Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#937393 Jul 3, 2013
Waiting for Eman to catch up.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#937394 Jul 3, 2013
We're to here now.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#937395 Jul 3, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting, hadn't heard of one that preceeded "Dreams..."!
Thx for posting it again (I know, how bad not to scroll back and look at every blahblahdatabyte that floats around on Torpicks at times!:-)..)
How did you make out at the mental clinics I provided earlier? Other than 'blahblahdatabyte' it appears you got some benefit.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#937396 Jul 3, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe we should call it "regulating" abortion. The loony left wingers love regulations.
Careful, Obama may have yet another extra legal regulation coming soon.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#937397 Jul 3, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Okay, if that's what you call proficiently, then fine. I was in 9th grade for 3 months before I was expelled from school. I went back 15 years later & got my GED. If they can't read or write, that's on them. I have sons &, they need help with school work. Why would I sit here lying about my life. I could tell you everything about me & you still wouldn't know me. My whole point is, understanding & seeing the life is different from living it! I lived it, I know it like the back of my hand. As for those dude that can't read or write elementary school English, tell them there's adult education centers across America & it is never too late!
Here! Here!(Applause)
Whatever

Gering, NE

#937398 Jul 3, 2013
The Associated Press &#8207;

BREAKING: Egypt's military chief suspends Islamist-backed constitution, says new Cabinet to be formed
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#937399 Jul 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
Technically since Obama's mother was a U.S. citizen does it even matter where he was born?
Technically-when it comes to the reqs for POTUS of the USA, yes, it would.
Mostly because the reqs for POTUS did not actually involve the residential status of his mother, as she was not the one running for the office of.
No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.
Geez Homer. It's pretty simply stated...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#937400 Jul 3, 2013
Americans have mixed feelings about the Supreme Court's latest rulings, with a majority disapproving of its opinion on the Voting Rights Act, but in favor of two pro-gay marriage opinions, according to an ABC/Washington Post poll released Wednesday.

Just a third said they agree with the court's decision to strike down part of the Voting Rights Act, while 51 percent disagreed.

Knowledge about, and disapproval of, the VRA decision was especially high among African Americans, 71 percent of whom expressed disagreement with the ruling. Just 3 percent were undecided, while 16 percent of all adults had no opinion.

Other racial groups, however, also disapproved: Hispanic Americans disagreed by 50 percent while 40 percent agreed, and whites disagreed by 48 to 33 percent.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/03/supr...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#937401 Jul 3, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Slowly? Haha...come on Homer, we've know it's been coming since the Supreme Court decision. The problem is that the law is such a piece of sht, no one knows how to implement it. I've been part of the meetings between companies and insurance agents. They don't even know how to determine an employee count under the law. It's a mess!
Morsi never had a chance to implement his oppressive agenda. He should've agreed to a 1-year implementation delay to fool everyone.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#937402 Jul 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>How did you make out at the mental clinics I provided earlier? Other than 'blahblahdatabyte' it appears you got some benefit.
How did you make out at these clinics you recommended?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#937403 Jul 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends upon the definition of natural-born citizen.
Your position makes Ted Cruz eligible.
Depends on who was the run running for office.

And it was NOT Obama's mother.

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez zzzzzzzzzzzzzuh.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#937404 Jul 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>How did you make out at the mental clinics I provided earlier? Other than 'blahblahdatabyte' it appears you got some benefit.
Fine, not sure how they feel they did though , bless they hearts lol.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#937405 Jul 3, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The ACA was designed to be a baby steps program with plenty of room for tweaks. You've known that right along___this move should come as a surprise to no one as the complications are enormous.
Consider the obstacles that Darden is running into in California due to Assembly bill 880.
"baby steps program" that's a new one. I love how you dumbasses don't even realize how stupid all your excuses sound. Stupid sheep.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#937406 Jul 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Most have stated this and the few that have worked with the president,Hagel, Snowe, Collins, Christie etc., have been vilified.
They have no desire whatsoever to reach any kind of compromise with this president. Read 99% of the posts here by rightwingers, they suggest never working with this president and obstructing everything he tries to do.
And then have the gall and the audacity to blame the president, you can't make this stuff up!
GOP: Obstructionists holding the country hostage.
I say instead of complaining about all his golf games, they should encourage more. Good things happen when he's on the golf course...point, bin laden gets killed.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#937407 Jul 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Technically-when it comes to the reqs for POTUS of the USA, yes, it would.
Mostly because the reqs for POTUS did not actually involve the residential status of his mother, as she was not the one running for the office of.
No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.
Geez Homer. It's pretty simply stated...
Well since Obama was born in Hawaii it's a moot point. Did you vote for McCain? He was born in the Panama Canal Zone. Will you vote for Ted Cruz? He was born in Canada.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#937408 Jul 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Fine, not sure how they feel they did though , bless they hearts lol.
Well you seem a little better, more coherent.

They were probably high-fiving each other right after you left.
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#937409 Jul 3, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Here! Here!(Applause)
Thanks alot!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#937410 Jul 3, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"baby steps program" that's a new one. I love how you dumbasses don't even realize how stupid all your excuses sound. Stupid sheep.
Come on, the law was signed in 2010, everyone(well almost everyone it seems) knew it was to be slowly implemented over a period of a few years.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#937411 Jul 3, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I say instead of complaining about all his golf games, they should encourage more. Good things happen when he's on the golf course...point, bin laden gets killed.
I loved it when Bush was golfing, clearing brush, vacationing in Africa, overseas massaging foreign heads of state, kissing Saudi princes, it meant he wasn't back here signing bills and/or starting more wars. Homer ever the optimist.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#937412 Jul 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I say life begins on a Sunday and ends on a Saturday.
We aren't talking about drinking time, Boner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 33 min Earthling-1 49,219
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 45 min Uzi 68,883
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 71,025
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Justice1313 51,253
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Guru 181,833
New Beach Boys song. 11 hr The Beach Boys 1
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 11 hr _Zoey_ 363
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 15 hr Ralph 98,853
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:01 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:01PM
Cowboys' Murray listed as questionable for Colts - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 8:26 AM
Report: Executives suggest Bears could have to attach a draft pick to move Cutler
Bleacher Report11:56 AM
Eagles vs. Redskins: Live Score and Analysis for Philadelphia
Yahoo! Sports 5:54 PM
Eagles playoff hopes suffer with loss to Redskins
Bleacher Report 6:14 PM
RG3 Showing Enough to Remain Starter in WSH