Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
856,521 - 856,540 of 1,082,982 Comments Last updated 24 min ago
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if you look at what happened in MA and TX last night, quite a change from '10 dontcha think?
But you go right ahead thinking your party's fine, that thinking worked out so well last year didn't it?
Its amusing to watch. The GOP has acknowledged that they need to change so their solution is to do exactly NOT that.
GOP want to restrict voting which turned out record voters in 2012.
People stayed in line for 6 to 8 hours.
Fund raising has begun.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks but I didn't really need an example of "stupid", thought my post was sufficient.
Since you insist though, why don't you take a shot at explaining how having the government regulate personal relationships is "less government" regardless of what a mob says.
Big government republicans are a fact

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Had Glass-Steagall been in place, Citigroup could not have formed CitiFinancial and Bear Stearns would not have needed a bailout. Many in the financial community believe the repeal of Glass-Steagall did contribute to the financial mess we are in.
The reason why Hillary Clinton has remained silent over her husband's repeal of Glass-Steagall may be because it is more embarrassing than Monica Lewinsky.
Gramm Leach Bliley was the law that Clinton signed that wiped out Glass-Stengal.

Gramm, Leach & Bliley are all Republican.

The bill was passed in the Senate with all Republicans & 1 Democrat voting for it & 44 Democrats & no Republicans against it.

Clinton was against it but a compromise was reached.

To blame Clinton for not stopping Republicans is really dishonest. Like most of your posts.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not the government's job to create jobs.

Neither is it the government's job to inhibit jobs or freeze hiring by big government intrusion. That's where Obama gets into trouble. And why we're where we are.
As long as You have a roof over your head?
If different, would the view from the street be different.
Peace
neigbor

Snellville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Gramm Leach Bliley was the law that Clinton signed that wiped out Glass-Stengal.
Gramm, Leach & Bliley are all Republican.
The bill was passed in the Senate with all Republicans & 1 Democrat voting for it & 44 Democrats & no Republicans against it.
Clinton was against it but a compromise was reached.
To blame Clinton for not stopping Republicans is really dishonest. Like most of your posts.
Knee jerk republican blame everything on democrats.
Keeping people from voting will energize the democratic party.
" He man, the repugs don't want you to vote. we will pay for your voter ID"
NJ raider 1

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks but I didn't really need an example of "stupid", thought my post was sufficient.
Since you insist though, why don't you take a shot at explaining how having the government regulate personal relationships is "less government" regardless of what a mob says.
Look I'm against passing laws to comfort a certain groups securities but, I truly don't care who dates or sleeps with who. It's none of my business. In a world where there has to be laws & rules to govern society, we shouldn't be encouraging gay anything to kids. They're learning about sexual orientation far too young &, it's not the school or society's job to teach our children about such life altering events. Now on the same hand, if this country is based on freedom as we're told, the majority shouldn't have to accommodate the emotions of the minority. I know people will compare being gay to black slavery but, before you do, they're not on the same playing field. For one being black is not a choice. Here comes the argument! 2nd, blacks were targeted for just that being black. Gays aren't targeted for being gay by society in general. I for 1 don't see the big deal in giving them the same rights under a different title. If that's the big deal, it can be easily solved. Sorry for my rambling but, my concern is for the kids. They are 2 easily influenced!

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are correct about climate change, which you are not, then changes by America will do absolutely no good if China and Russia and India and Korea and Vietnam and others do not do the same.
To think that their emissions of greenhouse gases would affect only their countries is naive.
A reduction is a reduction regardless if anyone else follows through.

This idea that we should wait until Russia & china do more is stupid.If the U.S. won't do anything, why should thy. Aren't we number one or two in greenhouse emissions?

Many smaller countries have put in measures already.

I realize Galt is old doesn't give a rat's patutie about future generations.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just not the same.
Besides, with electronic books, who needs libraries?
Of course it's not the same, why would anyone (logical and rational) expect it to be?

"OMG" and for heavens sake, electronically formatted reading materials made for public access need to be stored somewhere too.

But thanks for proving that a worm is a worm is a worm lol.

(I will say though, magazine articles on an e-reader...meh. The page dimensions just don't quite measure up to a good old fashioned hard copy in hand!!)
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Gutting Voting Rights: Supreme Court Gives Racist Republicans Just What They Wanted

The Voting Rights Act has been doing precisely what it was intended to do for nearly fifty years. It was reauthorized in 2006 with overwhelming support in congress (98-0 in the senate, 390-33 in the House) and signed by George W. Bush. For the Court to overturn the will of the people in this regard tags them as just the sort of activist jurists that right-wingers usually assail. The Act’s usefulness was demonstrated just last year when numerous localities tried, but failed, to implement voter suppression schemes.

http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't confuse waxman with logic and facts, these morons are here to whine not think.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it's not the same, why would anyone (logical and rational) expect it to be?
"OMG" and for heavens sake, electronically formatted reading materials made for public access need to be stored somewhere too.
But thanks for proving that a worm is a worm is a worm lol.
(I will say though, magazine articles on an e-reader...meh. The page dimensions just don't quite measure up to a good old fashioned hard copy in hand!!)
always enjoy <nobamas> insights into his thinking.
Enjoy books real and kindle ...with kindle the entire library portable for trips. Hard to skim electronic books.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Gutting Voting Rights: Supreme Court Gives Racist Republicans Just What They Wanted
The Voting Rights Act has been doing precisely what it was intended to do for nearly fifty years. It was reauthorized in 2006 with overwhelming support in congress (98-0 in the senate, 390-33 in the House) and signed by George W. Bush. For the Court to overturn the will of the people in this regard tags them as just the sort of activist jurists that right-wingers usually assail. The Act’s usefulness was demonstrated just last year when numerous localities tried, but failed, to implement voter suppression schemes.
http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/...
reducing the early voting was an indication that the republicans feared american voters.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. In case you haven't noticed, Christie himself has said he is even more "shocked" by some of the crazy "stuff" Republicans bring to the floor of Congress than Democrats. He's one of those new image Republicans I mentioned. That is what it will take to revive the GOP....a new image, new ideas and a willingness to compromise. If the Republicans continue down their obstructionist path, they are dead in the water.
Well the good old puritans of blue state pitch fork and torch bearing colonialville need not worry-they've filled Kerry's O'Kennedy moss covered dark age seat with another antiquated jackboot licking partisan poliTical demoncRat of old skewl CRONYism..for the time being anyway.

And DON'T EVEN try and go there with ANY "you mention" Christie garbage.

Because I've already BEEN THERE-actually walking the walk and singing that tune for YEARS....in case you haven't been posting here long enough to have seen enough of it to figure it out.

The times they are a changin'...and SOME of us are just waiting for the REST of the nation to catch up and grow some actual independent, ethical braincells again and say SCREW the disgusting pandering and puhphoniess of petty, bootlicking political partisan "correct(less)ness". ..and vote for what's best FOR this nation again-and NOT for anything else that bears against it!!!!
==========
Democratic Jersey mayors are endorsing Chris Christie for re-election.

Sea Bright Mayor Dina Long threw her support behind Christie on Wednesday, touting his leadership in the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy and saying she has no time for partisan politics while trying to rebuild her town, which was heavily damaged by the storm.

“There is no time for Republicans and Democrats to bash each other in the name of party politics. I don’t want to spend the next six months being coy,” she said during the endorsement announcement in Sea Bright.

Long is the second Democratic mayor, after Harrison’s Raymond McDonough, to endorse Christie for re-election.( alan.com LA 6/26/2013)

CHRISTIE ET AL for POTUS 2013!
REAL LEADERSHIP FOR America again-NOT against it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

The Texas anti-abortion bill, which threatened to close nearly all of the abortion clinics in the state and prompted an 11-hour filibuster by state Sen. Wendy Davis (D), is dead, The Austin American-Statesman reported.

Lawmakers had to vote on Senate Bill 5 before the special session's end at 12 a.m. local time. However, more than 400 protesters halted the proceedings 15 minutes before the roll call could be completed with what they called "a people's filibuster," The Associated Press reported.

The crowd of demonstrators in the capitol cried "Shame! Shame!" when Davis' filibuster was halted by Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst, who ruled that her discussion of mandatory ultrasound testing was off-topic. Then the protesters roared after state Sen. Leticia Van De Putte asked, "At what point must a female senator raise her hand or her voice to be recognized over her male colleagues?”

Their cries continued to echo inside the chamber -- and over a livestream watched by thousands around the world -- until after the midnight deadline passed.

Although some Republican lawmakers later claimed the bill had passed in time, Democrats denied that the vote was completed before the clock ran out on the session.

A time stamp showing the vote completed after midnight was the deciding factor.“This will not become law,” Sen. John Whitmire (D), told The Austin American-Statesman.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/26/texa...
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>"Representative Edward J. Markey, a Democrat who has toiled for almost 40 years in the House in both the majority and minority, won a promotion to the Senate on Tuesday in a victory over Gabriel Gomez, a Republican who has never served in elective office.
Mr. Markey, 66, replaces John Kerry, who stepped down earlier this year to become secretary of state, and he will provide a reliable vote for President Obama’s agenda, which seemed to be just what voters wanted." http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/26/us/massachu...
Scott Brown did not run.
Similar to the silence from the Bush family?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
always enjoy <nobamas> insights into his thinking.
Enjoy books real and kindle ...with kindle the entire library portable for trips. Hard to skim electronic books.
It's the page dimensions thing..although the built in high lightning capabilities makes it simple to hover over the stuff that just kind of "sticks out" :-).
Easily catalog these days too-no excuses for "poor inventory management" when managed well anyway!
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Red State Sucker wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't confuse waxman with logic and facts, these morons are here to whine not think.
IRS recedes, AP gone, Benghazi old news..
Voting right the problem for republican members of congress now.
How will they jump?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
reducing the early voting was an indication that the republicans feared american voters.
it's much easier for those who hate anyone who is different from them to try to keep those folks from voting rather than trying to get them to vote for a hater.

no big deal though. it just gives conservatives one more way to put another nail in the coffin of the GOP.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Big government republicans are a fact
Exactly and that simple statement illustrates that their entire platform is a sham that can only be supported by lying and willful ignorance.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search