Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
LCN Llin

United States

#933326 Jun 27, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Joe Lieberman was the GOP answer to Vermont's Bernie Sanders. Lieberman ran a a 'Reform Democrat':libertarian on social and economic issues ,but Big Government GOP on war issues.
Lieberman was still accepted, as the Democrats do not engage in the wars destroying the republican party.

Other topic, Rolling Stones at 50 are amazing.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933327 Jun 27, 2013
<quoted text> Joe Lieberman was the GOP answer to Vermont's Bernie Sanders. Lieberman ran a a 'Reform Democrat':libertarian on social and economic issues ,but Big Government GOP on war issues.
Give dumbass Jean from Queens and the old bag will just keep on digging.

Bernie Sanders is a Democrat who chooses to run as a Communist because it gains him some attention not otherwise available to a backbencher from an insignificant state.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#933328 Jun 27, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Very few of the so-called liberals are open-minded ... they shout you down and won't let you speak if you disagree with them-John Wayne
Rethugs like yourself could have learned a thing or two about patriotism from John Wayne:

John Wayne after John F. Kennedy's election:

"I didn't vote for him but he's my president, and I hope he does a good job."
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#933329 Jun 27, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Can tell when someone is losing it on topix as the profanity come out instead of logic
eg. "biggest pile of horseshit".
I've never said the word "horseshit" out loud myself but laugh when other people say it. But if that's what you call profanity, it's time to grow up.

No one likes to step in horse doo-doo. Is that better?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933330 Jun 27, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Then enlighten me son.
If you don't already know the difference between ROI and payback period, then it would be impossible for anybody to explain to you.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#933331 Jun 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
right wing hate-mongers not welcome.
something to be proud of?
I forgot how much you loony left wingers hate the 1st amendment.
ProvenScience

London, KY

#933332 Jun 27, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you have a meth lab to tend to?
NO-and shame on the FDA for even letting it filter beyond where it was intended for use!

Would yew like a woooden indian blanket-we're running a speshull on leftovers today :-)...just one snake oil wooden nickel fer you.. Homer.

Now quit letting the stank stink the place up.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933333 Jun 27, 2013
Homer wrote:
What's up dummies and normal people?
Does Homer read cursive?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#933334 Jun 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Britain bans two anti-Islam U.S. bloggers
A government spokesman said individuals whose presence "is not conducive to the public good" could be excluded by the home secretary, the BBC reported.
"We condemn all those whose behaviors and views run counter to our shared values and will not stand for extremism in any form," he added.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...
Who?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#933335 Jun 27, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I give up. When?
I hasn't been.
LCN Llin

United States

#933336 Jun 27, 2013
<quoted text>Goldwater followed Truman and Eisenhower who ended segregation in the U S armed forces .
President Truman took the lead and wanted national health insurance in the 1940s. Goldwater told Nixon to resign in Aug.'74.

A bit of historical knowledge seems beyond the tea party types.
"tea partiers" are destroying the Republican party with their blind hatred.

McCain seems in charge of the GOP now often working with President Obama.
TheIndepnedentMa jority

London, KY

#933337 Jun 27, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Allow me to rephrase the question from Yeah - Are you on your medications or off?
Do you wipe that tail between your legs with the paper poised from the top, or from the bottom?

Inquiring, ignorant type mindlessness bobbleheadTics wannner know.

(Good thing I like you HOMER-as far as worms go anyway)

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#933338 Jun 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone agrees that the IRS shouldn’t have targeted groups with “Tea Party” or “Patriot” in their names for special scrutiny in awarding tax-exempt status. NBC News reports two agents have been disciplined for doing so, and the Justice Department announced a criminal probe. But so far no one has identified a single conservative group that was denied status in the controversial review, though some faced bureaucratic hurdles and had their tax-exempt status delayed.
In fact, the only known 501(c)(4) applicant to have its status denied happens to be a progressive group: the Maine chapter of Emerge America, which trains Democratic women to run for office. Although the group did no electoral work, and didn’t participate in independent expenditure campaign activity either, its partisan status apparently disqualified it from being categorized as working for the “common good.”
http://www.salon.com/2013/05/15/meet_the_grou...
Everyone agrees...except the loony left wingers here. Thanks
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#933339 Jun 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
At a House Ways and Means Committee hearing on Thursday, the person now running the IRS told lawmakers that groups whose names include a "diversity of political labels" were among those whose applications for tax-exempt status had experienced delays.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/i...
Another Republican witch hunt winding down with no fruit to bear. Be nice if Republicans actually governed for once eh?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933340 Jun 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Give dumbass Jean from Queens and the old bag will just keep on digging.
Bernie Sanders is a Democrat who chooses to run as a Communist because it gains him some attention not otherwise available to a backbencher from an insignificant state.
Insert the words "a shovel."
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#933342 Jun 27, 2013
Homer wrote:
What is Aunt Batty up in arms about today?
How are you rightwingers doing today? They say ignorance is bliss so I'm guessing you're doing okay.
Mainly, that Hillary stood in front of the Senate in 2008 and stated quite clearly and with much conviction that "Saddam was providing aid, comfort and sanctuary to terrorists including al Qaeda."

Did she just have a huge brain fart, Homer? Because I could have sworn Democrats insisted Saddam had nothing to do with abetting and harboring the enemy.

(Sorry for the offensive language, LNC.)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933343 Jun 27, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rethugs like yourself could have learned a thing or two about patriotism from John Wayne:
John Wayne after John F. Kennedy's election:
"I didn't vote for him but he's my president, and I hope he does a good job."
Hussein Obama is no John Kennedy.

Kennedy was an American citizen, war veteran, and had a long history.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#933345 Jun 27, 2013
So they tried the grind it out method and then the flurry method, what's next on the Republican scandal/witch hunt agenda?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#933347 Jun 27, 2013
Americans Rate Republicans, Democrats in Congress Poorly

Approval of Democrats is slightly higher, 34% vs. 26%

PRINCETON, NJ -- Thirty-four percent of Americans approve of the job the Democrats in Congress are doing and 26% approve of the job the Republicans in Congress are doing. Both approval ratings are on the lower end of what Gallup has measured for each party, beginning in 1999.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/163244/americans-r...

They both suck, but Republicans really suck.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#933348 Jun 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Homer read cursive?
Yeah except my own, my handwriting is lousy. Why do you ask? I've told you this isn't a dating site.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 32 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,838
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 41 min scirocco 71,045
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 50 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,884
2 cops executed in new york 1 hr The Pissed Citizen 1
More on the Eric Garner Saga 1 hr The Patriot 7
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr Cowobunga 51,254
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Brian_G 49,220
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:26 am PST

NBC Sports 8:26AM
Report: Executives suggest Bears could have to attach a draft pick to move Cutler
Bleacher Report11:56 AM
Eagles vs. Redskins: Live Score and Analysis for Philadelphia
Yahoo! Sports 5:54 PM
Eagles playoff hopes suffer with loss to Redskins
Bleacher Report 6:14 PM
RG3 Showing Enough to Remain Starter in WSH
CBS Sports 4:09 AM
Jay Cutler expected back with Bears in 2015, with new coaching staff