Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 42,848)

Showing posts 856,941 - 856,960 of1,078,297
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of people knew. You were just too busy being a liberal useful idiot.
So... you have no clue then? Must be since you're making you're claims again...

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Climate Change Is The Next Issue Republicans Will Screw Up Royally
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/climate-change...
For republicans to handle climate change without 'screwing it up' they would have to first go back to George H.W. Bush's Administration to see how to start. Last night I looked back at a Tom Wicker New York Times 'IN THE NATION ' article that he wrote on the urgency of the George H.W. Bush Administration taking seriously climate change as a national security threat." For many such reasons, some detailed in earlier columns, global environmental problems are a major -perhaps the major - threat to U.S. security, and to the security of mankind. Yet, amid all the talk of President-elect Bush's staff and Cabinet choices and his budget policies, scarcely a word has been heard about the ozone layer, acid rain, deforestation, soil depletion, population control, and other disasters happening or waiting to happen.

The world's resources now support five to six billion people. The United Nations projects, however, that world population will exceed eight billion by 2025. That means rising demand for food, firewood and timber, hence more deforestation, soil depletion and erosion. More and more land will become desert and the atmosphere less breathable; millions will move to unmanageably crowded urban areas; poverty and starvation will inexorably stalk their miserable streets."..."Interna tional environmental problems deserve to be among the Bush administration's highest priorities for at least three hardly disputable reasons:

First, ozone depletion, acid rain, ocean pollution and the like are clear and present threats to all nations, respecting no national boundaries.

Second, these problems demand international cooperation and promise the kind of joint international efforts that can promote understanding and peace among nations. Finally, a better life for the millions in the undeveloped world is in the interests of U.S. security - and obviously is a target for professed U.S. idealism." http://www.nytimes.com/1988/11/28/opinion/in-...
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Went to the library yesterday. Since you're writing a book yourself.
So... when was CRA repealed son?
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
No infant can survive outside the womb on its own.
Are you from Mars?
You watch too many Leftist propaganda flicks, Dood.
So.... how did you survive son?
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you find the NSA camera in your neighborhood yet?
And the one in your bathroom?
I found a gop camera in the bedroom
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
Anyone who doesn't think the government can find a way to overstep its authority on ANY issue is being remarkably naive
And yet, you claim a civil rights law already exists....

You're a curious animal son.
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Glass Stengal was signed by Clinton.
"He also signed the Commodity Futures Modernization Act, which exempted credit-default swaps from regulation. In 1995 Clinton loosened housing rules by rewriting the Community Reinvestment Act, which put added pressure on banks to lend in low-income neighborhoods. It is the subject of heated political and scholarly debate whether any of these moves are to blame for our troubles, but they certainly played a role in creating a permissive lending environment.
Read more: http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/ar... #ixzz2XLfrSysn
No son. Clinton repealed it.

Still can't get a simple fact straight I see.
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, because "stupid", Planned Parenthood became an abortion institution AFTER Roe v Wade and abortions in hospitals and clinics were illegal except New York BEFORE Roe v Wade.
But I know logic isn't liberals' strongpoint.
So... with your 'logic,' have you determined when CRA was repealed son?
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
I just love how Bill Clinton is hailing the striking down of a law HE SIGNED
So true. It's refreshing.

As opposed to bushie boy who can't bring himself to admit he invaded a country for no reason at all as an international effort while killing 4,400+ American soldiers for nothing.

He took cons backwards a whole bunch.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Lookie!! Another flat earth idiot!! Thanks in advance for saying truly ignorant stuff!! LOL
January 2013 was the lowest levels recorded-ever. So much for your stupidity about it being the same as last year.
----------
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/11/us/great-la...
"Water Levels Fall in Great Lakes, Taking a Toll on Shipping"
"Drought and other factors have created historically low water marks for the Great Lakes, putting the $34 billion Great Lakes-St. Lawrence Seaway shipping industry in peril, a situation that could send ominous ripples throughout the economy.
Water levels in the Great Lakes have been below their long-term averages during the past 14 years, and this winter the water in Lakes Michigan and Huron, the hardest-hit lakes, dropped to record lows, according to the Army Corps of Engineers. Keith Kompoltowicz, the chief of watershed hydrology with the corps’s Detroit district, said that in January “the monthly mean was the lowest ever recorded, going back to 1918.”
While spring rains have helped so far this year, levels in all five Great Lakes are still low by historical standards, so getting through the shallow points in harbors and channels is a tense affair."
----------
It's so easy to prove your ignorance. Like shooting fish in a barrel.
You must be related to Carol, only she says such idiotic stuff that can be so easily disproven.
""nutsuucker"
"dumos" out, "nutsucker" in. No change, same crap.
Peace
KMA
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> It's going to the ISS for testing. The advances in robotic outside the US are enormous. To bad the media here cares more about crap like North West. The dumbing down of the American people is quite sad.
That's why I keep away from fart news, breitbart, townhall, aei and the like.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>No son. Clinton repealed it.
Still can't get a simple fact straight I see.
Idiot, I corrected it the next post.

You were the one that had a Republican president repealing it if I remember right.

Any comments on you not correcting your error?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>That's why I keep away from fart news, breitbart, townhall, aei and the like.
Yeah, cares more about baby names than advances in science.

Figures.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Out of the subprime loans in the Fannie Mae portfolio, 92% were adjustable-interest (APR) loans. You did nothing to prove that the CRA was not the cause of the housing bubble, other than say it. Even Billy Clinton say that 80% of the CRA loans were made under his desk.
http://www.federalreserve.gov/newsevents/spee...

i can 'say' it all day long if it's the truth.

how can you guys not know this stuff?
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Time Poll
President Obama

"Handling foreign policy"

6/10-11/13
Favorable - 49
Unfavorable - 41
Undecided - 11
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Talking thru that big, fat arse of yours again, I see.
----------
DOW Jan 20 2009 7949
DOW Jan 26 2013 14844
And this:
Buyers and sellers take note: The housing recovery is real, according to Moody's Analytics Chief Economist Mark Zandi.
----------
Easy to see why you have the hots for Carol. You're both flat earth morons, you'll make a good couple.
You can get married in CA now!!
HAHAHAHAHA
You have no clue about the economy or the market.

7,286.27 on October 9, 2002

A cyclical bull closing peak of 14,164.53, reached exactly five years later while Bush was president

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closing_mileston...

Were you an economics major?

Baawwaaahhh!!!!
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, cares more about baby names than advances in science.
Figures.
awwwww.... don't be shy son.

Cons don't care about science.
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot, I corrected it the next post.
You were the one that had a Republican president repealing it if I remember right.
Any comments on you not correcting your error?
Well gee my little idiot, if you want to play that game.... it's not Glass Stengal.

So really, you lied.

And no, I didn't have a republican president repealing it.

So again, another lie on your part.

You're just not smart enough to learn apparently. But clearly, you're outclassed.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Interesting in the news

Latinos are now the largest ethnic group in Texas public schools, surpassing non-Hispanic whites in Lone Star State enrollment for the first time in history.

The dramatic change, though, has not been without major pressures on the already financially stressed school systems throughout the state, which ranks 48th in per-student spending. Many of those Latino students are from poor families – including recent immigrants – with major repercussions in classrooms.

And those pressures on the Texas school districts and teachers are expected to heighten as the Hispanic population continues to grow in the state.

“From the start, immigrant and working-class families and people of color don’t have the same opportunities,” says Kandace Vallejo, of the nonprofit Workers Defense Project in Dallas and Austin.

Latinos now comprise more than 50 percent of students in the Texas public schools. Newly released statistics by the Texas Education Agency show there are 2,480,000 Hispanic students in the state’s public schools, representing 50.2 percent of the total enrollment, which is 4,933,617.

These numbers are forcing some Texas school districts to question just how equipped they are to teach a burgeoning number of poor students who don’t speak English.
So far, studies by NCLR, Texas Familias Council and Texas Higher Education Journal show Texas schools have not been doing a good job teaching Hispanic children.

According to state figures, 46 percent of Latino fourth graders and 62 percent of English language learner fourth graders in Texas schools read below grade level.
Latino students are nearly twice more likely to leave school without a diploma than non-Hispanic white students.

Almost 40 percent of the state’s Latinos 25 or older did not complete high school, compared with 8 percent among non-Hispanic whites, according to the 2010 census.

“The statistics are staggering, especially for a state that has an economy that is vested in energy, computer technology, and defense — all industries that largely require education beyond a high school diploma,” says Joe Ibarra, a field organizer for the National Council of La Raza.

Texas legislators are under increasing pressure to restore $5.4 billion that was cut from the education budget during the 2011 session. Programs such as full-day pre-kindergarten, parent engagement, bilingual education, after-school education and dropout prevention —largely attended by Hispanics —were cut drastically or done away with altogether. Last month, the legislature restored $4 billion.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

LCN Llin wrote:
Time Poll
President Obama
"Handling foreign policy"
6/10-11/13
Favorable - 49
Unfavorable - 41
Undecided - 11
Taken before or after Snowden?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 856,941 - 856,960 of1,078,297
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

59 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min wojar 174,454
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 9 min Abolish The Fed 68,350
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 37 min voice of peace 67,846
Anti-Jewish leaflets: Anti-Semitic hate message... 1 hr Guess what 6
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr HoneyBear1 97,510
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr KrisChristie 1,855
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Terry rigsby 48,839
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 22 at 8:55PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE