Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
859,761 - 859,780 of 1,079,668 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Rediculous, eh?? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA Being a Putin fan, you love RED.
Speaking of idiots, here's Dumbwaiter with his tinfoil hat predictions;
----------
<quoted text>
I've got plenty more of these gems that prove the stupidity of Teabaggers..
Ghetto is not a Republican invention you dumbass.... Ghetto and stupidity are a man made demokratic urban disaster you idiot...

It just bothers people when you project ghetto on people when the demoKrats still have your dumbass still in chains you creepy-ass cracker..

It's the culture...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Red State Sucker wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally said something we can agree on. Flush all you crazy right wing morons and start over. Problem is, who on the right can lead this band of idiots back to sanity?
"we"??

Misery loves company. Stay out of my "we".

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem for Sibel Edmonds and Tice is Bush never called his opposition "a potential threat to democracy" or had a desire to "fundamentally transform this country" or actually DID blackmail his opponents - unlike this administration.
Your side's stealing of Constitutional rights from American citizens makes you a threat to democracy.

As the Supreme Court kicked you in the teeth with your denial of equal rights for gay Americans.

You approve of ending the Constitutional right to abortion, proving your lies about obeying the Constitution.

The Supreme Court is the final arbiter of what is Constitutional.

Doesn't matter to you nitwits, even as you claim to believe in the Constitution.. You just continue to ignore the Constitution and the Supreme Court.

And you wonder why your side has lost 5 of the last 6 popuolar vote elections.

Now that's really funny!!

I know, your fascism, like your racism is invisible to you. Just like Paula Deen.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Bush's legacy on the other hand has shown us all what a disaster he was as president. Pain we are still burdened with to this day and for many more to come.

Homer not sure we will ever fully recover from the Bush years and as we know Homer is the eternal optimist.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Jane Says wrote:
OBAMMY’S ENERGY PLAN -- 7 STEPS TO IMPOVERISH AMERICA
On June 25, President Obama gave a speech outlining his energy plan for America. The centerpiece is a directive for the Environmental Protection Agency to develop new regulations that will make it virtually impossible to generate electricity from coal in the United States.
This is harmful and absurd for many reasons.
First, by shutting down existing coal-fired power plants, it will effectively destroy trillions of dollars of private property.
Second, since those plants supply about 40% of America’s electric power, they will need to be replaced at great cost, which will be borne by ratepayers.
Third, all proposed replacements for coal are significantly more expensive, so using them will drive rates up further.
Fourth, increasing the cost of electric power is one of the most regressive forms of taxation possible, since, for example, stockbrokers making $30 million per year will pay nearly the same additional amount as families making $30,000 per year, despite a thousand fold difference in income.
Fifth, as a form of business taxation, increasing electric rates preferentially targets companies that produce real goods over those that profit through speculation or the collection of legal costs.
Sixth, by increasing the costs of American goods, the inflation of electricity prices will make U.S. industry less competitive, causing factories to shut down and throwing millions of Americans out of work.
And seventh, by depressing the American economy, the plan will cause the loss of massive amounts of federal and state income-tax revenues, thereby accelerating the nation’s descent into bankruptcy.
In addition to all this, the Obama plan will severely harm America by preventing it from becoming secure in its supplies of liquid transportation fuels.
Despite some recent growth in oil production and a depressed economy that has reduced U.S. oil consumption by 15 percent since 2007, the United States remains by far the largest oil importer in the world. Currently we import about 4.4 billion barrels per year, which at a price of $100 per barrel costs the nation $440 billion per year — an amount equivalent to the loss of 5 million jobs at $88,000 per year each.
Furthermore, as a result of this dependency, every time the price of oil goes up, the American economy experiences a major new tax — payable ultimately through the world market to the state-run oil companies of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries — which depresses our economy severely. This can be seen clearly in the graph below, which compares oil prices (adjusted for inflation to 2010 dollars) to the U.S. unemployment rate from 1970 to the present. It can be seen that every oil-price hike for the past four decades, including those in 1973, 1979, 1991, 2001, and 2008, was followed shortly afterwards by a sharp rise in American unemployment.
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/352362/...
Maybe this is to what he was really referring when he warned us a few years ago our "electric bills will necessarily skyrocket".

At least he was honest about that. But said Obamacare wouldn't cost us one thin dime.

This president really loves the struggling middle class to have to struggle as much as possible.

Why is that do you suppose?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Fortunately for America, this fascist is headed in the 'right'(ie... correct) direction.
So, Ghost (Yeah) approves of "good" Fascists.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

TSM wrote:
I think this is a common Theme around the world now: Germans Loved Obama. Now We Don’t Trust Him, I see the rest of the world is now catching up with the American People!!
Would you like to compare Obama's with Bush's?? Of course not, even you're not that ignorant!!

You're again proving how stupid you are.

Don't you read anything but Newsmax?? HAHAHAHA

----------

""WASHINGTON — US President Barack Obama’s ratings have plunged at home but he remains highly popular in Europe, with 75 percent in 12 EU nations approving his handling of global affairs, a poll said Wednesday.

He is also much better liked than his predecessor George W. Bush, whose rating in Europe was just 20 percent in 2008, said the Transatlantic Trends poll by the German Marshall Fund.

Since 2009, when Obama had a 80-90 percent approval rating in Europe, his popularity has declined 17 points in Spain, 13 points in Slovakia and 12 points in France and Italy.

But he still received an 82 percent approval rating for international affairs in Portugal and 81 percent in Germany and the Netherlands, with an average of 75 percent across the 12 EU states surveyed.

Obama’s success in eliminating Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden appeared to be a factor in his popularity in the EU, with 73 percent backing his efforts to fight international terrorism.""

----------

Stay ignorant, you prove how retarded Texas is, with you and Dumbwaiter acting more retarded than your Governor.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Kbr...that's the firm obama gave no-bid contracts to.
How much would that caterer charge per plate for the same meal in a war zone thousands of miles away?
Irrelevant question, because the cheap-ass ghetto caterer couldn't serve even one hot meal in Iraq.

And what American would go to Iraq to drive a truck through IEDs in a war zone for $125K?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll help you pack...
You're just another treasonous fraud that managed to not get hung during the Cold War.
By the way, you do realize you are actually a radical conservative, don't you? You think the government should be all powerful without limits, should enforce only the laws that their whim is consistent with, there should be no individual rights guaranteed to all members of the population, and you ally yourself with medieval tyrants that still practice slavery. Your idea of what life should be like is an Orwellian dictatorship.
You are as radical of a conservative as can exist.
You'd know that if you had an education and could actually define words in the English language.
Now, which bags do you want me to help you with first?
Why should the good guys leave son?

Besides, you're the group who believes slavery was 'good.'

Just ask Bachmann.

I'd help you pack, but I'd rather you leave now and I'll just burn the stuff you leave behind.

Everybody wins that way!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
working hard?
That would be a foreign concept to a sponge like you, now wouldn't it, son?
As compared to you son, it's like going at light speed.
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

SHAQ Oneal has a PHD and still has to coon whats up with that can we see proper images of Black Men why does OBAMA put BLACK PEOPLE DOWN IN HIS SPEECHES where ever he goes, he doesnt do the same to anyother groups he doesnt do that with ILLEGALS and his RACISTS SUBURBAN LIBERALS doesnt have a problem with that and the BIGOTTED BLACK SUPPORTERS DOESNT HAVE ANY PROBLEM EITHER,and his SYRIAN BUDDIES ARE KILLING PRIESTS AND HE WANTS TO GIVE THEM MORE ARMS what a FARCE and he uses the same WMD LIES AS BUSH HOW IS HE ANY DIFFERENT

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> You know & comment on Obamas genitals alot too often. What's up with that? Too stupid to realize that your party is suffering big time because, of people like you & Carol. Racism is like breathing to y'all, you do it without thought!
I comment on his genitals a lot?

Hee, Hee.

I can see where your thoughts lie.

Are you salivating at this moment?

Weird, Kid.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Ghetto is not a Republican invention you dumbass.... Ghetto and stupidity are a man made demokratic urban disaster you idiot...
It just bothers people when you project ghetto on people when the demoKrats still have your dumbass still in chains you creepy-ass cracker..
It's the culture...
Thanks for proving that you and Floriduh are one and the same, both posting from Semenhole, FL, and both using the same old tired lines.

Waxturd needs to make up a new story line for you puppets!!

Peerhaps he can invent some new Ivy League children!!

Or post more bullshit about estates in England!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Former President George W. Bush defended PRISM, the Internet spying program that began under his administration but remained secret until The Washington Post and The Guardian revealed its existence last month.

"I put that program in place to protect the country. One of the certainties was that civil liberties were guaranteed," Bush told CNN in an interview airing Monday. "I think there needs to be a balance, and as the president explained, there is a proper balance."

PRISM began under Bush in 2007 and has continued under the Obama administration. The program allows the National Security Administration to collect internet and email data from the nation's biggest technology companies.

Bush spoke with CNN from Zambia, where he and his wife, Laura, are renovating a health clinic. The comments were his first since news about PRISM was made public, and his reflexive, nonspecific defense of the program will likely add to critics' case that it was approved with little oversight or debate.

Bush also said that Edward Snowden, who leaked the existence of the program to the newspapers and is currently believed to be in the transit zone of the Moscow airport, had harmed national security.

When asked if he is a traitor, Bush said, "I know he damaged the country."

More of the Bush legacy.

Let me guess, rightwingers: good under Bush, bad under Obama.

Carol maybe Bush has your old Topix password.
NJ raider 1

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see now...
Al Qaeda had explosives and RPGs in their attack.
When they got to the room Stevens barracaded himself in, they didn't use the explosives and RPGs with them. Instead, they tried to smoke him out of the room. Stevens died of smoke inhallation.
Then, the White House changes the intelligence and begins obviously lying for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack.
Sounds like a conspiracy, doesn't it?
I wonder if there are any related facts...
Oh, yeah. The goddam terrorists are in the White House every goddam day.
Kind of difficult not to connect those dots, isn't it?
Stevens was without his security detail, doing who knows what, with who knows who. That can take ones mind anywhere. No one knows what Stevens mission was or if he even was on a mission at all or, if that mission was sanctioned by the WH. Now connecting that to these unnamed unviable terrorist in the WH is a hell of a leap. You have a creative mind but, you're not an artist of any kind so, that's not a compliment!
On the other hand, I've given you connections between GWB & bin Laden before 9/11. Even on the day of 9/11. I've given you evidence showing Bush was well informed of the plot, knowing all the details &, even admitting to throwing said info in the trash &, calling off 2 separate investigations from 2 separate US govt agencies about the eventual hijackers taking flying lessons without taking the main parts, take off & landing. He still ordered both the FBI & CIA to stand down. These are real links that you chose to ignorantly ignore. What you gave me was, childs play. Evidence of a creative mind, otherwise no evidence!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
So, Ghost (Yeah) approves of "good" Fascists.
While Nobraina only approves of Hitler styled fascists.

The ones with a war on women, a war on gays, a war on the unemployed, a war on the poor, a war on immigrants.

If they ever launch a war on stupidity, Nobraina and Aunt Battie will be the first casualties.
OBAMA the GENIUS

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Kbr...that's the firm obama gave no-bid contracts to. I LIKE TO LIE!
How much would that caterer charge per plate for the same meal in a war zone thousands of miles away?
eeeeemoron!

We will never know:

But, the army used to make it's own food in a war zone.

Until it was outsourced to ONE COMPANY!

WITH A NO BID CONTRACT.

Panera bread could have made decent food for 5 bucks!

Use Army personnel fully trained to work in war zones.

$125,000 for a truck driver! USA paid.
$2 million dollar fire trucks for Iraq! USA paid!

It takes an act of God to get a new truck in anytown USA!

These were mostly unskilled used by contractors that cost many USA soldier lives?

What a crock of crap this is:

$6 TRILLION FOR WARS STARTED BY BUSH.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
You can stuff your "politically correct" crap right back where it came from Carol, your anal orifice.
Right wingers have their own brand of PC such as calling the ultra wealthy "job creators" despite the fact that very few of them actually create any jobs. How about calling the estate tax a "death tax" ignoring the fact that it affects only .14% of all estates who themselves will only pay on average 16.5%. There's also the infamous "death panels" made famous by Sarah Palin referring to the independent payment advisory board (or IPAB)–which is given the job of recommending cost-saving measures to the Secretary of Health and Human Services if Medicare expenses rise too quickly. The IPAB will consist of independent healthcare experts who are forbidden, by law, from proposing changes that will affect Medicare coverage or quality. In other words, they are a far cry from a death panel, with the ACA specifically noting that this group is not allowed to do anything that would “ration” healthcare. The law also makes sure that the IPAB is not in a position to make policy, but instead to simply make recommendations to the Secretary of Health and Human Services, proposals that Congress is specifically empowered to override if it sees fit. There's also the case where the Republican controlled legislature in response to a study on the impact of climate change on that state's shore lines omitted the terms like "climate change" and "sea level rise" with terms like "recurrent flooding" which is in fact caused by sea level rise attributable to climate change.
As for public schools, not all are the same. The system of funding schools through property taxes means that schools in well to do areas will have a distinct advantage over inner city schools or those in less prosperous rural areas. The result is that it's harder for these underfunded schools to attract good teachers or administrators.
One of my nieces graduated with honors from Mount Holyoke College and another recently graduated from Simmons in Boston one of my nephews recently graduated with honors from Amherst. They all came from public schools. My son also from the public school system is a senior at Catholic University in DC and has gone from being an unpaid Congressional intern to being hired as a Congressional staffer even before he's graduated.
The third or fourth time I hear the same dog bark, I get bored with it. Especially the one with the high-pitched girly voice.

Getcherself a Chihuahua avatar, Poop.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Former CNN morning show host Soledad O’Brien, the stupidest woman ever to graduate from Harvard, will be joining Al Jazeera America as a special correspondent, the network announced Monday.

O’Brien will contribute short-form segments to Al Jazeera America’s current affairs magazine program “America Tonight,” and her production company Starfish Media Group will produce hourlong documentary specials.

“O’Brien’s career producing and reporting on the human side of many of the most important stories of the past decade will fit in perfectly with what Al Jazeera America will be covering every day,” Ehab Al Shihabi, executive director of Al Jazeera’s international operations and the senior executive developing the new channel, said in a statement.“Her dedication to that type of journalism is what makes it so exciting to announce that she and her production company are joining the Al Jazeera America team.”

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>O'bama said he learned from Nelson Mandela-a murderer who blew up churches and was a communist. There is a nut shell tells me what Christians are in for in this country.
He also learned from Bill Ayers who also blew up things and is a communist azzhole.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

26 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 min voice of peace 67,928
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr truth 48,894
Presidential library planned for Chicago Chicag... 2 hr joey 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr ritedownthemiddle 45,779
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Milsack 174,600
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 4 hr TW_sugar_daddio 10
Amy 7-24 4 hr loose cannon 19
Abby 7-24 5 hr Pippa 42
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr Mister Tonka 97,524
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••