Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
857,181 - 857,200 of 1,101,450 Comments Last updated 2 min ago

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#933054 Jun 26, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
The Rolling Stones wrapped the U.S. leg of its 50 and Counting tour Monday in Washington D.C., concluding without any special guests this time, although Lenny Kravitz was in the house and went backstage for a visit with guitarist Ron Wood.
I saw the Rolling Stones at the Wells Fargo Center in Philly and they're still tops! Rock&Roll Forever!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#933055 Jun 26, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's my request to you. Please don't say FOXbots. It's getting old and stale - and shallow.
Fer shame! Are you actually demanding something fresh from the resident Topix Wu Mao Dang?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933056 Jun 26, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm. You do realize that we are talking about plant life don't you? Sure, new plants will probably grow in different places just as they did when the railroad went through but it will be a subtle difference. Solar panels will take the place of the plants now holding the dust and silt in place. IMO, it's a good trade-off to become less reliant on fossil fuels.
Solar power is viable only in the Southwest. Power supply for Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Phoenix, not much else.

What about the rest of the country, nights, cloudy days, etc.?
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#933057 Jun 26, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
nobama is doing the Zimmerman trial.
Carol went with listening to the Jury.
IRS went nowhere
The IRS has just begun. They are still questioning as many people as possible behind the scenes. The evidence will be presented eventually.

They need to gather enough damning evidence to point to the White House.

It has gone nowhere. Trust me. At least 41 lawsuits against the federal government is about to hit the fan.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#933058 Jun 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the plants will not grow and the soil will blow.
But the larger point is that extremely large areas of the landscape are defaced.
But, tell the truth. You think the desert is worthless.
PS: Houses with solar panels on the roof look like shit. Solar panels look like shit.
You are NOT an environmental scientist. The leading cause of desert habitat destruction is air and water pollution, smog! from our coal-fired power plants , auto and truck exhaust fumes, and the process of hydraulic fracturing ,fracking, for natural gas .
LCN Llin

United States

#933059 Jun 26, 2013
The Federal Reserve is becoming concerned that the recent spike in interest rates could disrupt the rebound in the housing market and force the central bank to delay plans to scale back its multibillion-dollar economic stimulus.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#933060 Jun 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Paula Deen should have testified like an Obamabot...just say "I don't recall", or "to the best of my knowledge"...or just take the Fifth.
Did you use the n-word?..."I don't recall."
Ironically, Deen apparently supported Obama.

So, you're right, she should have done what all of his supporters do. She probably would have gotten another book deal or a raise.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#933061 Jun 26, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Fer shame! Are you actually demanding something fresh from the resident Topix Wu Mao Dang?
Don't think he has another record. Or else his needle is stuck.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933062 Jun 26, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
When George W. Bush took office on Jan. 20, 2001, the S&P 500 stock market index stood at $1,342.54.
The day he left office, it was $805.22, a drop of 40 percent
The S&P index is not denominated in dollars.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933064 Jun 26, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth will out!
Republican Malarky was rejected by voters in 2012
Thanks Joe Biden
Republicans won the House in 2012.

Lapeer, MI

#933066 Jun 26, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't think he has another record. Or else his needle is stuck.
sonic is a firm believer in being consistent.

He'll stick to his guns even when they're out of caps or water.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#933067 Jun 26, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe more like slither under.
That too.

Do you think this nightmare will ever end or has Obama made sure it's just beginning?

Three and a half years seems like an eternity with all the unknowns ahead. Not to mention the unknowns from foreign hostilities - jihadists but also China and Russia.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933068 Jun 26, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>You are NOT an environmental scientist. The leading cause of desert habitat destruction is air and water pollution, smog! from our coal-fired power plants , auto and truck exhaust fumes, and the process of hydraulic fracturing ,fracking, for natural gas .
BS

Ever been out in the middle of the Mohave or Sonoran desert?

Very little air pollution, mostly natural. Very few cars, fewer trucks, no fracking.

Just nothing except your ugly solar panels.

And the transmission lines that go with them.

Better to bulldoze urban slums and build solar farms (if there was enough sun and if the inmates don't steal the panels).
LCN Llin

United States

#933069 Jun 26, 2013
<quoted text>I saw the Rolling Stones at the Wells Fargo Center in Philly and they're still tops! Rock&Roll Forever!
Rockers are great

Paul McCartney turned 71 earlier this month, but he feels younger than that. The singer and greatest living songwriter told VH1 Radio that "I do do a bit of exercise but it's not like heavy work out. I'm vegetarian, I don't know, that might have something to do with it. So I feel pretty good in myself, I really don't know if that's to do with it."

Exercise and meat-free living aside, he chalked up his feelin' good to his wife, Nancy. "I have romance in my life, I think that's a lot to do with it," he said. "That's a good thing, a good woman. I feel really good. I feel very fit. I don't know why particularly, but I just do."

Lapeer, MI

#933070 Jun 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
They fail to understand that their home solar panels may heat a little water, but are inconsequential in the global energy demand.
This reminds me of Liberalism's core power: emotion.

If the Magic Negro can get them all enraged with altruistic Fairy Tales then rational thought gets tossed out the window and they all hit the streets singing We Shall Overcome.

And trash the Mojave.

The power of an ignorant, raging animal is far more beneficial to the Boy Messiah than the intellect of rational millions.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933071 Jun 26, 2013
<quoted text>You are NOT an environmental scientist. The leading cause of desert habitat destruction is air and water pollution, smog! from our coal-fired power plants , auto and truck exhaust fumes, and the process of hydraulic fracturing ,fracking, for natural gas .
Scientists are theoretical, not practical.

"Environmental scientists" may identify issues, but lack the knowledge to do anything to solve the problems.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#933072 Jun 26, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the laugh. Keep up the come backs!!!
They make it so easy!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933073 Jun 26, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
The Federal Reserve is becoming concerned that the recent spike in interest rates could disrupt the rebound in the housing market and force the central bank to delay plans to scale back its multibillion-dollar economic stimulus.
Sure, just keep pumping more worthless dollars into an over-inflated stock market. Then who do you blame when it crashes?

As for the housing market, housing prices are already rising too rapidly because of low interest rates and short supply. Another bubble in the making.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#933074 Jun 26, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you apparently don't know how to Google either.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/health-care-meeting...
http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/02/08/us-...
How about that repeal of CRA son? Have you found it yet?

You seem to be factually deficient... again
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933075 Jun 26, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Ironically, Deen apparently supported Obama.
So, you're right, she should have done what all of his supporters do. She probably would have gotten another book deal or a raise.
Still waiting for the first black guy to be crucified for saying the n-word every third word.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
best joke (Oct '09) 3 min not a ghost 522
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 min Eric 69,090
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 8 min TRD 68,399
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 13 min Go Blue Forever 54
Abby 9-2 15 min Mister Tonka 9
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 18 min Mister Tonka 97,956
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 19 min observer 49,499
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 58 min scirocco 177,526
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago