Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1274412 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#936724 Jul 2, 2013
So fetch, are you still in shock? How old are you, by the way?

Even if you're between the age of 30-39, your rate increase could be as much as 49%.

Don't forget, everyone MUST have insurance by January 1 or be fined, i.e. taxed, by the IRS.

And if your state didn't opt out of ObamaCare, hope you can figure out the online application for the government exchanges too. I hear it's a doozy.

Welcome to the wonderful and wacky world of ObamaCare!

As Pelosi would say, "Surprise!!"

We tried to tell you. You wouldn't listen. Just as you aren't listening now.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#936725 Jul 2, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
Thank you. You admit that neither the boy, nobama, or his wife can practice law.
Peace
KMA
I never said they were currently licensed to practice law.

Nice slur, racist f*ck.,

Studies show that people of low intelligence are more likely to be racit f*cks.
LCN Llin

United States

#936726 Jul 2, 2013
Bolivian President Evo Morales's plane has been diverted to Austria amid suspicion that US intelligence leaker Edward Snowden is on board, the foreign minister has said.

David Choquehuanca denied that Mr Snowden was on the plane.

France and Portugal reportedly refused to allow the Bolivia-bound flight to cross their airspace.
GOPIdiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#936727 Jul 2, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, some liberals in the United States have no problem with brutality and barbarism as long as the woman still has the right to kill what she created at her discretion. That's all that's important. Doesn't matter how or when. It's all about her body, her rights and her decision. The next thing liberals will be demanding is a woman's right to kill her 9-month-old when it becomes an inconvenience. After all, her life is more important and a baby gets in her way. Wouldn't surprise me if some liberals have no problem with that already.
Of course, the measure of civilization is how any society treats the weakest and most vulnerable among them. But being civilized is so passť in this new era of progressive liberalism where there are no judgments, no standards, no morals and self-serving gratification is the only bar to which one has to aspire.
Lily seems to love living in this new era. It's just so...well... liberating for the Almighty Woman to make life and death decisions...and the government which she so detests interfering with a woman's right to kill a life after she personally chose to have unprotected sex gives her its blessings instead.
...but don't get me started.
(Just wonder though if Lily and other liberals have read any books on the fall of Rome - how moral decay rotted their foundation too. Curious to know if they learned any lessons from history.)
Good afternoon, Jane.
Roe has been around for 40 years.
No one's yet suggested that 9 month old babies be exterminated.
Hyperbole much?
Yes, we're all familiar with Rome.
Let me know when Senators start sharing wives.
LCN Llin

United States

#936729 Jul 2, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know Obama doesn't even know his birthdate and Kenyan has a big sign proclaiming "Kenya, birthplace of Obama"?
I can show you if you want.
It's a little more than confusing, right?
the long awaited return of "the birther Yarn"
GOPIdiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#936730 Jul 2, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
So fetch, are you still in shock? How old are you, by the way?
Even if you're between the age of 30-39, your rate increase could be as much as 49%.
Don't forget, everyone MUST have insurance by January 1 or be fined, i.e. taxed, by the IRS.
And if your state didn't opt out of ObamaCare, hope you can figure out the online application for the government exchanges too. I hear it's a doozy.
Welcome to the wonderful and wacky world of ObamaCare!
As Pelosi would say, "Surprise!!"
We tried to tell you. You wouldn't listen. Just as you aren't listening now.
That isn't what happened in CA where they have already begun enrollment.
Reality never matches up with your hysterical rants.
ROMNEY IN A LANDSLIDE!!!!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#936731 Jul 2, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
five years of whining because the American people voted twice for President Obama.
America had to put up with 8 years of progressive whining.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#936732 Jul 2, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said they were currently licensed to practice law.
Nice slur, racist f*ck.,
Studies show that people of low intelligence are more likely to be racit f*cks.
Studies show that people of low intelligence are more likely to be ghetto and racit f*cks.

When liberals start howling about hate and racism, the question that must always be asked is: who benefits? Obama's Poverty Pimps Al, Jesse and others Is Destroying Blacks...

It's the culture..
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#936733 Jul 2, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>You voted for the winner obama Gilligan and still lost making you a bigger loser you idiot...
It's the culture...
No son. Romney's not in.

I'm a winner.

And so is America.
LCN Llin

United States

#936734 Jul 2, 2013
GOPIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Roe has been around for 40 years.
No one's yet suggested that 9 month old babies be exterminated.
Hyperbole much?
Yes, we're all familiar with Rome.
Let me know when Senators start sharing wives.
The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position.

This sort of "reasoning" has the following pattern:

1 Person A has position X.
2 Person B presents position Y (which is a distorted version of X).
3 Person B attacks position Y.
4 Therefore X is false/incorrect/flawed.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#936735 Jul 2, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would anyone give up a law license after spending so many years "working" on one?
Barack Obama does not need to practice law so why maintain the license?

To maintain a law license in Illinois requires continuing education, maintaining malpractice insurance, etc.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#936737 Jul 2, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
the long awaited return of "the birther Yarn"
No birther yarn. Actual tape of Obama being confused.

Too funny

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#936738 Jul 2, 2013
Anyone who still believes that Obama was not born in Hawaii is clearly brain dead.
LCN Llin

United States

#936739 Jul 2, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Eed, blaming Obama for the effects of the Bush recession.
Caught Eed in yet another lie.
Yesterday Eed LIED about home sales.
Today, f*ckhead Eed lies about housing starts.
Jan of 2009 : 480K
May of 2013 914K
The federal government did not supply guns to the MexicanCartels - Another Eed big fat lie.
difficult as recession was in 2008 under the Republican President and President Obama took office in 2009.
Maybe the numbers are confusing to republicans
Whatever

Gering, NE

#936740 Jul 2, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Eed, blaming Obama for the effects of the Bush recession.
Caught Eed in yet another lie.
Yesterday Eed LIED about home sales.
Today, f*ckhead Eed lies about housing starts.
Jan of 2009 : 480K
May of 2013 914K
The federal government did not supply guns to the MexicanCartels - Another Eed big fat lie.
The recession ended June 2009.

Figure it out quick Dave. Your whine doesn't work.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#936741 Jul 2, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah doesn't bury his head in the sand.
He has another very special place to bury his head:]
lol! lol! "If you have no links or examples to offer then be a good consumer and go watch TV, airhead." - shinningelectr0n.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#936742 Jul 2, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position.
This sort of "reasoning" has the following pattern:
1 Person A has position X.
2 Person B presents position Y (which is a distorted version of X).
3 Person B attacks position Y.
4 Therefore X is false/incorrect/flawed.
lily, Yeah and USA are Straw Man experts.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#936743 Jul 2, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
five years of whining because the American people voted twice for President Obama.
They're whining because they can't screw Americans even more.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#936744 Jul 2, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what you're saying is, a person who makes a personal telephone call to another person without including a group of people in the call doesn't have a reasonable expectation of privacy?
Then what you're saying is there has never been any need for any warrant to have ever been issued allowing the government to tap a phone.
Do you even listen to the horsecrap that comes out of your mouth?
How about you find a ruling by the Supreme Court that states evidence such as a phone conversation obtained without a warrant was illegally obtained and cannot be used. There are, what? A thousand of those cases?
And, you can find another thousand cases where the ruling was the government needs a warrant to read your email.
Any information on your computer is private information. If this weren't true, then, for one thing, 9/11 would never have happened because there would not have been a liberal federal judge to prevent the FBI from looking at Moussaoui's computer and reading the goddam detailed plans of the 9/11 attack, you dumbass.
The 4th Amendment guarantees that the government cannot acquire personal information on individuals without a warrant.
It's that goddam simple.
Read the goddam Constitution, dufus.
Gee, you are IGNORANT. The NSA did not tap phones without a court order (except under Bush). Get an education for God's sake. I gave you the complete SUPREME COURT case that backs what the NSA did. There is nothing in there about "wire taps"...only the collection of data. All your insane ranting and personal attacks doesn't change that FACT.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#936745 Jul 2, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Barack Obama does not need to practice law so why maintain the license?
To maintain a law license in Illinois requires continuing education, maintaining malpractice insurance, etc.
Says the guy whining about Paul's license.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min loose cannon 196,842
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 51 min litesong 54,487
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 57 min Doug77 6,395
abby8-27-15 2 hr Sublime1 14
ask amy 8-27 3 hr PEllen 7
The Amazing Cashew 4 hr OH Im NUTS 1
Get an online store. Earn $$$$ (Jun '13) 4 hr Shaiilesh 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr RACE 100,626
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages