Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 42,862)

Showing posts 857,221 - 857,240 of1,072,636
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
stupid begets sad.
we feel sad for you.
It is your fault. You got Sonic so upset he now is stuttering.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you, I have no interest in Paula Deen. But the culture today delights in other people's suffering rather than looking at the man in the mirror.
Weiner is likely to become the mayor of New York after showing his weener to total strangers.
The bar has been lowered. Progressive liberals won't be happy until it's at ground level and will keep electing those who can still limbo under it.
Maybe more like slither under.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert Byrd was a high ranking member of the KKK - and a top-ranking member in the Democratic Party.
Paula Deen admits to a racial slur 30 years ago and her life is destroyed.
Liberals love to be holier than thou and throw the first stone and every single one they can find.
Paula Deen should have testified like an Obamabot...just say "I don't recall", or "to the best of my knowledge"...or just take the Fifth.

Did you use the n-word?..."I don't recall."
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
There is an awful lot of misinformation and untruth out there about the legacy of the two major political parties and the civil rights movement. Conservatives often like to use slight of hand, insisting that because the early Republican party was stronger in support of civil rights, this means that conservatives have the moral high ground. This is totally untrue.
Republicans – Moderate and Liberal Republicans supported civil rights. The Republicans who supported civil rights in America were not conservatives of the same ilk as George W. Bush, Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck. They were liberals and moderates, people like former Rhode Island senator Lincoln Chaffee and former senator governor Nelson Rockefeller.
Conservative Democrats opposed civil rights. The Democrats opposed to the civil rights movement weren’t Democrats with the center-left ideology of Bill Clinton and Barack Obama. They were, in fact, conservatives – especially from the south – with far more in common with Limbaugh, Beck, etc. than any modern mainstream Democrat. When people say that someone like notorious segregationist Bull Connor was a Democrat, they are technically right on the party label, but when it comes to ideology Connor and the rest of those opposed to racial integration were conservatives.
Read more: http://www.addictinginfo.org/history-democrat...
Southern racist Democrats opposed civil rights in every shape and form and at every turn.

That's all there is to say about that.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
The Conservative Fantasy History of Civil Rights
The civil rights movement, once a controversial left-wing fringe, has grown deeply embedded into the fabric of our national story. This is a salutary development, but a problematic one for conservatives, who are the direct political descendants of (and, in the case of some of the older members of the movement, the exact same people as) the strident opponents of the civil rights movement. It has thus become necessary for conservatives to craft an alternative story, one that absolves their own ideology of any guilt. The right has dutifully set itself to its task, circulating its convoluted version of history, honing it to the point where it can be repeated by any defensive College Republican in his dorm room.
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2012/05/...
An Ultra Leftist writing an Ultra-Left propaganda piece inside of an Ultra-Left Wing Media Spigot and you get all titillated to pieces. Wet your pants, girly.

I'm happy for you but not for your laundress.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

The Rolling Stones wrapped the U.S. leg of its 50 and Counting tour Monday in Washington D.C., concluding without any special guests this time, although Lenny Kravitz was in the house and went backstage for a visit with guitarist Ron Wood.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm. You do realize that we are talking about plant life don't you? Sure, new plants will probably grow in different places just as they did when the railroad went through but it will be a subtle difference. Solar panels will take the place of the plants now holding the dust and silt in place. IMO, it's a good trade-off to become less reliant on fossil fuels.
Actually, the plants will not grow and the soil will blow.

But the larger point is that extremely large areas of the landscape are defaced.

But, tell the truth. You think the desert is worthless.

PS: Houses with solar panels on the roof look like shit. Solar panels look like shit.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm. You do realize that we are talking about plant life don't you? Sure, new plants will probably grow in different places just as they did when the railroad went through but it will be a subtle difference. Solar panels will take the place of the plants now holding the dust and silt in place. IMO, it's a good trade-off to become less reliant on fossil fuels.
Lots of animal life as well, which your solar farms will kill, some to extinction.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

LCN Llin wrote:
The Rolling Stones wrapped the U.S. leg of its 50 and Counting tour Monday in Washington D.C., concluding without any special guests this time, although Lenny Kravitz was in the house and went backstage for a visit with guitarist Ron Wood.
I saw the Rolling Stones at the Wells Fargo Center in Philly and they're still tops! Rock&Roll Forever!

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's my request to you. Please don't say FOXbots. It's getting old and stale - and shallow.
Fer shame! Are you actually demanding something fresh from the resident Topix Wu Mao Dang?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Solar power is viable only in the Southwest. Power supply for Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Phoenix, not much else.

What about the rest of the country, nights, cloudy days, etc.?
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
nobama is doing the Zimmerman trial.
Carol went with listening to the Jury.
IRS went nowhere
The IRS has just begun. They are still questioning as many people as possible behind the scenes. The evidence will be presented eventually.

They need to gather enough damning evidence to point to the White House.

It has gone nowhere. Trust me. At least 41 lawsuits against the federal government is about to hit the fan.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the plants will not grow and the soil will blow.
But the larger point is that extremely large areas of the landscape are defaced.
But, tell the truth. You think the desert is worthless.
PS: Houses with solar panels on the roof look like shit. Solar panels look like shit.
You are NOT an environmental scientist. The leading cause of desert habitat destruction is air and water pollution, smog! from our coal-fired power plants , auto and truck exhaust fumes, and the process of hydraulic fracturing ,fracking, for natural gas .
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

The Federal Reserve is becoming concerned that the recent spike in interest rates could disrupt the rebound in the housing market and force the central bank to delay plans to scale back its multibillion-dollar economic stimulus.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Paula Deen should have testified like an Obamabot...just say "I don't recall", or "to the best of my knowledge"...or just take the Fifth.
Did you use the n-word?..."I don't recall."
Ironically, Deen apparently supported Obama.

So, you're right, she should have done what all of his supporters do. She probably would have gotten another book deal or a raise.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Fer shame! Are you actually demanding something fresh from the resident Topix Wu Mao Dang?
Don't think he has another record. Or else his needle is stuck.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

LCN Llin wrote:
When George W. Bush took office on Jan. 20, 2001, the S&P 500 stock market index stood at $1,342.54.
The day he left office, it was $805.22, a drop of 40 percent
The S&P index is not denominated in dollars.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth will out!
Republican Malarky was rejected by voters in 2012
Thanks Joe Biden
Republicans won the House in 2012.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't think he has another record. Or else his needle is stuck.
sonic is a firm believer in being consistent.

He'll stick to his guns even when they're out of caps or water.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe more like slither under.
That too.

Do you think this nightmare will ever end or has Obama made sure it's just beginning?

Three and a half years seems like an eternity with all the unknowns ahead. Not to mention the unknowns from foreign hostilities - jihadists but also China and Russia.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 857,221 - 857,240 of1,072,636
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

90 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NRA mouthpiece Wayne LaPierre quiet 2 min joey 35
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 3 min boundary painter 1,097
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min No Warming 45,520
Word (Dec '08) 5 min boundary painter 4,575
Amy 7-11 7 min boundary painter 16
Illuminati Membership Form Is Out In Lagos State 11 min mr ben 1
Fun Song Combos (Sep '12) 13 min boundary painter 352
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 24 min Jacques from Ottawa 173,699
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 2:02PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE