Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Whatever

Gering, NE

#932456 Jun 26, 2013
DOMA struck down, 5-4 (per Kennedy). Here's
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#932457 Jun 26, 2013
Federal Court Rules Shirley Sherrod Can Continue Her Defamation Case Against Breitbart

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/06/25/breitb...
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#932458 Jun 26, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Again with your idiotic claims of CRA.
The truth will never get through... you pile on too much political insulation to cocoon yourself.
Banks were never forced to make those loans. In fact, there were banks that never qualified as having to be required to follow CRA guidelines in the first place.
You're just filled with too much hate. It's a shame you ruined so many kids.
I got your truth right here...

The original lobbyists for the CRA were the hardcore leftists who supported the Carter administration and were often rewarded for their support with government grants and programs like the CRA that they benefited from including various "neighborhood organizations" such as "ACORN".

Banks have been placed in a Catch 22 situation by the CRA: If they comply, they know they will have to suffer from more loan defaults. If they don't comply, they face financial penalties and, worse yet, their business plans for mergers, branch expansions, etc., can be blocked by CRA protesters which can cost a large corporation like Bank of America billions of dollars. Like most businesses, they have largely buckled under and have surrendered to their bureaucratic masters.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/dilorenzo/dilorenz...

PBS News Hour January 21, 1998: Clinton came right out and admitted the majority of the bad loans occurred in the five years since he'd been president.

TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#932459 Jun 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
this is all i need to know.
Eight in ten voters agree that the special session should be focused on issues like ”education, jobs, and economy instead of bringing up social issues like abortion”; 71 percent think that the Governor and the legislature should spend less time passing laws restricting abortion. Again, both Independent and Republican voters share this view.
http://www.lrl.state.tx.us/scanned/archive/20...
They really should spend LESS time trying to dictate social agenda bullchit and for a REAL change-actually use time productively in getting back to what they're supposed to be doing-which does NOT included telling people how to live their lives!

This has been the WORST admin I've ever seen for that kind of commie dictatorship ego-maniacal type crap.

Get back to business FOR America-NOT dictating against it!!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#932460 Jun 26, 2013
Supreme Court DOMA Decision Rules Federal Same-Sex Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/26/supr...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#932461 Jun 26, 2013
This is limited to "lawful" mirriages
LCN Llin

United States

#932462 Jun 26, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
That was yesterday. Today, Rasmussen has it at 50% disapprove, 47% approve.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...
Still going in the opposite direction. But don't be disheartened. He still has his faithful lapdogs who might just decide to remain loyal and obey his every command. Unlike Bush when they were nipping at his heels every step of the way.
President Bush introduced Prescription Drug coverage under Medicare and a Guest Worker Program for Mexican workers. Of course President Bush did not attend his parties convention in 2012

Bush was not a racist.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#932463 Jun 26, 2013
Apparently the SCOTUS is still allowing the states to decided who may get married and leaves it with the state.

The Feds must acknowledge these marriages that are lawful
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#932464 Jun 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt caught lying again.
The law says 50 employees not 50 American Citizen employees.
So the rest of his post os all garbage.
Wait and see.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#932465 Jun 26, 2013
So basically, SCOTUS ruled for federal modesty in both VRA and DOMA.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#932467 Jun 26, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning clueless one:
" Any notion that Tuesday's election represented a liberal juggernaut must overcome a detail from the voting booths of California: The same voters who turned out strongest for Barack Obama also drove a stake through the heart of same-sex marriage.
Seven in 10 African Americans who went to the polls voted yes on Proposition 8"
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2008-11-07...
We could go over each of your propaganda assertions you are repeating, Kool-Aid drinker, but since you are dishonest, I won't.
Tenzing along with every liberal on here will never accept that black and Hispanic democrats predominantly voted yes on Proposition 8 as in California.

They will also never accept many democrats also oppose abortion.

And they will never accept most wars in the past century were started and accelerated under Democratic leadership.

It's just more convenient to blame republicans for their disillusionment.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#932468 Jun 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Supreme Court DOMA Decision Rules Federal Same-Sex Marriage Ban Unconstitutional
Let us know when you find something on some actual immigration reform, or welfare reform, or viable, affordable individual/group HC reforms (that do not pass the buck and implement robbinghoodieTicing more off the above table Working tax payers class sectors)...you know, some actual PROGRESS of MERIT worthy mentions...rather than just more social whining half rotten apple barrel cart before broke back mule stuff.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#932469 Jun 26, 2013
GDP: Growth Slashed to 1.8% in 1st Quarte

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#932470 Jun 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
isn't the case?
you'll have to fill me in on whatever right wing nonsense was used to come to that conclusion.
Where is Chinese medicine covered in O'bamacare. Where are vitamins covered in O'bamacare--what about alternative treatments I would like to choose if I get sick? where are they covered? I am going to have to pay out of pocket for every thing I choose just like I do now. I do not use western medicine--and that is what O'bama covers. Medication for the masses. Not about health, not about care. This is not right wing. This is about people who care about their own health, not some government telling them.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#932471 Jun 26, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. Carol
Just quoting James Hansen, director of NASA's Goddard Institute of Space Studies, who started the clamor for action to prevent global warming but who wrote in the 1998 Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences that "the forcings that drive long-term climate change are not known with accuracy sufficient to define future climate change."

Sorry to burst your comfortably-insulated global warming bubble.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#932472 Jun 26, 2013
32% Say U.S. Economy Getting Better, 39% Say Worse...

Prevented this

#932473 Jun 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
You will now be able to marry your brother-good for you.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#932474 Jun 26, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>You will now be able to marry your brother-good for you.
Why do you have to lie?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#932475 Jun 26, 2013
The Supreme Court dismisses Prop8 on grounds proponents lack standing

Prevented this

#932476 Jun 26, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Just quoting James Hansen, director of NASA's Goddard Institute of Space Studies, who started the clamor for action to prevent global warming but who wrote in the 1998 Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences that "the forcings that drive long-term climate change are not known with accuracy sufficient to define future climate change."
Sorry to burst your comfortably-insulated global warming bubble.
Dick Durbin (D Walgreens) announces that the Great Lakes are evaporating at an alarming rate. However they are exactly the same as last year. And now as of today the Chicago area has flooded again. The last flood was less than two months ago. I don't know how Dick is keeping all that rain out of Lake Michigan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min Fair Game 46,709
Amy 9-20 28 min edogxxx 2
Abby 9-20 34 min Pippa 3
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 56 min edogxxx 98,233
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Scary Mooooooslim 178,073
The Official Vanessa Hudgens Chat Room (Aug '07) 1 hr mikayla tisdale 3,784
Word (Dec '08) 4 hr andet1987 4,719
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••