. What I assume Bush means here is that he expects that there will be more historians in the future that aren’t interested in criticizing his record as harshly as his contemporaries have done. That may be true. However, I suspect that Bush’s presidency will tend to look worse as the years go by. There will be fewer people in every generation inclined to defend his genuinely awful record, and there will probably be a clearer picture of the consequences of Bush’s failures in another twenty or thirty years than we have now. Contemporary pro-Bush revisionism is a blatantly partisan and ideological exercise carried out by those that supported Bush or worked for his administration, but in the future there will be very few people interested in taking up the cause of rehabilitating his reputation. Future historians may not be more “fair” in their assessment of Bush’s legacy than his contemporaries, since the bad reputations of leaders perceived as failures usually don’t change or improve over time.

It’s also strange to think that “history” judges the actions of political leaders more fairly than their contemporaries when almost all of the sources that future historians will be consulting have been created by contemporaries. An unbiased future historian is just as likely to discount pro-Bush accounts of this period as self-justifying propaganda as he is to reject hyperbolic criticisms of the Bush presidency. That will leave the facts of what the Bush administration did during its eight years in power, and on the whole the evidence shows a record of bad judgment, mismanagement, incompetence, and failure. It’s impossible to know what the U.S. will look like in a century or two from now, but it seems unlikely that it will be a country that is more sympathetic to Bush’s preoccupations and more understanding of Bush’s decisions than we are.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, her 1st line was pretty damn good. Mornin, homer
Well I suppose from your perspective. Afternoon Eman.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Turn coat

US intelligence leaker Edward Snowden has applied to Russia for political asylum, Russian officials say, however the Kremlin has made no comment.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And yet, it doesn't change the FACT that cons upgraded Alinsky's rules son.
If it's Alinsky's rule, then it's your rule too!
Funny how that works out....
Keep working on that delivery, boy. Who knows? One day someone might actually think you, yourself, believe what comes out of your mouth.

Now, let me help your treasonous fraud ass pack.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is Muslims, not Arabs.
Creepy-ass cracker Dumbass Dave doesn't know the difference.
You really need to tell that yto your right whiner friends.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

John Galt wrote:
Former CNN morning show host Soledad O’Brien, the stupidest woman ever to graduate from Harvard, will be joining Al Jazeera America as a special correspondent, the network announced Monday.
O’Brien will contribute short-form segments to Al Jazeera America’s current affairs magazine program “America Tonight,” and her production company Starfish Media Group will produce hourlong documentary specials.
“O’Brien’s career producing and reporting on the human side of many of the most important stories of the past decade will fit in perfectly with what Al Jazeera America will be covering every day,” Ehab Al Shihabi, executive director of Al Jazeera’s international operations and the senior executive developing the new channel, said in a statement.“Her dedication to that type of journalism is what makes it so exciting to announce that she and her production company are joining the Al Jazeera America team.”
In this, the Boy Messiah Era, Stupidity Pays.

Just look at all the Liberal New Hires.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how when it comes to your right whine types, there are different groups of Arabs out there.
But when it comes o other things, all Arabs are terrorists.
You dickweeds should really make up your mind here.
Well, dickweed, everyone who pays attention to factual events in the world knows half of Egypt aren't terrorists. The problem is, the terrorists control the government.... well, the Egyptian military is giving them 48 hours to become civilized or get slaughtered.
You really don't have a clue what goes on in the world outside your indoctrination sessions, do you?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Sonic was cherry picking years, didn't bush have the highest approval rating of any president at some point?
Yes, in 2001 it was 90%, after 9/11, by 2008 it was 25%, was it any/much higher when he left office?

I wonder what happened from 2001 to 2008 for his approval to drop 65 points? Poor leadership? Bad policies? Homer ponders.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't three of them have an 'accidental' fall from a helicopter in flight?
20 are dead today.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 861,841 - 861,860 of1,033,029
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

72 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 min Mister Tonka 96,067
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 13 min KiMare 47,027
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 37 min Eric 65,059
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 48 min Grand Birther 167,453
Obama and Hillary's Just Dessert? 56 min josphd 3
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 58 min josphd 7,547
Abby 4-14 1 hr cheluzal 54
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance