Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 42,887)

Showing posts 857,721 - 857,740 of1,034,436
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

JesusMyLord wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, and Canada is ole so prosperous and powerful, which is why we defend both their southern and northern borders. Sounds like you are the racist.
Your IQ could really use some platform shoes right about now, Dood.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

DUMB ASS VOTERS wrote:
Now, let’s take a look at President Obama’s Oath of Office:
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
While some may say that Snowden committed an act of treason by revealing what might be considered “Top Secret Information,” if you take a little closer look you’ll see that it’s really Obama who’s committed treason.
Snowden’s oath states: I pledge that I will never publish or reveal, by any means, classified project information to unauthorized persons.
Obama’s oath states: I will protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
And the Fourth Amendment of the Constitution of the United States guards our right to be secure in our “persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures.” In other words, according to Louis Brandeis, an Associate Justice on the US Supreme Court from 1916 to 1939, we have the right to be “left alone.”
In reality, Edward Snowden is simply defending our Constitutional rights – and he’s doing a much better job at it than Obama ever has.
I MUST SAY I FEAR OBAMA MORE THAN I DO THIS GUY!!!!!!!!!!
Assange & Manning did the same thing, how about singing their praises as well. After all the only ppl who fear intrusion into their lives are those with something to hide. Maybe you are a lil like Hoover and like cross dressing. Too bad, if a spy sat or drone snaps a pic when you think no one is looking.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

hutnsa wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =TvKfZc_anZ8
Amazing and cool but hopeful
God is taking us.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The CBO is a plug-and-chug operation, using assumptions dictated by Congress. Their output is no better or worse than the assumptions used.
... whenever the news is bad but you'll cite them when it suits you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh well, it might be a bit late for that. I just don't understand why the rightwingers seem so surprised about spying; it's always been done, by every country. I just don't the general public should be privy to all intelligence operations; there's no need for it.
I also don't get why Bush & Co. brought prisoners to Gitmo rather then causing them to just disappear. Do we trade those 5 Afghanis for the American they're holding?
Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and again, I agree completely with them on this one however they do act as though nothing like this happened before N-day (1/20/09).

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
To the contrary, we will never forget 9-11-01 as long as one single Islamic terrorist continues to breathe.
That is why we so despise our so-called President fighting on the side of this human filth in Syria.
Really?

1) George W. Bush did Al Qaeda & Iran a huge favor by taking out their enemy, Sadam & Iraq.

2) Who forgot about 9-11? George W Bush when he declared the man to carried out those attacks irrelevant.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, excuse me. You prefer belly up.
Nope, you're still stuck in binary thinking. Ya know, its your panicky sense of doom that engages your hind-brain which puts you in that state of mind. It lights up your "fight or flight" response, only two choices. Your handlers know that if they can keep your paranoia ramped up you can't really engage your cerebral cortex where reasoning happens.

You're welcome.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Obviously not. Go and read the speech. You won't because it will upset your apple cart.
What speech?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberaltarian. Not really a libertarian and not really a liberal. Just has an irrational hatred towards conservatives.
Y'all have no idea what you're talking about. Show me ONE libertarian that excuses Bush's bungling of the economy and I'll show you another lying Republican who doesn't know what libertarianism is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, it did crash at the end -139.84
What happened?
As I stated there is no sure place for the money to go.
Try again this morning, green across the board.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
It was also before the dot-com bubble burst and Bush inheriting that recession and, of course, 9/11.
But at least you didn't blame him for the housing market crisis or the Feds putting the money accelerator to the floor.
The tax cuts spurred the economy after 9/11.
He made some spending mistakes but what president hasn't?
It's very possible Bush could have done a much better job turning things around than this president has done given one more term.
"possible"???

Partisanship makes you retarded.

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
Okay I am looking at the CBO report where they state that one would normally expect that those who gain a job another would loose a job but that is implausible.
So, please explain where are all these "new" jobs are originating from.
The CBO also state that they normally use current Unemployment figures and GDP but dropped that standard for this report.
Maybe you an explain how the weekly new jobless claims can be 350,000 yet we add jobs over the month.

Do ya think that many people are finding jobs as many are losing them?

You get dumber eery day.
blop

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

yappa yappa yo

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

DUMB ASS VOTERS wrote:
Now, let’s take a look at President Obama’s Oath of Office:
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
While some may say that Snowden committed an act of treason by revealing what might be considered “Top Secret Information,” if you take a little closer look you’ll see that it’s really Obama who’s committed treason.
Snowden’s oath states: I pledge that I will never publish or reveal, by any means, classified project information to unauthorized persons.
Obama’s oath states: I will protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
And the Fourth Amendment of the Constitution of the United States guards our right to be secure in our “persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures.” In other words, according to Louis Brandeis, an Associate Justice on the US Supreme Court from 1916 to 1939, we have the right to be “left alone.”
In reality, Edward Snowden is simply defending our Constitutional rights – and he’s doing a much better job at it than Obama ever has.
I MUST SAY I FEAR OBAMA MORE THAN I DO THIS GUY!!!!!!!!!!
Excellent.

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
General Electric, a tax-exempt Obama crony corporation, is making huge tax-free profits selling equipment to China for coal-fired power plants that will produce cheap power to drive America in to the ground.
Galt knows the GE follows tax laws that permit corporations to make billions in profit but pay no taxes. Instead of b*tching at the companies, Galt should b*tch at those who legislate the tax law.

China is still developing a major portion of their country. The plants they are installing are more efficient & less polluting than most of our coal fired generation plants.

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Blaming Bush for the 2009 deficit is absurd, because Obama added unfunded spending of $1 trillion as a gift to union pension funds.
Dumbass Galt thinks that the stimulus bill was all spent in 2009.

Economists, before Obama took office, hd already predicted a trillion plus deficit & that was before job loses hit over 750,000 a month.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Tenzing would call that propaganda. All other liberals will simply pretend you didn't post it. It became invisible as soon as Bush was credited for a good economy before the democrats ruined it with the bad mortgage loan crisis.
Are you still trying to peddle that crap Carol? The housing bubble started to deflate in 2006 a year before Democrats took control of Congress with very thin margins. The real cause was the de regulatory policies of the GOP. Phil Gramm inserted a key provision into the 2000 Commodity Futures Modernization Act that exempted over-the-counter derivatives like credit-default swaps from regulation by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission. These credit default swaps in addition to the equally unregulated mortgage backed securities created the crash of financial institutions that caused the recession, not anything that the Democrats did.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/ar... #ixzz2XDv4udG2
Why are you such a damned liar?

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

leggy wrote:
<quoted text>
What about 9/11, Doorknob?
What about this?
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
At President Clinton’s direction, no fewer than 10 federal agencies issued a chilling ultimatum to banks and mortgage lenders to ease credit for lower-income minorities or face investigations for lending discrimination and suffer the related adverse publicity. They also were threatened with denial of access to the all-important secondary mortgage market and stiff fines, along with other penalties.
The threat was codified in a 20-page “Policy Statement on Discrimination in Lending” and entered into the Federal Register on April 15, 1994, by the Interagency Task Force on Fair Lending. Clinton set up the little-known body to coordinate an unprecedented crackdown on alleged bank redlining.
The edict — completely overlooked by the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission and the mainstream media — was signed by then-HUD Secretary Henry Cisneros, Attorney General Janet Reno, Comptroller of the Currency Eugene Ludwig and Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan, along with the heads of six other financial regulatory agencies.
Clinton just directed that banks follow the current law.

Dragging out the CRA is all you right whiners got top try to explain how GW Bush tool]k us from a balanced budget to the worst recession in 80 years. M God you people are dumber than sh*t.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Walmart has closed some stores in China and perhaps some elsewhere in response to militant union pressure.
Sure moron, we all know that unions are really big in China.
You're an idiot Galt!
bear347

Americus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 857,721 - 857,740 of1,034,436
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

48 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min Mothra 43,021
Bundy Family Unearths BLM Mass Cattle Grave 14 min Filthy trash government 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 16 min Bernie_Boy 65,165
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques from Ottawa 167,658
Abby 4-20 1 hr Cass 4
GOOGLE Ignores EASTER every year 1 hr Buckeye 2
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr It is Time 3,781
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr PEllen 96,145
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance