Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
856,921 - 856,940 of 1,095,599 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Out of the subprime loans in the Fannie Mae portfolio, 92% were adjustable-interest (APR) loans. You did nothing to prove that the CRA was not the cause of the housing bubble, other than say it. Even Billy Clinton say that 80% of the CRA loans were made under his desk.
http://www.federalreserve.gov/newsevents/spee...

i can 'say' it all day long if it's the truth.

how can you guys not know this stuff?
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Time Poll
President Obama

"Handling foreign policy"

6/10-11/13
Favorable - 49
Unfavorable - 41
Undecided - 11
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Talking thru that big, fat arse of yours again, I see.
----------
DOW Jan 20 2009 7949
DOW Jan 26 2013 14844
And this:
Buyers and sellers take note: The housing recovery is real, according to Moody's Analytics Chief Economist Mark Zandi.
----------
Easy to see why you have the hots for Carol. You're both flat earth morons, you'll make a good couple.
You can get married in CA now!!
HAHAHAHAHA
You have no clue about the economy or the market.

7,286.27 on October 9, 2002

A cyclical bull closing peak of 14,164.53, reached exactly five years later while Bush was president

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closing_mileston...

Were you an economics major?

Baawwaaahhh!!!!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, cares more about baby names than advances in science.
Figures.
awwwww.... don't be shy son.

Cons don't care about science.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot, I corrected it the next post.
You were the one that had a Republican president repealing it if I remember right.
Any comments on you not correcting your error?
Well gee my little idiot, if you want to play that game.... it's not Glass Stengal.

So really, you lied.

And no, I didn't have a republican president repealing it.

So again, another lie on your part.

You're just not smart enough to learn apparently. But clearly, you're outclassed.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Interesting in the news

Latinos are now the largest ethnic group in Texas public schools, surpassing non-Hispanic whites in Lone Star State enrollment for the first time in history.

The dramatic change, though, has not been without major pressures on the already financially stressed school systems throughout the state, which ranks 48th in per-student spending. Many of those Latino students are from poor families – including recent immigrants – with major repercussions in classrooms.

And those pressures on the Texas school districts and teachers are expected to heighten as the Hispanic population continues to grow in the state.

“From the start, immigrant and working-class families and people of color don’t have the same opportunities,” says Kandace Vallejo, of the nonprofit Workers Defense Project in Dallas and Austin.

Latinos now comprise more than 50 percent of students in the Texas public schools. Newly released statistics by the Texas Education Agency show there are 2,480,000 Hispanic students in the state’s public schools, representing 50.2 percent of the total enrollment, which is 4,933,617.

These numbers are forcing some Texas school districts to question just how equipped they are to teach a burgeoning number of poor students who don’t speak English.
So far, studies by NCLR, Texas Familias Council and Texas Higher Education Journal show Texas schools have not been doing a good job teaching Hispanic children.

According to state figures, 46 percent of Latino fourth graders and 62 percent of English language learner fourth graders in Texas schools read below grade level.
Latino students are nearly twice more likely to leave school without a diploma than non-Hispanic white students.

Almost 40 percent of the state’s Latinos 25 or older did not complete high school, compared with 8 percent among non-Hispanic whites, according to the 2010 census.

“The statistics are staggering, especially for a state that has an economy that is vested in energy, computer technology, and defense — all industries that largely require education beyond a high school diploma,” says Joe Ibarra, a field organizer for the National Council of La Raza.

Texas legislators are under increasing pressure to restore $5.4 billion that was cut from the education budget during the 2011 session. Programs such as full-day pre-kindergarten, parent engagement, bilingual education, after-school education and dropout prevention —largely attended by Hispanics —were cut drastically or done away with altogether. Last month, the legislature restored $4 billion.
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

LCN Llin wrote:
Time Poll
President Obama
"Handling foreign policy"
6/10-11/13
Favorable - 49
Unfavorable - 41
Undecided - 11
Taken before or after Snowden?
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>awwwww.... don't be shy son.
Cons don't care about science.
Still talking about your jail pals?

Flack was talking about science when you decided to post an off-topic nonsense post.

You are not interest in science, bud.
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well gee my little idiot, if you want to play that game.... it's not Glass Stengal.
So really, you lied.
And no, I didn't have a republican president repealing it.
So again, another lie on your part.
You're just not smart enough to learn apparently. But clearly, you're outclassed.
Hmmm, I thought it was your post.

You lie all the time.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

GOP problems with voters

The Republican Party’s efforts to rebrand itself are running into roadblocks on Capitol Hill, where lawmakers are pressing restrictions on abortion rights, immigration and voter registration that defy the goal of reaching out to women, minority voters, and young people.

The actions threaten to undercut what was otherwise seen as a promising start at reorienting the party in the Senate, where progress on a bipartisan measure to revise immigration law holds the potential for Republicans to mend fences with Hispanic voters who spurned them in the 2012 presidential election.

“Do you turn the Titanic around in 10 seconds? No, maybe it takes more time than that,” Republican strategist Alex Castellanos said in an interview.“As long as voters see Republicans only tapping the brake pedal, they won’t trust them with the steering wheel.”

The calls for repositioning the party began after the 2012 election in which exit polls showed President Barack Obama won the women’s vote by nine percentage points, the backing of voters between the ages of 18 and 29 by 23 percentage points, and the Hispanic community by 44 percentage points. With Hispanics one of the nation’s fasting growing political constituencies, Republican strategists said the White House and ultimately some U.S. Senate seats could move beyond the party’s reach if nothing changed.
Off Course

Yet, on some issues, Republicans in Congress are veering away from the suggested course correction. In the past month, the House has voted to deport young immigrants whose parents brought them to the U.S. illegally as children and to ban abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy. The House panel charged with drafting an immigration revision is moving toward taking a border security- and enforcement-only approach.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> I know your mother is not proud of you, nor do your kids look up to you. That is the most stupid post I've read! 1st you claim we're doing nothing to cause climate change, the turn around & say anything we do to stop it is destructive. The while topic of global warming/climate change is based around the global consumption of oil & carbon based emissions putting earths atmosphere. You must be rich the way you argue against the obvious. Like I said," I don't need a scientist or govt big wig to tell me about global warming, I see it with my own eyes & feel it with my own flesh. Now look that up on wikipedia!
I walk outside and its hot. Its called summertime. Carbon is natural. Trees emit co2. The planet goes through periods if heating and cool. Its what it does. Now go kiss your boyfriend andcbe happy for a change.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>NO. The NSA would first have to make a request to a Federal Judge for a warrant to access those security camera recording information. And that's not the only hurdle that the NSA or even an F.B.I. agent would have to jump over to get access to that kind of information. A government agent would have to make a pretty good case before a Federal judge before he'd even consider granting such a request besides the lengthy questioning and caveats that the judge would insist on bringing up.
This idiot thinks the nsa needs warrants. Stupid Emoron.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Yes, they are and police surveillance cameras at crossroads and on streets also help local law enforcement in the solving of crimes and apprehending the right suspects. Here's a recent example on how surveillance cameras help the police keep the streets safe.--> "Prosecutors said home surveillance videos taken from Hernandez’s house show him in possession of firearms before and after Lloyd was killed, that Hernandez was observed picking Lloyd up at 2:30 a.m. on the night he was killed, that a silver Nissan Altima — the same make of vehicle Hernandez drives — was seen going to and coming from the site where Lloyd’s body was found and that Hernandez was seen exiting his vehicle with a gun at his home at 3:29 a.m., about a half hour after authorities say Lloyd had been murdered. "
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/27/sports/foot...
Home survellance stupid.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I walk outside and its hot. Its called summertime. Carbon is natural. Trees emit co2. The planet goes through periods if heating and cool. Its what it does. Now go kiss your boyfriend andcbe happy for a change.
Arsenic is a natural substance that is found in most groundwater. So, you going to chug a bottle of arsenic?

The idea that something being "natural"means it is not harmful is really dumb.

Our climate is based on many things. One is our atmosphere. When you change the make up of our atmosphere,you can change our climate.

Yes there are many natural emitters of carbon. These natural levels can go up & down. But when man starts pumping tons upon tons of CO2, then it heightens those natural fluctuations.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So.... how did you survive son?
I had parents and not an Animal Control Officer like you did.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>For republicans to handle climate change without 'screwing it up' they would have to first go back to George H.W. Bush's Administration to see how to start. Last night I looked back at a Tom Wicker New York Times 'IN THE NATION ' article that he wrote on the urgency of the George H.W. Bush Administration taking seriously climate change as a national security threat." For many such reasons, some detailed in earlier columns, global environmental problems are a major -perhaps the major - threat to U.S. security, and to the security of mankind. Yet, amid all the talk of President-elect Bush's staff and Cabinet choices and his budget policies, scarcely a word has been heard about the ozone layer, acid rain, deforestation, soil depletion, population control, and other disasters happening or waiting to happen.
The world's resources now support five to six billion people. The United Nations projects, however, that world population will exceed eight billion by 2025. That means rising demand for food, firewood and timber, hence more deforestation, soil depletion and erosion. More and more land will become desert and the atmosphere less breathable; millions will move to unmanageably crowded urban areas; poverty and starvation will inexorably stalk their miserable streets."..."Interna tional environmental problems deserve to be among the Bush administration's highest priorities for at least three hardly disputable reasons:
First, ozone depletion, acid rain, ocean pollution and the like are clear and present threats to all nations, respecting no national boundaries.
Second, these problems demand international cooperation and promise the kind of joint international efforts that can promote understanding and peace among nations. Finally, a better life for the millions in the undeveloped world is in the interests of U.S. security - and obviously is a target for professed U.S. idealism." http://www.nytimes.com/1988/11/28/opinion/in-...
That article isn't talking about global warming, stupid. Why don't you be honest and copy/paste the first paragraph? Your butty obama loaned the same brazilians millions of dollars to develope off shore oil.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I had parents and not an Animal Control Officer like you did.
Were the two guys married?
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Arsenic is a natural substance that is found in most groundwater. So, you going to chug a bottle of arsenic?
Our climate is based on many things. One is our atmosphere. When you change the make up of our atmosphere,you can change our climate.
Yes there are many natural emitters of carbon. These natural levels can go up & down. But when man starts pumping tons upon tons of CO2, then it heightens those natural fluctuations.
Polar ice caps melt, Kansas is on the Atlantic Ocean, republicans will claim no climate change.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Arsenic is a natural substance that is found in most groundwater. So, you going to chug a bottle of arsenic?
Idiot. Without an atmosphere, you have no climate.

What's the climate on the Moon, little boy?

Saying something childish like "Our climate is based on many things. One is our atmosphere." is about as senseless as saying that we couldn't have cold without thermometers.

Simple Mind, Magic Negro. It all fits together.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
Being natural means not man made. Before massive deforestation how much co2 were trees pumping into the atmosphere? Co2 also emerges naturally from the ground. To think nature has no way of dealing with it is stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••