Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
857,621 - 857,640 of 1,099,250 Comments Last updated 11 min ago
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
LOL

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You shouldn't talk about things you don't understand son.
Oh look, "you're" back. Are you done playing name changing games?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I am still trying to follow your logic. So trash scattered across a land surface would be good as it has no environmental impact.
My point is: Opting for more coal-fired power plants over solar energy is nonsensical.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Point taken. When talking about heating water, payback period is the better term.
'Point taken.' You wuss. You never conceded anything to anyone ever, now all the sudden Galt is some kind of god to you.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. McCain has actually said that he "understands the frustration" of the Democratic senators. He is thoroughly disgusted with his fellow Republicans in the Senate as all patriotic Americans should be.
Why do you guys like establishment politicians so much?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
All activity has an impact, even your breathing.
Coal-fired power plants have engineered systems to minimize the impact.
Again with the personal opinion. Figures.
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Bush was kicking the everlovingshit out of them.
Today, the Arab terrorists are in the White House every day.
Without Obama's support, the Wahhabist terrorists would still be hiding, and they would not be on the verge of recreating the Arab terrorist empire that stretched unbroken from the Atlantic Shores of Morocco to the Afghan-Tibet border that Bush split in half and disassembled.
Obama is one of them, as is everyone in the White House.
You continually confuse nationality race & religion. The Saudi's are Arabs! What you call an Arab terrorist Empire is really just Muslim territory but, want to correlate all into one. Genius but, it doesn't work with me. Explain this, how was the surge working but, it eventually didn't work? Who stopped it from totally working? If you want to get technical, all Bush & the surge did was spread the terrorist cells. It was working so well that bin Laden slipped right between their fingers & held fort in neighboring Pakistan! 1 thing y'all will never answer is why was Bush doing business with a known global terrorist! I man bin laden was on Americas to 10 wanted fugitives list. Guess that flew right over your head huh?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
It better have worked this time. Got into my email, clicked on the link as instructed to finish signing up, it said I was registered and now the proof is in the pudding.
Your stats say you've been registered since June 13 and have made over a hundred posts.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
Yeah!! It worked!!!
Now, where were we? Before we were so rudely interrupted?
We were discussing the virtues of posting as 'Aunt Bettie Lou'

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
after Limbaugh's blowup yesterday i finally figured it out.
you're a dittohead. to the point of where you should be citing him as a source.
Limbaugh blew up yesterday? Funny, I didn't feel a thing.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know why you bother.
You can only fool people stupider than you.
Where's the fun in that?
Haha

Hahaha

Fake libertarian says...hahahahaha

Haha
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Goldwater would not have sacrificed 50,000 men in an unwinnable land war in Vietnam.
Senator Barry Goldwater (R-Arizona), running for the Republican Party nomination in the upcoming presidential election, gives an interview in which he discusses the use of low-yield atomic bombs in North Vietnam to defoliate forests and destroy bridges, roads, and railroad lines bringing supplies from communist China. During the storm of criticism that followed, Goldwater tried to back away from these drastic actions, claiming that he did not mean to advocate the use of atomic bombs but was "repeating a suggestion made by competent military people." Democrats painted Goldwater as a warmonger who was overly eager to use nuclear weapons in Vietnam. Though he won his party's nomination, Goldwater was never able to shake his image as an extremist in Vietnam policies. This image was a key factor in his crushing defeat by opponent Lyndon B. Johnson, who took about 61 percent of the vote to Goldwater's 39 percent.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/go...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>'Point taken.' You wuss. You never conceded anything to anyone ever, now all the sudden Galt is some kind of god to you.
Ok, then tell me when heating water starts paying you? Instigator!
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
already have.
It was both unfortunate and disastrous that the Republican Party nominated Barry Goldwater as its candidate for President of the United States.
In foreign policy Mr. Goldwater advocated a narrow nationalism, a crippling isolationism, and a trigger-happy attitude that could plunge the whole world into the dark abyss of annihilation.
On social and economic issues, Mr. Goldwater represented an unrealistic conservatism that was totally out of touch with the realities of the twentieth century. The issue of poverty compelled the attention of all citizens of our country. Senator Goldwater had neither the concern nor the comprehension necessary to grapple with this problem of poverty in the fashion that the historical moment dictated.
On the urgent issue of civil rights, Senator Goldwater represented a philosophy that was morally indefensible and socially suicidal. While not himself a racist, Mr. Goldwater articulated a philosophy which gave aid and comfort to the racist. His candidacy and philosophy would serve as an umbrella under which extremists of all stripes would stand.
In the light of these facts and because of my love for America, I had no alternative but to urge every Negro and white person of goodwill to vote against Mr. Goldwater and to withdraw support from any Republican candidate that did not publicly disassociate himself from Senator Goldwater and his philosophy.
While I had followed a policy of not endorsing political candidates, I felt that the prospect of Senator Goldwater being President of the United States so threatened the health, morality, and survival of our nation, that I could not in good conscience fail to take a stand against what he represented.
http://books.google.com/books...
States he did not like one candidate. Didn't diss whole party.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
The former commander of a four-member Army Special Forces unit in Tripoli, Libya, denied Wednesday that he was told to stand down during last year's deadly assault on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi.
In a closed-door session with the House Armed Services Committee, Lt. Col. S.E. Gibson said his commanders told him to remain in the capital of Tripoli to defend Americans in the event of additional attacks and to help survivors being evacuated from Benghazi.
"Contrary to news reports, Gibson was not ordered to 'stand down' by higher command authorities in response to his understandable desire to lead a group of three other special forces soldiers to Benghazi," the Republican-led committee said in a summary of its classified briefing with military officials, including Gibson.
http://azstarnet.com/news/national/govt-and-p...
Call it what you will, he was told to stay in Tripoli instead of going to provide assistance in Benghazi.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Limbaugh blew up yesterday? Funny, I didn't feel a thing.
"Funny, I didn't feel a thing"; emorons wife said on their honeymoon.
Sucks to be you.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is: Opting for more coal-fired power plants over solar energy is nonsensical.
Almost exactly. Solar's not a base load generator so the obvious better solution is nuclear dontcha think?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Senator Barry Goldwater (R-Arizona), running for the Republican Party nomination in the upcoming presidential election, gives an interview in which he discusses the use of low-yield atomic bombs in North Vietnam to defoliate forests and destroy bridges, roads, and railroad lines bringing supplies from communist China. During the storm of criticism that followed, Goldwater tried to back away from these drastic actions, claiming that he did not mean to advocate the use of atomic bombs but was "repeating a suggestion made by competent military people." Democrats painted Goldwater as a warmonger who was overly eager to use nuclear weapons in Vietnam. Though he won his party's nomination, Goldwater was never able to shake his image as an extremist in Vietnam policies. This image was a key factor in his crushing defeat by opponent Lyndon B. Johnson, who took about 61 percent of the vote to Goldwater's 39 percent.
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/go...
Just think if we had used nukes in vietnam, global warming wouldnt be a problem.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike you l.l.w. I can admit when I'm wrong.
So what happened to your buddy "yeah"? He screwed up his little name changing game. I don't know why these idiots play thst game, they always end up screwing up.
Yeah is Ghost, the filthy draft dodger from Moreno Valley.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh look, "you're" back. Are you done playing name changing games?
I'm really back. It's me. See, I'm in green and there's my old photo.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 23 min KiMare 49,401
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 36 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,267
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr voice of peace 68,337
HKN Record Label Need UpComing Artist Call_0805... 3 hr Mr Micheal 1
HKN Record Label Need UpComing Artist Call_0805... 4 hr Mr Peter 1
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 5 hr andet1987 1,448
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr litesong 46,275
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr j_m_w 97,897
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••