Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 42,866)

Showing posts 857,301 - 857,320 of1,071,179
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
If a poster writes a thousand comments with 99% being valid, verifiable and substantive observations, I can respect them even when and if I disagree with those comments.
In your case, 99% of your comments are not valid, verifiable or substantive. You are a flake with a motormouth.
So, the personalities issue is unavoidable in many cases and especially in yours. A Skunk, by any other name, is still a Skunk, Dood.
Riiiiggghhhtttt says the drive-by mouthbreather. You've yet to make a cogent argument here. Seems irrelevant color commentary is about your limit.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure Carol, let's put it all on Planned Parenthood an organization that prevents far more abortions than they perform. The fact is that women were getting abortions before Roe v Wade. If you were lucky enough to find a sympathetic physician and could pay for the procedure a doctor would put down a diagnoses that required a D&C and the issue would be taken care of. If you weren't so lucky then you went to a back alley abortionist or self aborted in which case there was a high chance of infection and fatal septicemia .
People like you are so quick to condemn those who make the difficult choice to terminate a pregnancy but don't really care what happens after the child is born. You're always chipping away at the social safety net that would help women keep and raise their children and oppose measures like comprehensive sex education that's been shown to do more in preventing unwanted pregnancies in favor of abstinence only which has been shown to be a total failure.
You haven't demonstrated any kind of logic Carol, only total ignorance.
You asked a stupid question - how did I know abortions have skyrocketed since Roe v Wade - I answered it, and now you're arguing with yourself because you didn't like the answer.

Ignorance is bliss. The reality of abortion is not high on the liberal's agenda in preventing them by educating young women about the consequences of unprotected sex. The reality of a fetus having a heartbeat, vital organs, brain development and limbs and looking just like a baby before the end of the first trimester is nowhere on their agenda.

Planned Parenthood does not perform sonograms to show women what they are about to remove from their bodies to help them make an informed decision. For a reason. It would be too costly since abortions are the money makers for Planned Parenthood.

Liberals are now demanding abortions be legal after 20 weeks. If abortion isn't considered murder in the first trimester, it certainly is by the fifth month.

So basically you condone the killing of human life. Just admit it.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
southern racist conservative democrats.
and that's all there is to say about that.
... who now vote Republican,

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
What is that limit?
Since the carbon content has risen I'd say that we past it.

The Earth current aborbs about half of the CO2 emitted.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
southern racist conservative democrats.
and that's all there is to say about that.
What a crock. You irresponsible, lying libtards just say whatever you want without anything to back up your silliness.

I come from a family of Northern Democrats and am surrounded by the infestation of you misguided, ignorant leeches up here who are Democrats.

I saw them leave neighborhoods where blacks moved in and I hear these same Democrats make racists remarks about blacks.

You are full of it.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Ghetto is not a Republican invention you dumbass.... Ghetto is a man made demokratic urban disaster...

It just bothers people when you project your ghetto on Republicans when the demoKrats still have you in chains you idiot.

It's the culture...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Riiiiggghhhtttt says the drive-by mouthbreather. You've yet to make a cogent argument here. Seems irrelevant color commentary is about your limit.
Well this stunning rebuttal, says there "You have been told, Shinning"
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the carbon content has risen I'd say that we past it.
The Earth current aborbs about half of the CO2 emitted.
Wow! You can Google so you are a liberal know-it-all.

Too bad the earth didn't already absorb you so the rest of us don't haven to carry the load for your useless lazy ars.

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"At night, when photosynthesis is not happening, they give off much more CO2†than they absorb. While they're alive, overall, about half of the CO2†that plants absorb is given off as waste."
Who's uninformed, stupid liberal.
Here was your post: "Being natural means not man made. Before massive deforestation how much co2 were trees pumping into the atmosphere? Co2 also emerges naturally from the ground. To think nature has no way of dealing with it is stupid.
Read more at http://www.topix.com/forum/city/allentown-pa/... ;
You clearly indicated that trees were pumping CO2 into the atmosphere as a cause of an increase in CO2 levels.
Now you try to pretend that you knew all about trees being net absorbers.
Face it, You were too GD stupid to know about trees absorbing CO2 & now try to weasel out of your erroneous statement.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
What a crock. You irresponsible, lying libtards just say whatever you want without anything to back up your silliness.
I come from a family of Northern Democrats and am surrounded by the infestation of you misguided, ignorant leeches up here who are Democrats.
I saw them leave neighborhoods where blacks moved in and I hear these same Democrats make racists remarks about blacks.
You are full of it.
Anybody from New England personally knows someone who is a bigot/racist.
It is bad there.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You just described yourself to a T.

It was years in the making.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Deen is a democrat. Too bad you guys decided to trash her before checking it out. No worries, within a week all will be forgiven-the way it always is.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You are full of it.
Conservatives Try to Rewrite Civil Rights History (Again)

Iím still unsure of what this revisionism is supposed to accomplish. If itís to appeal to actual African American voters, you might want to try a different approach, since this one wonít work. But if itís to assuage guilt and assure conservatives that they are, and have always been, on the right side of history, thenóto borrow from President Obamaóplease proceed.

http://prospect.org/article/conservatives-try...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Iím still unsure of what this revisionism is supposed to accomplish. If itís to appeal to actual African American voters, you might want to try a different approach, since this one wonít work. But if itís to assuage guilt and assure conservatives that they are, and have always been, on the right side of history, thenóto borrow from President Obamaóplease proceed.
The KKK, demokratic party would have committed suicide if Herman Cain was elected..

It's the culture...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Well this stunning rebuttal, says there "You have been told, Shinning"
I could hear him stamping his feet when I read it:]
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Everyone wants social security disability?
Why the lawyers?
They know it is a scam.

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
If you are correct, many more people would be doing it, but as usual, your are woefully misinformed.
Solar is not prime time yet. I looked into this and the payback was not there. Maybe good for folks in the Southwest, but no up in the Northeast. Sure, you might get a credit if it is sunny in the summer every day of the month, but that is not reality.
I love the way you make a post that is factually bogus, and then you call other people idiots.
You must be a liberal know-it-all, for sure.
I am correct.

The return on solar panels is still over 20 years.(last I read).

There is a local group that looks at alternative power generation. Many have panels & their net effect is they make money from the electric company.

I am stating obvious facts. People can put panels on their roofs in the Northeast & produce enough electricity to cover their usage.

The idea you & galt don't know this just indicates how uninformed you are on the subject.

Knowing more that you right whiners doesn't make me a know-it-all. It just makes be the typical informed person because you people obviously do't know sh*t.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
The scandal surrounding the Internal Revenue Service's handling of tea party groups took a left turn this week after congressional Democrats revealed that the tax agency had also targeted liberal groups for scrutiny. The revelation led some liberals to declare that the controversy was a manufactured one, created by a partisan Republican (Rep. Darrell Issa of Vista) to taint President Obama.
If only. The new information changes the context profoundly, but it doesn't explain why IRS employees made wholly inappropriate demands for information from politically active groups seeking nonprofit status under Sections 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) of the tax code. Nor does it explain why applications from some groups languished for years while lower-level IRS agents waited in vain for guidance from headquarters.
The scandal has always had two main elements: the "be on the lookout" lists the IRS used to flag certain applicants for special scrutiny, and how that scrutiny was conducted. The first of these issues -- and only the first -- was recast this week when Rep. Sander Levin (D-Mich.), the top Democrat on the House Ways and Means Committee, released BOLO lists from August 2010 to April 2013. Although heavily redacted, they revealed that tea party groups were hardly the only ones flagged for extra screening.
Other would-be nonprofit groups singled out include "progressive" or "blue" organizations ("Activities are partisan and appear anti-Republican"), as well as those involved in "Occupied Territory Advocacy" ("Applications may be inflammatory, advocate a one-sided point of view, and promotional materials may signify propaganda"), medical marijuana, paying down the national debt, setting up regional health information exchanges and accountable care organizations and promoting open source software. Some on the BOLO lists had obvious political overtones; others simply presented new questions about who should receive a tax exemption.
The oldest of the BOLO lists released by Levin -- the ones from August 2010 through March 2011 -- indicate that the IRS had been flagging applications from progressive groups for some time, while tea party groups were newly receiving scrutiny. In the case of the former, the list says that "their 'progressive' activities appear to show that (c)(3) may not be appropriate." (Section 501(c)(3) groups collect tax-deductible contributions and may not engage in any campaigning.) For the latter, the list says the applications for (c)(3) or (c)(4) status should be sent to a particular IRS group for review with help from Exempt Organizations Technical, a group of experts in Washington.(Section 501(c)(4) groups collect donations that are not tax-deductible, and they may participate in political campaigns so long as it's not their primary activity.)
That was a desperate spin on the liberals' part. And you bought it. Were any progressive organizations denied tax exemption?

Did the IRS send the FBI to progressives asking them what they said in their prayers, what books they read or the names and addresses of all the members in their organization and leaked them to a hard rightwing conservative website which they published?

If you don't recognize this as KBG tactics and a gross infringement on civil liberties and that this would have never been tolerated before this administration, you're helplessly lost.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Deen is a democrat. Too bad you guys decided to trash her before checking it out. No worries, within a week all will be forgiven-the way it always is.
She should be an actress.
She puts on a great act.
Everyone says what they mean.
Why does her black friend do what
she says?
She pays him?
He is probably her body guard.
just saying

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
lol a progressive/commie rag

The American Prospect, Inc. has also received funding from the Bill Moyers-controlled Schumann Center for Media and Democracy, the Annie E. Casey Foundation, the Ford Foundation, the JEHT Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, George Soros's Open Society Institute, the Rockefeller Brothers Fund, the Surdna Foundation, and others.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 857,301 - 857,320 of1,071,179
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••