Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
WOW

Bronx, NY

#933201 Jun 27, 2013
Diversity Survives (Barely), But Affirmative Action is Long Dead
Diversity” has been given a tentative reprieve by the U.S. Supreme Court, but affirmative action died 35 years ago.“The journey from affirmative action to ‘diversity’ has largely negated African American history as a legal basis for redress. What’s left is the notion that it would really be nice if schools and workplaces looked like the country as a whole”– but you can’t make it happen Let us no longer speak of affirmative action as an operative legal doctrine in the United States. This week’s U.S. Supreme Court ruling was about “diversity” in education, not affirmative action, which was politically vitiated by its own proponents in the early Seventies and dealt a deathblow by the Bakke decision of 1978, when the High Court outlawed “quotas” for racial minorities. From that point on, public institutions were effectively forbidden from pursuing measurable “results” through programs of inclusion of previously excluded classes of persons – the last gasp of affirmative action as articulated by both Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and President Lyndon Johnson.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#933202 Jun 27, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
"The laws of our land are catching up to the fundamental truth that millions of Americans hold in our hearts: when all Americans are treated as equal, no matter who they are or whom they love, we are all more free." (Barack Obama on the Supreme Court ruling on Marriage Equality)
LOL-one thing for sure you can never say is that liberals ever have one conviction in life-especially Hussein O'bama-and you of all people living in California, need to understand you have no voice. People voted and your governor would not stand with the people. Just like the Supreme Court-activism is not the will of the people. California says your vote doesn't matter...why let California ever vote again?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#933203 Jun 27, 2013
NEWS FLASH

"Creepy ass cracker" is not a racial comment... so says the girl Hoodieman called immediately before he pursued and attacked Zimmerman and got his gang banger wannabe ass blown away.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#933204 Jun 27, 2013
EVERYTHING that have happened since 2008 is BARAK OBAMAS RESPONSIBILITY GRADE C-
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#933205 Jun 27, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously aren't very savvy. Sure, a moron who wants to be able to say "Oh Boy! I have solar", will agree with you, but any business minded person knows that anything with a payback period of over five (to TWENTY) years is not a slam dunk.
You are an idiot. You have no frikkin clue what you are talking about. You don't know shit. You are just a googler, that "repeats", period.
You are wrong, again, nerd.
Why does simple logic seem to elude liberals?

We simply cannot afford the costly and expansive undertaking of finding other sources of alternative energy that can keep this nation running as cost-efficiently as our own natural resources when we're already in dire economic straits. Oil, gas and coal are abundant and readily available.

It's like really, really, really wanting a brand new Hummer but having to drive an old but reliable car you already own because you simply can't afford a costly car payment.

Liberals remind of teenagers. Always wanting what they can't have and not having enough wisdom or maturity to understand why they can't have it...because they're not the ones paying for it.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#933206 Jun 27, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
That roi is original investment only. Whats the annual maintenance costs?
Ask the fiscal archivists at the Whitehouse---some places actually took the solar panels that were in there off their hands for fwee...museums are usually pretty good about stuff like that though.

It's the storage places holding the rest of the useless materials that add up in costs.

(See: CARTER-because REAL nuclear physics degrees are pretty good things to have.)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933207 Jun 27, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The last I read, the ROI for Solar is 20 years or above - depending on where you live and the regional electricity cost.
Thus, after 20 years, your equipment will need to be replaced and maintenance over those same 20 years will eat up any perceived savings.
Adding to the confusion is the fact that the Magic Negro will subsidize this crap meaning that prices and costs are loosely bandied about by government and salesman giving the false impression that Solar costs are dropping when, in fact, they are not.
If we let the Jerk-In-Chief get his way with Coal and Renewables, your electric bill will skyrocket to a point where you'll sit in the dark for the rest of your life. In your case, you've already been in the dark up till now, DumbDave.
You are a Fool inside of a Fool's Paradise, Bro'.
Plus the annual cost of getting up on the roof to clean and maintain the solar panels, the huge potential for roof leaks, and then....what happens when you need a new roof?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#933208 Jun 27, 2013
Obama has shown he’s ‘In Over His Head’ dealing with Crisis!! In the Snowden Crisis ‘Obama’ said he hasn't called the Chinese and Russians about the man wanted by the U.S. government sort of like not calling Panetta /Clinton during Benghazi!! Then the President said “I’m not going to be scrambling jets to get a 29-year-old hacker" same approach Obama and his administration used in Benghazi because of his Incompetence we have Four Dead Americans!!
WOW

Bronx, NY

#933209 Jun 27, 2013
How Complacency, Complicity of Black Misleadership Class Led to Supreme Court Evisceration of the Voting Rights Act
Did the Supreme Court kneecapping of the Voting Rights Act have to happen? Could black leadership have seen it coming and prevented it? Why didn't they, and what can we do now?A freshman senator, Barack Obama was assigned right away to the Foreign Affairs and Judiciary Committees, prestigious assignments coveted by senators of many years' seniority. The Judiciary Committee interviews, questions, and passes or rejects all presidential nominations to the US Supreme Court. While Obama sat on that committee, the nominations of Samuel Alito for associate justice and John Roberts for chief justice were considered.

It was no secret that both Alito and Roberts were committed right wing extremists, and associated with the Federalist Society, a fraternity of lawyers founded in 1982 dedicated to repealing social security, the New Deal, antitrust law, the FDA, consumer protections and civil rights legislation of all sorts, basically civilized and civilizing reform passed in the 20th century. Though the Federalist Society does not disclose its membership, Roberts appeared in their 1997-98 leadership directory, and after his ascent to the high court, Alito has been an honored guest at more than one Federalist Society event.

As a former president of the Harvard Law Review, Senator Obama was intimately familiar with the goals and objectives of the Federalist Society. Grassroots Democratic activists besieged Senators Obama and Kerry, both on the Judiciary Committee, to vote against Alito and Roberts, if need be to lead a filibuster against them.

Obama and Kerry said just enough encouraging words to get the pressure off themselves, then repudiated the idea of a filibuster altogether. When the nominees came before the committee, they passed up the opportunity to grill them on their Federalist Society associations and what this might tell about their expected rulings from the bench on civil rights and other questions, opting to ask softball questions instead. Obama's decision on the Senate Judiciary Committee not to fight, filibuster or meaningfully oppose the advancement of neo-segregationist Federalist Society thugs Alito and Roberts to the Supreme Court guaranteed the virtual nullification of the Voting Rights Act which has now occurred.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#933210 Jun 27, 2013
In the 2000 election, CNN chose colors to display indicating which state voted which way. Because the Democrats are communists, CNN couldn't choose red as the color for Democrats. So, they chose blue for Democrats and red for Republicans. This was the beginning of this red-blue association.

I've got an idea for the Democrats. How about a catchy slogan to use on the voters? Here's a good idea:

BETTER DEAD THAN RED.

It's already a well-known slogan. Just dust it off and spin it.
NJ raider 1

Paterson, NJ

#933211 Jun 27, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Newark still take any ones breathe away, and bring a noxious tear to ones eyes... while driving through with windows down?
Bless your heart..do you have yer state mandated permit to post here?
Again, another dumass with the mind expansion of an asshole farting. I live in the biggest city in Jersey by demography. I haven't been to Trenton in years. I'm closer to Philly &, almost as close to NY. I don't know about the air in Trenton but, I am aware of the harshness ignorance in which people treat the earth with. For you to sit here & ignore or completely lie about global warming makes you like more of an ass than a stereotypical black girl. It's not even an argument or a debate. It's me tell facts of which I've lived through &, you telling lies spun behind money hungry people who would sacrifice their unborn grandchildren to put away a couple thousand more dollars. You don't fit thatdescription so, that makes you look more of an ass to argue someones point that doesn't serve your interest. Your logic is, all scientist haven't agreed on the subject so, it's not true. My position is, I can feel it with my own flesh. I don't need a scientist to tell me what I feel. That would make me a trueobserver of the topic & you a Republican robot, get it now?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#933212 Jun 27, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Rachel Jeantel is a complete idiot. The states star witness. LMFAO... She will win Zimmerman the Tray Martin' case..
It's the culture...
En Englais si'vous plais..and speak up like we know you are able to, please...not every one has a hearing aid in.

Where the hell is Judge Judy to nip some of THAT mess out in the bud.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#933213 Jun 27, 2013
"Based on the information you flagged regarding the existence of a 'Progressives' entry on BOLO lists, TIGTA performed additional research which determined that six tax-exempt applications filed between May 2010 and May 2012 having the words 'progress' or 'progressive' in their names were included in the 298 cases the IRS identified as potential political cases. We also determined that 14 tax-exempt applications filed between May 2010 and May 2012 using the words 'progress' or 'progressive' in their names were not referred for added scrutiny as potential political cases. In total, 30 percent of the organizations we identified with the words 'progress' or "progressive" in their names were processed as potential political cases. In comparison, our audit found that 100 percent of the tax-exempt applications with Tea Party, Patriots, or 9/12 in their names were processed as potential political cases during the timeframe of our audit."

From the IG
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#933214 Jun 27, 2013
WOW wrote:
EVERYTHING that have happened since 2008 is BARAK OBAMAS RESPONSIBILITY GRADE C-
Is that grading on the Gehd curve?
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#933215 Jun 27, 2013
WOW wrote:
Political Crossover: The Troubling Emergence of "Black Reaganism"The nation’s top Black Reaganite is quite open about his admiration for “The Gipper.” President Obama takes every opportunity to praise his racist, reactionary predecessor, and to emulate his politics. So do lots of Democrats of all colors. The truth is,“Reaganism never really left – it merely flowed through the pipelines of neoliberalism.”
During the 1976 Republican Presidential Primaries, then-candidate Ronald Reagan coined the term "Welfare Queen" as he detailed the story of an African-American woman from Chicago who was arrested after using multiple identities to collect over $150,000 worth of welfare benefits. Reagan's story had a purpose: to establish a connection between the "evils of taxation" and the consequences of "illegitimate" welfare programs that "rewarded laziness," and to relay this to an American electorate poised to identify a scapegoat for what they viewed as a "dying nation." The engine behind this message was the Republican Party's overtly racist "Southern Strategy," which formulated a conscious effort to "appeal to racist whites" who Republicans believed "could never forgive the Democratic Party for its support of civil rights and voting rights for Blacks." Reagan's implication, while purposely misleading, was ripe for the taking and tapped into America's deep-seated culture of white supremacy, misogyny, and classism – prompting a public discussion over social welfare programs and the need for higher levels of "personal responsibility" from those who relied on such.
WOW is an appropriate name you chose for yourself. Because that's the biggest pile of horseshit I've ever stepped in on here.

"Wow" doesn't even begin to cover it. I can't even see my ankles.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#933216 Jun 27, 2013
Red State Sucker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hypocrisy!
It's the culture...
WOW

Bronx, NY

#933217 Jun 27, 2013
South Africa High Court War Crimes Case against US President Barack Obama
The Muslim Lawyers Association (MLA) brought an application to court on Tuesday, 25 June 2013, to charge US President Barack Obama with a number of crimes, before he enters South Africa on Friday, 28 June 2013.

The North Gauteng High Court today found that the merits of the matter could not be heard as it was not deemed to be sufficiently ‘urgent’. This is despite the imminent arrival of Obama in South Africa this week. However, the (MLA) will continue to pursue the matter through the ordinary course of the courts.

Given the sheer magnitude, gravity, extent and degree of these crimes, as well as the unrelenting vigour with which the Obama Administration continues to commit them, the MLA intends to pursue the review application in accordance with the normal court time periods applicable.

“It is regrettable for the court not to have adjudicated on the merits of the ‘Obama Docket’ at an expedient time when Obama’s visit to the Republic is imminent”, states MLA spokesperson, Attorney Yousha Tayob.

The Obama Docket contains:

- evidence of indiscriminate killing of civilians by the use of USA military drones

- a public acknowledgment by Obama that he authorised the extra judicial assassinations of US citizens and that civilians have been killed by drone attacks authorised by him

- evidence of the continued incarceration without trial of persons detained at Guantanamo Bay and other US detention facilities, and

- evidence that the United States has engaged in rendition programmes contrary
to the prescripts of the norms and standards of International Law.

“South Africa has adopted and ratified the Rome Statute into our law and is therefore obliged to fulfil both its domestic and international responsibilities”, adds Tayob.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933218 Jun 27, 2013
Forum wrote:
Everyone wants social security disability?
Why the lawyers?
They know it is a scam.
When 99 weeks of unemployment are exhausted in the current Obama Depression, Obama voters are encouraged to apply for SSI to remain on the payroll.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#933219 Jun 27, 2013
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#933220 Jun 27, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Fortunately for the US, we didn't elect Romney, so from one perspective we dodge a lack of leadership bullet.
We know that already too---we're all STILL experiencing the continued economic and lack of leadership suffering because of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 2 min Le Jimbo 13
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Sunshine 181,786
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 14 min Mister Tonka 98,843
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 17 min scirocco 71,008
Amy 12-19 20 min pde 9
abby 12-19 1 hr Sublime1 6
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 1 hr not a ghost 357
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]