Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#932511 Jun 26, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's just do a "fact-based" test, shall we?
1. Under which presidents was the CRA created and expanded?
2. Are there more democrats including blacks and Hispanics in California or more republicans?
3. Do all democrats condone abortion?
4. Which party's leadership started more wars since the 1900s?
If you answered:
1. Carter and Clinton.
2. More democrats in California.
3. No.
4. The Democratic Party.
Then you passed.
lol! You finally got it right about CRA being created under Carter, son.

Good for you! hooray!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#932512 Jun 26, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
For every 1 job the Obama administration has created, 75 people went on food stamps.
And the other 74? Romney promised the opportunity to get the one job.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#932513 Jun 26, 2013
flack wrote:
El Nino, La Nina,'unlikely to make appearance in 2013'
Really? So you're claiming 'neutral' weather?

wow.

that's a new one.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#932514 Jun 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's an idea.
Obama should persuade his Communist buddies to live with the same environmental restrictions as American power producers.
Seems fair.
Hey clueless Galt,that's exactly what President Barack Obama has called for. "We limit the amount of toxic chemicals like mercury and sulfur and arsenic in our air or our water, but power plants can still dump unlimited amounts of carbon pollution into the air for free. That's not right, that's not safe, and it needs to stop," Obama said in a speech at Georgetown University. He said technological advances can help reduce pollution by capturing and storing carbon so it's not emitted into the air.

Obama said the United States can't go it alone. "I'm calling for an end of public financing for new coal plants overseas — unless they deploy carbon-capture technologies.... I urge other countries to join this effort," he said, adding that his administration will launch talks to help other countries build a low-carbon economy."
http://www.usatoday.com/news/
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#932515 Jun 26, 2013
Market up, dollar up, gold down. This is not what Flack and Galt were predicting. Has the world gone mad?

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#932516 Jun 26, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! republicans had a plan?
wow.
I guess they just never told anyone.
Mike Huckabee on Fox is now peddling single payer option plans ,but he fails to recall that it was republican/independent Joe Lieberman who cast the deciding no vote on keeping single payer in Obamacare. Go Figure!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#932517 Jun 26, 2013
flack wrote:
Ten Thousandth near-Earth object unearthed in space
No worries, we'll send Bruce Willis' mining team with Ben Affleck leading the group this time if one of them gets too close.

What? I'm the only one who's see Armageddon?
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#932518 Jun 26, 2013
Scalia, in his dissent regarding SCOTUS's DOMA's decision, wrote:“We have no power to decide this case. And even if we did, we have no power under the Constitution to invalidate this democratically adopted legislation. The Court’s errors on both points spring forth from the same diseased root: an exalted conception of the role of this institution in America.”

...I like the part about the court's errors springing forth from the same diseased root - not just the exalted conception of gay marriage in America but, in my opinion, the liberal judges.

But some of you will be thrilled to know dozens of Republicans added their names to a paper known as a friend-of-the-court brief that argued that gay marriage promotes the conservative values of stability and mutual obligation.

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/...

So there goes your anal republican morality argument.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#932519 Jun 26, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing can be done to stop climate change. Now go marry your partner and be happy.
N J raider 1 and the rest of us have no time for your crack pot flat Earth climate denier bunkum. We are moving!#ForwardonClimate!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#932520 Jun 26, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! republicans had a plan?
wow.
I guess they just never told anyone.
Well part of Romney's plan was to add 2 trillion in defense spending, sure that may have produced a short term boost to the economy and then of course massive amounts of more debt. But then again the Republicans really do not give s sh!t about the debt. Not really.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#932521 Jun 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
right wing politically dysfunctional illiterates have never been an issue with me.
still funny?
Talking to yourself again Sonic?
LCN Llin

United States

#932522 Jun 26, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you have to lie?
for right wingers lying is like breathing

LOL

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#932523 Jun 26, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Hey clueless Galt,that's exactly what President Barack Obama has called for. "We limit the amount of toxic chemicals like mercury and sulfur and arsenic in our air or our water, but power plants can still dump unlimited amounts of carbon pollution into the air for free. That's not right, that's not safe, and it needs to stop," Obama said in a speech at Georgetown University. He said technological advances can help reduce pollution by capturing and storing carbon so it's not emitted into the air.
Obama said the United States can't go it alone. "I'm calling for an end of public financing for new coal plants overseas — unless they deploy carbon-capture technologies.... I urge other countries to join this effort," he said, adding that his administration will launch talks to help other countries build a low-carbon economy."
http://www.usatoday.com/news/
Nobody overseas is going to listen to that clown.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#932524 Jun 26, 2013
flack wrote:
Coming to a guard rail near you. A radar/camera device that is fitted into a section of guard rail. The device is turned on when a motion detector senses a speeding vehicle. As the vehicle passes by the camera takes a picture of the offending vehicle and sends it, along with the speed, to a policeman waiting further down the road. A cousin of the red light cameras look for these to appear on all major interstates and highways. Betting in the near future they will cut out the police and just send the owner of the vehicle a ticket in the mail.
Radar/Camera devices are also very helpful in sending important information on traffic congestion and clear traffic routes available to help speed first responders and emergency vehicles to where they might be needed to medically treat and save lives of accident victims.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LCN Llin

United States

#932525 Jun 26, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like saying Bush kicked you in shin after Carter and Clinton put you in the hospital on life support.
so is President George Bush still in the tea party republican party?

Missed most of your whining this morning as was at the library.
Unlike nomabas library in Penna, they still have books.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#932526 Jun 26, 2013
Homer wrote:
Market up, dollar up, gold down. This is not what Flack and Galt were predicting. Has the world gone mad?
LONDON (AP)-- Disappointing U.S. economic growth figures failed to alter the mood in financial markets Wednesday which has seen most stocks eke out solid gains for the second day running.

Despite signs that the recent correction in stock markets may have stabilized, investors remain cautious.

"It still feels as if markets are simply looking to catch their breath after all the excitement of the past week, and so it is perhaps unwise to suggest that two days of positive trading make a trend," said Chris Beauchamp, market analyst at IG.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/W/WORLD_...

I'd take his advise if I were you, Homer. Let's wait to bring out the cake in another month or so before we celebrate - or after the Feds completely stop the printing presses this time next year.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LCN Llin

United States

#932527 Jun 26, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Nobody overseas is going to listen to that clown.
you feel Galt is clueless, thought he was on your side?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#932528 Jun 26, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Well part of Romney's plan was to add 2 trillion in defense spending, sure that may have produced a short term boost to the economy and then of course massive amounts of more debt. But then again the Republicans really do not give s sh!t about the debt. Not really.
lol! Absolutely. It's 'good' debt for them.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NJ raider 1

Brooklyn, NY

#932529 Jun 26, 2013
Tony C wrote:
To all of you still against same-sex marriage (including that dumb dickhead up in NJ)...
YOU DON'T MATTER!! LOL!!
Next: we repeal amendment 2 in Florida.
buh-bye now!
Dickhead is not a word that should come out of your mouth, given how frequently it goes in! I'm not going to go the rounds with you again. I've never been the type to pray on the weak or, kick a man woman while they're down. Live your life, I'm happy for you. It's sad tho, that this is the issue that you devoted your life to. Could've been something that would actually help the future (children), not hinder!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#932530 Jun 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, otherwise known as "Obamacare," what is now called alternative medicine may become as accessible and widely accepted as conventional care.
The controversial act specifically mentions complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) and integrative healthcare in seven different sections throughout the law. This is thanks in part to the efforts of the Integrative Healthcare Policy Consortium, a coalition of major organizations started at the request of legislators in Washington devoted to the promotion of CAM and integrative healthcare in the U.S. It covers nothing I do to stay healthy.
http://www.kptv.com/story/20407636/obamacare-...
You better read it again numb nutz.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 min Frijoles 71,043
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Cowobunga 51,254
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 49,220
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Uzi 68,883
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Guru 181,833
New Beach Boys song. 13 hr The Beach Boys 1
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 13 hr _Zoey_ 363
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:01 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:01PM
Cowboys' Murray listed as questionable for Colts - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 8:26 AM
Report: Executives suggest Bears could have to attach a draft pick to move Cutler
Bleacher Report11:56 AM
Eagles vs. Redskins: Live Score and Analysis for Philadelphia
Yahoo! Sports 5:54 PM
Eagles playoff hopes suffer with loss to Redskins
Bleacher Report 6:14 PM
RG3 Showing Enough to Remain Starter in WSH