Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1274585 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#934014 Jun 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you want an immigration bill?
The immigration problem isn't going away. There are just too many here with deep roots. The pathway to citizenship covers more than a 10 year timespan and the solution to securing the border is, I think, a good one.

Whether it's the most fair solution - allowing illegal immigrants to get preference over those who are still waiting their turn just to come here - is the objection most have as well as illegal immigrants taking the low-skilled jobs away from American citizens.

But, to me, it's better immigrants earn their citizenship and start contributing than remain under the radar.

Most Republicans do want some kind of bill. Others know it's political suicide to fight any attempt to solve the problem.

If border security every 1000 feet is enforced by this administration, it will probably appease most Americans who would otherwise be opposed to the pathway to citizenship solution.

It's a big problem and no one really knows how to solve it. Especially me.

Your thoughts?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#934015 Jun 28, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Rachel Jeantel is party to the south Florida, Miami progressive crowd... Never elected a Republican mayor in the history of the city of Miami. They can't blame their problems on Republican, there are none...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rolferossphotogr...
It's the culture...
wth.. who be giving duh a veys cwayons away :-)

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#934016 Jun 28, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> That's just stupid. No doctor is going to complain about people on medicare wanting 'too many' physical appointments. Think! before you post next time.:-D
Physicians are already turning down Medicare patients by the droves. Too much costly and time-consuming bureaucratic paperwork.

Triple the amount of costly and time-consuming paperwork under Obamacare.

You supported the wrong president with the wrong agenda to solve the health care problem - and the nation's problems. You and others will eventually have to come to accept that.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#934017 Jun 28, 2013
Emoron wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you possibly be so blind to the hypocrisy of being for less government while supporting the government intrusion in a woman's RIGHT to choose?
How could you have possibly read that into my post?

In fact, all Galt suggested was that women were being treated as second-class citizens because abortion clinics are not held to the same standards as other outpatient surgical facilities.

There is no such right, but that's another story.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#934018 Jun 28, 2013
GOPIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama administration simply following Reagan's playbook:
amnesty for undocumented workers
Register American and Get a social Security number-THEN we'll consider thinking about anything further.

Until then-

NO.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#934019 Jun 28, 2013
FORMER United States President George Bush and his wife Laura are expected in Livingstone today for a private visit.
The former President left Texas yesterday and is expected to arrive at Harry Mwaanga Nkumbula International Airport Zambia at 07:00 hours.
Mr Bush’s visit is meant to support the Red and Pink Ribbon campaign, which aims at raising awareness on breast and cervical cancer.
According to a programme released by the Bush Institute, Mr Bush, together with Zambian officials and volunteers from the institute, will paint the Mosi-oa-Tunya Clinic.
The clinic will help in the detection and treatment of breast and cervical cancer.
Tomorrow, Mrs Bush will visit Songwe village in Livingstone.
First Lady Christine Kaseba is expected to join Mr and Mrs Bush for the official opening of the clinic on Monday.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#934020 Jun 28, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The immigration problem isn't going away. There are just too many here with deep roots. The pathway to citizenship covers more than a 10 year timespan and the solution to securing the border is, I think, a good one.
Whether it's the most fair solution - allowing illegal immigrants to get preference over those who are still waiting their turn just to come here - is the objection most have as well as illegal immigrants taking the low-skilled jobs away from American citizens.
But, to me, it's better immigrants earn their citizenship and start contributing than remain under the radar.
Most Republicans do want some kind of bill. Others know it's political suicide to fight any attempt to solve the problem.
If border security every 1000 feet is enforced by this administration, it will probably appease most Americans who would otherwise be opposed to the pathway to citizenship solution.
It's a big problem and no one really knows how to solve it. Especially me.
Your thoughts?
Improve border security first and then discuss the issue of illegal aliens already here.

Hiring thousands of extra border guards does not necessarily improve security.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#934021 Jun 28, 2013
WOW wrote:
FORMER United States President George Bush and his wife Laura are expected in Livingstone today for a private visit.
The former President left Texas yesterday and is expected to arrive at Harry Mwaanga Nkumbula International Airport Zambia at 07:00 hours.
Mr Bush’s visit is meant to support the Red and Pink Ribbon campaign, which aims at raising awareness on breast and cervical cancer.
According to a programme released by the Bush Institute, Mr Bush, together with Zambian officials and volunteers from the institute, will paint the Mosi-oa-Tunya Clinic.
The clinic will help in the detection and treatment of breast and cervical cancer.
Tomorrow, Mrs Bush will visit Songwe village in Livingstone.
First Lady Christine Kaseba is expected to join Mr and Mrs Bush for the official opening of the clinic on Monday.
A class act, without self-promotion.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#934022 Jun 28, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just more l.l.w. talking points. Border security is a fundamental function of government.
Nope, not a TP. Just another example of your hypocritical application of the concept of "less government". Don't feel bad, all retarded right-wingers have been taught that more = less.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#934023 Jun 28, 2013
Mr Obama will enjoy using his background and roots when he is in Africa to unite with and communicate to Africans about the need for good leadership.
On many occasions, Obama has appealed to African governments to embrace good governance and focus on national development.
He has also tried had to show Africans that he is their grandson, and that he is different from other American leaders.
But many Africans have received this appeal with mixed feelings. African leaders have described American presidents as hypocrites. It is a well-known fact that American presidents only partner with countries where there are mutual benefits.
If Muammar Gaddafi was to be raised from the dead today, he would certainly tell the entire world how American presidents have been ‘chameleons’.
The Syrian government is also another example where America is funding rebels to tople the legitimate government.
But on the other hand Mr Obama is busy going around the world promoting peace and unity.
So, Africa could be better off not to lose sleep over Mr Obama’s visit. It is on record that US presidents have always used their international visits to mock developing and Islamic countries. All they should expect from Mr Obama are the usual speeches that were full of motivational talk and unfulfilled promises.
Africans should also understand that the US, with its allies, is ashamed that Africa, which was called the ‘dark continent’, has achieved tremendous development and has found new partners in trading.
Africans should also understand that America is different from China. The Chinese visit Africa to offer support in economic development while the Americans want to come to mock African leaders.
So, should Africa expect anything from Mr Obama’s visit? Your answer is as good as mine!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#934024 Jun 28, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Putin throws down Obama
18.06.2013
By Xavier Lerma
Not so fast Mr. Hope and Change. Haven't you heard? There's a new Sheriff in town in the Middle East. President Putin reminded Barry that he's in charge. He already reminded Netanyahu recently after Israel fired into Damascus in early May. Afterward, Bibi sang a different tune. Putin's talent as a Judo expert is always useful in these situations. When Obama was continually arming Syrian rebels; declaring no fly zones and moving his Marines into Jordan Putin took quick action. Obama sang a different tune as well and even said, "and finally we compared notes on President Putin's expertise in Judo and my declining skills in basketball". The following video is in English and Russian:
http://english.pravda.ru/russia/politics/18-0...
Oh,yeah, that must be why Putin didn't look like much of a 'strongman' at the G-8 Summit with the sour puss expression on his face after President Obama took him down a notch or too with one look and a few choice words of reprimand for not backing the Security Council the U.N., and 100 countries on recognizing the Syrian National Council over bloddy butcher-boy Assad.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#934025 Jun 28, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The immigration problem isn't going away. There are just too many here with deep roots. The pathway to citizenship covers more than a 10 year timespan and the solution to securing the border is, I think, a good one.
Whether it's the most fair solution - allowing illegal immigrants to get preference over those who are still waiting their turn just to come here - is the objection most have as well as illegal immigrants taking the low-skilled jobs away from American citizens.
But, to me, it's better immigrants earn their citizenship and start contributing than remain under the radar.
Most Republicans do want some kind of bill. Others know it's political suicide to fight any attempt to solve the problem.
If border security every 1000 feet is enforced by this administration, it will probably appease most Americans who would otherwise be opposed to the pathway to citizenship solution.
It's a big problem and no one really knows how to solve it. Especially me.
Your thoughts?
If you want to talk about "political suicide", creating millions of additional Obamabots out of illegal aliens fits the bill.

You have clearly been brainwashed by the media, including your RINO friend Bill.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#934026 Jun 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Effective border security should save money in many other programs.
A typically air headed statement from the thread air head, Nobraina.

Why is it you offer stupid opinion when the facts are readily available?? Because you're what you've always been, Nobraina, a complete idiot.

CBO says the immigrants will add to Americas's prosperity, by reducing the budget deficit by $197 BILLION, ya freakin' Obamaphobic Teatard.

----------

How Would the Legislation Affect the Federal Budget from 2014 Through 2023?

CBO and JCT estimate that enacting S. 744 would generate changes in direct spending and revenues that would decrease federal budget deficits by $197 billion over the 2014–2023 period. CBO also estimates that implementing the legislation would result in net discretionary costs of $22 billion over the 2014–2023 period, assuming appropriation of the amounts authorized or otherwise needed to implement the legislation. Combining those figures would lead to a net savings of about $175 billion over the 2014–2023 period from enacting S. 744. However, the net impact of the bill on federal deficits would depend on future actions by lawmakers, who could choose to appropriate more or less than the amounts estimated by CBO. In addition, the total amount of discretionary funding is currently capped (through 2021) by the Budget Control Act of 2011; extra funding for the purposes of this legislation might lead to lower funding for other purposes.

----------

The 30 Billion for border security is a waste of money to get a few Reppugnant votes.. So much for fiscal responsibility from you nitwits.

I'm happy to see the House convince hispanics and asians that the Repugnant Party is a hateful group of old white idiots, dying off faster than they can be replaced. Hispanics don't have that problem.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#934028 Jun 28, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just more l.l.w. talking points. Border security is a fundamental function of government.
Oh, and you might want to point me to the clause in the Constitution that tasks the government with "border security".

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#934029 Jun 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Effective border security should save money in many other programs.
Care to spell out how those savings will be realized?

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#934030 Jun 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Improve border security first and then discuss the issue of illegal aliens already here.
Hiring thousands of extra border guards does not necessarily improve security.
Galt wants Big Government to 'spend money it doesn't have' on a huge public works project to hire 20,000 more border agents and build extensions for the border 'Freedom Wall'. Galt only likes 'small government' when it can't go to war against poverty,corrupt big banksters, and catastrophic climate change.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#934031 Jun 28, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just more l.l.w. talking points. Border security is a fundamental function of government.
We already have border security, nitwit.

The federal Government is responsible for securing our borders from invasions. This immigration thing is another dumb Repugnant hate fest. One that will hurt them greatly over time.

This is a huge waste of money specifically to get some Repugnant moron votes. From the idiots who can't even pass a farm bill, but can repeal Obamacare 37 times. Of course you favor it, you're the Princess of the Idiots.

So much for you nitwits and your fiscal responsibility.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#934032 Jun 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Improve border security first and then discuss the issue of illegal aliens already here.
Hiring thousands of extra border guards does not necessarily improve security.
It's actually going down.

So is the influx.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#934033 Jun 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to talk about "political suicide", creating millions of additional Obamabots out of illegal aliens fits the bill.
You have clearly been brainwashed by the media, including your RINO friend Bill.
Most 'immigrants' wanting to come to America are conservative, Catholic, non-interventionist(for strong defense at home ;''we take care of our own first'), pro-family values people

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#934034 Jun 28, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and you might want to point me to the clause in the Constitution that tasks the government with "border security".
Emaam will now attempt to change the subject..........

Watch and see.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min District 1 196,896
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min IB DaMann 54,491
abby 8-28=15 46 min Mister Tonka 6
Amy 8-28-15 58 min Mister Tonka 4
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr RACE 6,399
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr PEllen 100,627
abby8-27-15 3 hr Mister Tonka 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages