Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#933843 Jun 27, 2013
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>Al Gore buys his carbon off-sets credits from himself--the Generation Investment Management LLP, "an independent, private, owner-managed partnership established in 2004 with offices in London and Washington, D.C." of which he is both chairman and founding partner you idiot.
Al Gore: world's first carbon billionaire? Who do you buy your carbon offset credits from for that Z-350 Greg??
It's the culture..
The same place I have for the Mercedes and BMW, a roof full of solar panels plus a carbon tax. No doubt you can google earth it and see. Where do you buy yours for the swamp boat.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#933844 Jun 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
sprained ankle? so he could win government contracts.
A sports injury from school. That he got some doctor to declare as military aggravated. Got 30% disability and gov contracts.

Unbelievable, but it happened
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933845 Jun 27, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda reminds anyone of rolling daily power outages in Caliphonybrokia on a regular basis, where generators are needed for back up. Uhoh and darn...there goes that carbon footprint on fuel usage again!!!!!!!!
(wonder what haz mat fees are on acrid battrees?)
http://www.solarsolutions.com.np/extra/Septem...
Every system dependent on wind or solar power requires a dependable backup source, most likely gas turbines.

So the consumers must pay for the capital cost of two complete power generators.

Makes sense, right.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933846 Jun 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
didn't know our Constitution applied to Britain.
and Geller & crew have a website that seems to still be spewing hate.
OK. So then we can ban British citizens whose speech is offensive?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#933847 Jun 27, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> You continually confuse nationality race & religion. The Saudi's are Arabs! What you call an Arab terrorist Empire is really just Muslim territory but, want to correlate all into one. Genius but, it doesn't work with me. Explain this, how was the surge working but, it eventually didn't work? Who stopped it from totally working? If you want to get technical, all Bush & the surge did was spread the terrorist cells. It was working so well that bin Laden slipped right between their fingers & held fort in neighboring Pakistan! 1 thing y'all will never answer is why was Bush doing business with a known global terrorist! I man bin laden was on Americas to 10 wanted fugitives list. Guess that flew right over your head huh?
Then WTH are we STILL doing hopping on over there..to Libya, in the midst of an Arab spring...while (already) departing from Afghanistan?
Wasn't one country ENOUGH to have to be hated in already?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#933848 Jun 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Every system dependent on wind or solar power requires a dependable backup source, most likely gas turbines.
So the consumers must pay for the capital cost of two complete power generators.
Makes sense, right.
If anyone's an idiot maybe. <eyeroll>
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#933849 Jun 27, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
A sports injury from school. That he got some doctor to declare as military aggravated. Got 30% disability and gov contracts.
wasn't it $500 million in contracts?

great scam.

you know, i think i hurt my big toe when i was at Gitmo.

no, not the prison.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933850 Jun 27, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Government disability retirements are a major scandal.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#933851 Jun 27, 2013
Edward Snowden is, according to U.S. media sources, the most wanted man on the planet, though it is worth pointing out that he is only the man on the planet most wanted by America. Pamela Geller, on the other hand, is most unwanted indeed by the UK, having been banned from entering the country and speaking at a rally organized by far-right group the English Defence League, or EDL. What Geller and Snowden share, however, is the unusual situation of their travel plans for this week being banjaxed by free speech concerns.

Snowden's name is rather more recognizable to the public ear than Geller's, even if Snowden himself has managed to remain practically invisible (despite the alleged reach and might of the U.S. security services) while sojourning in Hong Kong and Moscow's Sheremetyevo airport. Snowden's free speech case is complex: at issue is, first, whether the U.S. government can legally intercept "free speech" in electronic communications and, second, whether Snowden has a "free speech" right to demonstrate that, legally or otherwise, this is exactly what the U.S. government appears to be doing.

Geller's case is rather more simple. Her intended attendance at an EDL rally in London has been deemed by the British government as "not conducive to the public good." Both Geller and the EDL are shameless Islamophobes, hate-mongers and self-publicists. Geller most recently achieved notoriety due to posters placed by her organization, Stop the Islamization of America, on the New York subway. The posters alluded to Muslims being "savages" and urged commuters to "support Israel, defeat Jihad." Her defense to what was an obvious provocation was that this was all in the name of "free speech." The EDL are a neo-Nazi political group, a radical faction of the far-right political space. They are implicated in a spate of attacks on Mosques and Islamic community centres in the UK, following the fatal stabbing of young soldier Lee Rigby on May 22nd outside Woolwich barracks. Rigby was murdered by two assailants, one of whom claimed it was retaliation for the actions of British soldiers in Muslim countries. Quite rightly, the British Home Secretary Theresa May wrote that Geller's address to the EDL rally - in Woolwich, no less - would "foster hatred which might lead to inter-community violence". Quite predictably, Pamela Geller took this to be an attack on her "free speech."

I have an ambivalent relationship with free speech. The rights it grants -- Snowden's revelations notwithstanding -- allow me to write the words you are reading and the opinions they constitute, and they are rights which I wholeheartedly value and uphold. But I am uneasy with the idea that free speech allows me, or anyone, to incite religious or racial hatred. Hatred breeds violence, whether symbolic or actual. Inflammatory speech is calculated, by definition, to inflame. Geller's stock-in-trade is stoking some kind of ideological fire and what she really seeks is "the oxygen of publicity." Margaret Thatcher said that this is what terrorists should be starved of, and perhaps Pamela Geller should be, too.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/garethprice/pam...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#933852 Jun 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Locate solar generators in cities where the power demand exists, reducing the need for transmission corridors.
How about covering the Empire State Building with solar panels, with virtually no impact to the environment/
Win-win
Of course, Galt sees an immediate problem with urban solar problems...difficult for the sunshine to penetrate the graffiti.
But, yes, NIMBY, that's why you people want to destroy the desert instead of your urban paradises.
Remember the wind power facilities off Hyannisport killed by the Kennedys?
Well, I have to admit, you made me laugh with your graffiti comment.

That being said, NIMBY is a two way street. Those of us on the coast have had off-shore oil rigs forced upon us. Seems only fitting that those living in the desert learn to live with Solar Energy plants.
Florida

Seminole, FL

#933853 Jun 27, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
The same place I have for the Mercedes and BMW, a roof full of solar panels plus a carbon tax. No doubt you can google earth it and see. Where do you buy yours for the swamp boat.
swamp boat?? Creeping Flood Swamps Townships in Australia

It's the culture...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#933854 Jun 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. So then we can ban British citizens whose speech is offensive?
sure, why not?

anyone in mind? Russell Brand?

I like threesomes with two women, not because I'm a cynical sexual predator. Oh no! But because I'm a romantic. I'm looking for "The One." And I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time.
&#8213; Russell Brand

that do it for you? it sure would for me.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933855 Jun 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
wasn't it $500 million in contracts?
great scam.
you know, i think i hurt my big toe when i was at Gitmo.
no, not the prison.
Same as Solyndra.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#933856 Jun 27, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
It is beyond your limited ability to comprehend.
Just go to the back of the line and follow like you have so far.
We'll call you if we need you.
Here boy! Here boy!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933857 Jun 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Edward Snowden is, according to U.S. media sources, the most wanted man on the planet, though it is worth pointing out that he is only the man on the planet most wanted by America. Pamela Geller, on the other hand, is most unwanted indeed by the UK, having been banned from entering the country and speaking at a rally organized by far-right group the English Defence League, or EDL. What Geller and Snowden share, however, is the unusual situation of their travel plans for this week being banjaxed by free speech concerns.
"banjaxed"????

Obama apparently thinks Snowden is inconsequential.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#933858 Jun 27, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Democrats seem determined to shift the focus to this week's disclosure that "Progressive" was also on a list of terms used by IRS screeners from 2010 to 2012 to look for applicants with potential problems that would merit close scrutiny. In a letter obtained Thursday by The Associated Press, George acknowledged that "Progressives" appeared on the list. But he said there was no evidence the IRS set aside progressive groups' applications because they appeared on that list.
http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TI79GC...
poor Issa. he's getting his a$$ handed to him....
.... just like he asked.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933860 Jun 27, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I have to admit, you made me laugh with your graffiti comment.
That being said, NIMBY is a two way street. Those of us on the coast have had off-shore oil rigs forced upon us. Seems only fitting that those living in the desert learn to live with Solar Energy plants.
Tell that to the desert wildlife and plants.

Very few visible off-shore oil rigs in the US.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#933861 Jun 27, 2013
Thread 6 Day 14 (Week #3) Zimmerman Case Witness Discussion Thread

Today, June 27th, is DAY #14 (of 3rd week) State of Florida V. George Zimmerman case.

Yesterday Witness #8, Rachael Jeantel, did indeed take the stand. She will be back today to complete her testimony.
This is the states key, and most important witness.

This is also the witness we have exhaustively researched. Having quietly followed her social media, and having talked extensively, to her school classmates for over a year.

But before we discuss Jeantel, a summary:
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/06/2...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#933862 Jun 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to the desert wildlife and plants.
Very few visible off-shore oil rigs in the US.
Right. The Macondo
'accident' was so invisible.

Now the gulf states want us to believe 'all is better now' thanks to advertising money from BP.
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#933863 Jun 27, 2013
Hillary 2016. Wow what a President she will be. A history maker.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Scrutiny 178,111
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 16 min Mandela 68,515
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 36 min Petal Power 46,744
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr andet1987 4,726
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Mister Tonka 98,239
Adult Nursing Relationships (May '11) 1 hr Handcuff ottoman 137
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr KiMerde 49,882
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago