Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1233693 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#936505 Jul 2, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Think you have it backwards. The IRS just got a big taxpayer bonus with the help of Obama's precious union for screwing over a significant number of taxpayers who also gave them that bonus.
Did you forget Obama wants us all to sacrifice and "put some skin in the game" while he goes on a million dollar taxpayer golfing excursion with Tiger Woods, hosts gala events at the White House and flies all over the world in Air Force One with his huge entourage? While the White House doors remain closed and embassies are denied help before being killed?
Or how about thousands of waivers to avoid Obamacare while the rest of us have to pay the cost and the price of a declining assessable health care?
Yes, you definitely have it backwards.
You paint yourself with the ignorant brush every time you parrot Faux news. The only truthful statement in your post is that Obama is hosting gala events at the White House and flying all over the world as well as taking much deserved vacations....just like all the presidents who came before him. Big Whoop!!!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#936506 Jul 2, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know Obama doesn't even know his birthdate and Kenyan has a big sign proclaiming "Kenya, birthplace of Obama"?
I can show you if you want.
It's a little more than confusing, right?
That's 'Kenya's problem' and yours. The rest of America and the world knows President Barack Obama was born in Hawaii. Now; in the case of Ted Cruz--born in Calgary, Canada , not even an American citizen ...

Location hidden

#936507 Jul 2, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Uh Ghosyie I hate to break this to you but birth announcements are usually done the day after or two days later. If done on the DOB it would be suspect.
Where have you been for the last five or six years? Obama's birth announcement was published in the Honolulu Advertiser on Sunday, Aug. 13, 1961 announcing that a son was to Mr. & Mrs. Barack H. Obama on August 4th. Perhaps you are just having one of those senior moments.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#936508 Jul 2, 2013
John Galt wrote:
It’s been a great week for gay activists, but Dr. Cornel West is not happy. As the postmodern professor par excellence explained to radio host Tavis Smiley last Sunday, the advances made by gays and lesbians mean that “we black folk are just being pushed to the back of the bus”:
"Again this has something to do of course with what history books will say. The irony of the age of Obama in which black folks found themselves pushed to the back,[and] our gay brothers and lesbian sisters more and more pushed to the center."
Perhaps West is right, and identity politics really is a zero-sum game. Then again, the good doctor may simply be suffering from a touch of radical conditionedness.
African-Americans have been 'pushed to the back of the bus' ever since Richard Nixon's "southern strategy' to win the U S Presidency in 1968. Read more about it here--> http://www.thenation.com/article/rick-perlste...

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#936509 Jul 2, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Galt wonders how many newly married homosexual couples will start complaining when they learn the negative tax consequences of being married.
Gay couples will most likely adopt more children who need a good family upbringing.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#936510 Jul 2, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
Obammy's 5 Step War on the Middle Class
Step 3 of 5
3) Higher Student Loan Costs: One of the great aspirations of middle class Americans is sending their kids to college. That takes a lot of money that sometimes needs to be borrowed. Many young Americans who hope to work their way into the middle class have taken out college loans as well.
Because of Barack Obama, those college loans cost considerably more.
After Obama seized the student loan industry, he talked a lot about making college more affordable.
However, what he did was charge higher rates for the student loans so he could take the money and funnel it into Obamacare.
The government borrows money at 2.8 percent and loans it out to students at 6.8%.
Incidentally, those mean old Republicans? They want to cut the rate to 5.3%, but Obama is fighting to make students pay more.
So, if you think you're paying too much interest on student loans, make sure to thank Obama for that.
The larger question is the wisdom of going deeply into debt for worthless degrees from fourth-rate schools for jobs that do not exist.

Why not work and attend college at night, instead of piling up massive debt?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#936511 Jul 2, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You paint yourself with the ignorant brush every time you parrot Faux news. The only truthful statement in your post is that Obama is hosting gala events at the White House and flying all over the world as well as taking much deserved vacations....just like all the presidents who came before him. Big Whoop!!!
Mumble, mumble, "Fox News" comeback -Lazy and pointless.

Please site sources that states the facts you responded to are wrong.

Location hidden

#936512 Jul 2, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Galt wonders how many newly married homosexual couples will start complaining when they learn the negative tax consequences of being married.
You just don't get it. This fight was for "equality".

It was a fight for the same family medical leave, partner/family immigration, spousal social security benefits, spousal veterans benefits, Federal income tax benefits, inheritance tax benefits, hospital visitation/decisions as enjoyed by any other married couple. The only ones complaining will be right-wing nuts like yourself.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#936513 Jul 2, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
And Republicans are wondering why more and more real Americans are turning their backs on their pathetic azzez? Clueless moron, the lot of them.
You turn your back on men.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#936514 Jul 2, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Politics, in general, is acting.
But Liberals have fully engaged Hollywood like never before.
The Magic Negro is the fruit on this tree.
"If you have no links or examples to offer then be a good consumer and go watch TV, airhead." - shinningelectr0n
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#936515 Jul 2, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Hee, Hee. Now you blame it on other states, eh?
Isn't your President's open border policy with Mexico and illegal Mexicans an issue, too, bro?
Ask the Magic Negro about Fast n Furious. Ask him about the illegal votes.
The 2nd Amendment is not the problem but the idiot sitting in the Oval Office.
"If you have no links or examples to offer then be a good consumer and go watch TV, airhead." - shinningelectr0n

Lapeer, MI

#936516 Jul 2, 2013
flack wrote:
I'm about over all this rain. I thought I saw a fish swimming through the yard a little while ago.
And to think that just a few years back, we were concerned about depleted aquifers across this country.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#936517 Jul 2, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>"If you have no links or examples to offer then be a good consumer and go watch TV, airhead." - shinningelectr0n
What, shinning is making you write this 100 times in hopes you will catch on.

