Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1251658 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

The Red Pill

Waynesboro, MS

#935372 Jun 30, 2013
Nixon Tape Discusses Homosexuals at Bohemian Grove
Watch:
The Red Pill

Waynesboro, MS

#935373 Jun 30, 2013
Racist Lyndon B. Johnson using "N" word in Phone Conversation
Watch:
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#935374 Jun 30, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Relief efforts are &, funding for said relief efforts are! You want to answer that question again?
No, funding of relief efforts is not a Constitutional function of the federal government, and implementing such efforts at the municipal level is even less a function of the federal government.
LCN Llin

United States

#935375 Jun 30, 2013
CSN Houston spoke with new Rockets rookie Isaiah Canaan about something that deeply affected his outlook on life coming up. Canaan is a Hurricane Katrina survivor, after the megastorm tore through his home of Biloxi, Mississippi in 2005. Canaan returned from a shelter with his grandmother after the storm passed to discover they'd lost everything in the house.

"I lost everything but a week, probably three, four days of clothes, a couple of pairs of my shoes, and my Playstation," Canaan said. "That's all I had to my name. For awhile, close to a month, I had no house, I was living out of a church, so I pretty much lost everything. I had to restart and work my way back in."

Canaan eventually was relocated to a FEMA trailer that is smaller as a whole than most people's bedrooms. He lived in that trailer for about two years.

via Overcoming disaster to acheive his dreams | CSN Houston.

In the interview, Canaan talks about how the experience helped him grow and mature, to appreciate what he has and to not take things for granted. It'll be important for him to draw on that experience with the Rockets, as Canaan is likely to spend considerable time developing for the Rockets' D-League team, the Rio Grande Valley Vipers. But if he's willing to persevere as he did after the storm, the payout will be with it, as many guards that have spent time in the Rockets' system have not only won NBA playing time, but major roles and bigger contracts.

Either way, an inspiring story from a young man who survived The Storm.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#935376 Jun 30, 2013
Well, what's going on in Syria?

http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/06/20220-c...

Here is Obama's friends chopping off someone's head only because he's a Christian.

Oh, yeah. We're not the stupidest country in the world....
LCN Llin

United States

#935377 Jun 30, 2013
The Red Pill wrote:
Nixon Tape Discusses Homosexuals at Bohemian Grove
Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =dPb-PN9F2PcXX
Nixon-Palin 2016
The Red Pill

Waynesboro, MS

#935378 Jun 30, 2013
Cyclops Jew ordered U.S.S. Liberty attack & LBJ let it slide.
Watch:
The Red Pill

Waynesboro, MS

#935379 Jun 30, 2013
Israel Attacks US Navy Ship USS LIBERTY zionist wilkileaks war crime
Watch:

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#935380 Jun 30, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Former Bank of America workers allege lies to homeowners
Six former Bank of America Corp. employees have alleged that the bank deliberately denied eligible home owners loan modifications and lied to them about the status of their mortgage payments and documents.
The bank allegedly used these tactics to shepherd homeowners into foreclosure, as well as in-house loan modifications. Both yielded the bank more profits than the government-sponsored Home Affordable Modification Program, according to documents recently filed as part of a lawsuit in Massachusetts federal court.
The former employees, who worked at Bank of America centers throughout the United States, said the bank rewarded customer service representatives who foreclosed on homes with cash bonuses and gift cards to retail stores such as Target Corp and Bed Bath & Beyond Inc.
For example, an employee who placed 10 or more accounts into foreclosure a month could get a $500 bonus. At the same time, the bank punished those who did not make the numbers or objected to its tactics with discipline, including firing...
Read More:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/breaki...
"Of all the banks in the United States, Bank of America Corp.(NYSE: BAC) has by far the most unsatisfied customer base. According to a recent report by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the bank has racked up the most consumer complaints to the CFPB since 2011 -- 20,512 complaints (and counting) to be exact."
http://www.ibtimes.com/bank-america-tops-well... #

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#935381 Jun 30, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> If that's what you call your litmus test, you have a very long way to go!
Who's the racist, the one who asked a racist question to a Blackman or, the Blackman that called the racist a racist? It's easy Waxman. Just a little harder than your litmus test!
Is "creepy-ass cracker" a racist comment?
I just have to know your answer to this.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#935382 Jun 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
No, funding of relief efforts is not a Constitutional function of the federal government, and implementing such efforts at the municipal level is even less a function of the federal government.
You cons should just come out and say that. I really would.

Or you'll wishy-washy like in New Jersey.

And worse still, like liars.
The Red Pill

Waynesboro, MS

#935383 Jun 30, 2013
McCain and Israel's Bombing of the U.S.S. Liberty (Ralph Nader)
Watch:
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#935384 Jun 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody stopped anybody from moving to high ground in advance of the storm. Granted most people were afraid to leave because they knew looting would occur as soon as they left.
Every levee, as well as any other engineered structure, has a design basis. Katrina exceeded the design basis for the levees. End of story.
Actually, the feds were supposed to upgrade the levees.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#935385 Jun 30, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
CSN Houston spoke with new Rockets rookie Isaiah Canaan about something that deeply affected his outlook on life coming up. Canaan is a Hurricane Katrina survivor, after the megastorm tore through his home of Biloxi, Mississippi in 2005. Canaan returned from a shelter with his grandmother after the storm passed to discover they'd lost everything in the house.
"I lost everything but a week, probably three, four days of clothes, a couple of pairs of my shoes, and my Playstation," Canaan said. "That's all I had to my name. For awhile, close to a month, I had no house, I was living out of a church, so I pretty much lost everything. I had to restart and work my way back in."
Canaan eventually was relocated to a FEMA trailer that is smaller as a whole than most people's bedrooms. He lived in that trailer for about two years.
via Overcoming disaster to acheive his dreams | CSN Houston.
In the interview, Canaan talks about how the experience helped him grow and mature, to appreciate what he has and to not take things for granted. It'll be important for him to draw on that experience with the Rockets, as Canaan is likely to spend considerable time developing for the Rockets' D-League team, the Rio Grande Valley Vipers. But if he's willing to persevere as he did after the storm, the payout will be with it, as many guards that have spent time in the Rockets' system have not only won NBA playing time, but major roles and bigger contracts.
Either way, an inspiring story from a young man who survived The Storm.
Good story, except that FEMA trailers are not smaller than most people's bedrooms.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#935386 Jun 30, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>"Of all the banks in the United States, Bank of America Corp.(NYSE: BAC) has by far the most unsatisfied customer base. According to a recent report by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the bank has racked up the most consumer complaints to the CFPB since 2011 -- 20,512 complaints (and counting) to be exact."
http://www.ibtimes.com/bank-america-tops-well... #
Find another bank.
ALICAI BANKS

Little Rock, AR

#935387 Jun 30, 2013
hobama has failed!!!

cc ndaa/wwiii/africom/jobless/hom eless/gunless etc

shame!!!!!!!

http://aliciabanks.xanga.com/773183566/hobama...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#935388 Jun 30, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey liar byytch!
FEMA!! FEDERAL AGENCY!!
(they deploy after major disasters, usually BEFORE a huge hurricane, hint: the USA can predict! Bushy boy could have ordered his agency to do it: Now! Helicopter some water in now! Today! NOW!)
But he was too busy counting his war profit free loot?
TRILLIONS FOR IRAQ WAR......
NO WATER FOR CITIZENS IN A DISASTER?
TRILLIONS FOR IRAQ: TRILLIONS!
hey dimmmmm bulb!
Can YOU count that high?
OBAMA WON! AGAIN! AMERICA HATES YOU!
... goddam idiots.

Care to back your brainwashed bullshit up with some numbers?

Did you know the total cost for the entire war in Iraq was less than the Democrats' Porkulus bill?... which was in response to the economic catastrophe caused by the Democrats' subprime housing mortgage underwriting program that collapsed our economy after two years of oversight by Democrats, by the way.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#935389 Jun 30, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
Well, what's going on in Syria?
President Barack Obama who agrees even more strongly with you. Our President has demonstrated on more than one occasion to be a very cautious , reluctant Commander-in-chief. He had plenty of opportunity and even greater insistence and support from leaders of Congress John McCain and U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham to not only arm the Syrian rebels but extend a no-fly zone over Syrian skies--that would ,according to France, be a violation of United Nations Resolution Article 7. Instead; the President remains cautious in involving the United States , the one super power on the planet ,too militarily---he has provided humanitarian aid and some small arms and training for the Syrian National Council which is recognized by 100 countries and international governments as the legitimate representatives of the Syrian people. As one top U S diplomat put it, the policy that President Obama has chosen appears to be the best , least harmful position to pursue out of a very bad set of choices.
Here is more on the Syrian National Council. http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/world/july-dec...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#935390 Jun 30, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You cons should just come out and say that. I really would.
Or you'll wishy-washy like in New Jersey.
And worse still, like liars.
Already said storm relief was not a legitimate federal government function, but guess a creepy-ass cracker like you can't read.

This is just one big shell game. New Jersey taxpayers foot the bill for storm relief in Florida, and then Florida taxpayers foot the bill for storm relief in New Jersey. Meanwhile the federal government takes a healthy slice off the top to feed the bureaucracy.

How about the novel idea of everybody either purchasing insurance to cover potential losses, or living with the losses?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#935391 Jun 30, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, the feds were supposed to upgrade the levees.
Bullshit. There was no plan other than Corps of Engineers maintenance.

Also, I remember when they were originally building those levees. You couldn't pick the paper up without reading on the front page about how all the money was being stolen.
Democrats stole the money during construction of the levees.
Democrats collapsed the city government the day before the storm hit.
Democrats collapsed the state government when the storm came ashore.
Two full days before the storm hit, one full day before the Democrat city government of New Orleans collapsed, Bush declared the area a disaster area and released all federal assets to the state and local governments. The federal government does not have the constitutional authority to pretend a state or local government doesn't exist, even if it collapses.
Democrats really screwed the pooch on that one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 51 min Sublime1 99,899
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr woodtick57 192,268
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr IBdaMann 53,987
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr RACE 6,144
Word (Dec '08) 5 hr RACE 5,325
Dear Abby July 3, 2015 5 hr RACE 5
Amy July 3, 2015 6 hr mrs gladys kravitz 3
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages