Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
PDUPONT

Easthampton, MA

#932323 Jun 26, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
In a recent blog post, Paul Krugman compares the response of the Bush administration to the 2001 recession to that of the Obama administration to the Great Recession, and finds that president Bush oversaw a response that was quite superior. Referring to current fiscal policy as "amazing" in how bad it is, he argues that W's policies, including to some extent the war in Afghanistan and the liberation of Iraq, helped the U.S. economy recover from the outfall of the tech bubble burst and the 9/11 attacks.
The graph shows how different Obama's response to the Great Recession has been: in spite of persistent high unemployment, government spending, even in nominal terms, slowed relatively soon after the recession – and where Krugman claims that Bush helped the recovery through his national-security policies, Obama hindered it.
http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/economic-...
http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/06/15/a...
For one thing Carol both you and Stan Veuger, who is a spokesman for the right wing American Enterprise Institute are liars. Nowhere in the Krugman article is George Bush or his policies mentioned.
What is stated however is that Republican policies are undercutting economic recovery;
"But now we’re in a situation — a liquidity trap — in which more government spending is a good thing, because it helps put unemployed resources to work; meanwhile, the cost in terms of future debt service is minimal, because interest rates are so low. Both ends of the intellectual case for austerity — the claim that spending cuts are actually expansionary and the claim that terrible things happen when debt rises even if interest rates are low — have collapsed. What could be easier, then, than for politicians to make constituents happy by spending more on things voters like?"
" So what happens? More austerity, because a party dedicated to the proposition that less government is always more blackmailed Obama into accepting the sequester, and now uses its blocking power to prevent any solution; and it’s true, Obama has chosen not to make this a central political issue.”
We all know that you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer Carol, there's really no need to remind us on a daily basis.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#932324 Jun 26, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Tenzing enjoys poking fun at Republicans wanting less government and yet he falsely claims to be a Libertarian.
That sort of hypocrisy burns another hole in his head that we can all see through.
I don't poke fun, I call you fckn retards for thinking that things like banning gay marriage, banning abortion, increasing border security, escalating the "war" on drugs, increasing our international footprint, restricting trade, etc. represent "less government".

I believe that in the post to which you made this reply was from Carol harping about Planned Parenthood. Y'all want to defund PP NOT because that's the small government approach but because you want the government to impose your religious based "morality". That's not less government, that's MORE government which is fckn STUPID which makes you fckn STUPID.

That clear enough for you?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#932325 Jun 26, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Notation: Low life sounding expected- given the subject of the half empty rotten apple barrel ghetto cart before the broke back mule birdcage toilet paper pass-the-buck, robbinghoodieTic billage known as obamacare.
Or reason number gazillion of why NEVER, ecer to de-aspire to the low levels of becoming a mindless, bobbleheaded rr-oboTIC type votuh.
Ugh.
If you say so.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#932326 Jun 26, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Does this look like a parasite to you?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =FUKwv0YH0ZMXX
Looks just like a baby to me. At 12 weeks.
Can it survive outside the womb on its own or does it rely completely on the host for its survival.

parasite |&#712;par&#601;&# 716;s&#299;t|
noun
an organism that lives in or on another organism (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the host's expense.

Doesn't say anything about it being cute.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#932327 Jun 26, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
You were once a "parasite" too. Good thing you didn't get sucked out of your "host" into a vacuum.
Not necessarily, I wouldn't have known the difference.

How do you know you weren't aborted and just got another chance? That's consistent with your mythology.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#932328 Jun 26, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't poke fun, I call you fckn retards for thinking that things like banning gay marriage, banning abortion, increasing border security, escalating the "war" on drugs, increasing our international footprint, restricting trade, etc. represent "less government".
I believe that in the post to which you made this reply was from Carol harping about Planned Parenthood. Y'all want to defund PP NOT because that's the small government approach but because you want the government to impose your religious based "morality". That's not less government, that's MORE government which is fckn STUPID which makes you fckn STUPID.
That clear enough for you?
Good morning clueless one:

" Any notion that Tuesday's election represented a liberal juggernaut must overcome a detail from the voting booths of California: The same voters who turned out strongest for Barack Obama also drove a stake through the heart of same-sex marriage.

Seven in 10 African Americans who went to the polls voted yes on Proposition 8"

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2008-11-07...

We could go over each of your propaganda assertions you are repeating, Kool-Aid drinker, but since you are dishonest, I won't.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#932329 Jun 26, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Mick Jagger dissed Obama during a DC concert in reference to the NSA. "I don't think President Obama is here tonight, but I'm sure he's listening in."
The mention of Obama's name elicited boo's from the audience. Obama has lost the people's trust. And no one knows what's going on with Obamacare.
Think it's the other party on its last leg.
Not if you look at what happened in MA and TX last night, quite a change from '10 dontcha think?

But you go right ahead thinking your party's fine, that thinking worked out so well last year didn't it?

Its amusing to watch. The GOP has acknowledged that they need to change so their solution is to do exactly NOT that.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#932330 Jun 26, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
For one thing Carol both you and Stan Veuger, who is a spokesman for the right wing American Enterprise Institute are liars. Nowhere in the Krugman article is George Bush or his policies mentioned.
What is stated however is that Republican policies are undercutting economic recovery;
"But now we’re in a situation — a liquidity trap — in which more government spending is a good thing, because it helps put unemployed resources to work; meanwhile, the cost in terms of future debt service is minimal, because interest rates are so low. Both ends of the intellectual case for austerity — the claim that spending cuts are actually expansionary and the claim that terrible things happen when debt rises even if interest rates are low — have collapsed. What could be easier, then, than for politicians to make constituents happy by spending more on things voters like?"
" So what happens? More austerity, because a party dedicated to the proposition that less government is always more blackmailed Obama into accepting the sequester, and now uses its blocking power to prevent any solution; and it’s true, Obama has chosen not to make this a central political issue.”
We all know that you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer Carol, there's really no need to remind us on a daily basis.
Mornin, dippy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#932331 Jun 26, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning clueless one:
" Any notion that Tuesday's election represented a liberal juggernaut must overcome a detail from the voting booths of California: The same voters who turned out strongest for Barack Obama also drove a stake through the heart of same-sex marriage.
Seven in 10 African Americans who went to the polls voted yes on Proposition 8"
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2008-11-07...
We could go over each of your propaganda assertions you are repeating, Kool-Aid drinker, but since you are dishonest, I won't.
Thanks but I didn't really need an example of "stupid", thought my post was sufficient.

Since you insist though, why don't you take a shot at explaining how having the government regulate personal relationships is "less government" regardless of what a mob says.
LCN Llin

United States

#932332 Jun 26, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
The climate has apparently been in a "warming plateau" for the past 15 years.
Scientific data shows the temperatures have not varied that significantly.
Most of the warming over the last century occurred before 1940 - preceding the vast majority of human-caused carbon dioxide emissions worldwide. Global warming alarmists have been unable to explain this mismatch between warming theory and scientific data.
James Hansen, director of NASA's Goddard Institute of Space Studies who started the clamor for action to prevent global warming, wrote in the 1998 Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences that "the forcings that drive long-term climate change are not known with accuracy sufficient to define future climate change."
So much for being sure.
http://www.nc pa
Dr. Carol
PDUPONT

Easthampton, MA

#932333 Jun 26, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
But see, that's the thing. Between the two of us, I'm the more reasonable.
For example, you seem to have no problem with Obama and Hillary lying about that video to protect their party's chance of winning in 2012.
That's not very reasonable. Unless you have another explanation why they would lie about something like that.
Stop flogging that horse Carol! It's dead already!
Four separate media reports from sources on the ground in Benghazi citing actual witnesses to the attack indicate that the perpetrators were a group called Ansar al-Shariah who indeed used the anti Muslim video as their reason to attack the consulate. This same group attack an Italian consulate in 2006 to protest a perceived insult to the prophet.
The only liar here is you.
LCN Llin

United States

#932334 Jun 26, 2013
Within hours of the Supreme Court’s ruling on the Voting Rights Act the Democratic National Committee posted a petition and began fundraising off the decision.

Tuesday, the court struck down a portion of the Voting Rights Act and called on Congress to enact a new manner of determining which states and localities’ voting laws require permission from the federal government.

In an email to supporters, Donna Brazile — the vice-chair for Voter Registration and Participation for the Democratic National Committee — called the decision an “injustice” and warned that the voting access “threats are real.”

“In the last few years, Republicans have dramatically stepped up their efforts to limit voting access,” she wrote in the email.“They’ve tried passing restrictive voter ID laws, cutting back early-voting hours, and eliminating same-day voter registration. The list goes on.”

Brazile called on supporters to add their name to the DNC’s petition, which reads,“The Supreme Court has struck down parts of the Voting Rights Act. This is disappointing, but the fight is not over. Stand with Democrats who are fighting to protect the right to vote for every American.”
LCN Llin

United States

#932335 Jun 26, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if you look at what happened in MA and TX last night, quite a change from '10 dontcha think?
But you go right ahead thinking your party's fine, that thinking worked out so well last year didn't it?
Its amusing to watch. The GOP has acknowledged that they need to change so their solution is to do exactly NOT that.
GOP want to restrict voting which turned out record voters in 2012.
People stayed in line for 6 to 8 hours.
Fund raising has begun.
LCN Llin

United States

#932336 Jun 26, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks but I didn't really need an example of "stupid", thought my post was sufficient.
Since you insist though, why don't you take a shot at explaining how having the government regulate personal relationships is "less government" regardless of what a mob says.
Big government republicans are a fact

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#932337 Jun 26, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Had Glass-Steagall been in place, Citigroup could not have formed CitiFinancial and Bear Stearns would not have needed a bailout. Many in the financial community believe the repeal of Glass-Steagall did contribute to the financial mess we are in.
The reason why Hillary Clinton has remained silent over her husband's repeal of Glass-Steagall may be because it is more embarrassing than Monica Lewinsky.
Gramm Leach Bliley was the law that Clinton signed that wiped out Glass-Stengal.

Gramm, Leach & Bliley are all Republican.

The bill was passed in the Senate with all Republicans & 1 Democrat voting for it & 44 Democrats & no Republicans against it.

Clinton was against it but a compromise was reached.

To blame Clinton for not stopping Republicans is really dishonest. Like most of your posts.
LCN Llin

United States

#932338 Jun 26, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not the government's job to create jobs.

Neither is it the government's job to inhibit jobs or freeze hiring by big government intrusion. That's where Obama gets into trouble. And why we're where we are.
As long as You have a roof over your head?
If different, would the view from the street be different.
Peace
neigbor

Covington, GA

#932339 Jun 26, 2013
LCN Llin

United States

#932340 Jun 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Gramm Leach Bliley was the law that Clinton signed that wiped out Glass-Stengal.
Gramm, Leach & Bliley are all Republican.
The bill was passed in the Senate with all Republicans & 1 Democrat voting for it & 44 Democrats & no Republicans against it.
Clinton was against it but a compromise was reached.
To blame Clinton for not stopping Republicans is really dishonest. Like most of your posts.
Knee jerk republican blame everything on democrats.
Keeping people from voting will energize the democratic party.
" He man, the repugs don't want you to vote. we will pay for your voter ID"
NJ raider 1

Paterson, NJ

#932341 Jun 26, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Look I'm against passing laws to comfort a certain groups securities but, I truly don't care who dates or sleeps with who. It's none of my business. In a world where there has to be laws & rules to govern society, we shouldn't be encouraging gay anything to kids. They're learning about sexual orientation far too young &, it's not the school or society's job to teach our children about such life altering events. Now on the same hand, if this country is based on freedom as we're told, the majority shouldn't have to accommodate the emotions of the minority. I know people will compare being gay to black slavery but, before you do, they're not on the same playing field. For one being black is not a choice. Here comes the argument! 2nd, blacks were targeted for just that being black. Gays aren't targeted for being gay by society in general. I for 1 don't see the big deal in giving them the same rights under a different title. If that's the big deal, it can be easily solved. Sorry for my rambling but, my concern is for the kids. They are 2 easily influenced!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#932342 Jun 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are correct about climate change, which you are not, then changes by America will do absolutely no good if China and Russia and India and Korea and Vietnam and others do not do the same.
To think that their emissions of greenhouse gases would affect only their countries is naive.
A reduction is a reduction regardless if anyone else follows through.

This idea that we should wait until Russia & china do more is stupid.If the U.S. won't do anything, why should thy. Aren't we number one or two in greenhouse emissions?

Many smaller countries have put in measures already.

I realize Galt is old doesn't give a rat's patutie about future generations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 40 min Rogue Scholar 05 179,209
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 69,922
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Aww Theyre Mad 50,580
Amy 10-19 3 hr Mister Tonka 5
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr texas pete 4,790
someone make fun of me sph 4 hr wolfnasty1556 1
BhObumbler abandoned at fundraisers. 5 hr TheGroidlooses S... 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance