Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#933028 Jun 26, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
When George W. Bush took office on Jan. 20, 2001, the S&P 500 stock market index stood at $1,342.54.
The day he left office, it was $805.22, a drop of 40 percent
When he took office, it snowed.

When he left office, it rained.

Drum Roll, please.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Lapeer, MI

#933029 Jun 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
sure it is. sad begets sad.
stupid begets sad.
we feel sad for you.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#933030 Jun 26, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
When George W. Bush took office on Jan. 20, 2001, the S&P 500 stock market index stood at $1,342.54.
The day he left office, it was $805.22, a drop of 40 percent
Are you just plain stupid or pretending to be just plain stupid?

The world changed on September 11, 2001. Lest you forgot. Two wars ensued with a significant number of Democrats' blessings.

The world changed again when the house of cards came crashing down due to bad lending loans forced upon banks by the Clinton administration and Democrats telling us Fannie and Freddie was "doing just fine" all the way up until the 11th hour.

What did you expect the financial outcome to be?

What has Obama had to deal with on his plate that increased the budget threefold since Bush besides his personal agenda which put the economy and jobs on the back burner for two years and a stimulus that did nothing to improve anything?

Lapeer, MI

#933031 Jun 26, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
They thought it was night school; wonder if they learned anything?
In Yeah's bedroom?

They learned about bestiality.

In your bedroom?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA.......
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#933032 Jun 26, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you want to convince us that Republicans are nothing more than "cast out" Democrats who betrayed their party?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... ....
sonic...yer getting real thin here:]
Ty Science Fiction. We might find *THAT* more entertaining.
The Conservative Fantasy History of Civil Rights

The civil rights movement, once a controversial left-wing fringe, has grown deeply embedded into the fabric of our national story. This is a salutary development, but a problematic one for conservatives, who are the direct political descendants of (and, in the case of some of the older members of the movement, the exact same people as) the strident opponents of the civil rights movement. It has thus become necessary for conservatives to craft an alternative story, one that absolves their own ideology of any guilt. The right has dutifully set itself to its task, circulating its convoluted version of history, honing it to the point where it can be repeated by any defensive College Republican in his dorm room.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2012/05/...

Lapeer, MI

#933033 Jun 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
stupid begets stupid.
Talking to yourself does that.
LCN Llin

United States

#933034 Jun 26, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you, I have no interest in Paula Deen. But the culture today delights in other people's suffering rather than looking at the man in the mirror.
Weiner is likely to become the mayor of New York after showing his weener to total strangers.
The bar has been lowered. Progressive liberals won't be happy until it's at ground level and will keep electing those who can still limbo under it.
I have no interest in reality TV or Paula Deen.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#933035 Jun 26, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
stupid begets sad.
we feel sad for you.
who is we?

please don't say FOXbots.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#933036 Jun 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
stupid begets stupid.
Obviously. Obama is still sitting in the White House and the craziness is now outright insanity. Thanks to stupid begetting stupid.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#933037 Jun 26, 2013
There is an awful lot of misinformation and untruth out there about the legacy of the two major political parties and the civil rights movement. Conservatives often like to use slight of hand, insisting that because the early Republican party was stronger in support of civil rights, this means that conservatives have the moral high ground. This is totally untrue.

Republicans – Moderate and Liberal Republicans supported civil rights. The Republicans who supported civil rights in America were not conservatives of the same ilk as George W. Bush, Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck. They were liberals and moderates, people like former Rhode Island senator Lincoln Chaffee and former senator governor Nelson Rockefeller.

Conservative Democrats opposed civil rights. The Democrats opposed to the civil rights movement weren’t Democrats with the center-left ideology of Bill Clinton and Barack Obama. They were, in fact, conservatives – especially from the south – with far more in common with Limbaugh, Beck, etc. than any modern mainstream Democrat. When people say that someone like notorious segregationist Bull Connor was a Democrat, they are technically right on the party label, but when it comes to ideology Connor and the rest of those opposed to racial integration were conservatives.

Read more: http://www.addictinginfo.org/history-democrat...

Lapeer, MI

#933038 Jun 26, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Edward Snowden In 2009: Leakers Should Be 'Shot In The Balls'
hmmmm....
You've got some, eh?

Strap on or real?

Or.....????
LCN Llin

United States

#933039 Jun 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
The Conservative Fantasy History of Civil Rights
The civil rights movement, once a controversial left-wing fringe, has grown deeply embedded into the fabric of our national story. This is a salutary development, but a problematic one for conservatives, who are the direct political descendants of (and, in the case of some of the older members of the movement, the exact same people as) the strident opponents of the civil rights movement. It has thus become necessary for conservatives to craft an alternative story, one that absolves their own ideology of any guilt. The right has dutifully set itself to its task, circulating its convoluted version of history, honing it to the point where it can be repeated by any defensive College Republican in his dorm room.
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2012/05/...
Truth will out!
Republican Malarky was rejected by voters in 2012
Thanks Joe Biden

Lapeer, MI

#933040 Jun 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
who is we?
Us...us folks up here in Olympus.

We feel sad for fools like you. We might send someone down there to straighten your azz out.

But, then again...maybe not.

Lapeer, MI

#933041 Jun 26, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no interest in reality.
VERY truthful. Brave, Dood.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#933042 Jun 26, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a sneaking suspicion that LCN Llin is actually Tenzing with a bag over his head.
Notice how clueless, inane and cryptic the posts are?
Classic Tenzing waste.
Don't think Tenzing has ever read Shakespeare. Could be wrong.

But clueless, inane and cryptic describes him to a tee.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933043 Jun 26, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Every Liberal Sheep in the country wants a solar panel roof with a wind turbine in their backyard.
And they're willing to trash the environment to get them, dammit!
It's like name-dropping "Gold" in some hick-town bar and the next morning, the hardware store is out of pick-axes and pie-pans while the townsfolk are tearing up every river, creek and sewer pipe within a hundred miles.
And when they finally wake up a generation from now, Bush-Bashing will be resurrected once again for the trashed environment.....
They fail to understand that their home solar panels may heat a little water, but are inconsequential in the global energy demand.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#933044 Jun 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
who is we?
That's my request to you. Please don't say FOXbots. It's getting old and stale - and shallow.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#933045 Jun 26, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
stupid begets sad.
we feel sad for you.
It is your fault. You got Sonic so upset he now is stuttering.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#933046 Jun 26, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you, I have no interest in Paula Deen. But the culture today delights in other people's suffering rather than looking at the man in the mirror.
Weiner is likely to become the mayor of New York after showing his weener to total strangers.
The bar has been lowered. Progressive liberals won't be happy until it's at ground level and will keep electing those who can still limbo under it.
Maybe more like slither under.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933047 Jun 26, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert Byrd was a high ranking member of the KKK - and a top-ranking member in the Democratic Party.
Paula Deen admits to a racial slur 30 years ago and her life is destroyed.
Liberals love to be holier than thou and throw the first stone and every single one they can find.
Paula Deen should have testified like an Obamabot...just say "I don't recall", or "to the best of my knowledge"...or just take the Fifth.

Did you use the n-word?..."I don't recall."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min Mothra 48,364
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min Morse 180,597
1 in 3 Chicagoans living paycheck-to-paycheck 29 min CUU 5
abby 11-21 2 hr Shari23 6
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr Wolverine33 692
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr KiMerde 51,234
NO CANADA OIL to TX-OK! 3 hr NO CANADA OIL TO ... 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr author author 98,673
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:00AM
Predictions for Bears' Week 12 Matchup
NBC Sports 7:46 AM
Jay Cutler wants to keep on rolling (out)
NBC Sports11:16 AM
Colts rule out Dwayne Allen and Gosder Cherilus
NBC Sports12:50 PM
Rob Gronkowski fined $8,268 for bouncer move
NFL 1:30 PM
Colt McCoy 'pushing' Robert Griffin III, Gruden says