Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Nov 11

United States

#935910 Jul 1, 2013
Rare bird last seen in Britain 22 years ago reappears - only to be killed by wind turbine in front of a horrified crowd of birdwatchers
The white-throated needletail is usually only seen in Asia and Australasia
Forty birdwatchers dashed to the Hebrides to catch a glimpse of this one
But as they watched it was knocked 'stone dead' after impact with turbine

Liberals do not mind the bird's death because it was an Obama's wind turbine!!!

See? Liberals are brain dead hypocrites!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23502...
The Red Pill

Waynesboro, MS

#935911 Jul 1, 2013
Nancy Pelosi Booed For Calling Edward Snowden a Criminal at Netroots Nation Conference: You Suck!
Watch:

vs.

Sarah Palin: Edward Snowden Is Not The Problem - 6/21/13
Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#935912 Jul 1, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>the Bush's went to Africa and worked on their Aids charity. i can't picture Moochelle and the Chief Golfer not hanging with A-listers when they leave.
and yes, the days with Bush as president now seem like the good old days--it was tough to fill jobs--not enough candidates vs what we have now: employers not hiring because they are bracing for obamacare and more regulations and many americans have stopped looking or are forever underemployed.
Obama's legacy will have our grandchildren living in districts like in the Hunger Games.
They love Bush in Africa -

Popular in Africa: Bush has given more aid than any other US president

When President Bush came to power in 2001, the US spent $1.4bn a year on humanitarian and development aid in Africa. By 2006, the figure had quadrupled to $5.6bn a year. And it is likely to get bigger. The centerpiece of Mr Bush's aid to Africa is the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (Pepfar), a five-year,$15bn Aids prevention and treatment programme launched in 2003. His most recent budget proposes doubling the funding to $30bn over the next five years.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/afric...

Is that the 'charity' you were referring to? Our hard earned tax dollars?

As for the 'okay under Bush, bad under Obama?' I was asking that question with regards to the NSA spying.

"I put the program in place to protect the country, and one of the certainties is civil liberties were guaranteed," Bush said in the interview, which is scheduled to air on Monday afternoon. "I think there needs to be a balance [between security and privacy] and as the president described, there is a proper balance."
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#935913 Jul 1, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Emaam being stupid again.
A lot of the heat Bush took was from the no-bid contracts awarded to Cheney's KBR subsidary of Halliburton.
Not to mention the electrified showers they installed for our troops.
A 'shocking' way to run a war, to say the least.
No wonder Bush surrendered to Al Maliki.
Bing, boing, the loony tune is back!
jason

El Dorado, AR

#935914 Jul 1, 2013
Obamas a rube
American Lady

Danville, KY

#935915 Jul 1, 2013
UPDATED: UVA student jailed for possession of bottled water, ice cream

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/29/uva-student...

WE have loads of 'brain dead' cops TOO!

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#935916 Jul 1, 2013
Eman wrote:
Something to keep an eye on.
I worked for the forest service off and on for many years in the 90s. I worked in the El Dorado national forest many times. At that time, the forest service encouraged people to carry firearms for safety.
"PLACERVILLE (CBS13)— The fight that has the El Dorado County sheriff planning to revoke a federal agency’s enforcement power in his county is apparently over residents’ rights to carry guns.
Cory Ward is an avid outdoorsman who frequents the El Dorado National forest. But he’s concerned this paradise could turn into a police state.
“I have felt intimidated,” he said.
He’s got a long list of complaints against federal officers who patrol the forest.
“They want to know what you’re doing here, where you’re going, do you have any firearms on board.”
It appears this exploding confrontation between Sheriff John D’Agostini and the U.S. Forest service may come down to guns, and the right to carry them, and whether U.S. citizens are allowed to bring them onto federal land."
I know that it can be common to use jailed unmates to clean up trash along roads in parks.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#935917 Jul 1, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Former president George W. Bush said in an interview airing Monday that Edward Snowder has “damaged” the security of the United States by leaking information about secret programs — programs Bush defended as respectful of civil liberties.
“I know he damaged the country,” Bush told CNN.“The Obama administration will deal with it.”
Bush said he instituted the programs to protect the country and that protection of privacy was always a concern.
“I put the program in place to protect the country, and one of the certainties is civil liberties were guaranteed,” he said.“I think there needs to be a balance, and as the president explained, there is a proper balance.”
Bush, of course, dealt with similar concerns about his surveillance programs — particularly his warrantless wiretapping program.
Bush, like President Obama, is currently in Africa. The two are expected to meet Monday at the U.S. embassy in Tanzania.
Bush understands the "proper balance" between spying on suspected terrorists and suspected enemies of the state.

Bush took the opportunity to support Obama and the difficult spot he finds himself in now.

I think Obama finally quit blaming Bush for everything in January of this year.

