Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1432286 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#937055 Jul 3, 2013
People flooding into Tahrir Sq in huge numbers ahead of the imminent army deadline to President Morsi and the government. Festive mood
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#937056 Jul 3, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeating this daily is getting a little cray cray.
You don't greet people every day? What's wrong with 'good morning'? I will agree when you see a rightwinger in person and greet them with a 'good morning' it does throw them a bit, most can eventually muster an open mouth and blank stare while they struggle with how to respond.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#937057 Jul 3, 2013
The liberal media dispels global warming/confirms climate change a pattern without meaning to.

MSN - A heat wave smothering the West...likely tying a more than century-old U.S. record in California as Las Vegas and other cities.

The highest recorded temperature was 134 degrees on July 10, 1913, in Death Valley.

http://news.msn.com/us/dangerous-heat-in-the-...

It's not quite that hot yet.

Same with tornados. The 1940s saw the same increase in intensity and frequency of tornados.

So was Al Gore around in 1913? If he was around in the 1940s, he couldn't talk yet.

Too bad people are more gullible in the 21st century. Good for Al Gore though. He has a huge mansion that requires a lot of energy to keep him cool and warm and a jet to leave carbon footprints everywhere he goes all over the world.

But, by golly, he's rich as the dickens because liberals will buy anything.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#937058 Jul 3, 2013
IRS officer who pled 5th after doing nothing wrong now demands legal immunity to talk about the nothing wrong she did

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/07/lois-le...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#937059 Jul 3, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
CHRISTIE et al for POTUS.
REAL WORKING class Americans FOR ALL of America again-NOT just some!
(and don't be picking on Uncle Joe either!)
He'd have a better chance running as an Independent or a Democrat, he's not rightwing enough to win the GOP nomination.

Although he did run on a promise to lower property taxes in NJ, and of course property taxes have gone up.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#937060 Jul 3, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> ..You even have a theory for his Hawaiian birth. You think Malcolm X is his father. You have his college transcripts & attendance sheets.... Just more of your theories disguised as lies!
Actually, you have a theory for Obama's Hawaiian birth, and the only thing you have to back it up is an obviously fraudulent birth certificate.

Malcom X never moved to Hawaii to organize the Communist Pary USA there where he met Obama's father and Obama's mother. That was Frank Marshal Davis.
Besides, Malcom X warned black people about the dangers of black people to black people. That's a little different than what Obama was indoctrinated with.

How about we seee these college transcripts and attendance sheets.
Or, let's just ask the people in his classes.
At Occidental his classmates describe him as a poor student.
At Columbia not one single person in his class ever met him.
Or, let's just ask the real faculty at the University of Chicago Law School what they think about Obama. They descirbe him as, and I quote, "lazy and unqualified", end quote.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#937061 Jul 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>You don't greet people every day? What's wrong with 'good morning'? I will agree when you see a rightwinger in person and greet them with a 'good morning' it does throw them a bit, most can eventually muster an open mouth and blank stare while they struggle with how to respond.
That wasn't too rambling and disconnected.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#937062 Jul 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>If you do a google search you will find several mental health clinics in and around Somerset, KY you may want to check out.
You're such a DUPE sheep promoter Homer.

Googoole can bite you, and hopefully leave it's indentured darkagedness stuck in YOUR leg. Then I'll warcth...while you squirm..and see how YOU like it lol.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#937063 Jul 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>If you do a google search you will find several mental health clinics in and around Somerset, KY you may want to check out.
Considering Google put a photo of Hugo Chavez on it's site to commemorate Mothers' Day, I don't think I'd trust anything they recommended to me. Those sites are probably for walk-in ovens.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#937064 Jul 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>He'd have a better chance running as an Independent or a Democrat, he's not rightwing enough to win the GOP nomination.
Although he did run on a promise to lower property taxes in NJ, and of course property taxes have gone up.
Stop lying Homer, beofre I have to poke at you with sharpened pencils. For people I know there-they've went DOWN some.
He's doing a damn good job- FOR (NOT against) the WORKING class people too!

(and by Gosh- Jersey even has a reconciled, do-able B-U-D-G-E-T!!)

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#937065 Jul 3, 2013
In other news...

A key aspect of Obamacare requiring employers to offer coverage has been delayed until 2015.

http://news.msn.com/us/federal-govt-delays-ke... -
requirement-of-obamacare-until -2015-1

Which means the unknowns of Obamacare stagnating hiring will continue for another year.

Way to go liberals! Obama can't even get this monstrosity off the ground and you thought it was going to fly like a bird!

Pelosi must be hoarse by now hollering "Surprise!"
Jane Says

Jamaica, NY

#937066 Jul 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>You don't greet people every day? What's wrong with 'good morning'? I will agree when you see a rightwinger in person and greet them with a 'good morning' it does throw them a bit, most can eventually muster an open mouth and blank stare while they struggle with how to respond.
if a lib is doing the greeting, the rightwinger is wary they will be pickpocketed as they are greeted (cause its all about 'redistribution'.)

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#937067 Jul 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>He'd have a better chance running as an Independent or a Democrat, he's not rightwing enough to win the GOP nomination.
Don't forget to mention the deal Christi cut with the Democrats to be seen with Obama in public in exchange for the Democrats to not challenge him in the next election for governor.
How's that Democrat challenge to Christi for govdernor coming? Can you update us on that?... what was the name of that person who was supposed to challenge Christi, then backed out immediately after Christi sabotaged the Republicans? Who did the Democrats replace him with?
sonicfilter

United States

#937068 Jul 3, 2013
We’re Not a Christian Nation

Most Americans saluting the flag this Independence Day grew up being taught that the nation for which that flag stands is a constitutional democracy. As Lincoln put it, the United States was conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal. But a significant number of your fellow citizens have a very different vision as they hoist the flag. They were raised to believe—or have now been convinced—that our Founding Fathers gave us what they call a “Christian Nation.”

On this July 4, 2013, we live in a country where our fellow citizens have a dazzling diversity of religious beliefs (and non-belief), and most of them do not present any threat to our democracy. But one influential strain of Christian fundamentalism, which insists most loudly that we are a “Christian Nation,” has a vision for America that is profoundly theocratic. So if you want to engage in a small but meaningful patriotic act this Independence Day, you might want to educate yourself about what the “Christian Nation” movement means, and what our country might look like if the “Christian Nation” vision were to be realized.

....Millions of nonfundamentalist evangelicals are increasingly bombarded with the fundamentalist message that the architects of our Constitution really intended to give birth to this sort of “Christian Nation,” a message that is usually supported by highly selective quotations from the “Founding Fathers.” This message is manifestly untrue. Our Constitution does not contain a single mention of God. Instead, the great innovation of our Founding Fathers was to abolish the Old World system where deviation from the religious beliefs of the State or monarch was not tolerated. Rejecting this model, the founders gave us a secular republic where religious minorities benefit from guarantees of freedom of worship, conscience, and speech.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/07...

The Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life estimates that groups representing these citizens spend about $390 million each year to lobby the government to impose their religion-based agenda on the rest of us, making the Orwellian argument that their own religious freedom requires the rest of us to live our lives in accordance with the dictates of their own religious beliefs.
GOPIdiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#937069 Jul 3, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you have a theory for Obama's Hawaiian birth, and the only thing you have to back it up is an obviously fraudulent birth certificate.
Malcom X never moved to Hawaii to organize the Communist Pary USA there where he met Obama's father and Obama's mother. That was Frank Marshal Davis.
Besides, Malcom X warned black people about the dangers of black people to black people. That's a little different than what Obama was indoctrinated with.
How about we seee these college transcripts and attendance sheets.
Or, let's just ask the people in his classes.
At Occidental his classmates describe him as a poor student.
At Columbia not one single person in his class ever met him.
Or, let's just ask the real faculty at the University of Chicago Law School what they think about Obama. They descirbe him as, and I quote, "lazy and unqualified", end quote.
WOW! All that, and yet Romney still couldn't muster the support to defeat him.
LCN Llin

United States

#937070 Jul 3, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
The liberal media dispels global warming/confirms climate change a pattern without meaning to.
MSN - A heat wave smothering the West...likely tying a more than century-old U.S. record in California as Las Vegas and other cities.
The highest recorded temperature was 134 degrees on July 10, 1913, in Death Valley.
http://news.msn.com/us/dangerous-heat-in-the-...
It's not quite that hot yet.
Same with tornados. The 1940s saw the same increase in intensity and frequency of tornados.
So was Al Gore around in 1913? If he was around in the 1940s, he couldn't talk yet.
Too bad people are more gullible in the 21st century. Good for Al Gore though. He has a huge mansion that requires a lot of energy to keep him cool and warm and a jet to leave carbon footprints everywhere he goes all over the world.
But, by golly, he's rich as the dickens because liberals will buy anything.
LOL
sonicfilter

United States

#937072 Jul 3, 2013
The Grand Old and Tired Party

Millennials haven’t been voting overwhelmingly for Democrats in the last four elections simply because Republican politicians are too old. They vote this way because the GOP caters to the interests of older voters and also has little or nothing to say to them, and they do so because their main experience of Republican governance was the Bush administration. Nominating a younger candidate doesn’t change any of this, and would be a good example of how the GOP wants to fix substantive weaknesses with a superficial remedy.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#937073 Jul 3, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering Google put a photo of Hugo Chavez on it's site to commemorate Mothers' Day, I don't think I'd trust anything they recommended to me. Those sites are probably for walk-in ovens.
"Hiel Hugo" and he bag of commie robbinghoodieTic, constitutional breaching bands of ghetto THUGS lol.
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

#937074 Jul 3, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You can get C to B- 7.62 AKs for significantly less than a thousand dollars. AKs manufactured in some countries are worth a hell of a lot more than AKs manufactured in other countries. But, if all you're going to do is use them once in a drive-by shooting, you really wouldn't care if you'd need to use it twice, right?
You are correct, though. You can buy a stolen AK in A condition for less than 500 dollars.
SKs aren't a preferred gun. They are cheap.
Yup, guns are cheaper in places where LEGAL guns are more common. The more common of a commodity, the less the price, dufus.
Now, how much money are you going to pay to drive a thousand miles each way just to same a hundred dollars or so on a gun?
You're an idiot. You are obviously regurgitating some pre-prepared story.
I'm not going to continue schooling you on street life. Rule#1 when copping out of town: never go & comeback the same way! If you drive down South, take the bus or train back &, never comeback the same day. If you take the train or bus, rent a car & comeback. Nowadays you can rent down South & leave the car up North, genius! Secondly, if I'm going down South, I'm not copping just 1 gun so, in reality your saving alot more than just $100. You sure, have no idea of the inner workings of the underground. On that note, I don't really blame you for you're ignorance. Coc is cheaper near the border or Ports because it's fresh off the boat. That's why they call grade A coc fish scale. It comes in through the Florida docks on boats. Guns are cheaper down South because of the laws. It's easier to get guns down South. All you need is an ID. There's pawn shops down South that sell guns. Also they are abundant like you said but, why would I pay $1000 for an AK up here, when I could easily get an AK & a handgun or shotgun for the same price down South?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#937075 Jul 3, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget to mention the deal Christi cut with the Democrats to be seen with Obama in public in exchange for the Democrats to not challenge him in the next election for governor.
How's that Democrat challenge to Christi for govdernor coming? Can you update us on that?... what was the name of that person who was supposed to challenge Christi, then backed out immediately after Christi sabotaged the Republicans? Who did the Democrats replace him with?
Yer wanting to meet Homers pencil holder that he hides behind his devil dogs aren't yew.

Have yew peeps call ours lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min JRB 225,684
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min Patriot AKA Bozo 61,480
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 2,068
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 3,189
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 2,551
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr Red_Forman 6,750
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Red_Forman 1,694

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages