Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 43,020)

Showing posts 860,381 - 860,400 of1,033,330
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I'm talking about the companies current needs, I've never said anything about my salary. I think 40-60K would be a decent starting salary. I'm sorry I sometimes forget just how rich all you rightwingers apparently are.
Calm down homer. Im just yanking your chain. Everyone enjoys a good yank every now and then.:-)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>We're just simple country folk I suppose.
Only homophobes don't like Broadway show tunes.

Seriously, why not move to the big city and commit to urban youth?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>'Shovel ready jobs', you sound like a parrot. Come on you are better than this. I still have hope for you.
Don't get mad at me, we conservatives knew he was full of sht. Then he laughed at you sheep.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>No you get health insurance, 401k, life insurance, dental, plus we sing happy birthday to you on your birthday.
So, you pay about $15K in benefits for a $40K employee?

How about a real pension plan instead of that crummy 401k?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Unemployment and foodstamps pays 40 - 60K per year?
Doesn't it? I read about a pan handler that made 60k per year.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt wants net jobs which is blaming Obama for the 750,000 job loses in February & so on until Obama's plan eded the job losses.
Galt says Obama should have walked in the door & ended all job losses the same freakin day.
Just like every other right whiner posting here.
Cop out.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down homer. Im just yanking your chain. Everyone enjoys a good yank every now and then.:-)
Argh! Ok, calm again. I drank a ton of coffee today.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Dumbass Galt thinks we are still losing 750,000 jobs a month.
People lose jobs, not "we" lose jobs. F*ck the collective.

Government needs to get out of the way and not continue to punish employers for hiring people.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
We are too far away. Our employees and our suppliers are also nearby for the most part.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Unemployment pays $560/week in Homer's state. Add food stamps and the tax benefits and must be close.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you pay about $15K in benefits for a $40K employee?
How about a real pension plan instead of that crummy 401k?
How did this all become about me? We were discussing the Republican plan for inner city youths.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one creepy-ass cracker.*
*term certified as non -racist
Just say something about my Graham Cracker...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that the norm? Is it safe to say the average panhandlers makes 60K per year? It's amazing how these conversations devolve.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
People lose jobs, not "we" lose jobs. F*ck the collective.
Government needs to get out of the way and not continue to punish employers for hiring people.
Tell that to Carol. Obama stopped the bleeding(Recovery and Reinvestment Act) then got out of the way.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Unemployment pays $560/week in Homer's state. Add food stamps and the tax benefits and must be close.
You sure do know a lot about PA.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Well have a good weekend all. Think about what I've had to say today.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

6/28/2013 — Dover Delaware Airforce Base — RADAR pulse across the spectrum

Posted on June 28, 2013 by sincedutch

http://sincedutch.wordpress.com/2013/06/28/62...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
I hadn't realized your love for Broadway show tunes, I guess your wig collection should have been a dead giveaway.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Thomas Elliot Huggins: Tampa man cut up family dog

TAMPA - A Tampa man has been charged with animal cruelty after police say he strangled a family dog, then cut up its body parts and stored it in the freezer for future meals.

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/state/thomas-ell...

It's the culture...
Bernard Forand

Lehigh Acres, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Here in is small sampling of what Obama has achieved. Notice I did not include; Osama Bin Laden, Libya, Iraq, Drawdown, Nobel Prize and so on.
Obama has and is moving us forward at an accelerating rate. Observe the markets of Sept.6 2012.
Observe who rebuilt the infrastructure to hold Bankers to strict derivatives regulations. Banker’s lobbied with over $200 million! to stop the Obama, Elizabeth Warren and Frank Dodds regulations from being implemented. Republicans are still seeking to deregulate them. Expose what their goals are and its NOT for our Main Street USA.{ Derivative trading prime suspect for the Great Recession}
Elizabeth goes nose to nose , right in the face, with Wall Streets tycoons. Our lady tiger that has the Tycoons appreciate fear. She is not a BROWN nosing follower of the herded sheep.
2016 she will be a contender for president, my predication. Observe her speech at the convention http://youtu.be/zNcbg1EU_bI U-tube speech.
This is one small example of how Obama will seek to continue to move us forward, up and out of the chaos of the republicans mandates.
Fiscal Year{ FY } in politics is from October to September. Bush presented Obama with a 9% constricting economy. Bush received a $256 Billion surplus to the annual budget from Clinton. So lets take that and add it to what Bush debts were, that he handed over to Obama. Bush handed a $1.4 Trillion debt to annual budget!
In 3.3 years Obama is at 15.1% to debt of GDP, from the 20.7% increase to debt, by Bush and Bush going rapidly down into the abyss.
Stimulus plan to revitalize the middle class produced a beneficial return on investment. We have seen an impressive recovery in the equity markets from Bush’s stock markets lost of 14 years of gains. Markets had retraced the lows back to 1996 in less than 17 months. Greatest lost ,in market value, in our Nations history. Obama’s actions helped restore equity markets post a gain of 105% through April of 2011. During Obama’s first 27 months in office.
Making up most of the losses with gains to the DOW of 17.2%, S&P 500 25.3% and the NASDAQ 31.7%. Compare this to say Reagan first 3.3 years in office Reagan’s gains to ; DOW 6.86%, S&P 500 6.16%, NASDAQ 7.02%. Obama has Surpassed most of his predecessors, including Bill Clinton and Ronald Reagan!
Stimulus also stopped the decline in corporate profits that started under George W. Bush. Stimulus helped produce an increase of 22% per year in the first two years.
Obama has had the slowest growth in spending of any President in the past 60 years: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...
Latest up date to Markets; The Fed pledged Thursday to buy $40 billion in mortgage-backed bonds every month from large banks and other dealers in an effort to help free up capital and spur lending. The move is also expected to help push down mortgage rates, already near record lows, to further stimulate the housing market. The central bank said it would continue buying until the unemployment rate, which stood at 8.1 percent in August, decreases significantly.
Wall Street continued to cheer the news. The Dow Jones Industrial Average, which surged more than 206 points after the Fed announcement Thursday -- climbed another 53 points Friday to 13,593, its highest closing since December 2007. Global markets also reacted positively: the Hang Seng index in Hong Kong surged 2.9 percent, the Japanese Nikkei 225 index shot up 1.8 percent, and the British FTSE 100 rose more than 1.6 percent.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 860,381 - 860,400 of1,033,330
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min Justice Dale 167,504
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Lord Hater 42,961
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 65,068
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Dusty Mangina 47,034
Who Dodged the SHOE Better? 4 hr ThomasA 17
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 5 hr SLY WEST 1,020
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr loose cannon 96,071
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••