Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1277108 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#935730 Jul 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
When liberals don't trust this administration after the IRS debacle and John Kerry has to quell fears in Europe about Obama's NSA program, I'm pretty sure there's no longer a "proper balance" as was under the Bush administration.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/world/2013/07...
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/06/0...
Proper balance was Bush's 22% approval rating??

You're as batty as ever, Aunt Battie.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#935731 Jul 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think MSN reporting that students at the University of Nevada will soon be able to sign up for drone studies alongside their English literature and calculus and that the Federal Aviation Administration plans to open U.S. airspace to drones by 2015 is paranoid, then you're Tiny Tim tiptoeing in the tulips.
What's wrong with drone studies? If it makes the country safer to open U.S. airspace I say why wait, do it now.

Location hidden

#935732 Jul 1, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"sonic"
Myths regarding president nobama? The following are myths?
Since nobama took office;
- Unemployment is up
- Fewer American's paying federal income tax
- More American's using food stamps
- American household incomes down
- Home sales down
- Home values down
- Nobamakare a program a majority of American's dislike
None of the above are myths. All of the above are facts. We know your response will be it is Bush's fault. It's the republican controlled house that is at fault. What listed above is propaganda?
Peace
KMA
I notice you shut your stupid mouth after I showed you O'Reilly's support for the Senate Immigration Bill.

As least you've got the sense to shut up when you're made to look stupid - again!!

Aunt Battie can't bring herself to talk about it.

She burned her BillyO doll!!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#935733 Jul 1, 2013
I think this is a common Theme around the world now: Germans Loved Obama. Now We Don’t Trust Him, I see the rest of the world is now catching up with the American People!!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#935734 Jul 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Mitt is a supporter of the Brotherhood. went through all of that yesterday. and if you still don't believe it, then you better read this....
Mitt Romney: The Smart Choice For Muslims
http://www.theislamicmonthly.com/mitt-romney-...
You keep lying about this - out of habit, I presume.

Show me where your links state "Muslim Brotherhood".

You and LCN must be the Psychotic Sisters.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#935735 Jul 1, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>It still matters today . Iran still has that large , youthful population ,like in Egypt, Syria, and Turkey who see the virtues of Western and American-style liberalism as a civic good for their own country and not necessarily as a threat to the traditional Islamic culture .
Jean from Queens looks at the world in the same manner as many German Jews in the 1930s, believing the bad guys would see the light.

After all, they were loyal Germans.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#935736 Jul 1, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>What's wrong with drone studies? If it makes the country safer to open U.S. airspace I say why wait, do it now.
and we are all for Homer getting his pizza delivery faster.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/lifestyle/2013/06...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#935737 Jul 1, 2013
TSM wrote:
Move over Hillary’ Rachel Jeantel’ for President!!She is the Democratic Party, like Al Sharpton would say ‘she’s down for the struggle ‘still down, still struggling, still in the Herd and I know when Obama looks at Rachel he see his Daughters!!
BREAKING NEWS!!!

Hillary not running in 2016.

Brain tumor discovered during recent colonoscopy.
OBAMA the GENIUS

Raleigh, NC

#935738 Jul 1, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Tell us Lil Boy, what other company could provide the services Halliburton supplied? I know I'll wait until hell freezes over, for an answer because you haven't a clue how government contracts work?
Are YOU on the glue?

The USA has THOUSANDS OF COMPANIES ready to get it done!

But they picked only one!

NO BID CONTRACTS.

fill in the price later!

would you hire a contractor like that? NO WAY!

$125,000 for a non army truck driver.

think about that!

YOUR USA Army son or daughter was paid $18,000.

THE BIGGEST RIP OFF EVER!!

$6 TRILLION DOLLARS TOTAL COST.

$6 THOUSAND BILLION DOLLARS.

ALL BORROWED BY REPUBLICANS.

EVERY CENT.

Borrowed against your next 40 generations.

for a stupid war.

IRAQ NEVER ATTACKED US, EVER. NEVER.

(it is said the USA provided Iraq with chemical weapons in the first place to use on Iran?)

CHRISTIANS walked the street in peace in Iraq,
Until the Bush Invasion.

Now YOU lose your head if you wear a cross in Iraq.

Thanks Bush: you set back relations a thousand years!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#935739 Jul 1, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Some company called KBR, formerly part of Halliburton,
MADE $39 BILLION DOLLARS OFF THE WARS!
WOW!
They did the food!$56 a meal?
I know a caterer that charges $9.95 per plate for prime rib AND roast turkey with all the sides, buffet style all you can eat!
These guys ate frozen fries!
Plus these NO BID CONTRACTS firms ran all the stores set up for 200,000 soldiers!
razors, haircuts, ipods, etc... a mini walmart style store on every base!
NO BID CONTRACTS.
do you love that?$125,000 for a non army truck driver?
USA army guy got $18,000 for the exact same job.
Your son was worth less?
Well the Bush government thought so!
WAR PROFITS. <----- good band name!
Kbr...that's the firm obama gave no-bid contracts to.

How much would that caterer charge per plate for the same meal in a war zone thousands of miles away?

Lapeer, MI

#935740 Jul 1, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Good morning! I'm a fair person so, I defend Obama knowing full well the right is doing everything to see him fail. My knock on Obama is, he should focus like a laser on jobs &, stop being sidetracked on social issues. If the black president isn't going to push the black agenda as far as economic equality, it will never happen. The black unemployment rate is ridiculous. Other than that, I have no issues with him. The man is making Thanksgiving dinner out of table scraps. The right is so confused, they don't know whether to lose their identity to gain ground on the hispanic vote or, to stick to guns & lie, cheat, & steal those same votes. One things for sure, they'll never win the presidency again without the hispanic vote. The change in demographics is already too much to overcome!
Do you also play Dress-Up with the other kids?

His Egyptian Brothers are eating Crow and not a Thanksgiving Dinner of Roast Dog. No more White House barbeques for the brothers!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#935741 Jul 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Abraham Lincoln was vastly unpopular for doing the right thing too.
History has a way of exonerating presidents who were judged wrongly by the ignorance of their day.
I couldn't have said it better myself. The same will be said about Obama. I do not think in the modern era we have ever seen a president judged more wrongly by the ignorance of their day than Obama.

You are living proof, you claimed a couple posts back that he was a Marxist, skip back a page and DBWriter referred to him as a Wahabbist Terrorist, go back a few more pages and another claimed in their opinion Obama is a Communist, Galt most recently just referred to him as a Fascist dictator.

It goes on and on and on.

'judged wrongly by the ignorance of their day.'

love it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#935742 Jul 1, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Rediculous, eh?? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA Being a Putin fan, you love RED.
Speaking of idiots, here's Dumbwaiter with his tinfoil hat predictions;
----------
<quoted text>
I've got plenty more of these gems that prove the stupidity of Teabaggers..
Ghetto is not a Republican invention you dumbass.... Ghetto and stupidity are a man made demokratic urban disaster you idiot...

It just bothers people when you project ghetto on people when the demoKrats still have your dumbass still in chains you creepy-ass cracker..

It's the culture...

Lapeer, MI

#935743 Jul 1, 2013
Red State Sucker wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally said something we can agree on. Flush all you crazy right wing morons and start over. Problem is, who on the right can lead this band of idiots back to sanity?
"we"??

Misery loves company. Stay out of my "we".

Location hidden

#935744 Jul 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem for Sibel Edmonds and Tice is Bush never called his opposition "a potential threat to democracy" or had a desire to "fundamentally transform this country" or actually DID blackmail his opponents - unlike this administration.
Your side's stealing of Constitutional rights from American citizens makes you a threat to democracy.

As the Supreme Court kicked you in the teeth with your denial of equal rights for gay Americans.

You approve of ending the Constitutional right to abortion, proving your lies about obeying the Constitution.

The Supreme Court is the final arbiter of what is Constitutional.

Doesn't matter to you nitwits, even as you claim to believe in the Constitution.. You just continue to ignore the Constitution and the Supreme Court.

And you wonder why your side has lost 5 of the last 6 popuolar vote elections.

Now that's really funny!!

I know, your fascism, like your racism is invisible to you. Just like Paula Deen.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#935745 Jul 1, 2013
Bush's legacy on the other hand has shown us all what a disaster he was as president. Pain we are still burdened with to this day and for many more to come.

Homer not sure we will ever fully recover from the Bush years and as we know Homer is the eternal optimist.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#935746 Jul 1, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
OBAMMY’S ENERGY PLAN -- 7 STEPS TO IMPOVERISH AMERICA
On June 25, President Obama gave a speech outlining his energy plan for America. The centerpiece is a directive for the Environmental Protection Agency to develop new regulations that will make it virtually impossible to generate electricity from coal in the United States.
This is harmful and absurd for many reasons.
First, by shutting down existing coal-fired power plants, it will effectively destroy trillions of dollars of private property.
Second, since those plants supply about 40% of America’s electric power, they will need to be replaced at great cost, which will be borne by ratepayers.
Third, all proposed replacements for coal are significantly more expensive, so using them will drive rates up further.
Fourth, increasing the cost of electric power is one of the most regressive forms of taxation possible, since, for example, stockbrokers making $30 million per year will pay nearly the same additional amount as families making $30,000 per year, despite a thousand fold difference in income.
Fifth, as a form of business taxation, increasing electric rates preferentially targets companies that produce real goods over those that profit through speculation or the collection of legal costs.
Sixth, by increasing the costs of American goods, the inflation of electricity prices will make U.S. industry less competitive, causing factories to shut down and throwing millions of Americans out of work.
And seventh, by depressing the American economy, the plan will cause the loss of massive amounts of federal and state income-tax revenues, thereby accelerating the nation’s descent into bankruptcy.
In addition to all this, the Obama plan will severely harm America by preventing it from becoming secure in its supplies of liquid transportation fuels.
Despite some recent growth in oil production and a depressed economy that has reduced U.S. oil consumption by 15 percent since 2007, the United States remains by far the largest oil importer in the world. Currently we import about 4.4 billion barrels per year, which at a price of $100 per barrel costs the nation $440 billion per year — an amount equivalent to the loss of 5 million jobs at $88,000 per year each.
Furthermore, as a result of this dependency, every time the price of oil goes up, the American economy experiences a major new tax — payable ultimately through the world market to the state-run oil companies of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries — which depresses our economy severely. This can be seen clearly in the graph below, which compares oil prices (adjusted for inflation to 2010 dollars) to the U.S. unemployment rate from 1970 to the present. It can be seen that every oil-price hike for the past four decades, including those in 1973, 1979, 1991, 2001, and 2008, was followed shortly afterwards by a sharp rise in American unemployment.
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/352362/...
Maybe this is to what he was really referring when he warned us a few years ago our "electric bills will necessarily skyrocket".

At least he was honest about that. But said Obamacare wouldn't cost us one thin dime.

This president really loves the struggling middle class to have to struggle as much as possible.

Why is that do you suppose?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#935747 Jul 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Fortunately for America, this fascist is headed in the 'right'(ie... correct) direction.
So, Ghost (Yeah) approves of "good" Fascists.

Location hidden

#935748 Jul 1, 2013
TSM wrote:
I think this is a common Theme around the world now: Germans Loved Obama. Now We Don’t Trust Him, I see the rest of the world is now catching up with the American People!!
Would you like to compare Obama's with Bush's?? Of course not, even you're not that ignorant!!

You're again proving how stupid you are.

Don't you read anything but Newsmax?? HAHAHAHA

----------

""WASHINGTON — US President Barack Obama’s ratings have plunged at home but he remains highly popular in Europe, with 75 percent in 12 EU nations approving his handling of global affairs, a poll said Wednesday.

He is also much better liked than his predecessor George W. Bush, whose rating in Europe was just 20 percent in 2008, said the Transatlantic Trends poll by the German Marshall Fund.

Since 2009, when Obama had a 80-90 percent approval rating in Europe, his popularity has declined 17 points in Spain, 13 points in Slovakia and 12 points in France and Italy.

But he still received an 82 percent approval rating for international affairs in Portugal and 81 percent in Germany and the Netherlands, with an average of 75 percent across the 12 EU states surveyed.

Obama’s success in eliminating Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden appeared to be a factor in his popularity in the EU, with 73 percent backing his efforts to fight international terrorism.""

----------

Stay ignorant, you prove how retarded Texas is, with you and Dumbwaiter acting more retarded than your Governor.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#935749 Jul 1, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Kbr...that's the firm obama gave no-bid contracts to.
How much would that caterer charge per plate for the same meal in a war zone thousands of miles away?
Irrelevant question, because the cheap-ass ghetto caterer couldn't serve even one hot meal in Iraq.

And what American would go to Iraq to drive a truck through IEDs in a war zone for $125K?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 14 min Prince Reebus 100,647
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 22 min RACE 1,723
Word (Dec '08) 23 min RACE 5,428
a teachers lament. 40 min Ferrerman 7
Need help from current chicago expert 55 min PEllen 2
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr woodtick57 196,951
Black lives matter 3 hr nonegs 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages