Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#933732 Jun 27, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You've obviously never shopped for solar, kid. Go onto any number of websites and fill out their surveys. Then come back and post the results.
In Yeah's immediate area, things are too bright or sunny.

He'd be better off with a Wind Turbine considering how much he is a blowhard.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#933733 Jun 27, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong
Prove your claim.
PS I know you can't
Here's the proof but I don't expect you to understand it.

Ways and Mean Committee

Preliminary IRS Investigation Update—TIGTA’s Failure to Disclose that “Progressives” Were Included on the IRS “Be On the Look Out”(BOLO) list

"There are two key updates based on the Ways and Means Committee Democratic staff’s investigation of the Internal Revenue
Service’s (IRS) processing of tax-exemption applications:

First, the “Be On the Look Out” lists contained the word
“Progressives.” In May 2013, the Treasury Inspector General for
Tax Administration (TIGTA) released an audit report stating that the IRS used “inappropriate criteria” to process tax-exemption
applications. The Inspector General only disclosed in the audit
report that the “Be On the Look Out” lists used by the IRS to screen tax-exemption applications for processing contained the name “TeaParty.” Based on our investigation, it has become clear that the Inspector General failed to inform the Congress that the following category also appears on the same BOLOs that contain the “Tea Party” criteria and even appears on the BOLOs after the “Tea Party” criteria had been removed:

Category name on the IRS' "BE ON THE LOOK OUT" list:

Progressives: Political activities. Common thread is the word
“progressive.” Activities appear to lean toward a new political party. Activities are partisan and appear anti-Republican. You see references to “blue” as being “progressive.”

Summary of Evidence:

There was clear mismanagement on the part of the IRS Exempt Organizations Division in processing these tax-exemption
applications. This mismanagement has now been compounded by
the clear evidence that the Inspector General also mishandled this
investigation by failing to reveal that “Progressives” were also on the BOLO list that Determinations Unit employees used to screen
applications."

....Based on the recently received information, the Inspector
General seriously erred in not making clear in both the audit report and his testimony on this matter that “Tea Party” and “Progressives” were included in the BOLO lists that Determinations Unit employees used to screen applications. It is now clear that the audit conducted by the Inspector General was fundamentally flawed...."

"The Inspector General’s audit served as the basis and impetus for a wide range of Congressional investigations and this new information shows that the foundation for those investigations has been flawed in a fundamental way. When the Inspector General had the opportunity to inform Congress that “Progressives” was also on the BOLO list, he did not. When asked specifically at hearings, he was not forthright."

http://democrats.waysandmeans.house.gov/sites...

Lapeer, MI

#933734 Jun 27, 2013
aren't

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#933735 Jun 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Who was this "republican Bush appointee"?
"Darrell Issa (R-CA) is going to ignore facts once again, and forge ahead, even though he was called out Sunday by Representative Elijah Cummings (D-MD), the top Democrat on the House of Representatives Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

Cummings released a partial official interview transcript to Candy Crowley on CNN’s State of the Union Sunday, and it was revealed that the IRS manager behind the extra review of Tea Party groups described himself as a conservative Republican during the interviews." http://www.politicususa.com/2013/06/10/darrel...

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#933736 Jun 27, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Your obsession and addiction to idiot is Not only amusing you dumbass, but curious you moron...
It's the culture...
I've got a two-for going, two dumbasses feeding on the same bait at the same time. Life is good.

Lapeer, MI

#933737 Jun 27, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really, having set up a 501(c)3 myself I know it can be difficult to establish your credentials and anybody with a political purpose gets or should get extra scrutiny. I also know most teabaggers are retards who probably did intend to engage in electioneering which specifically bars you from 501(c)3 status.
Aside from all that I'm for abolishing the IRS.
Having struck out with pick-up lines in the bars, you come here and try to practice on polishing your BS.

How many years do you plan on practicing?

Location hidden

#933738 Jun 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The acting IRS Commissioner testified today that no progressive groups were targeted.
Go argue with him.
Got a link to that transcript? I can't locate any testimony.

Lapeer, MI

#933739 Jun 27, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever seen the movie Terminal with Tom Hanks?
That fool could be stuck in transit at the Moscow airport for years!! Where is he getting money from?
Terminal wasn't a movie, lily.

It was your neural diagnosis.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#933740 Jun 27, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
In Yeah's immediate area, things are too bright or sunny.
He'd be better off with a Wind Turbine considering how much he is a blowhard.
Yeah is that idiot Gilligan on Gilligan's island, that lost island in Hawaii..

Yeah is the new Gilligan now more stupid and deranged then the TV Gilligan ever was...

Yeah... Welcome to Gilligan's Isle...

It's the culture...
samyaza ancient watcher

Alice, TX

#933741 Jun 27, 2013
a black president ? Obama is not black. he is arab
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933742 Jun 27, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you tried out for the Trayvon Martin trial yet? I think you have what it takes.
No. Galt can read, so would be disqualified as a witness.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#933743 Jun 27, 2013
Emoron wrote:
<quoted text>
I've got a two-for going, two dumbasses feeding on the same bait at the same time. Life is good.
You are amusing you dumbass... Your fanatical obsession and addiction to deranged idiot is zeal and diligent amusing you moron...

It's the culture...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933745 Jun 27, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>"Darrell Issa (R-CA) is going to ignore facts once again, and forge ahead, even though he was called out Sunday by Representative Elijah Cummings (D-MD), the top Democrat on the House of Representatives Oversight and Government Reform Committee.
Cummings released a partial official interview transcript to Candy Crowley on CNN’s State of the Union Sunday, and it was revealed that the IRS manager behind the extra review of Tea Party groups described himself as a conservative Republican during the interviews." http://www.politicususa.com/2013/06/10/darrel...
Still no name for "Bush political appointee"?

Political appointee or Civil Service?

Cummings is an Uncle Tom and maybe even a "creepy-ass cracker."

Candy Crowley is a fat pig political garden tool.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#933746 Jun 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Groups Targeted by I.R.S. Tested Rules on Politics
When CVFC, a conservative veterans’ group in California, applied for tax-exempt status with the Internal Revenue Service, its biggest expenditure that year was several thousand dollars in radio ads backing a Republican candidate for Congress.
The Wetumpka Tea Party, from Alabama, sponsored training for a get-out-the-vote initiative dedicated to the “defeat of President Barack Obama” while the I.R.S. was weighing its application.
And the head of the Ohio Liberty Coalition, whose application languished with the I.R.S. for more than two years, sent out e-mails to members about Mitt Romney campaign events and organized members to distribute Mr. Romney’s presidential campaign literature.
Representatives of these organizations have cried foul in recent weeks about their treatment by the I.R.S., saying they were among dozens of conservative groups unfairly targeted by the agency, harassed with inappropriate questionnaires and put off for months or years as the agency delayed decisions on their applications.
But a close examination of these groups and others reveals an array of election activities that tax experts and former I.R.S. officials said would provide a legitimate basis for flagging them for closer review.
“Money is not the only thing that matters,” said Donald B. Tobin, a former lawyer with the Justice Department’s tax division who is a law professor at Ohio State University.“While some of the I.R.S. questions may have been overbroad, you can look at some of these groups and understand why these questions were being asked.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/27/us/politics...
But the IRS already admitted it's actions were inappropriate. Why do you l.l.w. keep making excuses for them? Oh, it's because you've never met a tax you didn't love.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#933747 Jun 27, 2013
Emoron wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot lily...

It's the culture...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933748 Jun 27, 2013
Mortgage rates at highest level in two years.

Fed losing control to forces of inflation?
GOPIdiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#933749 Jun 27, 2013
Weiner-Holder 2016 wrote:
gheys everywhere are cheering the supreme court and ghey marriage...what's next? democrats will wanna marry children
Vote Weiner-Holder 2016
What's next is the the GOP is once again on the wrong side of history, and will continue down the path of irrelevance.
Some GOP Congressional boob is already proposing a Constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage.
Pointless, just like the 38 votes to repeal Obamacare.

Location hidden

#933750 Jun 27, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Hee, Hee.
Haven't you hugged that cactus yet?
Wiki - 2003 invasion of Iraq: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_invasion_of...
"The invasion consisted of 21 days of major combat operations, in which a combined force of troops from the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, and Poland, invaded Iraq and deposed the Ba'athist government of Saddam Hussein."
So what's this pubescent BS about unilaterally invading a sovereign country without justification....????
Ever heard of the CRA and the Democrat's extreme enhancement of it?
Go embrace what's yours. Use two fingers and stroke lightly.
Fact: The Community Reinvestment Act encouraged banks to lend fairly and responsibly with those people who were deemed credit worthy. It was BUSH who decided that HUD should lend money to people who were incapable of saving for a down payment.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#933751 Jun 27, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
When you Tea Party whiners try to gain tax exempt status not meant for political groups then the IRS is doing their jobs.
If you wren't o GD dumb & knew the requirements, you wouldn't be dumb enogh to put "Tea Party" in your group's name.
Quit blaming the IRS for Tea Party stupidity.
Quit defedning the scumbags

"The Internal Revenue Service on Friday apologized for targeting groups with “tea party” or “patriot” in their names, confirming long-standing accusations by some conservatives that their applications for tax-exempt status were being improperly delayed and scrutinized."

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#933752 Jun 27, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
When you Tea Party whiners try to gain tax exempt status not meant for political groups then the IRS is doing their jobs.
If you wren't o GD dumb & knew the requirements, you wouldn't be dumb enogh to put "Tea Party" in your group's name.
Quit blaming the IRS for Tea Party stupidity.
Look up inappropriate

"The IRS Oversight Board is deeply troubled by IRS conduct described in the May 14 Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) report1. This behavior by a few individuals does a great disservice to the vast majority of IRS employees who discharge their duties within the letter and spirit of the law.

The use of inappropriate criteria to identify organizations applying for tax-exempt status indicates, in the Board’s opinion, a breakdown in the business processing system of the IRS."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min wojar 179,427
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 18 min Hamburg 50,642
very cute unuasual pix 1 hr ALL GOOD 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Mandela 68,666
omnipods boxes for sale 2 hr thanxlord 1
Amy 10-24 2 hr Mister Tonka 12
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 3 hr Anonymous91 54,522
Abby 10-24 9 hr edogxxx 23
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance