Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
861,001 - 861,020 of 1,099,777 Comments Last updated 2 min ago
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#937078 Jul 3, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
they do the same thing every summer.....'It's hot!'

i could watch the Weather channel.
OBAMA the GENIUS

Raleigh, NC

#937079 Jul 3, 2013
And still he beat palin and mclamme?

Plus he beat Lyin Ryan and twinkle panties?

Plus he didn't throw away the USA like your bushy boy:

JUST OUT:$6 TRILLION TOTAL COST OF IRAQ AND AFFFGANNY!!

$6 TRILLION!

ALL BORROWED BY BUSH!

6 THOUSAND BILLION DOLLARS. WOW!

to destroy a country and kill 500,000 in our names.

Should have spent that money fixing our country.

Saddam was contained.

What a waste!

From your guy: Texas red diiippppshhhhttt!
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you have a theory for Obama's Hawaiian birth, and the only thing you have to back it up is an obviously fraudulent birth certificate.
Malcom X never moved to Hawaii to organize the Communist Pary USA there where he met Obama's father and Obama's mother. That was Frank Marshal Davis.
Besides, Malcom X warned black people about the dangers of black people to black people. That's a little different than what Obama was indoctrinated with.
How about we seee these college transcripts and attendance sheets.
Or, let's just ask the people in his classes.
At Occidental his classmates describe him as a poor student.
At Columbia not one single person in his class ever met him.
Or, let's just ask the real faculty at the University of Chicago Law School what they think about Obama. They descirbe him as, and I quote, "lazy and unqualified", end quote.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#937080 Jul 3, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you have a theory for Obama's Hawaiian birth, and the only thing you have to back it up is an obviously fraudulent birth certificate.
Malcom X never moved to Hawaii to organize the Communist Pary USA there where he met Obama's father and Obama's mother. That was Frank Marshal Davis.
Besides, Malcom X warned black people about the dangers of black people to black people. That's a little different than what Obama was indoctrinated with.
Or, let's just ask the real faculty at the University of Chicago Law School what they think about Obama. They descirbe him as, and I quote, "lazy and unqualified", end quote.
lazy and unqualified describes his presidency and explains how is international policies resemble 'a weather vane flipping from hesitation to vacillation.'
Jane Says

New York, NY

#937082 Jul 3, 2013
Barack Obama, President Weathervane

'...History is unfolding in rapid fashion in the volatile Mideast, yet the only consistency in American policy is hesitation, followed by vacillation.

From Afghanistan to Iran to Egypt to Libya to Syria and now back to Egypt again, President Obama has resembled a weather vane.

Over and over again, HE WAITS to see which way the wind is blowing, then races to get ahead of the storm.

When it changes direction, he does, too. If he had been top dog in Philadelphia in the summer of 1776, American independence would have died waiting.

The president’s problem is that he can’t decide whose side he’s on. The lack of a perfect social order, as he defines it, leads him into paralysis and dead ends, such as the one in Libya, where aides boasted he was “leading from behind.”

When Syria’s butcher crossed Obama’s “red line” by using chemical weapons, the president’s fumbling response was that of a lawyer looking for a loophole.

His belated decision to send small arms to some Syrian rebels means he aims to delay defeat instead of going for victory.

It’s a pattern he follows around the globe, even when it involves our troops in Afghanistan.

Confused by imperfection and lacking principled clarity about America’s interests, he can’t bring himself to join a side.

Obama is lost because the real world is too messy for his utopian dreams. And his compass is distorted by the need for self-aggrandizement.

The first clear example came in 2009. When brave Iranians took on their thuggish masters, Obama was shamefully silent. His aim was to negotiate a deal with nuke-loving theocrats, and he treated millions of Iranian protesters as so many distractions to his plan. He got no deal and the opposition movement was crushed.

When Egyptians challenged Hosni Mubarak in 2011, Obama made the opposite mistake. Although Mubarak was an ally who had helped keep the peace for 30 years, Obama called for him to leave and sided with demonstrators, despite many warnings that the Muslim Brotherhood would gain the most.

Now, a year later, he’s straddling the fence in Egypt, unsure of whom to back as a possible civil war emerges. It is not a sign of success that both sides accuse us of being with the other.

These issues are not simple. If they were, they would be solved before they got to the president’s desk.

But Obama made a hash of foreign policy because his worldview is so warped and his experience so limited. His starting point, that America needed to apologize for its arrogance, reflects a naivete about history and human nature.

He also picked a lousy time to favor neo-isolationism and a break-the-bank spending spree at home.

The result is that our leadership role abroad is being replaced with Islamists, despots and opportunists, none of whom can or want to provide the infrastructure of stability.

American Exceptionalism has been a blessing and a burden on this great nation. From our founding, we recognized ourselves as different, and that belief gradually conferred a special duty to the world.

We now have a president who, more often than not, rejects the very notion of American Exceptionalism. In effect, he has not joined the side he’s on. Unless he embraces America’s unique role, and does it soon, his mistake will become the world’s tragedy.

Read more: Obama has trouble picking a side, so he waffles on tough choices and fails to lead - NYPOST.com http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/failed_...
GOPIdiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#937083 Jul 3, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, his roommate ot Columbia has fond memories of thier time there.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/01/20/...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#937084 Jul 3, 2013
How epic GOP bumbling could inadvertently save food stamps

GOP felt $20 billion in cuts to the poor weren’t enough, so it killed the bill. The likely result? Fewer cuts. Oops

There are lawmakers in the Republican Party who really hate the idea of the government helping poor people stay alive via eating. This disdain is severe enough that 62 Republican members of Congress voted down last month’s Farm Bill — with several specifically citing the proposed $20 billion cut to food stamps (the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP) as deplorably insufficient.(Deplorably insufficient as an amount to be cut, that is — not deplorably insufficient for feeding the needy.)

The political ramifications of the party failing to pass the Farm Bill have been thoroughly analyzed, but less discussed has been the life-or-death implications of what will happen to the program now. And on that score, there’s a strong chance that Republicans’ unholy combination of malice and dimwittedness might actually yield the reverse of its desired effect: fewer cuts than they sought, not more.

http://www.salon.com/2013/07/02/how_epic_gop_...

karma.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#937085 Jul 3, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not going to continue schooling you on street life. Rule#1 when copping out of town: never go & comeback the same way! If you drive down South, take the bus or train back &, never comeback the same day. If you take the train or bus, rent a car & comeback. Nowadays you can rent down South & leave the car up North, genius! Secondly, if I'm going down South, I'm not copping just 1 gun so, in reality your saving alot more than just $100. You sure, have no idea of the inner workings of the underground. On that note, I don't really blame you for you're ignorance. Coc is cheaper near the border or Ports because it's fresh off the boat. That's why they call grade A coc fish scale. It comes in through the Florida docks on boats. Guns are cheaper down South because of the laws. It's easier to get guns down South. All you need is an ID. There's pawn shops down South that sell guns. Also they are abundant like you said but, why would I pay $1000 for an AK up here, when I could easily get an AK & a handgun or shotgun for the same price down South?
I was born in north Baton Rouge, you fucking moron. If you want to know what's that was like, just ask Snoop Dog. He's from a part of Baton Rouge just a few miles away where they kill fewer people, closer to LSU campus. Or, ask Master P, although he grew up in New Orleans but was a frequent visitor to where I was born.
I'm sure you know who these references are.
Like you can even come close to what I know about urban violence and how to get around in a place where the bullet-riddled corpses are stacked to the rafters every weekend.
You're an idiot... and a liar.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#937086 Jul 3, 2013
The Lead Vaccine Developer Comes Clean So She Can “Sleep At Night”

Gardasil and Cervarix Don’t Work, Are Dangerous, and Weren’t Tested

http://intellihub.com/2013/07/02/the-lead-vac...
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#937087 Jul 3, 2013
Man arrested on public property for filming unannounced military drill in North Carolina.

http://intellihub.com/2013/06/30/man-arrested...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#937089 Jul 3, 2013
Emoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting for you to tell us who you are FOR. It's tedious listening to your constant negative whining and paranoid episodes.
You can just ask the NSA. I'm sure they know exactly who I am... without ever having... how does the Constitution put it? "...probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

By the way, how is that investigation of the unconstitutional actions by the NSA coming? Care to update us on that?
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#937090 Jul 3, 2013
Just when you thought it was safe to buy "BPA-free" products, manufacturers flood the marketplace with an alphabet soup of toxic bisphenols.

http://intellihub.com/2013/07/02/corporations...

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#937091 Jul 3, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I was born in north Baton Rouge, you fucking moron.
Like you can even come close to what I know about urban violence and how to get around in a place where the bullet-riddled corpses are stacked to the rafters every weekend.
You're an idiot... and a liar.
And so are you, pampered liar.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#937092 Jul 3, 2013
GOPIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, his roommate ot Columbia has fond memories of thier time there.
http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/01/20/...
His roommate wasn't in his goddam classes, dufus.

Let's repeat this:

NOBODY IN OBAMA'S CLASS AT COLUMBIA EVER MET HIM.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#937093 Jul 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
The announcement tonight of the delay of part of the implementation of Obamacare prompted Speaker of the House John Boehner to release this statement, saying the entire bill is a "train wreck" and "unworkable."
"The president's health care law is already raising costs and costing jobs. This announcement means even the Obama administration knows the 'train wreck' will only get worse. I hope the administration recognizes the need to release American families from the mandates of this law as well. This is a clear acknowledgment that the law is unworkable, and it underscores the need to repeal the law and replace it with effective, patient-centered reforms," the statement reads.
Yes, indeed-y, the "train wreck" will only get worse.

Democrats who wrote the darn thing and passed it also know it's going to get worse long before the 2014 elections.

They must be screaming into their pillows.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#937094 Jul 3, 2013
Whatever wrote:
People flooding into Tahrir Sq in huge numbers ahead of the imminent army deadline to President Morsi and the government. Festive mood
O'bama must be so proud of his man the Mo Bro Hood Morsi. Festive mood, LOL.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#937095 Jul 3, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
And still he beat palin and mclamme?
Plus he beat Lyin Ryan and twinkle panties?
Plus he didn't throw away the USA like your bushy boy:
JUST OUT:$6 TRILLION TOTAL COST OF IRAQ AND AFFFGANNY!!
$6 TRILLION!
ALL BORROWED BY BUSH!
6 THOUSAND BILLION DOLLARS. WOW!
to destroy a country and kill 500,000 in our names.
Should have spent that money fixing our country.
Saddam was contained.
What a waste!
From your guy: Texas red diiippppshhhhttt!
<quoted text>
That's because he had the votes of folks such as you, Obama Money, and all others looking for a handout. Do you speak Arabic, because you would need to learn if President Bush hadn't taken the fight to them. But then a military tactician you're not.
JimmyOlson13

Scranton, PA

#937096 Jul 3, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
In other news...
A key aspect of Obamacare requiring employers to offer coverage has been delayed until 2015.
http://news.msn.com/us/federal-govt-delays-ke... -
requirement-of-obamacare-until -2015-1
Which means the unknowns of Obamacare stagnating hiring will continue for another year.
Way to go liberals! Obama can't even get this monstrosity off the ground and you thought it was going to fly like a bird!
Pelosi must be hoarse by now hollering "Surprise!"
Stuff it Lois! Don't you have some undies to wash?
LCN Llin

United States

#937097 Jul 3, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
they do the same thing every summer.....'It's hot!'
i could watch the Weather channel.
fortunate that carol is an authority on hitler, world war ii, economics, global warming, open heart surgery, and "birther studies" ...
Gets more amusing every day?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#937098 Jul 3, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is far from being made clear the president did not know about the targeting. His top advisors knew about it. A definite red flag. The investigation behind the scenes is still ongoing.
So you think the democrats don't spend huge amounts of money taking it from anyone who will give it to them to run smear campaigns that puts low-down dirty lying to shame - and that isn't a "potential threat to democracy"?
But only conservatives who raise money in the same way democrats raise money are a "potential threat to democracy"?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =dTyTjwiLJVwXX
Sounds to me like he was whining and worried about losing. And lying to boot.
I never said that only big money groups that give to conservatives are a "potential threat to democracy". I believe "Super Pacs" that have no limit on donations are a threat in general. It's not a Republican vs. Democratic thing at all. I am hopeful the Supreme Court will step in and stop this nonsense.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#937099 Jul 3, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text> Victim mentality is what liberals have been preaching for years. Liberals made sure of their plight in life. They always need an underclass of people that they can use and abuse to further their power. One example today, small little girls under the age of 5 holding up signs with a coat hanger on it in Texas. Liberals are the biggest abusers of children and people in the history of history.
Political correctiveness has pushed America into a dark corner. Blacks on the democrat plantation want to be judged by the color of their skin. This goes against the grain of everything Martin Luther King tried to teach them.
It's like Bernie Goldberg said...the racial issue is a wound that won't close because people like Al Sharpton keep poking it.

Most Americans have long since moved on and left the past in the past where it belongs. Blacks have taken their rightful place in society in the professional and political arenas for decades. Race is kept alive for political gain by those who have the most to gain by keeping it alive.

It's starting to get old. Like Al Sharpton.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min LRS 177,336
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 29 min Cali Girl 2014dal 49,448
The Israel Lobby Eliminates Another Critic 47 min Jew Snakes 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 68,935
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Silly times 4,662
Engagement Ring 2 hr rodeo3queen 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr truth-facts 46,292
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Phil Indeblanc 97,916
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info