Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#933852 Jun 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Locate solar generators in cities where the power demand exists, reducing the need for transmission corridors.
How about covering the Empire State Building with solar panels, with virtually no impact to the environment/
Win-win
Of course, Galt sees an immediate problem with urban solar problems...difficult for the sunshine to penetrate the graffiti.
But, yes, NIMBY, that's why you people want to destroy the desert instead of your urban paradises.
Remember the wind power facilities off Hyannisport killed by the Kennedys?
Well, I have to admit, you made me laugh with your graffiti comment.

That being said, NIMBY is a two way street. Those of us on the coast have had off-shore oil rigs forced upon us. Seems only fitting that those living in the desert learn to live with Solar Energy plants.
Florida

Seminole, FL

#933853 Jun 27, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
The same place I have for the Mercedes and BMW, a roof full of solar panels plus a carbon tax. No doubt you can google earth it and see. Where do you buy yours for the swamp boat.
swamp boat?? Creeping Flood Swamps Townships in Australia

It's the culture...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#933854 Jun 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. So then we can ban British citizens whose speech is offensive?
sure, why not?

anyone in mind? Russell Brand?

“I like threesomes with two women, not because I'm a cynical sexual predator. Oh no! But because I'm a romantic. I'm looking for "The One." And I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time.”
&#8213; Russell Brand

that do it for you? it sure would for me.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933855 Jun 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
wasn't it $500 million in contracts?
great scam.
you know, i think i hurt my big toe when i was at Gitmo.
no, not the prison.
Same as Solyndra.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#933856 Jun 27, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
It is beyond your limited ability to comprehend.
Just go to the back of the line and follow like you have so far.
We'll call you if we need you.
Here boy! Here boy!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933857 Jun 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Edward Snowden is, according to U.S. media sources, the most wanted man on the planet, though it is worth pointing out that he is only the man on the planet most wanted by America. Pamela Geller, on the other hand, is most unwanted indeed by the UK, having been banned from entering the country and speaking at a rally organized by far-right group the English Defence League, or EDL. What Geller and Snowden share, however, is the unusual situation of their travel plans for this week being banjaxed by free speech concerns.
"banjaxed"????

Obama apparently thinks Snowden is inconsequential.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#933858 Jun 27, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Democrats seem determined to shift the focus to this week's disclosure that "Progressive" was also on a list of terms used by IRS screeners from 2010 to 2012 to look for applicants with potential problems that would merit close scrutiny. In a letter obtained Thursday by The Associated Press, George acknowledged that "Progressives" appeared on the list. But he said there was no evidence the IRS set aside progressive groups' applications because they appeared on that list.
http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TI79GC...
poor Issa. he's getting his a$$ handed to him....
.... just like he asked.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933860 Jun 27, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I have to admit, you made me laugh with your graffiti comment.
That being said, NIMBY is a two way street. Those of us on the coast have had off-shore oil rigs forced upon us. Seems only fitting that those living in the desert learn to live with Solar Energy plants.
Tell that to the desert wildlife and plants.

Very few visible off-shore oil rigs in the US.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#933861 Jun 27, 2013
Thread 6 – Day 14 (Week #3) Zimmerman Case – Witness Discussion Thread

Today, June 27th, is DAY #14 (of 3rd week) State of Florida V. George Zimmerman case.

Yesterday Witness #8, Rachael Jeantel, did indeed take the stand. She will be back today to complete her testimony.
This is the state’s key, and most important witness.

This is also the witness we have exhaustively researched. Having quietly followed her social media, and having talked extensively, to her school classmates for over a year.

But before we discuss Jeantel, a summary:
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/06/2...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#933862 Jun 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to the desert wildlife and plants.
Very few visible off-shore oil rigs in the US.
Right. The Macondo
'accident' was so invisible.

Now the gulf states want us to believe 'all is better now' thanks to advertising money from BP.
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#933863 Jun 27, 2013
Hillary 2016. Wow what a President she will be. A history maker.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933864 Jun 27, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Thread 6 – Day 14 (Week #3) Zimmerman Case – Witness Discussion Thread
Today, June 27th, is DAY #14 (of 3rd week) State of Florida V. George Zimmerman case.
Yesterday Witness #8, Rachael Jeantel, did indeed take the stand. She will be back today to complete her testimony.
This is the state’s key, and most important witness.
This is also the witness we have exhaustively researched. Having quietly followed her social media, and having talked extensively, to her school classmates for over a year.
But before we discuss Jeantel, a summary:
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/06/2...
Unfortunately, the jury will never hear the truth about this piece of trash who apparently escaped the Planned Parenthood thinning of the herd.

Just another creepy-ass cracker.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#933867 Jun 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, the jury will never hear the truth about this piece of trash who apparently escaped the Planned Parenthood thinning of the herd.
Just another creepy-ass cracker.
This case should be named Race Card Liberals & Black Racists force the State of Florida V. George Zimmerman
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#933868 Jun 27, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Here boy! Here boy!
Are doing your bestiality routine again, libtard?

Ewwwww!!!

We knew you were ugly & creepy, but dogs? Heck, just grab a liberal woman.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#933869 Jun 27, 2013
leggy wrote:
<quoted text>
you have kids?
Baawwaahhhh!!!!

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#933871 Jun 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
didn't know our Constitution applied to Britain.
and Geller & crew have a website that seems to still be spewing hate.
"sonic"
A crew you would like to shut up?
Peace
KMA
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933874 Jun 27, 2013
brown eyes wrote:
Hillary 2016. Wow what a President she will be. A history maker.
Not black, no chance.

At least in the Obama Party.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933875 Jun 27, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
This case should be named Race Card Liberals & Black Racists force the State of Florida V. George Zimmerman
That about sums it up.
LCN Llin

United States

#933876 Jun 27, 2013
Fear grips Republicans

The U.S. Senate approved a landmark immigration bill on Thursday that would provide millions of undocumented immigrants a chance to become citizens, but the leader of the House of Representatives said the measure was dead on arrival in the House.

In a rare show of bipartisanship, the Democratic-controlled Senate passed the bill by a vote of 68-32, with 14 of the Senate's 46 Republicans joining all 52 Democrats and two independents in support of the bill.

But any air of celebration was tempered by House Speaker John Boehner, who hours before the vote emphasized that Republicans would "do our own bill," one that "reflects the will of our majority," many of whom oppose citizenship for immigrants who are in the United States illegally.

Any bill in the Republican-controlled House is expected to focus heavily on border security and finding immigrants who have overstayed their visas.

"Immigration reform has to be grounded in real border security," Boehner said.

Republican divisions over immigration were evident throughout the U.S. Capitol.

While Boehner was putting the brakes on the Senate bill, Republican Senator Marco Rubio of Florida, a possible 2016 presidential candidate, delivered a passionate speech urging passage of the measure that he helped write.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#933877 Jun 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"banjaxed"????
Obama apparently thinks Snowden is inconsequential.
"I'm not going to have one case with a suspect who we're trying to extradite suddenly be elevated to the point where I've got to start doing wheeling and dealing and trading on a whole host of other issues, simply to get a guy extradited so he can face the justice system," Obama said at a joint news conference with Senegal's President Macky Sall.

Sounds right to me. Snowden is a traitor who will NEVER be allowed to return to the United States. The damage has already been done. Good riddance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
amerikkkan gov bans bakesales 10 min real american 1
Need a business partner. 15 min real american 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min loose cannon 180,605
quit quoting from bible 20 min hands on AR 1
Who were the biggest White Gangs? (Apr '10) 56 min hands on AR 42
NO CANADA OIL to TX-OK! 1 hr hands on AR 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 51,235
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:00AM
Predictions for Bears' Week 12 Matchup
NBC Sports 7:46 AM
Jay Cutler wants to keep on rolling (out)
NBC Sports11:16 AM
Colts rule out Dwayne Allen and Gosder Cherilus
NBC Sports12:50 PM
Rob Gronkowski fined $8,268 for bouncer move
NFL 1:30 PM
Colt McCoy 'pushing' Robert Griffin III, Gruden says