Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
856,881 - 856,900 of 1,100,983 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#932737 Jun 26, 2013

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#932738 Jun 26, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Lookie!! Another flat earth idiot!! Thanks in advance for saying truly ignorant stuff!! LOL
January 2013 was the lowest levels recorded-ever. So much for your stupidity about it being the same as last year.
----------
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/11/us/great-la...
"Water Levels Fall in Great Lakes, Taking a Toll on Shipping"
"Drought and other factors have created historically low water marks for the Great Lakes, putting the $34 billion Great Lakes-St. Lawrence Seaway shipping industry in peril, a situation that could send ominous ripples throughout the economy.
Water levels in the Great Lakes have been below their long-term averages during the past 14 years, and this winter the water in Lakes Michigan and Huron, the hardest-hit lakes, dropped to record lows, according to the Army Corps of Engineers. Keith Kompoltowicz, the chief of watershed hydrology with the corps’s Detroit district, said that in January “the monthly mean was the lowest ever recorded, going back to 1918.”
While spring rains have helped so far this year, levels in all five Great Lakes are still low by historical standards, so getting through the shallow points in harbors and channels is a tense affair."
----------
It's so easy to prove your ignorance. Like shooting fish in a barrel.
You must be related to Carol, only she says such idiotic stuff that can be so easily disproven.
Play with this dashboard a bit. You'll see that Mr. Kompoltowicz is full of sht.

http://www.glerl.noaa.gov/data/now/wlevels/db...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#932739 Jun 26, 2013
Rep. James Sensenbrenner (R-WI), who was a key player in getting the Voting Rights Act legislation renewed in 1982 and 2006, said the Supreme Court may have ruled Tuesday to strike down a critical portion of the act, but the "threat of discrimination still exists" and he will put "partisan politics aide and ensure Americans' most sacred right is protected."

"The Voting Rights Act is vital to America’s commitment to never again permit racial prejudices in the electoral process," Sensenbrenner said in a statement Wednesday. "Section 5 of the Act was a bipartisan effort to rectify past injustices and ensure minorities’ ability to participate in elections, but the threat of discrimination still exists. I am disappointed by the Court’s ruling, but my colleagues and I will work in a bipartisan fashion to update Section 4 to ensure Section 5 can be properly implemented to protect voting rights, especially for minorities. This is going to take time and will require members from both sides of the aisle to put partisan politics aside and ensure Americans’ most sacred right is protected.”

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/s...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#932740 Jun 26, 2013
Climate Change Is The Next Issue Republicans Will Screw Up Royally

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/climate-change...
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#932741 Jun 26, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Emorons like you have time for one thing; crapping on police cars. I've never denied climate change, stupid fck. What has the climate been doing since the last ice age? Idiot ows trash like you think we can do something about it that's not destructive.
I know your mother is not proud of you, nor do your kids look up to you. That is the most stupid post I've read! 1st you claim we're doing nothing to cause climate change, the turn around & say anything we do to stop it is destructive. The while topic of global warming/climate change is based around the global consumption of oil & carbon based emissions putting earths atmosphere. You must be rich the way you argue against the obvious. Like I said," I don't need a scientist or govt big wig to tell me about global warming, I see it with my own eyes & feel it with my own flesh. Now look that up on wikipedia!

Prevented this

#932742 Jun 26, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Hey clueless Galt,that's exactly what President Barack Obama has called for. "We limit the amount of toxic chemicals like mercury and sulfur and arsenic in our air or our water, but power plants can still dump unlimited amounts of carbon pollution into the air for free. That's not right, that's not safe, and it needs to stop," Obama said in a speech at Georgetown University. He said technological advances can help reduce pollution by capturing and storing carbon so it's not emitted into the air.
Obama said the United States can't go it alone. "I'm calling for an end of public financing for new coal plants overseas — unless they deploy carbon-capture technologies.... I urge other countries to join this effort," he said, adding that his administration will launch talks to help other countries build a low-carbon economy."
http://www.usatoday.com/news/
Shut down O'hare airport, I am all for that--you too I presume? I quit flying after moslems started attacking-that and too many moslem law-breakers in Chicago area. i.e. illegals.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#932743 Jun 26, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what she said, she said civil rights law applies only to race.
I was talking about the use of Civil Rights Law in SSM debates.

The courts have not upheld this claim.

I could of included the rest but I was not aware of any laws about Swedes marrying Brits.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#932744 Jun 26, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Spoilsport chewing on sour grapes. Boo Hoo ! you lost the election in 2012. Get over it,sniveling whiner.:-D
"back porch turd"
Typical nothing post from you. You did not refute a single point the poster made in regards to president nobama's failures.
Peace
KMA

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#932745 Jun 26, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that's what they are there for. ows trash likes big brother watching her.
Yes, they are and police surveillance cameras at crossroads and on streets also help local law enforcement in the solving of crimes and apprehending the right suspects. Here's a recent example on how surveillance cameras help the police keep the streets safe.--> "Prosecutors said home surveillance videos taken from Hernandez’s house show him in possession of firearms before and after Lloyd was killed, that Hernandez was observed picking Lloyd up at 2:30 a.m. on the night he was killed, that a silver Nissan Altima — the same make of vehicle Hernandez drives — was seen going to and coming from the site where Lloyd’s body was found and that Hernandez was seen exiting his vehicle with a gun at his home at 3:29 a.m., about a half hour after authorities say Lloyd had been murdered. "
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/27/sports/foot...

Prevented this

#932746 Jun 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
but....you can take your last statement and apply it to the right wing myth that CRA's caused the housing bubble to burst.
i'm not taking your 'explanation' as solid reasoning without something to back it up.
so i guess we're done.
Out of the subprime loans in the Fannie Mae portfolio, 92% were adjustable-interest (APR) loans. You did nothing to prove that the CRA was not the cause of the housing bubble, other than say it. Even Billy Clinton say that 80% of the CRA loans were made under his desk.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#932747 Jun 26, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"back porch turd"
Typical nothing post from you. You did not refute a single point the poster made in regards to president nobama's failures.
Peace
KMA
And you or the 'poster' never proved that a single one of the accusations of 'Obama's failures' were actually true.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#932748 Jun 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Gramm Leach Bliley was the law that Clinton signed that wiped out Glass-Stengal.
Gramm, Leach & Bliley are all Republican.
The bill was passed in the Senate with all Republicans & 1 Democrat voting for it & 44 Democrats & no Republicans against it.
Clinton was against it but a compromise was reached.
To blame Clinton for not stopping Republicans is really dishonest. Like most of your posts.
"real dumb"
Your boy, former president clinton could have stopped the bill easily. He could have vetoed it the bill.
Peace
KMA
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#932749 Jun 26, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of people knew. You were just too busy being a liberal useful idiot.
So... you have no clue then? Must be since you're making you're claims again...

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#932750 Jun 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Climate Change Is The Next Issue Republicans Will Screw Up Royally
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/climate-change...
For republicans to handle climate change without 'screwing it up' they would have to first go back to George H.W. Bush's Administration to see how to start. Last night I looked back at a Tom Wicker New York Times 'IN THE NATION ' article that he wrote on the urgency of the George H.W. Bush Administration taking seriously climate change as a national security threat." For many such reasons, some detailed in earlier columns, global environmental problems are a major -perhaps the major - threat to U.S. security, and to the security of mankind. Yet, amid all the talk of President-elect Bush's staff and Cabinet choices and his budget policies, scarcely a word has been heard about the ozone layer, acid rain, deforestation, soil depletion, population control, and other disasters happening or waiting to happen.

The world's resources now support five to six billion people. The United Nations projects, however, that world population will exceed eight billion by 2025. That means rising demand for food, firewood and timber, hence more deforestation, soil depletion and erosion. More and more land will become desert and the atmosphere less breathable; millions will move to unmanageably crowded urban areas; poverty and starvation will inexorably stalk their miserable streets."..."Interna tional environmental problems deserve to be among the Bush administration's highest priorities for at least three hardly disputable reasons:

First, ozone depletion, acid rain, ocean pollution and the like are clear and present threats to all nations, respecting no national boundaries.

Second, these problems demand international cooperation and promise the kind of joint international efforts that can promote understanding and peace among nations. Finally, a better life for the millions in the undeveloped world is in the interests of U.S. security - and obviously is a target for professed U.S. idealism." http://www.nytimes.com/1988/11/28/opinion/in-...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#932751 Jun 26, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Went to the library yesterday. Since you're writing a book yourself.
So... when was CRA repealed son?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#932752 Jun 26, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
No infant can survive outside the womb on its own.
Are you from Mars?
You watch too many Leftist propaganda flicks, Dood.
So.... how did you survive son?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#932753 Jun 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you find the NSA camera in your neighborhood yet?
And the one in your bathroom?
I found a gop camera in the bedroom
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#932754 Jun 26, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Anyone who doesn't think the government can find a way to overstep its authority on ANY issue is being remarkably naive
And yet, you claim a civil rights law already exists....

You're a curious animal son.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#932755 Jun 26, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Glass Stengal was signed by Clinton.
"He also signed the Commodity Futures Modernization Act, which exempted credit-default swaps from regulation. In 1995 Clinton loosened housing rules by rewriting the Community Reinvestment Act, which put added pressure on banks to lend in low-income neighborhoods. It is the subject of heated political and scholarly debate whether any of these moves are to blame for our troubles, but they certainly played a role in creating a permissive lending environment.
Read more: http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/ar... #ixzz2XLfrSysn
No son. Clinton repealed it.

Still can't get a simple fact straight I see.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#932756 Jun 26, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, because "stupid", Planned Parenthood became an abortion institution AFTER Roe v Wade and abortions in hospitals and clinics were illegal except New York BEFORE Roe v Wade.
But I know logic isn't liberals' strongpoint.
So... with your 'logic,' have you determined when CRA was repealed son?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 59 min the wandering girl 4,681
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr andet1987 4,662
Ping G20 Irons Compared With Cheap G15 Irons (May '12) 2 hr lucy 2
chief keef 2 hr sd 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr voice of peace 68,393
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr JOEL 69,030
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Louis Slungpoo 46,358
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr LRS 177,461
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••