Bush was also gracious enough not to remind us that Obama created the spot he finds himself in now.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#935918 Jul 1, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>They love Bush in Africa -
Popular in Africa: Bush has given more aid than any other US president
When President Bush came to power in 2001, the US spent $1.4bn a year on humanitarian and development aid in Africa. By 2006, the figure had quadrupled to $5.6bn a year. And it is likely to get bigger. The centerpiece of Mr Bush's aid to Africa is the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (Pepfar), a five-year,$15bn Aids prevention and treatment programme launched in 2003. His most recent budget proposes doubling the funding to $30bn over the next five years.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/afric...
Is that the 'charity' you were referring to? Our hard earned tax dollars?
As for the 'okay under Bush, bad under Obama?' I was asking that question with regards to the NSA spying.
"I put the program in place to protect the country, and one of the certainties is civil liberties were guaranteed," Bush said in the interview, which is scheduled to air on Monday afternoon. "I think there needs to be a balance [between security and privacy] and as the president described, there is a proper balance."
You keep talking about bush. Didn't you get any this past weekend?

Chambersburg, PA

#935919 Jul 1, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>the Bush's went to Africa and worked on their Aids charity. i can't picture Moochelle and the Chief Golfer not hanging with A-listers when they leave.
and yes, the days with Bush as president now seem like the good old days--it was tough to fill jobs--not enough candidates vs what we have now: employers not hiring because they are bracing for obamacare and more regulations and many americans have stopped looking or are forever underemployed.
Obama's legacy will have our grandchildren living in districts like in the Hunger Games.
Did Bush's secret service guards go with them? OMG OMG the costs!!!!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#935920 Jul 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that it can be common to use jailed unmates to clean up trash along roads in parks.
The in mates they use in those programs are the low risk, non violent types. But I'm not sure what this has to do with my story. It's not the inmates Forest service personnel are checking for guns.

Orlando, FL

#935921 Jul 1, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>As time passes Bush will look worse and Obama better.
Bush - Wars, complete economic meltdown...
Obama - saving the world from a 2nd Depression, healthcare reform...
Poor Homer. Now I just have to feel sorry for you.

Chambersburg, PA

#935922 Jul 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Obama does not have a law license?
Obama did not practice law without a license.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#935923 Jul 1, 2013
If OBAMA was the first AMERICAN PRESIDENT HE WOULD SUCK BECAUSE YOU COULD ONLY COMPARE him to OBAMA no BUSH 7 years later and he cant stand on his own record he is worst than BUSH noone kept talking about Clinton this far into his second term the SON PRESIDENT BILL CLINTONS SON OR BOY CHRIS TUCKER SAID IT ALL ON THE EBT AWARDS SHOW LAST NIGHT CLINTON WON THE ELECTION FOR OBAMA

Orlando, FL

#935924 Jul 1, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting for a book you have read on World War II
LOL
Same here. I'm interested to read your list.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#935925 Jul 1, 2013
Severe case of Bush Derangement Syndrome, for sure.
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Did Bush's secret service guards go with them? OMG OMG the costs!!!!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#935926 Jul 1, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
We won't be seeing Flake today, the DOW is up 160.
HAHAHAHAHA
'The sky is falling' nitwit doesn't much like it when the economy performs well.
I wonder how ol' Fred is doing with that gold he bought from Beck's hawking.
Gold down well over 30% from the peak in 2011.
Where's all the inflation you nitwits were predicting??
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I see you are still a moran on a stick! Wild swings up and down just like spring/summer of 1929. If you haven't figuired out the market is being propped up by fake money then you're too stupid to be in the market.

Chambersburg, PA

#935927 Jul 1, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Correctly:
The subjectively calculated unemployment rate using artificially decreasing numbers of unemployed is lower.
Now, how about you tell us how many people are working age, how many are ACTUALLY disabled, how many are studying full time, and tell us what the factual unemployment rate is.
The rte & how it is calculated has not changed.

Your post, like all of your posts, is irrelevant & Pathetic.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#935928 Jul 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Obama did not practice law without a license.
So?

Orlando, FL

#935929 Jul 1, 2013
Homer wrote:
Obama stopped a second Great Depression, reformed healthcare, reformed Wall street, some great accomplishments as well as numerous others, this will be his legacy. He will be a top 15 or maybe even top 10 president.
Bush will forever wallow in the 30's or possibly 40's
It helps when you looks at things objectively.
Better wait until after January 1 before praising the merits of Obamacare. Many Democrats are scared s---less.

Also, best to wait until next year before praising the merits of a reformed Wall Street when the Feds unplug the printing presses.

Not sure what the "numerous other" accomplishments are. Unless you mean the Middle East is imploding, suspicion and distrust is growing domestically and abroad after spying on his enemies and his approval ratings are plummeting mainly among students and independents.

Can you be more specific?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
EverGreen Belgrade 14 min servonazis 15
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques Ottawa 180,935
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 48,587
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 68,795
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr JOEL 70,617
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr j_m_w 98,695
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 6 hr Gary Seven 38
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]