Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
858,561 - 858,580 of 1,101,744 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#934530 Jun 28, 2013
FutureGen Industrial Alliance Announces Carbon Storage Site Selection Process for FutureGen 2.0

Washington, D.C.- The FutureGen Industrial Alliance today announced details of a process that will lead to the selection of an Illinois site for the storage of carbon dioxide (CO2) collected at FutureGen 2.0, a landmark project that will advance the deployment of carbon capture and storage technology at an Ameren Energy Resources power plant in Meredosia, Illinois. Last month the Department of Energy signed two agreements, one with the FutureGen Industrial Alliance and one with Ameren Energy Resources that committed $1 billion in Recovery Act funding to design, build and operate FutureGen 2.0.

MORE INFO

FutureGen 2.0 Siting Guidance
FutureGen 2.0 Fact Sheet

"Today’s announcement is another important step forward for the FutureGen 2.0 project in Illinois," said Secretary Chu. "This first of its kind repowering project will create jobs in Illinois while advancing technology that can make the United States a world leader in carbon capture and storage."

"We are going to demonstrate to the world that we can use one of our greatest natural assets in a way that protects our environment and puts more people to work in Illinois. FutureGen will continue making Illinois an international leader in developing the latest in cutting-edge, clean coal technology," Illinois Governor Pat Quinn said.

"This is an exciting opportunity for Illinois communities to participate in a project that will put our state and our nation at the forefront of clean coal technology," said U.S. Senator Dick Durbin. "Under this competitive process, interested communities that meet the selection criteria will have a fair shot at hosting the CO2 storage hub, visitor’s center, research site and training facility. These facilities will create economic development, provide good-paying jobs and attract researchers and visitors from around the world."
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#934531 Jun 28, 2013
Release Date: October 6, 2010

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#934532 Jun 28, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Heaven forbid, CLEAN energy should get subsidized....
"My Clear Skies legislation will cut power-plant pollution and improve the health of our citizens. And my budget provides strong funding for leading-edge technology, from hydrogen-fueled cars to clean coal to renewable sources such as ethanol. Four years of debate is enough. I urge Congress to pass legislation that makes America more secure and less dependent on foreign energy."
— President George W. Bush, State of the Union, February 2, 2005
This is how short the ringers memory is, they are like goldfish. Both sides of politics believed in man made climate change until the GFC in 2008 then when money was tight it suddenly became a myth. Meanwhile, the Chinese put another 30 million cars on the road every year and none of this makes a difference. Along with a new coal powered power station every second week. Then the planet starts to get extreme weather , not once every 100yrs but every damn year now. Europe has been flooded 3 yrs out of 5, The US has been flooded, blown away and drought stricken all in the space of 5 yrs. In the Southern hemisphere, places like Australia the driest continent on earth has also been flooded 3 yrs out of 5. All the ice caps a melting, the coral reefs are dying, fish species going with it and what has the right have to say, "move along nothing to see here" History will judge these ppl complete morons for destroying their own home.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#934533 Jun 28, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in your head sweetie. Only in your head.
REALITY IS-

"We are going to demonstrate to the world that we can use one of our greatest natural assets in a way that protects our environment and puts more people to work in Illinois. FutureGen will continue making Illinois an international leader in developing the latest in cutting-edge, clean coal technology," Illinois Governor Pat Quinn said.

Is one area of the nation more deserving of clean coal technology than another?
Pardon, but some of us find that type of disregard rather offensive.
Mock My Words

Waynesboro, MS

#934534 Jun 28, 2013
Helen Thomas on the Media's Failure
Watch:

"They are owned by the Zionists" Helen Thomas
Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Helen Thomas Lays Into Gibbs
Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#934535 Jun 28, 2013
Mock My Words wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have any information that can prove that "jews" "DON'T" control the Federal Reserve, Congress, the Senate, the Supreme Court, the Whitehouse, Hollywood, corporate news, music, newspapers, magazines, sports (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL and etc) and on and on?
Yeah.

Biden for one.

DUHmmy.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#934536 Jun 28, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
This is how short the ringers memory is, they are like goldfish. Both sides of politics believed in man made climate change until the GFC in 2008 then when money was tight it suddenly became a myth. Meanwhile, the Chinese put another 30 million cars on the road every year and none of this makes a difference. Along with a new coal powered power station every second week. Then the planet starts to get extreme weather , not once every 100yrs but every damn year now. Europe has been flooded 3 yrs out of 5, The US has been flooded, blown away and drought stricken all in the space of 5 yrs. In the Southern hemisphere, places like Australia the driest continent on earth has also been flooded 3 yrs out of 5. All the ice caps a melting, the coral reefs are dying, fish species going with it and what has the right have to say, "move along nothing to see here" History will judge these ppl complete morons for destroying their own home.
Quite recently, in places where environments are consider, I saw quite the opposite....life teaming in newness.

The civilized world has a real clue on the many areas of environmental issues--the rest is just poliTics as usual.

They best not put NASA on the backburners too much however, as rogue asteroids could present serious issues should the protective layers feel the wraths of.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#934537 Jun 28, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>No, all true as I post here. "On Thursday, a bankruptcy court will review a proposal that would return 93 percent of the missing money to customers like Mr. Desai. And the trustee who has submitted the proposal, James W. Giddens, has quietly identified a way that, if sent to the judge and approved, could plug the remaining shortfall for customers in the United States, according to people involved in the case."... "The broad push to make MF Global customers nearly whole, a goal now surprisingly within reach, is a remarkable turnaround from the firm’s 2011 bankruptcy filing when such a recovery seemed impossible."..."The hearing on Thursday presents a turning point for several major players in the MF Global case, including the firm’s trustees, creditors and former executives.
For one, Mr. Giddens late last year made peace with an overseas administrator tending to the firm’s British unit and Louis J. Freeh, the MF Global trustee recovering money for creditors. The pact ended a bitter fight over access to limited resources.
And Jon S. Corzine, the former New Jersey governor who headed MF Global when it collapsed, can now claim some small degree of vindication. The European bonds at the center of a $6.3 billion bet by Mr. Corzine fully paid out when they matured in recent months."
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2013/01/29/mf-glo...
Just because the criminal makes restitution does not mean that no crime was committed.

Just out of curiosity, why do you still defend Mr. Goldman Sachs, the ultimate greedy corporate bankster?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#934538 Jun 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Heaven forbid, CLEAN energy should get subsidized....
"My Clear Skies legislation will cut power-plant pollution and improve the health of our citizens. And my budget provides strong funding for leading-edge technology, from hydrogen-fueled cars to clean coal to renewable sources such as ethanol. Four years of debate is enough. I urge Congress to pass legislation that makes America more secure and less dependent on foreign energy."
— President George W. Bush, State of the Union, February 2, 2005
Power companies were spending huge sums to implement clean coal technology until Obama made it clear that nothing they did would be good enough to satisfy the leftwing opposition to fossil fuels.

Clean coal technology was stopped dead in its tracks.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#934539 Jun 28, 2013
Watched a special investigative report about Benghazi tonight on Fox.

Being reminded again of the gross incompetency and deliberate lies on the part of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton in the wake of what must have been unimaginable fear and brutality for four Americans who were abandoned after their distress calls were ignored and their security removed distresses me greatly.

Hillary Clinton does not deserve to hold any office in the government. Her incompetency in the unbelievable timeline of documented events left four Americans dead.

This president does not deserve the office or the title representing our nation and our military. Levers available to him to prevent the deaths of these Americans on 9/11 were not pulled.

Because of Benghazi alone, I pray for the day to come when he is removed from office.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#934540 Jun 28, 2013
Mock My Words wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have any information that can prove that "jews" "DON'T" control the Federal Reserve, Congress, the Senate, the Supreme Court, the Whitehouse, Hollywood, corporate news, music, newspapers, magazines, sports (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL and etc) and on and on?
And your point is?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#934541 Jun 28, 2013
FutureGen Industrial Alliance Announces Carbon Storage Site Selection Process for FutureGen 2.0
Washington, D.C.- The FutureGen Industrial Alliance today announced details of a process that will lead to the selection of an Illinois site for the storage of carbon dioxide (CO2) collected at FutureGen 2.0, a landmark project that will advance the deployment of carbon capture and storage technology at an Ameren Energy Resources power plant in Meredosia, Illinois. Last month the Department of Energy signed two agreements, one with the FutureGen Industrial Alliance and one with Ameren Energy Resources that committed $1 billion in Recovery Act funding to design, build and operate FutureGen 2.0.
MORE INFO
FutureGen 2.0 Siting Guidance
FutureGen 2.0 Fact Sheet
"Today’s announcement is another important step forward for the FutureGen 2.0 project in Illinois," said Secretary Chu. "This first of its kind repowering project will create jobs in Illinois while advancing technology that can make the United States a world leader in carbon capture and storage."
"This is an exciting opportunity for Illinois communities to participate in a project that will put our state and our nation at the forefront of clean coal technology," said U.S. Senator Dick Durbin. "Under this competitive process, interested communities that meet the selection criteria will have a fair shot at hosting the CO2 storage hub, visitor’s center, research site and training facility. These facilities will create economic development, provide good-paying jobs and attract researchers and visitors from around the world."
Are you sure this project is still alive?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#934542 Jun 28, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Our governor made billions robbing Medicare!
Prove it, or is that a 'stupid ass cracker' remark?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#934543 Jun 28, 2013
Barack Obama, himself, planted the first seeds leading to the IRS chaos by labeling law-abiding Americans who simply participated in lawful dissent "potential threats to democracy".

That alone is enough to remove him from office.

I pray for that day to come.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#934544 Jun 28, 2013
ST. LOUIS and SPRINGFIELD, Ill., July 10 /PRNewswire/--
AmerenUE's Labadie Plant has earned the top spot among U.S. coal-fired power plants as the nation's lowest emitter of nitrogen oxide (NOx), according to 1999 U.S. Environmental Protection Agency data on electric utility plant NOx emissions. Nitrogen oxide emissions can contribute to ozone formation under certain summertime hot weather conditions. Reduction of NOx emissions can help to lower ozone levels and improve air quality.
In addition, the power plants of St. Louis-based AmerenUE and Springfield-based AmerenCIPS, hold 13 of the nation's top 20 spots in a 1999 ranking of generating plants with the lowest NOx emissions.(NOTE: On May 1, 2000, AmerenCIPS electric generating facilities became part of a newly created nonregulated company -- AmerenEnergy Generating Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ameren.) An operating company of St. Louis-based Ameren Corporation (NYSE: AEE), AmerenUE owns and operates the facilities occupying the top six spots in the listing.
To reduce sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxide emissions from its power plants, Ameren companies have spent more than $300 million since the early 1990s. AmerenUE invested in low-NOx burner technology at its Labadie, Meramec and Rush Island Plants in the metropolitan St. Louis area. At Labadie Plant, the company installed state-of-the-art computerized controls that monitor hundreds of variables on a nearly continuous basis and make fine adjustments to the air and fuel. In St. Charles County, AmerenUE's Sioux Plant pioneered the use of a staged combustion/overfire air system that reduces NOx cost-effectively in a cyclone boiler plant, which can't use standard low-NOx burner technology. That technology allowed Sioux Unit 2 to become the lowest emitting cyclone boiler in the nation.
Three AmerenUE plants received the 1998 Missouri Governor's Pollution Prevention Award for voluntarily and aggressively reducing nitrogen oxide emissions by more than 50% below the Clean Air Act requirements -- in spite of an increase in the amount of coal burned. Systemwide, since 1990 Ameren plants have reduced their NOx emission rate by more than 50 percent and their sulfur dioxide rate by more than 70 percent.
Selective Catalytic Reduction can achieve much higher reductions of NOx, but at significantly higher costs.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#934545 Jun 28, 2013
Another one ... Gone, gone, gone!
WHY? Can't ya "handle the TRUTH!"

Neighbor Describes Witnessing Confrontation in Florida Murder Case
By LIZETTE ALVAREZ
Published: June 28, 2013
SANFORD, Fla.— A prosecution witness who saw portions of the altercation between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin on Feb, 26, 2012, took the stand on Friday, bolstering the defense’s contention that Mr. Zimmerman was on the ground being beaten by Mr. Martin when the fatal shot was fired.

Using the term “ground and pound,” John Good, who lived at the housing complex where Mr. Martin was killed, testified that he walked out to his back porch and saw, about 20 to 30 feet away, someone in dark clothes “straddling” someone wearing white or red who was lying on the ground.(Mr. Zimmerman was wearing a red jacket that night.) The person on top, he said, was using “arm motions going down, not just once but multiple times.”

Mr. Good said he asked,“What’s going on?”

“No one answered,” he said.“At some point I said,‘Cut it out’ and ‘I’m calling 911,’ when I thought it was getting really serious.”

It sounded to him, he said, that the person on the bottom was crying out for help — a conclusion he said he reached using common sense and gauging the direction of the voice. But, Mr. Good added, he could not be “100 percent sure.”

Mr. Zimmerman, 29, the coordinator for the neighborhood watch program at the housing complex, is charged with second-degree murder in the death of Mr. Martin, an unarmed black teenager. Mr. Zimmerman told the police that he shot Mr. Martin in self-defense after the 17-year-old pushed him to the ground, punched him and repeatedly slammed his head into concrete.

MORE:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/29/us/neighbor...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#934546 Jun 28, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Watched a special investigative report about Benghazi tonight on Fox.
Being reminded again of the gross incompetency and deliberate lies on the part of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton in the wake of what must have been unimaginable fear and brutality for four Americans who were abandoned after their distress calls were ignored and their security removed distresses me greatly.
Hillary Clinton does not deserve to hold any office in the government. Her incompetency in the unbelievable timeline of documented events left four Americans dead.
This president does not deserve the office or the title representing our nation and our military. Levers available to him to prevent the deaths of these Americans on 9/11 were not pulled.
Because of Benghazi alone, I pray for the day to come when he is removed from office.
There is a strange and dark familiarity between the Magic Negro persona and the Third Reich's Big Boy.

This piece below is very long but informative. In the very first parts, note how wonderful everyone thinks that Adolf is. He's just a swell guy. A great party host and completely non-threatening.

Sound familiar? Hollywood also supported Hitler with glee.

Sound Familiar? Very eery.

Mock My Words

Waynesboro, MS

#934547 Jun 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
And your point is?
I ask you to provide "PROOF" "jews" "DON'T"own and control every "fúçkin" thing and you ask me what's my point. Are you serious, or just another "willfully ignorant", "Zionist" semen soaked "sock" that refuses to acknowledge the "truth".
forks_made_leo_f at

Oklahoma City, OK

#934548 Jun 28, 2013
What Obama supporters are saying about the Zimmerman trial...

http://twitchy.com/2013/06/27/ima-kill-me-a-c...
Mock My Words

Waynesboro, MS

#934549 Jun 28, 2013
Saturn Boy... don't you dare mention "Hollywood" again without mentioning the "FACT" that "jews" created, control, and own it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Stu Rumsfield 177,534
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 1 hr Slewer 57
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 69,093
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr RACE 97,985
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr JonahI 49,515
CHICAGO: 5-Dead, 42-Wounded In the 2014 Labor D... 2 hr YOUNG BLACK KILLERS 1
Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs (Jun '09) 3 hr OPERATION BID RIG 109,598
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago