Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
859,801 - 859,820 of 1,100,983 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#935812 Jul 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Hubris is actually more accurate.
Along with idiocy, son.
Your being as dull as a dulled butter-knife brings a smile to the face when you begin talking about 'accuracy'.

Like a chicken critiquing the Fox's tactics. Fool.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#935813 Jul 1, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
OBAMMY’S ENERGY PLAN -- 7 STEPS TO IMPOVERISH AMERICA
On June 25, President Obama gave a speech outlining his energy plan for America. The centerpiece is a directive for the Environmental Protection Agency to develop new regulations that will make it virtually impossible to generate electricity from coal in the United States.
This is harmful and absurd for many reasons.
First, by shutting down existing coal-fired power plants, it will effectively destroy trillions of dollars of private property.
Second, since those plants supply about 40% of America’s electric power, they will need to be replaced at great cost, which will be borne by ratepayers.
Third, all proposed replacements for coal are significantly more expensive, so using them will drive rates up further.
Fourth, increasing the cost of electric power is one of the most regressive forms of taxation possible, since, for example, stockbrokers making $30 million per year will pay nearly the same additional amount as families making $30,000 per year, despite a thousand fold difference in income.
Fifth, as a form of business taxation, increasing electric rates preferentially targets companies that produce real goods over those that profit through speculation or the collection of legal costs.
Sixth, by increasing the costs of American goods, the inflation of electricity prices will make U.S. industry less competitive, causing factories to shut down and throwing millions of Americans out of work.
And seventh, by depressing the American economy, the plan will cause the loss of massive amounts of federal and state income-tax revenues, thereby accelerating the nation’s descent into bankruptcy.
In addition to all this, the Obama plan will severely harm America by preventing it from becoming secure in its supplies of liquid transportation fuels.
Despite some recent growth in oil production and a depressed economy that has reduced U.S. oil consumption by 15 percent since 2007, the United States remains by far the largest oil importer in the world. Currently we import about 4.4 billion barrels per year, which at a price of $100 per barrel costs the nation $440 billion per year — an amount equivalent to the loss of 5 million jobs at $88,000 per year each.
Furthermore, as a result of this dependency, every time the price of oil goes up, the American economy experiences a major new tax — payable ultimately through the world market to the state-run oil companies of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries — which depresses our economy severely. This can be seen clearly in the graph below, which compares oil prices (adjusted for inflation to 2010 dollars) to the U.S. unemployment rate from 1970 to the present. It can be seen that every oil-price hike for the past four decades, including those in 1973, 1979, 1991, 2001, and 2008, was followed shortly afterwards by a sharp rise in American unemployment.
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/352362/...
Many coal fired plants are switching to natural gas because it is cheaper.

Kind of makes your post rather foolish.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#935814 Jul 1, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Your side's stealing of Constitutional rights from American citizens makes you a threat to democracy.
As the Supreme Court kicked you in the teeth with your denial of equal rights for gay Americans.
You approve of ending the Constitutional right to abortion, proving your lies about obeying the Constitution.
The Supreme Court is the final arbiter of what is Constitutional.
Doesn't matter to you nitwits, even as you claim to believe in the Constitution.. You just continue to ignore the Constitution and the Supreme Court.
And you wonder why your side has lost 5 of the last 6 popuolar vote elections.
Now that's really funny!!
I know, your fascism, like your racism is invisible to you. Just like Paula Deen.
So, just what should the people do when the Supreme Court obviously ignores the Constitution.
Let's cite just one example of the Supreme Court being schizophrenic:
Supreme Court rules laws that are ambiguous are, by their ambiguity, unconstitutional.
Then, the Supreme Court rules that what the actual people who wrote the law call a "penalty" a "tax", contradicting the very people who wrote the law.
A clearere case of ambiguity cannot be imagined.

This is just one of a plethora of examples when the Supreme Court exhibited schizophrenic characteristics.

So, what should the people do when the Supreme Court obviously ignores the Constitution?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#935815 Jul 1, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
nuts... clueless... can't-think-for-yourself retort...
If you have a problem finding studies showing overwhelming bias for Democrats, then you really need some help.
By the way, when is your flight out of here booked? My offer to help you pack your shit still stands.
Sure son! You can offer to pack.

Since you're the one leave!

Bon voyage! Russia will be happy to take you back

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#935816 Jul 1, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting for a book you have read on World War II
LOL
http://youtu.be/8ZK5gRLJ9h0

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#935817 Jul 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>"If you have no links or examples to offer then be a good consumer and go watch TV, airhead." - shinningelectr0n
Good. You're learning.

Wear it on your forehead and write it inside of your panties..
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#935818 Jul 1, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The Islamic terrorists didn't trust Bush, that's for sure.)))))
... neither did bushie boy's allies after a while.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#935819 Jul 1, 2013
Obama stopped a second Great Depression, reformed healthcare, reformed Wall street, some great accomplishments as well as numerous others, this will be his legacy. He will be a top 15 or maybe even top 10 president.

Bush will forever wallow in the 30's or possibly 40's

It helps when you looks at things objectively.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#935820 Jul 1, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I couldn't have said it better myself. The same will be said about Obama. I do not think in the modern era we have ever seen a president judged more wrongly by the ignorance of their day than Obama.
You are living proof, you claimed a couple posts back that he was a Marxist, skip back a page and DBWriter referred to him as a Wahabbist Terrorist, go back a few more pages and another claimed in their opinion Obama is a Communist, Galt most recently just referred to him as a Fascist dictator.
It goes on and on and on.
'judged wrongly by the ignorance of their day.'
love it!
maybe if Americans knew who the real Obama was, they'd discover they were wrong with some of the above labels. but its easy to guess and affix labels when the least transparent president with the most secretive past, doesn't lead but often appears clueless as though in a vacuum and changes his views according to audience and teleprompter.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#935821 Jul 1, 2013
Homer wrote:
Bush's legacy on the other hand has shown us all what a disaster he was as president. Pain we are still burdened with to this day and for many more to come.
Homer not sure we will ever fully recover from the Bush years and as we know Homer is the eternal optimist.
Would you be talking about the effects of the economic collapse caused by the Democrats' Marxist subprime housing mortgage underwriting program that collapsed the economy after two years of oversight by Democrats?

Thanks for clearing that up.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#935822 Jul 1, 2013
HOW MANY PEOPLE WHO TOUT OBAMAS POLL NUMBERS HAVE BEEN POLLED. I WONDER IF 88% OF GERMAN LEADERS ARE HAPPY WITH OBAMA SPYING IN THEIR BEDROOMS lololololhahahahaha

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#935823 Jul 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Why should the good guys leave son?
Besides, you're the group who believes slavery was 'good.'
Just ask Bachmann.
I'd help you pack, but I'd rather you leave now and I'll just burn the stuff you leave behind.
Everybody wins that way!
You're just another treasonous fraud that managed to not get hung during the Cold War.
By the way, you do realize you are actually a radical conservative, don't you? You think the government should be all powerful without limits, should enforce only the laws that their whim is consistent with, there should be no individual rights guaranteed to all members of the population, and you ally yourself with medieval tyrants that still practice slavery. Your idea of what life should be like is an Orwellian dictatorship.
You are as radical of a conservative as can exist.
You'd know that if you had an education and could actually define words in the English language.
Now, which bags do you want me to help you with first?
WOW

Bronx, NY

#935824 Jul 1, 2013
OBAMA THE DESTABLEIZER DEHUMANIZER president of america

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#935825 Jul 1, 2013
Homer wrote:
Former President George W. Bush defended PRISM, the Internet spying program that began under his administration but remained secret until The Washington Post and The Guardian revealed its existence last month.
"I put that program in place to protect the country. One of the certainties was that civil liberties were guaranteed," Bush told CNN in an interview airing Monday. "I think there needs to be a balance, and as the president explained, there is a proper balance."
PRISM began under Bush in 2007 and has continued under the Obama administration. The program allows the National Security Administration to collect internet and email data from the nation's biggest technology companies.
Bush spoke with CNN from Zambia, where he and his wife, Laura, are renovating a health clinic. The comments were his first since news about PRISM was made public, and his reflexive, nonspecific defense of the program will likely add to critics' case that it was approved with little oversight or debate.
Bush also said that Edward Snowden, who leaked the existence of the program to the newspapers and is currently believed to be in the transit zone of the Moscow airport, had harmed national security.
When asked if he is a traitor, Bush said, "I know he damaged the country."
More of the Bush legacy.
Let me guess, rightwingers: good under Bush, bad under Obama.
Carol maybe Bush has your old Topix password.
So, just when did Homer become such a big Bush fan?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#935826 Jul 1, 2013
Putin: To Stay In Russia, Snowden Must Stop ‘Harming Our American Partners’

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/p...

more stuff you won't hear on FOX.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#935827 Jul 1, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
eeeeeemoron!
the point is:
$6 TRILLION FOR DUMB WARS.
BUSH INVASIONS.
"they love us over there"
I sent 20 year olds to negotiate in Iraq.
Until the insurgents blew their heads off.
It was a total waste.
YOU hate waste.
Republicans did this!
You voted for them! eeeeeeemoron
So much for your rant on no-bid contracts. You sheep are funny.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#935828 Jul 1, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is a Marxist communist.(All his life-long associations were Marxist communists. Not one capitalist in the bunch.)
Obama is a Wahhabist terrorist.(The Wahhabist terrorists are in the White House every goddam day, and Obama lied for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack in Benghazi.)
The two are not mutually exclusive.
Obama is also a fascist.(Fascism requires blind obedience to the head of state... need I say more.)
To contradict this, you actually have to be able to define the terms, idiot.
Let's start with the first term.
Define:
Marxism
Lunatic Fringe - I know you're out there
You're in hiding, and you hold your meetings
I can hear you coming, and I know what you're after
We're wise to you this time we won't let you kill the laughter
wise to you this tiiimmme
OOO-OOO-OOO-uh-Huh
OOO-OOO-OOO-uh-Huh
OOO-OOO-OOO-uh-Huh

Lunatic Fringe - in the twilight's last gleaming
This is open season, but you won't get too far
'Cause you got to blame someone for your own confusion
We're all on guard this time against the Final Solution
all on guard this time

Oh Yea-a-a

OOO-OOO-OOO-uh-Huh
OOO-OOO-OOO-uh-Huh
OOO-OOO-OOO-uh-Huh

We can hear you coming no, you're not going to win this time
We can hear you coming not gonna win
We can hear the footsteps out along the walkway
We can hear the footsteps out along the walkway
them play

Lunatic Fringe - we all know you're out there
Can you feel the resistance?
Can you feel the thunder?

Oh Yea-a-a
LCN Llin

United States

#935829 Jul 1, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>maybe if Americans knew who the real Obama was, they'd discover they were wrong with some of the above labels. but its easy to guess and affix labels when the least transparent president with the most secretive past, doesn't lead but often appears clueless as though in a vacuum and changes his views according to audience and teleprompter.
"the least transparent president" would be a contest.
Transparent on National Security does not exist and should not.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#935830 Jul 1, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Coup in Egypt looks underway.
The military has always been in ultimate control of Egypt, even when Mubarak was President.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#935831 Jul 1, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Your first 3 lines are crap but your last line -
'History also records vastly popular presidents in their day as duds.'
Bush's approval at one point was 90%, so you are on to something with that one.
Actually, her 1st line was pretty damn good. Mornin, homer

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr andet1987 4,662
Ping G20 Irons Compared With Cheap G15 Irons (May '12) 1 hr lucy 2
chief keef 1 hr sd 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr voice of peace 68,393
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr JOEL 69,030
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Louis Slungpoo 46,358
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 3 hr bing 9662 51
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr LRS 177,461
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE