Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
856,241 - 856,260 of 1,078,981 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is SPDR-Energy one of the largest energy stocks out there.
http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investpl...
It was tanking as Flack said until the stock market realized Obama was delaying taking action and placing main focus on coal.
Maybe you just need to learn to read a chart.

XLE's intra-day low of 77.45 was at 10:17, 0.27 lower than it was at 14:00. It closed up 0.99 or 1.29%.

This is the same pattern I've seen in most of the energy stocks I've looked at today.
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I've looked at more than a dozen of the biggest energy stocks and all are up.
Shhhh! The real world conflicts with their reality.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Any data to support your premise? My insurance hasn't gone up.
That is strange as insurance premiums increase usually annually but definitely every two years.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obamacare places no restrictions on your medical care (at least not yet) as long as you are willing to pay cash for treatment after paying forced premiums for Obamacare.
So you do not have health insurance & relied on me to cover your ass if you developed a serious condition. You & Flacktard using the rest of us to cover your butts. Talk abut moochers.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
We were?
Medicare/medicaid recipients and the uninsured who didn't pay their bills (lots of emergency room use there) and who's costs were passed on to you and me were paying for their own healthcare before Obamacare?
Your failure to follow a thread of thought is becoming a bad habit of yours.

John Galt wrote: You miss the point that Galt wants to negotiate coverage with an insurance provider without the government dictating the elements of that coverage.

You-So you can "negotiate" it down to where I have to pay for it again? Terrific!

Me- We were paying for own Health Care prior to Obamacare. I don't think your point is valid.
Read more at http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TI79GC...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Shhhh! The real world conflicts with their reality.
The charts were posted.

Read them. See when the stocks went down.

Anymore comments about what they showed?

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

I'm checking the news channels to learn more about that submarine with a hole it it that sank really fast.
Anyone hear anything?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> So you do not have health insurance & relied on me to cover your ass if you developed a serious condition. You & Flacktard using the rest of us to cover your butts. Talk abut moochers.
In response to this comment
"Obamacare places no restrictions on your medical care (at least not yet) as long as you are willing to pay cash for treatment after paying forced premiums for Obamacare. "

Sounds to me that the person is talking about those who pay premiums. How did you get this confused?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Then get the f*ck out.
The government never ever spied on Americans before Obama took office.
Nope.
Never happened.
G Edgar Hoover never kept secret files. My God, what if he had the internet & cell phones to tap into.
George W Bush took more liberties with spying with the first Patriot At than Obama has done. Bush didn't even need a warrant.
Anyone who thinks their phone records are really private, that their cell phones sending signals through the air is private is so naive.
You worry that your government is spying but don'y give a rat's ass that these records are instantly available to thousands of phone/internet employees.
"Oh Oh Oh the President violated the Constitution!!! OMG OMG"
Everything was done by the book. Congressional oversight & court approved.
We are creating a database. No individual's records can be looked at without a warrant.
We have already suffered the terrorist attacks of American citizens - Boston bomber, Timothy McVey, etc. Mining this data has stopped terrorist attacks.
What privacy have you given up? Nothing that you have not already surrendered to phone companies & internet companies.
I guess you think its just a coincidence when you search online for tent information & tent ads appear on your internet pages for weeks to come.
But hey, like the birth certificate, college transcripts, Benghazi, IRS, Medical codes, this is another example of how you people try to make something out of a situation that proves to be nothing.
You are a hopelessly one-track partisan azzhole with no future.

Written across your forehead: "Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

It has been repeated here time and time and again that, of course, the Magic Negro's sins are not new any more than robbery and infidelity are. The complaint is multifaceted:(1)He flat-out lied in his campaign promises (2) He continues to lie (3) The extent and depth of his sin is off the scale compared to past Presidents and he counts on getting forgiveness daily from airheads like you.

Don't ever forgive your self, DumDave. Go find a rope and a tall tree.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
But see, that's the thing. Between the two of us, I'm the more reasonable.
For example, you seem to have no problem with Obama and Hillary lying about that video to protect their party's chance of winning in 2012.
That's not very reasonable. Unless you have another explanation why they would lie about something like that.
I'm waiting for a typical Tenzing reply that begins with a complaint about George Bush or Slavery or Sun Spots......

Or something similar:]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all, I work in the Energy sector.
"Whatever"
"dumos" does in the energy business, he blows hit air all the time.
Peace

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
No idea what video you're talking about but thanks for the belly-laugh. Of course my co-workers are now looking at me funny.
Bettie Lou!!! What did I just get through telling you?!!!

He did it! "What video?"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....
Nostrils Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Bernanke’s Surprise.
Markets Plunge on traders “Fears”. Traders prefer a volatile market. Presents them with greater opportunities to siphon additional wealth to the upper statuses’ of our affluent investors.
Actually its no surprise at all. Recent CBO report defined the need to commence the “Weaning” process. Weaning contains the elements of “Fear and sense of loss. Nature has demonstrated the importance of weaning to promote sturdy self reliance.
Majority of 24economic advisors agreed this is the time to begin our weaning from the governments assistances in our finical sectors. Traders play the “Fear” card.
Feds have been purchasing $85 billion per month in bonds to stimulate the economy. Bernanke announces they will later this year reduce this stimulus. Feds will keep interest rates low. Near zero percent, until unemployment reaches 6.5%. Then it will reassess their strategies. Traders “Fear” this will occur at the end of 2013 or early 2014.
Economy is growing faster than previously predicted 3 months ago. Markets plunge on traders “Fears”.{AP} surveyed the economic advisors and found them in agreement that this is the correct measure to proceed with at this time.
Economy has grown consistently at 2% for the past 3 years. Employers have been adding on average 180,000 new jobs per month. Reducing unemployment to 7.6%
Bernanke stresses that if indicators show this to be incorrect they will intervene and return to purchasing additional bonds.
Jerry Webman, chief economic at Oppenhmeimer Funds stated; “ If it stays on track… There would be no reason to maintain an aggressive policy that was “designed” to deal with a “substantially” weaker economy.
Continuing to purchase bonds at $85 billion per month would produce inflation and followed with its customary financial bubbles. It is more important to act sooner then later to curtail finical excesses.
Inflation indicator is presently at 1% well within the 2% acceptable range for inflation.“IF” it becomes too low then Feds normally keep rates low too boost the economy. This straight and steady course sure beats the roller coaster rides of the bushwhacking years of economic instability. That resulted in the finical catastrophe of 2008.
Wow! You can copy & past (without a source, of course).

You also just reminded me of why I have ruled out the Fort Myers area as a potential retirement or vacation home place.

There are a bunch of idiots there.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Media Matters, part of the Soros echo chamber, lives in lala land.
Note lack of anything to back it up while I saw one group post all headlines from media. Rather interesting but not that different from each other.
sonicfilter's posts have simply become background noise in a Diarrhea Ward.

I might stop to read one-in-a-hundred and comment on even less.

They all are a single stale drone of Leftist links and propaganda.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

LNC Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Your problem is a divided Republican party with the RINO tag from the comic book wing of your party.
Obama got Osama Bin Lauden, Benghazi is over and the IRS is going nowhere.
Sooner of later you may have to face the divisions within your own party rather than hoping that a few scandals will surfice.
LOL
"lnc"
Benghazi is over? Did not the president say that the terrorists who murdered would be brought to justice? They have been brought to justice? It is not over, nobama wishes it was but it is no
Nobama got bin Laden? I thought a navy seals team did that.
Peace
KMA
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you just need to learn to read a chart.
XLE's intra-day low of 77.45 was at 10:17, 0.27 lower than it was at 14:00. It closed up 0.99 or 1.29%.
This is the same pattern I've seen in most of the energy stocks I've looked at today.
They slumped mid-morning as Flack stated not after lunch as your claim.

The bottom line is they did slump and then recovered.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
From the same article Dupont sited
Bill Clinton
"Among his biggest strokes of free-wheeling capitalism was the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, which repealed the Glass-Steagall Act, a cornerstone of Depression-era regulation. He also signed the Commodity Futures Modernization Act, which exempted credit-default swaps from regulation. In 1995 Clinton loosened housing rules by rewriting the Community Reinvestment Act, which put added pressure on banks to lend in low-income neighborhoods. It is the subject of heated political and scholarly debate whether any of these moves are to blame for our troubles, but they certainly played a role in creating a permissive lending environment.
Read more: http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/ar... #ixzz2XEURoWvl
Tenzing can't hear you. He's in class right now being taught by a Zebra Instructor.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Because we pay for people who don't pay with higher costs. We also compete with tens of millions of healthcare customers who have no stake in limiting their care because the government pays for it. During the debate the teabagger crowd was demanding the government write a blank check to pay for some theoretical granny's hip replacement cutely labeling the practice of limiting coverage "death panels".
Not sure about your response.

Are you saying that Galt should be required to purchase a high cost policy to subsidize care for those who don't pay? Which is exactly what Obamacare is all about.

As for the senior citizens, Medicare already pays for Granny's hip replacement, virtually without question, so it's just natural for them to be concerned that Obamacare will reduce their coverage.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You can repeat that as often as you want. You may as well tell me where the Marines are listed for the Navy son.
Go to the Department of the Navy, and see how the U.S. Marines are listed.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
That is strange as insurance premiums increase usually annually but definitely every two years.
Most group policies are on a calendar year basis, with premium adjustments announced in the Fall. Obamacare has not yet taken effect, so we will learn later this year.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 17 min JOEL 68,366
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 459
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Guy 174,508
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Mothra 45,768
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 67,894
In a WAR between RUSSIA and GLOBALISTS, I'm "RO... 2 hr SnuffAGlobalist 1
Anti-Jewish leaflets: Anti-Semitic hate message... 2 hr SnuffAGlobalist 7
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 hr Rose of Tralee 97,515
•••