Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
856,441 - 856,460 of 1,100,246 Comments Last updated 19 min ago

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#932282 Jun 25, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
To the contrary, your posts adds to the intellectual pollution with vague, nebulous, foggy bullsh it.
Do Chinese Coal-Fired Power Plants use scrubbers at all? What kind of coal(quality) is the most commonly used?
You add nothing to the discussion but smarmy pea-shooter style yelps.
Proof? What proof? Links? NO LINKS! No credible Studies. Nothing but some Copy-n-Pissed you probably pulled out of Mother Jones.
Go sit on your face and breathe deeply.
I provided a link. You can go back and find it.

However, it is a FACT that coal plants are the most polluting of all power stations.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#932283 Jun 25, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>You an ignorant, racist, ass like Carol. Grow up and show some respect for your neighbors and citizens.
Beg your pardon?

Neither am I ignorant or a racist. And certainly not an ass.

The Voting Rights Act is outdated. The Southern states are no longer the predominantly Democratic racist states they once were in 1965.

Time to let go of the past. Only Democrats want to cling to it for dear life. The race card is their ace in the hole for the black vote.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#932284 Jun 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The Three Gorges Dam is an environmental disaster that could never be approved in the US. In fact, it is doubtful that any new hydropower project could be approved in the US.
China's coal-fired power plants generally lack emissions controls on sulfur oxides and nitrogen oxides, which were being installed on US plants until Obama killed the industry.
Even if the US shuts down every coal-fired plant in the country, the new plants constructed in China will overwhelm any reduction in greenhouse gases.
And even more jobs will flee to China.
Thanks, Barack.
Because of the world's prevailing wind currents, China's air pollution travels to the U.S.

Japan's radiation from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster has drifted here, too, for example. And the flotsam from the tsunami!

California air/water quality monitors have been reporting this.

So air and water currents are bringing pollution from China over to America's West Coast. It is ironic (to me, at least) that America's Left Coast of eco-purists, tree-huggers and the wine-and-croissant Magic Negro airheads are going to get sh it on by China's Coal Economy while the Boy Messiah trash's America's economy by attacking the cleanest coal producers on the planet....

It makes the head spin to witness this type and intensity of stupidity from Liberal Land....

Liberals are responsible for the simultaneous crying and nervous laughter across the cold dark nights in America today.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#932285 Jun 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Medicare covers only 80% of costs, so a supplemental plan is essential.
HMO plans are worthless, whether employer plans or Medicare Advantage. Only fools select this option. Bangladesh medicine.
You're entitled to your opinion.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#932286 Jun 25, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Mick Jagger dissed Obama during a DC concert in reference to the NSA. "I don't think President Obama is here tonight, but I'm sure he's listening in."
The mention of Obama's name elicited boo's from the audience. Obama has lost the people's trust. And no one knows what's going on with Obamacare.
Think it's the other party on its last leg.
If Mick ever did a White House concert, I'm sure he'd play "Get Off Of My Cloud" right to the Magic Negro's face.

Lapeer, MI

#932287 Jun 25, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Beg your pardon?
The Voting Rights Act is outdated. The Southern states are no longer the predominantly Democratic racist states they once were in 1965.
Time to let go of the past. Only Democrats want to cling to it for dear life. The race card is their ace in the hole for the black vote.
Voting may become more fair and honest now for the first time in 50 years.

Eric Racist Holder and his Clown Boss are very upset because this means that their "Chicago Style" politics can't be applied any longer. They are losing control of their Shell Games and Race Cards.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#932288 Jun 25, 2013
The New York Times reported a few weeks ago "The rise in the surface temperature of earth has been markedly slower over the last 15 years than in the 20 years before that."

A "warming plateau" like in the 1950s to the 1970s "which scientists do not fully understand either."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/11/science/ear... ;

Looks like Obama told another fib today.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#932289 Jun 25, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
If Mick ever did a White House concert, I'm sure he'd play "Get Off Of My Cloud" right to the Magic Negro's face.
Sometimes I feel like tuning out until some measure of sanity returns again.

This president and his administration are a circus.

Never thought I'd miss Bill Clinton. But remembering his bold statement in his State of the Union Address, "The era of big government is over!", makes me feel nostalgic, ironically enough.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#932290 Jun 25, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
Veteran Representative Edward Markey of Massachusetts on Tuesday won the U.S. Senate seat vacated by John Kerry and helped Democrats maintain their majority in the chamber.
Markey claimed victory in a post on his official campaign Twitter page, saying: "Thank you Massachusetts! I am deeply honored for the opportunity to serve you in the United States Senate."
Local cable news station NECN said Markey secured 54 percent of the vote with 87 percent of districts reporting.
The win caps a campaign that Markey began in December, shortly after President Barack Obama said he wanted to appoint Kerry U.S. Secretary of State.
Nice!
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#932291 Jun 25, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Voting may become more fair and honest now for the first time in 50 years.
Eric Racist Holder and his Clown Boss are very upset because this means that their "Chicago Style" politics can't be applied any longer. They are losing control of their Shell Games and Race Cards.
He was a bit miffed. Made me feel very happy.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#932292 Jun 25, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't that what you people want for America son?
After all, scrubbers make electricity more expensive. And what greedy corporation cares about the environment when capitalism is the god you bow to?
And you were the big rally cryers for nuclear as well.
And even with 'drill, baby, drill,' we still export gasoline.
amazing.
Your electric and gas bills are going to go higher.

No one bows to capitalism. When capitalism is unchecked, there can be a few problems. But everyone bows to communism - or else.

Just ask conservatives who were questioned gestapo-style about their book club reading material and what they said in their prayers because they didn't bow to this administration. Sounds very KGB to me.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#932293 Jun 25, 2013
At least Obama's back to face the music, and he's trying as hard as he can to change the tune.

He's playing an oldie but a goodie - global warming - trying to drown out the economy, the numerous scandals, China and Russia poking him in the eye, and the "train wreck that's coming."

You'd think he would have picked any one of the more contemporary "top 10 hits" in his first public appearance that everyone else is singing.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#932295 Jun 25, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I provided a link. You can go back and find it.
However, it is a FACT that coal plants are the most polluting of all power stations.
Depends how one defines "polluting."

Modern coal fired plants remove particulates, sulfur oxides, and nitrogen oxides.

One could easily argue that solar power plants cause far more permanent damage to the environment because of the vast amounts of land involved and their frequent location in desert areas that have very fragile ecosystems that cannot recover once disturbed.

Wind turbines also have significant environmental effects, including killing large numbers of protected bird species.

And the negative effects of hydropower projects such as the Three Gorges Dam in China are obvious.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#932296 Jun 25, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Beg your pardon?
Just like cons and the elimination of the Glass-Steagal Act.

And look what devastation that wrought.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#932297 Jun 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The Montreal Protocol relates to halogenated hydrocarbons, not carbon emissions.
You wouldn't know what the Montreal Protocol was unless I told you. It was one of Ronald Reagan's few great foreign policy successes. Here is why banning hydroflurocarbons are crucial to climate change mitigation.--> http://switchboard.nrdc.org/blogs/alin/why_ph...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#932298 Jun 25, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
No one bows to capitalism. When capitalism is unchecked, there can be a few problems. But everyone bows to communism - or else.
Just ask conservatives who were questioned gestapo-style about their book club reading material and what they said in their prayers because they didn't bow to this administration. Sounds very KGB to me.
lol! Actually, no son. They're not.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#932299 Jun 25, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're entitled to your opinion.
Galt has always had the option of employer-sponsored fee-for-service plans, or HMO plans at lower premiums. Galt has always opted for the higher-priced plan to provide easier access to more qualified medical personnel.

HMO plans are cheaper for one reason...denial of services.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#932300 Jun 25, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Few problems? You were bitching and moaning about the housing bubble and you call it a few problems?

Same with the banks?

You sure are way off base.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#932302 Jun 25, 2013
leggy wrote:
<quoted text>
dumbass douchebag Hussein Oblamer wants to put thousands of coal miners out of work.
Jobs??? We don't need no steenking jobs!!! B. Hussein Oblamer
F ing idiot hasn't created 1 non government job.
It's not the government's job to create jobs. Neither is it the government's job to inhibit jobs or freeze hiring by big government intrusion. That's where Obama gets into trouble. And why we're where we are.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#932303 Jun 25, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends how one defines "polluting."
Modern coal fired plants remove particulates, sulfur oxides, and nitrogen oxides.
One could easily argue that solar power plants cause far more permanent damage to the environment because of the vast amounts of land involved and their frequent location in desert areas that have very fragile ecosystems that cannot recover once disturbed.
Wind turbines also have significant environmental effects, including killing large numbers of protected bird species.
And the negative effects of hydropower projects such as the Three Gorges Dam in China are obvious.
lol! You should talk to mdbuilder about killing spotted owls.

Doesn't give a rip.

And he's one of 'your' people.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Win a Free McDonalds Gift Card 5 min Gift Card Expert 1
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 6 min Union Corrupt 7,561
Abby 8-30 17 min edogxxx 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 23 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,399
Amy 8-30 26 min edogxxx 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 34 min gcaveman1 46,321
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 97,935
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info