Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
856,821 - 856,840 of 1,079,647 Comments Last updated 11 min ago

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Bush didn't lie about them dying at the hands of terrorists just to win an election - and his Secretary of State didn't remove security and then ignore their repeated requests for help.
That's why - you liberal loon!
Sure. Bush's idea of security led to the attacks on the WTC,(2600 dead) and the Pentagon (125 dead).

You call Obama a failure for the loss of four lives in a foreign nation.

Bush was a far greater failure, as he failed to prevent devastating attacks on the homeland.

It would appear that failure to protect America is a far more serious sin than a small attack in a foreign nation - not even at our embassy.

The real question, which you nitwits miss completely, is why was our Ambassador in Benghazi without his typical security team??

The answer to that is Top Secret, so you nitwits can flap your gums all you want.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Antonin Scalia Is Angry. Again.

His prediction from ten years ago has come true, and now he charges that the Court's liberals are just as hypocritical as he is.

.... this is a guy who, in a decision delivered just yesterday, helped gut the Voting Rights Act, one of the most important pieces of legislation ever passed by Congress and one that was reauthorized in 2006 by votes of 390-33 in the House and 98-0 in the Senate, yet spends two-thirds of this very dissent arguing that the Supreme Court is a bunch of black-robed tyrants when they invalidate a law passed by Congress. In other words, despite his carefully cultivated reputation as a principled "originalist," the only principle that guides Antonin Scalia is "what he can get away with." For him, it's the outcome that matters. The justification comes after. Is that true of the Court's liberals as well? Maybe. But it's a little rich to make that charge when your own hypocrisy is on such obvious display.

http://prospect.org/article/antonin-scalia-an...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of people knew. You were just too busy being a liberal useful idiot.
You claim to know this plan.

Please share it with us. There is no official Repugnant Health Care Plan in existence, to my knowledge.

Either prove me wrong, or admit you're just lying again, smokey./
SPARTA REPUBLIC

Heraklion, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Barrack still prints money like frenzy??
Is he ever going to stop?
I am guessing he will when dollar lost its value at historical levels.
And it will be beyond any repair.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Link to anything that supports your claim. Anything
You are wrong; look it up.
Would Joe Lieberman's own word be enough for you? I doubt it because you don't want to hear the truth about why the GOP is self-destructing because of their refusal to take a 'Big Tent 'perspective on reviving the party.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Obama is on his way to Africa. Too bad he won't stay there.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
so is President George Bush still in the tea party republican party?
Missed most of your whining this morning as was at the library.
Unlike nomabas library in Penna, they still have books.
Went to the library yesterday. Since you're writing a book yourself.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

For A Clearer Choice

http://biblehub.com/daniel/12-4.htm

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, moron , and why did SCOTUS strike them down? On what basis?
Try looking it up. Could have something to do with civil rights and equality. LOL

Could it be these laws were patently unConstitutional, just like DOMA, which your Party supported??

You offer dumb opinions that are not based in fact. And you ask others to do your research for you!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Hey clueless Galt,that's exactly what President Barack Obama has called for. "We limit the amount of toxic chemicals like mercury and sulfur and arsenic in our air or our water, but power plants can still dump unlimited amounts of carbon pollution into the air for free. That's not right, that's not safe, and it needs to stop," Obama said in a speech at Georgetown University. He said technological advances can help reduce pollution by capturing and storing carbon so it's not emitted into the air.
Obama said the United States can't go it alone. "I'm calling for an end of public financing for new coal plants overseas — unless they deploy carbon-capture technologies.... I urge other countries to join this effort," he said, adding that his administration will launch talks to help other countries build a low-carbon economy."
http://www.usatoday.com/news/
"Technological advances", meaning that the technology does not presently exist
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Would Joe Lieberman's own word be enough for you? I doubt it because you don't want to hear the truth about why the GOP is self-destructing because of their refusal to take a 'Big Tent 'perspective on reviving the party.
Still nothing to back-up your claim?

I am more than willing to keep you posting that Lieberman was a Republican.

You are wrong; look it up.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't poke fun, I call you fckn retards for thinking that things like banning gay marriage, banning abortion, increasing border security, escalating the "war" on drugs, increasing our international footprint, restricting trade, etc. represent "less government".
I believe that in the post to which you made this reply was from Carol harping about Planned Parenthood. Y'all want to defund PP NOT because that's the small government approach but because you want the government to impose your religious based "morality". That's not less government, that's MORE government which is fckn STUPID which makes you fckn STUPID.
That clear enough for you?
U-m-m-m...you've got spittle hanging from your left nostril.

Yes, less government is good while Tenzing government is bad and bigger, Mr. Libertarian.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Mike Huckabee on Fox is now peddling single payer option plans ,but he fails to recall that it was republican/independent Joe Lieberman who cast the deciding no vote on keeping single payer in Obamacare. Go Figure!
Huckabee proves once again that fundamentalist Christians are anti-abortion economic liberals.
NJ raider 1

Belleville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Good Grief!!!
So lets me get this straight. Gays deserve & will receive reparations that was denied to blacks? Blacks were oppressed, killed, & denied economic growth &, gays want to rewrite the definition of marriage but, they deserve & will receive billions in reparations & blacks will get nothing. Hilarious I must say!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Can it survive outside the womb on its own or does it rely completely on the host for its survival.
parasite |&#712;par&#601;&# 716;s&#299;t|
noun
an organism that lives in or on another organism (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the host's expense.
Doesn't say anything about it being cute.
No infant can survive outside the womb on its own.

Are you from Mars?

You watch too many Leftist propaganda flicks, Dood.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Radar/Camera devices are also very helpful in sending important information on traffic congestion and clear traffic routes available to help speed first responders and emergency vehicles to where they might be needed to medically treat and save lives of accident victims.
Did you find the NSA camera in your neighborhood yet?

And the one in your bathroom?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Just quoting James Hansen, director of NASA's Goddard Institute of Space Studies, who started the clamor for action to prevent global warming but who wrote in the 1998 Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences that "the forcings that drive long-term climate change are not known with accuracy sufficient to define future climate change."
Sorry to burst your comfortably-insulated global warming bubble.
I wouldn't be too smug, that was 15 years ago and before the hottest decade on record.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Your article omits to mention that a stricter version of the 1977 CRA was enacted by Bill Clinton in 1995. This renewed and toughened CRA gave federal regulators the authority to severely curtail the activities of a bank if the bank fails to follow this act. The next tightening step occurred in 1999, when Bill Clinton signed into law the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act which further expanded the reach of the CRA. From 1995 to 2004 it is a mere 9 years. A large majority of the subprime loans was granted under APR mortgage terms. That is, a very low interest rate is offered for the first five years of the loan. After these five years, the interest rate is no longer fixed and rises sharply. The inital low interest rate was necessary for the banks to sell enough subprime loans and not get criminalized under the CRA. The house owners usually get in trouble when the interest rate rises and they can no longer afford the loan. Therefore, there was a five-year lag after the introduction of the tightened CRA before the first problems started to appear. Furthermore, new loans were granted over many years, and the remaining four years after subtracting the lag do not appear that long anymore. When the tightened 1995 CRA by Bill Clinton is considered, the notion that the CRA is the root cause of the subprime mortgage crisis no longer appears silly.
Next, the article claims
... that 50% of subprime loans were made by mortgage service companies not subject comprehensive federal supervision and another 30% were made by affiliates of banks or thrifts which are not subject to routine supervision or examinations.
Please consider the exact wording. No comprehensive federal supervision. Does this mean that the CRA law still applies and is just not supervised and enforced? What about the banks and thrifts which are not subject to routine supervision or examinations? Do they act unlawfully just because of a lack of supervision? Is this the path recommended by the author? First, the text of the CRA applies to all regulated financial institutions - these are banks, insurance companies and their subsidiaries.
Second, please note that no real statistics are provided.
Dumbass, you think all subprime loans are CRA loans.

CRA loans were typical standard type, long term mortgages. Not the ones you described.

A study was done & it showed that the percentage of all failed loans that were CRA was the same as the percentage of all loans that were CRA. If the CRA loans were the problem, then certainly a higher percent would fail.

The Republicans wanted to tear down Glass Stengal & create all these new mortgage capable institutions.. All Clinton did was say that if they are in the mortgage business then they are subject to CRA rules.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if the Election was 9/18/12, you could try to peddle your BS.
But really, 2 months before the election?
My God you right whiners are dumber than sh*t.
Obama has an excellent record fighting Al Qaeda.
Why not jump up & down & scream "terrorist attack" & then say his efforts must continue. You know. like Bush wanted to do in 2004.
I'm curious why Bettie Lou dropped her harangue on the I.R.S. after Elijah Cummings blew the lid off the I.R.S. "scandal " by releasing the full transcripts that exonerated President Barack Obama from any involvement? "Republicans could never quite get their trail of bread crumbs to reach anywhere near the White House. The buzzards were circling earlier this month when Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA) released the best quotes he could cherry-pick from closed testimony, and still came up short. It was Rep. Elijah Cummings who finished it off, though, when he fulfilled Issa’s promise to release the full transcripts, which revealed that the supervisor responsible for scrutinizing Tea Party groups was a conservative Republican who ruled out White House involvement in the policy." ... "McConnell effectively acknowledged to disappointed conservatives that recently revealed IRS malfeasance probably wasn’t the consequence of any direct action taken by the White House."
http://www.mediaite.com/online/scandal-in-the...
We shouldn't expect any well-deserved apologies coming from the republicans for the false accusations about President Barack Obama any time soon.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said his department will now make benefits available to military spouses in same-sex marriages after the Supreme Court struck down the Defense of Marriage Act as unconstitutional.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/h...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

65 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy 7-24 6 min loose cannon 19
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 9 min andet1987 4,554
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min Beno Kaka Inhere 174,598
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 28 min JOEL 68,371
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 36 min voice of peace 67,924
Abby 7-24 1 hr Pippa 42
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 45,778
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr Mister Tonka 97,524
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••