I personally think he has too high of an opinion of your ability to learn.

90 more times still needed-hop to it.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#936518 Jul 2, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>"If you have no links or examples to offer then be a good consumer and go watch TV, airhead." - shinningelectr0n
Good job.

Now down to 89 more times you have to write it.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#936519 Jul 2, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>That's 'Kenya's problem' and yours. The rest of America and the world knows President Barack Obama was born in Hawaii. Now; in the case of Ted Cruz--born in Calgary, Canada , not even an American citizen ...
Ted Cruz was clearly born in Calgary and clearly born an merican citizen.

As far as Obama goes, we have only a pdf to go by.

Lapeer, MI

#936520 Jul 2, 2013
JBH wrote:
--------National Unity on Foreign Policy
The laying of a wreath at the American embassy in Dar es Salaam Tuesday symbolized a big theme of both the Barack Obama and George W Bush administrations: The war against al Qaeda.
President Obama was warmly greeted by throngs in Tanzania, but his message of trade was overshadowed by other events around the world.
The two men met in Tanzania to to honor the memories of the 224 people – 12 of them Americans – killed by al Qaeda truck bombs at that embassy and the one in Nairobi, Kenya, on Aug. 7, 1998.
Osama bin Laden’s embassy attacks were precursors of 9/11; signals, unmistakable in retrospect, that bin Laden and his allies had launched a new kind of war.
For both friends and foes Bush’s handling of all that occurred after Sept. 11, 2001, will be the major part of his legacy, a legacy about which Bush said in an interview with CNN Monday he wasn’t worried:
“history will judge the decisions that I made. And I won't be around because it's going to take a while for the objective historians to show up.”
But in dealing with al Qaeda, Obama hasn’t turned out to be exactly what his supporters expected in 2008.
Obama expanded Bush’s strategy of using unmanned drones to kill suspected terrorists in Yemen, Somalia and Pakistan.
There’s continuity with President Bill Clinton, too. Clinton tried to kill bin Laden after the 1998 embassy attacks with a cruise missile strike in Afghanistan – not so different from a drone strike.
Bush – who has been circumspect and has said almost nothing about terrorism since leaving office – has not only refrained from criticizing his successor, but on Monday essentially endorsed Obama’s handling of the NSA/ Snowden mess.
“I know he (Snowden) damaged the country. The Obama administration will deal with it,” the former president said.
Asked about the NSA surveillance, Bush said,“I put the program in place to protect the country and one of the certainties is civil liberties were guaranteed.”
He added,“I think there needs to be a balance (between individual liberty and national security) and as the president (Obama) described, there is a proper balance.”
Obama, he said magnanimously, has “got plenty on his agenda and it's difficult. A former president doesn't need to make it harder” by criticizing him.
In his National Defense University speech, Obama said that “this war, like all wars, must end,” but the war which included the 1998 embassy bombings will likely continue after Obama leaves the White House.------
==========
Is it not Bush gone yet?
He thinks he is still around by running Obama the policies on terrorism and Snowden case, etc.
You did not get your worth by electing the 4th term of Bush as the policies and views are still Bush's, but just use the name of Obama as president.
How come, what is going on?
But if Bush did not have his views worked anywhere during his time, including Iraq issue , what makes Obama think his Bush views and policies will go anywhere?
You liberals did elect Bush (who is your most unlikeable and rejected), for the 4th time by having the name of Obama.
"President Obama was warmly greeted by thongs in Tanzania"???

Men in thongs?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#936521 Jul 2, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where have you been for the last five or six years? Obama's birth announcement was published in the Honolulu Advertiser on Sunday, Aug. 13, 1961 announcing that a son was to Mr. & Mrs. Barack H. Obama on August 4th. Perhaps you are just having one of those senior moments.
So were personal ads selling used cars.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#936522 Jul 2, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Gay couples will most likely adopt more children who need a good family upbringing.
Isn't that special?

And what does that have to do with the negative tax consequences of marriage?

Lapeer, MI

#936523 Jul 2, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
The more murders there are in the hood, the better.....
...as long as they STAY in the hood....

Lapeer, MI

#936524 Jul 2, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>This coming from the idiot who still can't find the declaration of war against iraq.
Why demand from others what you can't provide son???
If you have no links or examples to offer then be a good consumer and go watch TV, airhead

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min red and right 190,078
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr _Zoey_ 5,246
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr IBdaMann 53,472
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr TRD 70,033
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr Doug77 6,004
Ask Amy 5-27-15 6 hr RACE 15
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 6 hr RACE 1,389
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]