Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
856,801 - 856,820 of 1,101,894 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
Whatever

Gering, NE

#932657 Jun 26, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Would Joe Lieberman's own word be enough for you? I doubt it because you don't want to hear the truth about why the GOP is self-destructing because of their refusal to take a 'Big Tent 'perspective on reviving the party.
Still nothing to back-up your claim?

I am more than willing to keep you posting that Lieberman was a Republican.

You are wrong; look it up.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#932658 Jun 26, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't poke fun, I call you fckn retards for thinking that things like banning gay marriage, banning abortion, increasing border security, escalating the "war" on drugs, increasing our international footprint, restricting trade, etc. represent "less government".
I believe that in the post to which you made this reply was from Carol harping about Planned Parenthood. Y'all want to defund PP NOT because that's the small government approach but because you want the government to impose your religious based "morality". That's not less government, that's MORE government which is fckn STUPID which makes you fckn STUPID.
That clear enough for you?
U-m-m-m...you've got spittle hanging from your left nostril.

Yes, less government is good while Tenzing government is bad and bigger, Mr. Libertarian.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#932659 Jun 26, 2013
<quoted text>Mike Huckabee on Fox is now peddling single payer option plans ,but he fails to recall that it was republican/independent Joe Lieberman who cast the deciding no vote on keeping single payer in Obamacare. Go Figure!
Huckabee proves once again that fundamentalist Christians are anti-abortion economic liberals.
NJ raider 1

Brooklyn, NY

#932660 Jun 26, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Good Grief!!!
So lets me get this straight. Gays deserve & will receive reparations that was denied to blacks? Blacks were oppressed, killed, & denied economic growth &, gays want to rewrite the definition of marriage but, they deserve & will receive billions in reparations & blacks will get nothing. Hilarious I must say!

Lapeer, MI

#932661 Jun 26, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Can it survive outside the womb on its own or does it rely completely on the host for its survival.
parasite |&#712;par&#601;&# 716;s&#299;t|
noun
an organism that lives in or on another organism (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the host's expense.
Doesn't say anything about it being cute.
No infant can survive outside the womb on its own.

Are you from Mars?

You watch too many Leftist propaganda flicks, Dood.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#932662 Jun 26, 2013
<quoted text>Radar/Camera devices are also very helpful in sending important information on traffic congestion and clear traffic routes available to help speed first responders and emergency vehicles to where they might be needed to medically treat and save lives of accident victims.
Did you find the NSA camera in your neighborhood yet?

And the one in your bathroom?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#932663 Jun 26, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Just quoting James Hansen, director of NASA's Goddard Institute of Space Studies, who started the clamor for action to prevent global warming but who wrote in the 1998 Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences that "the forcings that drive long-term climate change are not known with accuracy sufficient to define future climate change."
Sorry to burst your comfortably-insulated global warming bubble.
I wouldn't be too smug, that was 15 years ago and before the hottest decade on record.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#932664 Jun 26, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Your article omits to mention that a stricter version of the 1977 CRA was enacted by Bill Clinton in 1995. This renewed and toughened CRA gave federal regulators the authority to severely curtail the activities of a bank if the bank fails to follow this act. The next tightening step occurred in 1999, when Bill Clinton signed into law the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act which further expanded the reach of the CRA. From 1995 to 2004 it is a mere 9 years. A large majority of the subprime loans was granted under APR mortgage terms. That is, a very low interest rate is offered for the first five years of the loan. After these five years, the interest rate is no longer fixed and rises sharply. The inital low interest rate was necessary for the banks to sell enough subprime loans and not get criminalized under the CRA. The house owners usually get in trouble when the interest rate rises and they can no longer afford the loan. Therefore, there was a five-year lag after the introduction of the tightened CRA before the first problems started to appear. Furthermore, new loans were granted over many years, and the remaining four years after subtracting the lag do not appear that long anymore. When the tightened 1995 CRA by Bill Clinton is considered, the notion that the CRA is the root cause of the subprime mortgage crisis no longer appears silly.
Next, the article claims
... that 50% of subprime loans were made by mortgage service companies not subject comprehensive federal supervision and another 30% were made by affiliates of banks or thrifts which are not subject to routine supervision or examinations.
Please consider the exact wording. No comprehensive federal supervision. Does this mean that the CRA law still applies and is just not supervised and enforced? What about the banks and thrifts which are not subject to routine supervision or examinations? Do they act unlawfully just because of a lack of supervision? Is this the path recommended by the author? First, the text of the CRA applies to all regulated financial institutions - these are banks, insurance companies and their subsidiaries.
Second, please note that no real statistics are provided.
Dumbass, you think all subprime loans are CRA loans.

CRA loans were typical standard type, long term mortgages. Not the ones you described.

A study was done & it showed that the percentage of all failed loans that were CRA was the same as the percentage of all loans that were CRA. If the CRA loans were the problem, then certainly a higher percent would fail.

The Republicans wanted to tear down Glass Stengal & create all these new mortgage capable institutions.. All Clinton did was say that if they are in the mortgage business then they are subject to CRA rules.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#932665 Jun 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if the Election was 9/18/12, you could try to peddle your BS.
But really, 2 months before the election?
My God you right whiners are dumber than sh*t.
Obama has an excellent record fighting Al Qaeda.
Why not jump up & down & scream "terrorist attack" & then say his efforts must continue. You know. like Bush wanted to do in 2004.
I'm curious why Bettie Lou dropped her harangue on the I.R.S. after Elijah Cummings blew the lid off the I.R.S. "scandal " by releasing the full transcripts that exonerated President Barack Obama from any involvement? "Republicans could never quite get their trail of bread crumbs to reach anywhere near the White House. The buzzards were circling earlier this month when Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA) released the best quotes he could cherry-pick from closed testimony, and still came up short. It was Rep. Elijah Cummings who finished it off, though, when he fulfilled Issa’s promise to release the full transcripts, which revealed that the supervisor responsible for scrutinizing Tea Party groups was a conservative Republican who ruled out White House involvement in the policy." ... "McConnell effectively acknowledged to disappointed conservatives that recently revealed IRS malfeasance probably wasn’t the consequence of any direct action taken by the White House."
http://www.mediaite.com/online/scandal-in-the...
We shouldn't expect any well-deserved apologies coming from the republicans for the false accusations about President Barack Obama any time soon.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#932666 Jun 26, 2013
Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said his department will now make benefits available to military spouses in same-sex marriages after the Supreme Court struck down the Defense of Marriage Act as unconstitutional.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/h...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#932667 Jun 26, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, you are entitled to your opinion. IMO, coal fired plants are far more damaging to the environment than solar power or Wind turbines.
Don't forget, the plans for almost 70 new coal-fired power plants were cancelled under the Bush administration (not to mention the 30 or so cancelled in 2008 as a result of Bush administration policies.) IMO, that is a good thing.
Out of the 1,466 coal-fired power plants in the United States, only 125 were built after the 80's. IMO that is a bad thing.
Just my opinion, you don't have to like it.
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Category...
Folks like you think the Mohave Desert is just a bunch of sand, so why not cover it with solar panels.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#932668 Jun 26, 2013
SPARTA REPUBLIC wrote:
Barrack still prints money like frenzy??
Is he ever going to stop?
I am guessing he will when dollar lost its value at historical levels.
And it will be beyond any repair.
That's the U.S. Treasury Departments' job . So, you want to off-source another government job from the American economy.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#932669 Jun 26, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Try looking it up. Could have something to do with civil rights and equality. LOL
Could it be these laws were patently unConstitutional, just like DOMA, which your Party supported??
You offer dumb opinions that are not based in fact. And you ask others to do your research for you!!
You may not discriminate based on RACE

That is what the Civil Rights states and already existing law that was over a century old.

Lapeer, MI

#932670 Jun 26, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Not necessarily, I wouldn't have known the difference.
How do you know you weren't aborted and just got another chance? That's consistent with your mythology.
Take the meds. Quick!

"not necessarily"??? WTF does THAT mean?

...and wtf does your knowing the difference as an infant fit into this?

You shoot from the hip so much that you've got powder burns on your tallywhacker.

BTW, try loading the breech first before pulling the trigger.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#932671 Jun 26, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> So lets me get this straight. Gays deserve & will receive reparations that was denied to blacks? Blacks were oppressed, killed, & denied economic growth &, gays want to rewrite the definition of marriage but, they deserve & will receive billions in reparations & blacks will get nothing. Hilarious I must say!
He said it. Not me.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#932672 Jun 26, 2013
Anyone who doesn't think the government can find a way to overstep its authority on ANY issue is being remarkably naive

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#932673 Jun 26, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
For every 1 job the Obama administration has created, 75 people went on food stamps.
Liar
PDUPONT

Easthampton, MA

#932675 Jun 26, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
No law is going to prevent abortions from happening.
But the original law was extremely narrow in its definition of abortion and led to Pandora's Box being opened and now we have abortionists like Gosnell and Tiller - the two who were just caught doing late term and born alive abortions. Who knows how prevalent this is?
We also now have liberals demanding late term abortions be legal as well.
The killing of human life becoming the law of the land can only lead to a barbaric society.
There are no easy solutions but a society MUST take the moral high ground to be considered a civilized society on issues concerning life and death and respecting life in any form or phase of development.
The number of abortions has skyrocketed since Roe v Wade. It's not even considered a moral dilemma by most liberals - not even late-term abortions. We've already become a barbaric society.
HEY STUPID! How do you know that abortions have sky rocked since Reo v Wade? They weren't reported prior to that ruling since they were illegal or were simply called something else in medical records like a dilation and curettage. How many women died or had their health and reproductive systems destroyed by back alley abortionists? If you and your ignorant ilk have their way there'll be more Kermit Gosnells and many more women will die.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#932676 Jun 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbass, you think all subprime loans are CRA loans.
CRA loans were typical standard type, long term mortgages. Not the ones you described.
A study was done & it showed that the percentage of all failed loans that were CRA was the same as the percentage of all loans that were CRA. If the CRA loans were the problem, then certainly a higher percent would fail.
The Republicans wanted to tear down Glass Stengal & create all these new mortgage capable institutions.. All Clinton did was say that if they are in the mortgage business then they are subject to CRA rules.
Glass Stengal was signed by Clinton.

"He also signed the Commodity Futures Modernization Act, which exempted credit-default swaps from regulation. In 1995 Clinton loosened housing rules by rewriting the Community Reinvestment Act, which put added pressure on banks to lend in low-income neighborhoods. It is the subject of heated political and scholarly debate whether any of these moves are to blame for our troubles, but they certainly played a role in creating a permissive lending environment.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/ar... #ixzz2XLfrSysn
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#932677 Jun 26, 2013
Rush yesterday....

The Left is in Tizzy Over the Supreme Court Ruling on the Voting Rights Act

The justices basically called out Congress today as a bunch of cowards. You know, you guys, you didn't have the courage to right things, so we're gonna do it for you, and we're just gonna invalidate this portion of the Voting Rights Act because it's no longer constitutional. It's not legal to continue discriminating against people who didn't engage in it in the first place. It would be great if this whole line of thinking were applied throughout our culture and society when it comes to affirmative action, racial discrimination and all that.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/06/25/...

Rush today....

Limbaugh On Supreme Court Marriage Equality Decisions: "Why Do We Even Need A Court If It Is Going To Behave Like This?"

http://mediamatters.org/video/2013/06/26/limb...

it's no wonder the right wing 'media' can make no headway beyond their core audience.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,538
ruth ann hall's son 9 min EYES EVERWHERE 1
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 17 min Sterkfontein Swar... 65
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 31 min Bluto 49,517
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 59 min Rick Moss 69,094
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr truth-facts 46,385
Who is MICHAEL LA VAUGHN ROBINSON 1 hr Check Facts 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr RACE 97,985
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••