Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 42,849)

Showing posts 856,961 - 856,980 of1,034,178
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? This is the logical continuation of Congress' ceding of authority to the Executive, been going on for the last century. The shickenchits set up Presidents to take the fall for their failures, that is when they're not busy riding their coattails. Sure, Congressional approval may be flirting with single digits but in 2014 the majority of individual members will be re-elected.
lily tells us that Obama is powerless to control the NSA.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
NSA program was data collection.
In order to look at a person'i records, a warrant os still required.
Whatever protecting te traitor Snowden.
The Progressives seem divided on this point.

Mother Jones v Slate
Scarlet Pimpernel

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if "news" is defined as classified information.
YOU look FOOLISH because you support everything you were against just because you are a bigot DOESNT MATTER IF YOU ARE black or white purple or blue you are a bigot because you didnt support bush with the same that you support obaba AND THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS race BETWEEN bush and obaba
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Supreme Court tells federal appeals court to give tougher scrutiny to UT's affirmative action program.

The appeals approved of UT's affirmative action program.

“Festina lente”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Must feel pretty good to be able to legitimately attack a POTUS who may in fact be worse than W. Bush, at least within this context.
We learned all we needed to know about Obama when he first ran for public office. Nothing's changed except the scale of his corruption and the scope of his agenda.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Like the Irish politician said in front of the Irish Parliament, "We stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the American people who also stand against their president."
Funny how news travels so fast.
Didn't hear this one.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
My point exactly. If this was so important and effective why all these missed targets who had left their fingerprints all over the exact places PRISM was watching? How about Snowden, Manning et. al.? I find it hard to swallow that the program performed as they're claiming it did, I wouldn't expect them to come out and say it was a flop.
Galt thinks there may be two reasons.

First, the NSA is casting too wide a net instead of focusing on the most likely problems.

Second, the NSA is spending only a fraction of its time and effort on terrorism and instead directing assets to snooping for other purposes.

Or, maybe you are correct and the program is totally ineffective.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Your reply says absolutely nothing; yer gonna have to be more specific.
lol
translation:

That went right over my head!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is going after those that leak classified Information. It is a crime.
I guess you want our secrets published on line.
Leaking a classified military operation putting soldiers at risk. Yep Whatever is for it.
Leaking how we track potential terrorists & break up plots, yep Whatever is for it.
You have no special skills at mind reading. In fact you are a doofus at it.
Scarlet Pimpernel

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

mdbuilder wrote:
Putin sees right through limp-wristed Obama, he knows him better than you liberals do.
Snowden is another liberal gone 'rogue'. We see a lot of that, don't we? He proves liberals don't need guns to kill innocent Americans.
like MOST surburban LIBERALS it didnt take long for their true colors to show they dont like YOUR B AS* lololohahahaha its what they can hustle because they cant pull that crap on WHITE People but because you thought you had something with obaba that made you EQUAL lololohahahah you were not OBAMA he doesnt fit into the profile of URBAN DEMOCRATS not in the least he has nothing in COMMON with the UPBRINING OF URBAN DEMOCRATS AND MICHELLE IS NOT THE PRESIDENT ALL THAT PHONY LOVE STUFF lolololohahahahaha reggie is the true LOVE OF OBABAb

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Some good news...for me anyway.
Florida is opting out of spending approximately $1.9 billion taxpayer dollars to implement a massive entitlement expansion of the Medicaid program. Also, the governor is exercising flexibility in the "exchanges".
As Governor Scott said,“Floridians are interested in jobs and economic growth, a quality education for their children and keeping the cost of living low. Neither of these major provisions in ObamaCare will achieve those goals, and since Florida is legally allowed to opt out, that’s the right decision for our citizens.”
I'm proud to be a Floridian.
(Florida already has health care safety net programs for those with the greatest need including assistance for families with incomes up to 133% of the poverty line and Florida KidCare to ensure no child goes without health care in Florida.)
LOL. Of the fourteen states that have opted out of the Medicaid expansion and the six that have expressed that they are leaning in that direction, all have Republican governors. Duh.

http://www.advisory.com/Daily-Briefing/2012/1...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Former National Security Agency analyst Russ Tice, a Bush-era whistle-blower, recently made startling claims that the federal government’s wiretap endeavors targeted high-ranking government officials, including military officials, lawmakers and diplomats.

One of those target wound up being elected president. In appearance on “The Boiling Frogs Show” on Wednesday, Tice made the astonishing claim that the NSA had ordered wiretaps on phones connected to then-Democratic Senate hopeful Barack Obama in 2004, weeks prior to his breakout speech at the 2004 Democratic Convention in Boston.

“Now, here’s the big one,” Tice said.“I haven’t given you any names. This was in summer of 2004. One of the papers that I held in my hand was to wiretap a bunch of numbers associated with a 40-something-year-old wannabe senator for Illinois. You wouldn’t happen to know where that guy lives right now, would you? It’s a big white house in Washington, D.C. That’s who they went after, and that’s the president of the United States now.”

In 2006, Tice was a whistle-blower revealing other indiscretions of the Bush administration NSA, claiming that revealing details about government spying on citizens was an effort to clear his conscience.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/20/bush-era-wh...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

mdbuilder wrote:
Putin sees right through limp-wristed Obama, he knows him better than you liberals do.
Snowden is another liberal gone 'rogue'. We see a lot of that, don't we? He proves liberals don't need guns to kill innocent Americans.
Putin is an ex-KGB agent who is using Obama as a soccer ball. To bad Obama cannot be as tough with World Leaders as he is on his political opponents in the US
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

*Too*
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure what you mean. Every power plant, even base providers, shut down periodically for maintenance. These outages are planned ten years out and the grid is managed to support them. The reason good supplemental sources like wind and solar can't be used for base load generation is 'cause the wind doesn't blow and the sun doesn't shine 24/7. Its possible to store the energy from solar and wind but then you add the inefficiency of storage on top of the inefficiency of generation and it quickly becomes unfeasible.
Not to mention the feasibility of transmission from often remote locations where wind and solar are feasible and the locations where the power demand exists.

If you want a challenge sometime, try explaining grid management to the masses. Or the massive amount of planning and effort that goes into an outage.
Scarlet Pimpernel

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is going after those that leak classified Information. It is a crime.
I guess you want our secrets published on line.
Leaking a classified military operation putting soldiers at risk. Yep Whatever is for it.
Leaking how we track potential terrorists & break up plots, yep Whatever is for it.
LISTEn to the BUSH SUPPORTER lololohahahah FRAUD lololololhahahah
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>The obama administration seems to be going out of the way to prove the republican conspiracies about them are true.
It's the culture...
now if only the sane folks were paying attention to republicans conspiracy theories....
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Scarlet Pimpernel wrote:
<quoted text>YOU look FOOLISH because you support everything you were against just because you are a bigot DOESNT MATTER IF YOU ARE black or white purple or blue you are a bigot because you didnt support bush with the same that you support obaba AND THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS race BETWEEN bush and obaba
RealDave now believes obama is the reincarnation of Dick Cheney...

The obama administration seems to be going out of the way to prove the republican conspiracies about obana are true.

It's the culture...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Dwight Eisenhower ran as a Republican on the Republican ticket so however you want to slice it he was a Republican.
The GOP is dooming itself to minority status by pandering to the extreme right and wasting time and taxpayer money pushing legislation in the House that has zero chance of going anywhere.
Both parties made overtures to Eisenhower to run on their ticket in 1952.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Mindless Robot Propaganda Post # 6 for today! ROTFLMAO!!!
sonicfilter wrote:
Former National Security Agency analyst Russ Tice, a Bush-era whistle-blower, recently made startling claims that the federal government’s wiretap endeavors targeted high-ranking government officials, including military officials, lawmakers and diplomats.
One of those target wound up being elected president. In appearance on “The Boiling Frogs Show” on Wednesday, Tice made the astonishing claim that the NSA had ordered wiretaps on phones connected to then-Democratic Senate hopeful Barack Obama in 2004, weeks prior to his breakout speech at the 2004 Democratic Convention in Boston.
“Now, here’s the big one,” Tice said.“I haven’t given you any names. This was in summer of 2004. One of the papers that I held in my hand was to wiretap a bunch of numbers associated with a 40-something-year-old wannabe senator for Illinois. You wouldn’t happen to know where that guy lives right now, would you? It’s a big white house in Washington, D.C. That’s who they went after, and that’s the president of the United States now.”
In 2006, Tice was a whistle-blower revealing other indiscretions of the Bush administration NSA, claiming that revealing details about government spying on citizens was an effort to clear his conscience.
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/20/bush-era-wh...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 856,961 - 856,980 of1,034,178
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

45 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 29 min Whiny1 4,030
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 30 min Steve wilkos vict 339
Amy 4-19 34 min Shari23 9
Abby 4-19 36 min ScarletandOlive 14
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques from Ottawa 167,597
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 96,137
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 2 hr jimtownhounddogsniffing 6,535
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE