Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
859,741 - 859,760 of 1,084,883 Comments Last updated 2 min ago

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i would expect Obama's popularity to wane when he starts acting like Bush on steroids.
just look at how unpopular Bush was when he was in office.
Abraham Lincoln was vastly unpopular for doing the right thing too.

History has a way of exonerating presidents who were judged wrongly by the ignorance of their day.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
repeat propaganda?
that's rich coming from someone who's been repeating Obama myths for 5 years.
"sonic"
Myths regarding president nobama? The following are myths?
Since nobama took office;
- Unemployment is up
- Fewer American's paying federal income tax
- More American's using food stamps
- American household incomes down
- Home sales down
- Home values down
- Nobamakare a program a majority of American's dislike
None of the above are myths. All of the above are facts. We know your response will be it is Bush's fault. It's the republican controlled house that is at fault. What listed above is propaganda?
Peace
KMA
OBAMA the GENIUS

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

update II wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!
$6 TRILLION FOR BUSH DISASTER WARS!
$6 THOUSAND BILLION DOLLARS.
for war!
Death of hundreds of thousands of souls.
Ruined a whole country or two!
Your Bush.
ohhhhhhhhh and this:
$125,000 paid to non army truck drivers, plus billed out to taxpayers plus profits,
NO BID CONTRACTS.
$18,000 paid to army truck drivers.
Halliburton billed out $28 per meal per soldier! Use 2 plates, one to cover your food while you walk, Halliburton billed out another $28 for the second plate!
NO BID CONTRACTS.
$56 per meal! WOW! someone got paid off these wars!
..........TRILLIONS..........
200,000 soldiers, 3 meals a day, for 10 years!
My calculator couldn't go that high!
believe that is $3.8 BILLION for a $3 dollar meal!
republicans did that! waste and fraud?
Some company called KBR, formerly part of Halliburton,

MADE $39 BILLION DOLLARS OFF THE WARS!

WOW!

They did the food!$56 a meal?

I know a caterer that charges $9.95 per plate for prime rib AND roast turkey with all the sides, buffet style all you can eat!

These guys ate frozen fries!

Plus these NO BID CONTRACTS firms ran all the stores set up for 200,000 soldiers!

razors, haircuts, ipods, etc... a mini walmart style store on every base!

NO BID CONTRACTS.

do you love that?$125,000 for a non army truck driver?

USA army guy got $18,000 for the exact same job.

Your son was worth less?

Well the Bush government thought so!

WAR PROFITS. <----- good band name!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm telling you what NBC reported. There was never any distrust under the Bush administration. Germans can read too. They know this administration targeted even fellow Americans who they deemed suspicious. This president clearly stated the opposition, i.e. conservatives/Tea Party, are "a potential threat to democracy" right before the targeting and inquisitions began.
But your illogical Fox fixation is beyond help.
Your complacency, if it continues, will place you among millions of others who were also on the wrong side of history.
You need to prove that claim there was never any distrust under bushie boy son.

You continue to make these wild claims with nothing to support it.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt is more concerned about America's current Fascist dictator than about the past.
Fortunately for America, this fascist is headed in the 'right'(ie... correct) direction.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
88%
BWAAAAWW HAAAAAAAWWW HAAAAAAAAAWWWWW
That reminds me of those bullshit show elections for some third-world dictator who gets 90 percent of the vote.
Even an idiot like you should know not to post rediculous figures like that.
Rediculous, eh?? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA Being a Putin fan, you love RED.

Speaking of idiots, here's Dumbwaiter with his tinfoil hat predictions;

----------
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm thinking, especially in Nevada, those early "votes" will also be cast in California.
Looks like the Democrats just couldn't find enough people interested in early voting in Ohio.
But, woah! Look at what happened when the Republicans voted early.
Romney/Ryan takes Ohio.
... and Virginia, and Florida, and Wisconsin,... and Pennsylvania.
Obama is burned toast.
The only things I wonder about is what excuse he'll make for missing Romney's inauguration. There aren't any hostages being released, like Carter used.
This will be too much of a blow to his ego. He's going to get slaughtered in this election. He won't be able to face that.
I've got plenty more of these gems that prove the stupidity of Teabaggers..

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you really are living in the FOX bubble.
Bush-Era NSA Whistleblower Makes Most Explosive Allegations Yet About Extent of Gov’t Surveillance — and You Won’t Believe Who He Says They Spied On
Russ Tice, a former intelligence analyst and Bush-era NSA whistleblower, claimed Wednesday that the intelligence community has ordered surveillance on a wide range of groups and individuals, including high-ranking military officials, lawmakers and diplomats.
He also made another stunning allegation. He says the NSA had ordered wiretaps on phones connected to then-Senate candidate Barack Obama back in 2004.
“They went after–and I know this because I had my hands literally on the paperwork for these sort of things–they went after high-ranking military officers; they went after members of Congress, both Senate and the House, especially on the intelligence committees and on the armed services committees and some of the–and judicial.
He went on:“But they went after other ones, too. They went after lawyers and law firms. All kinds of–heaps of lawyers and law firms. They went after judges. One of the judges is now sitting on the Supreme Court that I had his wiretap information in my hand. Two are former FISA court judges. They went after State Department officials. They went after people in the executive service that were part of the White House–their own people.”
Then Tice dropped the bombshell about Obama.
“Here’s the big one,” he said.“[T]his was in summer of 2004, one of the papers that I held in my hand was to wiretap a bunch of numbers associated with a 40-something-year-old wannabe senator for Illinois. You wouldn’t happen to know where that guy lives right now would you? It’s a big white house in Washington, D.C. That’s who they went after, and that’s the president of the United States now.”
FBI whistleblower Sibel Edmonds and Tice agreed that such wide-ranging surveillance of officials could provide the intelligence agencies with unthinkable power to blackmail their opponents.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/06/20/bu... #
Bush who?
The problem for Sibel Edmonds and Tice is Bush never called his opposition "a potential threat to democracy" or had a desire to "fundamentally transform this country" or actually DID blackmail his opponents - unlike this administration.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that Bush refuses to criticize Obama should not be taken for an endorsement. In the words of President George Bush, "it just wouldn't do any good."
No, bushie boy just understands he's already done enough damage to America, Americans and the GOP party.

So he simply tries to stay away.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
When liberals don't trust this administration after the IRS debacle and John Kerry has to quell fears in Europe about Obama's NSA program, I'm pretty sure there's no longer a "proper balance" as was under the Bush administration.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/world/2013/07...
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/06/0...
Proper balance was Bush's 22% approval rating??

You're as batty as ever, Aunt Battie.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think MSN reporting that students at the University of Nevada will soon be able to sign up for drone studies alongside their English literature and calculus and that the Federal Aviation Administration plans to open U.S. airspace to drones by 2015 is paranoid, then you're Tiny Tim tiptoeing in the tulips.
What's wrong with drone studies? If it makes the country safer to open U.S. airspace I say why wait, do it now.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"sonic"
Myths regarding president nobama? The following are myths?
Since nobama took office;
- Unemployment is up
- Fewer American's paying federal income tax
- More American's using food stamps
- American household incomes down
- Home sales down
- Home values down
- Nobamakare a program a majority of American's dislike
None of the above are myths. All of the above are facts. We know your response will be it is Bush's fault. It's the republican controlled house that is at fault. What listed above is propaganda?
Peace
KMA
I notice you shut your stupid mouth after I showed you O'Reilly's support for the Senate Immigration Bill.

As least you've got the sense to shut up when you're made to look stupid - again!!

Aunt Battie can't bring herself to talk about it.

She burned her BillyO doll!!
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

I think this is a common Theme around the world now: Germans Loved Obama. Now We Don’t Trust Him, I see the rest of the world is now catching up with the American People!!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Mitt is a supporter of the Brotherhood. went through all of that yesterday. and if you still don't believe it, then you better read this....
Mitt Romney: The Smart Choice For Muslims
http://www.theislamicmonthly.com/mitt-romney-...
You keep lying about this - out of habit, I presume.

Show me where your links state "Muslim Brotherhood".

You and LCN must be the Psychotic Sisters.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>It still matters today . Iran still has that large , youthful population ,like in Egypt, Syria, and Turkey who see the virtues of Western and American-style liberalism as a civic good for their own country and not necessarily as a threat to the traditional Islamic culture .
Jean from Queens looks at the world in the same manner as many German Jews in the 1930s, believing the bad guys would see the light.

After all, they were loyal Germans.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>What's wrong with drone studies? If it makes the country safer to open U.S. airspace I say why wait, do it now.
and we are all for Homer getting his pizza delivery faster.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/lifestyle/2013/06...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

TSM wrote:
Move over Hillary’ Rachel Jeantel’ for President!!She is the Democratic Party, like Al Sharpton would say ‘she’s down for the struggle ‘still down, still struggling, still in the Herd and I know when Obama looks at Rachel he see his Daughters!!
BREAKING NEWS!!!

Hillary not running in 2016.

Brain tumor discovered during recent colonoscopy.
OBAMA the GENIUS

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Tell us Lil Boy, what other company could provide the services Halliburton supplied? I know I'll wait until hell freezes over, for an answer because you haven't a clue how government contracts work?
Are YOU on the glue?

The USA has THOUSANDS OF COMPANIES ready to get it done!

But they picked only one!

NO BID CONTRACTS.

fill in the price later!

would you hire a contractor like that? NO WAY!

$125,000 for a non army truck driver.

think about that!

YOUR USA Army son or daughter was paid $18,000.

THE BIGGEST RIP OFF EVER!!

$6 TRILLION DOLLARS TOTAL COST.

$6 THOUSAND BILLION DOLLARS.

ALL BORROWED BY REPUBLICANS.

EVERY CENT.

Borrowed against your next 40 generations.

for a stupid war.

IRAQ NEVER ATTACKED US, EVER. NEVER.

(it is said the USA provided Iraq with chemical weapons in the first place to use on Iran?)

CHRISTIANS walked the street in peace in Iraq,
Until the Bush Invasion.

Now YOU lose your head if you wear a cross in Iraq.

Thanks Bush: you set back relations a thousand years!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Some company called KBR, formerly part of Halliburton,
MADE $39 BILLION DOLLARS OFF THE WARS!
WOW!
They did the food!$56 a meal?
I know a caterer that charges $9.95 per plate for prime rib AND roast turkey with all the sides, buffet style all you can eat!
These guys ate frozen fries!
Plus these NO BID CONTRACTS firms ran all the stores set up for 200,000 soldiers!
razors, haircuts, ipods, etc... a mini walmart style store on every base!
NO BID CONTRACTS.
do you love that?$125,000 for a non army truck driver?
USA army guy got $18,000 for the exact same job.
Your son was worth less?
Well the Bush government thought so!
WAR PROFITS. <----- good band name!
Kbr...that's the firm obama gave no-bid contracts to.

How much would that caterer charge per plate for the same meal in a war zone thousands of miles away?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Good morning! I'm a fair person so, I defend Obama knowing full well the right is doing everything to see him fail. My knock on Obama is, he should focus like a laser on jobs &, stop being sidetracked on social issues. If the black president isn't going to push the black agenda as far as economic equality, it will never happen. The black unemployment rate is ridiculous. Other than that, I have no issues with him. The man is making Thanksgiving dinner out of table scraps. The right is so confused, they don't know whether to lose their identity to gain ground on the hispanic vote or, to stick to guns & lie, cheat, & steal those same votes. One things for sure, they'll never win the presidency again without the hispanic vote. The change in demographics is already too much to overcome!
Do you also play Dress-Up with the other kids?

His Egyptian Brothers are eating Crow and not a Thanksgiving Dinner of Roast Dog. No more White House barbeques for the brothers!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Abraham Lincoln was vastly unpopular for doing the right thing too.
History has a way of exonerating presidents who were judged wrongly by the ignorance of their day.
I couldn't have said it better myself. The same will be said about Obama. I do not think in the modern era we have ever seen a president judged more wrongly by the ignorance of their day than Obama.

You are living proof, you claimed a couple posts back that he was a Marxist, skip back a page and DBWriter referred to him as a Wahabbist Terrorist, go back a few more pages and another claimed in their opinion Obama is a Communist, Galt most recently just referred to him as a Fascist dictator.

It goes on and on and on.

'judged wrongly by the ignorance of their day.'

love it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

87 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 14 min andet1987 485
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 24 min TRD 68,104
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 42 min Terry rigsby 49,032
Ask Amy 8-1-14 43 min loose cannon 17
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Ghhh 68,457
Abby 8-1-14 1 hr Cass 9
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques in Ottawa 175,260
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr PEllen 97,587
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••