Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933564 Jun 27, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is: Opting for more coal-fired power plants over solar energy is nonsensical.
Opting for nuclear and natural gas in an orderly phase-out of coal may make sense, but abruptly closing coal plants in the hope that solar can fill the gap is ridiculous.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#933565 Jun 27, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
"Funny, I didn't feel a thing"; emorons wife said on their honeymoon.
Sucks to be you.
At least my wife was the only one present during our private time. The whole gang was at yours.

Sucks to be lilyskanks husband.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#933566 Jun 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Realtime probably pays the rack rate for hotel rooms.
Look up VIP Rewards, a great deal that is not a membership.
The website says what it says pal,$23 afternoon-members.

And remind your twin retarded mutt e-pal that you live in (cough) Southern California while he lives in (cough) shitsville, where the spotted owls fk the chickens.

Currently 94 dry desert degrees in Temecula.

Why don't you hop in the old Honda and go knock some balls around, the course is probably empty.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#933567 Jun 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Call it what you will, he was told to stay in Tripoli instead of going to provide assistance in Benghazi.
But not ordered to "stand down".

Basic tactics, the tendency is for people to move towards the action which leaves your assigned position defenseless.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933568 Jun 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Senator Barry Goldwater (R-Arizona), running for the Republican Party nomination in the upcoming presidential election, gives an interview in which he discusses the use of low-yield atomic bombs in North Vietnam to defoliate forests and destroy bridges, roads, and railroad lines bringing supplies from communist China. During the storm of criticism that followed, Goldwater tried to back away from these drastic actions, claiming that he did not mean to advocate the use of atomic bombs but was "repeating a suggestion made by competent military people." Democrats painted Goldwater as a warmonger who was overly eager to use nuclear weapons in Vietnam. Though he won his party's nomination, Goldwater was never able to shake his image as an extremist in Vietnam policies. This image was a key factor in his crushing defeat by opponent Lyndon B. Johnson, who took about 61 percent of the vote to Goldwater's 39 percent.
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/go...
The result being that LBJ sacrificed 50,000 American lives in Vietnam.

Galt would have voted for bombing the crap out of North Vietnam instead.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#933569 Jun 27, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>We were discussing the virtues of posting as 'Aunt Bettie Lou'
Aunt Bettie Lou is not me anymore. See my old photo?

However, I see no virtue in stealing someone else's identity.

But I'm very proud of myself for getting rid of that jerk in such short order.

So...did you see Hillary's video in 2002? When she said Saddam provided aid, comfort and sanctuary to al Qaeda?

That's what's important now. That you saw the video.

Location hidden

#933570 Jun 27, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm really back. It's me. See, I'm in green and there's my old photo.
That's not the most flattering picture, kinda look like a gray man.

Location hidden

#933571 Jun 27, 2013
Settle down Homer, I said GRAY man.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#933572 Jun 27, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The website says what it says pal,$23 afternoon-members.
And remind your twin retarded mutt e-pal that you live in (cough) Southern California while he lives in (cough) shitsville, where the spotted owls fk the chickens.
Why don't you hop in the old Honda and go knock some balls around, the course is probably empty.
The l.a. area would be southern california. I didn't know they call you "spotted owl". Is that your Indian name?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933573 Jun 27, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost exactly. Solar's not a base load generator so the obvious better solution is nuclear dontcha think?
No, the advocates of solar and wind truly believe that it is base load, or don't understand what base load means.

They also don't understand that the utilities can't just say "No power today, sorry, no sunshine or dark."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933574 Jun 27, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> I never denied Malcolm X's legacy but, I woot let him deny MLK his either! If you're so pro Malcolm X, you're saying you're pro black as to MLK being pro American, right? As a Blackman, I respect Malcolm X &, his sacrifices he made for my people but, MLK sacrifice wasn't for a race, it was for a nation. Weigh that in your scales of liberty!
Galt is not trying to contrast Malcolm X with MLK, but rather both with race pimps like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#933575 Jun 27, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Classic Willie Lynch move,"play the light skinned slave against the dark skinned slave!" Nobody Gives a shit what Malcolm X had to say in regards to MLK. That's not part of his legacy. They fought for 2 separate causes. I could say Malcolm X sold out the black race for a man made religion. That's my opinion, has no regards to my legacy. Dissecting your thoughts reminds me of high school biology dissecting frogs!
That first sentence was a handy bit of nonsense to avoid comparing the viewpoints of civil rights leaders of that time. In fact it is pure garbage.

Malcom X clearly stated his viewpoint
"The idea of a mass of blacks marching on Washington was originally the brainchild of the Brotherhood of Sleeping Car Porters’ A. Philip Randolph. For twenty or more years the March on Washington idea had floated around among Negroes. And, spontaneously, suddenly now, that idea caught on.

This was a national bitterness; militant, unorganized, and leaderless. Predominantly, it was young Negroes, defiant of whatever might be the consequences, sick and tired of the black man’s neck under the white man’s heel.

The White House speedily invited in the major civil rights Negro “leaders.” They were asked to stop the planned March. They truthfully said they hadn’t begun it, they had no control over it–the idea was national, spontaneous, unorganized, and leaderless. In other words, it was a black powder keg.

The next scene was the “big six” civil rights Negro “leaders” meeting in New York City with the white head of a big philanthropic agency. They were told that their money–wrangling in public was damaging their image. And a reported $800,000 was donated to a United Civil Rights Leadership council that was quickly organized by the “big six.”

Now, what had instantly achieved black unity? The white man’s money. What string was attached to the money? Advice. Not only was there this donation, but another comparable sum was promised, for sometime later on, after the March... obviously if all went well.

The original “angry” March on Washington was now about to be entirely changed.

Yes, I was there. I observed that circus. Who ever heard of angry revolutionists all harmonizing “We Shall Overcome...Suum Day...” while tripping and swaying along arm-in-arm with the very people they were supposed to be angrily revolting against? Who ever heard of angry revolutionists swinging their bare feet together with their oppressor in lily-pad park pools, with gospels and guitars and “I Have A Dream” speeches?

And the black masses in America were–and still are–having a nightmare."

The Autobiography of Malcolm X

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933576 Jun 27, 2013
Realtime wrote:
Tomorrow. Working today.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#933577 Jun 27, 2013
Malcom X on the Dem Party and LBJ-
"Anytime you throw your weight behind a political party that controls two-thirds of the government, and that Party can’t keep the promise that it made to you during election time, and you’re dumb enough to walk around continuing to identify yourself with that Party, you’re not only a chump, but you’re a traitor to your race." – Malcolm X

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#933578 Jun 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt is not trying to contrast Malcolm X with MLK, but rather both with race pimps like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.
When liberals start howling about hate and racism, the question that must always be asked is: who benefits?

Obama's Poverty Pimps Al, Jesse and others Is Destroying Blacks...

"There is a class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs and hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs - partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs."... Quote: Former Slave Booker T. Washington 1911..

The DNA of the democratic party is inbred with hate and racism

And.. One Hundred years later?.. Still... NO! Hope and NO! Change...

It's the culture...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933579 Jun 27, 2013
Realtime wrote:
Let me splain this to you Trixie.

For $99 per year, you get three free rounds and discounts on all other rounds. That yields the $23 rate as opposed to a normal $29 rate.

Memberships that allow free golf at any time are much more expensive.

Don't know where the thermometer you reference is located, but in the shade at the Galt mansion the temperature is 84 dry degrees.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LCN Llin

United States

#933580 Jun 27, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
I'm baaaack!
(Aunt Bettie Lou)
So bite me name stealer.
Clark is not who you think he is

Orlando, FL

#933581 Jun 27, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> No need to do that.
It's okay. It was easier - once I figured out how to type in the email website on the toolbar the way it's supposed to look so I could finish signing up. That's what was driving me crazy.

After that, it was a cinch.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#933582 Jun 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Call it what you will, he was told to stay in Tripoli instead of going to provide assistance in Benghazi.
....it’s clear from Hicks’ testimony that four Americans "getting killed" in Benghazi were already dead when the decision was made to keep the special forces team in Tripoli.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/event/218346

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/2...

Orlando, FL

#933583 Jun 27, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not the most flattering picture, kinda look like a gray man.
No, I uploaded my beach picture after my first post and signing in. Looks almost like the old one.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 min edogxxx 98,349
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min litesong 47,022
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 39 min Frijoles 69,523
PerfettoPerformanc2010 on eBay 43 min BarefootJoe 6
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 178,603
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 50,046
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Wolverine33 4,743

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]